Author Topic: Ride Channel, WTF  (Read 22691 times)

Iceman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
Re: Ride Channel, WTF
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2014, 06:50:20 AM »
I'm gonna miss it.

Cousin Avi

• Rep: -2
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2014, 10:19:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What's with the Ride Channel...
no more Weekend Buzz? No more Free Lunches?
Fully Torqued ending, Skateline gone to Thrasher.
What's happening?
[close]

Maybe they are pulling a Tyler Bledsoe and they'll comeback with the same features and a FULL INTERVIEW WITH GINO, online parts from Heath, Pat Chanitta and Free Lunches with people that really care about their profession and love that is skateboarding...
[close]

Where the hell have I seen that picture before?

RawhIDE

• Rep: 4
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2014, 11:08:09 AM »
Hey, Brink sent me the link to this. I figured I may as well respond as life is too short to not get cyber bullied.
I'll try to hit up the shows mentioned.
Free Lunch: We are still doing that show but have cut back a little. But we just released two parts with David Gravette and the next episode on 2/26 will be with Nuge, then Lizard. Good shit.

Fully Torqued: When Clint came up with the idea, he put it out on Kickstarter with the idea to raise a chunk of money to pay for the travel expenses. RIDE gave him a good chunk and they agreed that they would give us 8 episodes. We loved that show...super raw and funny. If I could get Clint to get us more episodes I would. We certainly didn't cancel anything. Tell him you want more.

In Focus: Trust me. I loved that show. I would have that show go on forever if possible. Unfortunately Manzoori who made those shows is a very busy guy and it became more then he could deal with. It wasn't about money, it wasn't about views although some great episodes really didn't get many views. It was about him not having the time. Will it come back? I hope so. We will have to find another amazing filmer/editor who actually has the time and connections to do it as good as it was.

Buzz: After nearly 100 episodes and 175 or so guests, we all needed a break. It's not easy getting fresh faces to drive down to San Diego to do the show let alone find a sober driver for the drive back. I'm looking for a more central location and hope to bring it back in spring.

I'd tell ya more of what's coming up but I don't want to sound like a spammer. I just thought you guys may want to know what's really going on. I'm sure Brink will chime in when we have a bit more Buzz news.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2014, 12:55:00 PM »
I live in L.A. and am sober... I'll happily be the Buzz guests driver. All I ask is one 8.5'' deck each way.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2014, 12:59:40 PM »
I live in L.A. and am sober... I'll happily be the Buzz guests driver. All I ask is one 8.5'' deck each way.

paging GAY, paging GAY.....

OH, he said "deck". 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

fourwheelwonder

• Rep: -12
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 03:00:40 PM »
Raw, thanks alot for all the answers.
Let's just hope these shows will come back eventually :)
// when the blind lead the blind they all fall into a ditch //

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2014, 03:31:42 PM »
wait, is RawhIDE tony hawk? cause he does own ride channel
fuckin A' tony, welcome to the boards!
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2014, 03:32:18 PM »
on the topic, lemme pitch my 411 idea yet again:

a similar set up to RIDE or The Berrics, but all your favorite features from 411 back in the day. Certain things would obviously be gone, like the intro with amazing tricks since everyone wants to save their footage, but a Day in the Life or whatever the hell all the other ones would be rad. Just release a couple clips a week. With the amount of pro skaters now I think they'd be able to run it for years. Might not be the same without that song though....

I did hear a year or two ago that the guy won a huge settlement or something and was bringing it back, but that was the last I heard.

On topic: I miss the Weekend Buzz...

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2014, 03:33:24 PM »
wait, is RawhIDE tony hawk? cause he does own ride channel
fuckin A' tony, welcome to the boards!

It was too nice of a post to be RAWBERTSON or whatever the fuck it was, but I was thinking maybe Brink is under contract with Element now and can't come on here and talk shit. If thats the case, bummer, he was great to have around. I'd take the check over SLAP too though haha.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2014, 06:41:17 PM »
Hey, Brink sent me the link to this. I figured I may as well respond as life is too short to not get cyber bullied.
I'll try to hit up the shows mentioned.
Free Lunch: We are still doing that show but have cut back a little. But we just released two parts with David Gravette and the next episode on 2/26 will be with Nuge, then Lizard. Good shit.

Fully Torqued: When Clint came up with the idea, he put it out on Kickstarter with the idea to raise a chunk of money to pay for the travel expenses. RIDE gave him a good chunk and they agreed that they would give us 8 episodes. We loved that show...super raw and funny. If I could get Clint to get us more episodes I would. We certainly didn't cancel anything. Tell him you want more.

In Focus: Trust me. I loved that show. I would have that show go on forever if possible. Unfortunately Manzoori who made those shows is a very busy guy and it became more then he could deal with. It wasn't about money, it wasn't about views although some great episodes really didn't get many views. It was about him not having the time. Will it come back? I hope so. We will have to find another amazing filmer/editor who actually has the time and connections to do it as good as it was.

Buzz: After nearly 100 episodes and 175 or so guests, we all needed a break. It's not easy getting fresh faces to drive down to San Diego to do the show let alone find a sober driver for the drive back. I'm looking for a more central location and hope to bring it back in spring.

I'd tell ya more of what's coming up but I don't want to sound like a spammer. I just thought you guys may want to know what's really going on. I'm sure Brink will chime in when we have a bit more Buzz news.

That was refreshing, thank you for taking the time to spell it out.

I love ride channel, some of the segments are really, really great. I hope it's profitable and Tony'll keep the lights on over there.

RawhIDE

• Rep: 4
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2014, 10:54:07 AM »
Regarding Brink, he will always be lurking around. I'm sure he'll be back to shit talking soon enough.

I love ride channel, some of the segments are really, really great. I hope it's profitable and Tony'll keep the lights on over there.
Posted on: February 13, 2014, 03:33:24 PM Posted by: skate_bored

Yeah the lights will stay on over here. There may be a few days in a row that don't have anything you are into but we are slowly getting back a lot of our RIDE shows and we have a lot of good stuff from Baker, SJ, Stereo, Almost, Blind and many others.

goldfishboot

• Rep: 144
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2014, 12:01:12 PM »
learn to quote right you dork

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2014, 01:28:36 PM »
Please keep skate going. I would watch skate Gary Indiana if you posted it.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2014, 06:19:26 PM »
I figured I may as well respond as life is too short to not get cyber bullied.
Ah, we aren't that bad. The real bullies are on YouTube.

Thanks for the info. Good shit. Will definitely miss new episodes of WB for however long that is. That and Free Lunch are probably the only two shows in which I've seen every episode.

Stick around.

(To pencil, rawhIDE isn't Tony.)

Cheers Rob! Glad you're busy man.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2014, 09:43:05 AM »
they were great shows. glad it's from needing to take a break and not from catching flack for outting chase gabor as a pedo sodomizer.

BTW, is there any chance that some of the shredOrDie shows will make a comeback on the ride channel?

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2014, 10:46:49 AM »
Now that Skateboarder Mag is sadly defunct, could you be the outlet for uploading all of the 411vm issues (not chopped up in parts, but as whole videos)?

RaptorJesus

• Rep: 41
  • raptor jesus died for your homeostasis
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2014, 10:56:19 AM »
without buzz there would have never been a screwdriver story for us

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2014, 11:23:36 AM »
Now that Skateboarder Mag is sadly defunct, could you be the outlet for uploading all of the 411vm issues (not chopped up in parts, but as whole videos)?

Found a bunch of full lengths of the earlier 411s on this channel. Some of the quality is questionable but at least they listed the times of each section so you can skip around the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6NVaVOokARfFe9EijxnBOA/featured

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2014, 02:04:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Found a bunch of full lengths of the earlier 411s on this channel. Some of the quality is questionable but at least they listed the times of each section so you can skip around the vid.

^^that channel is nuts.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2014, 07:07:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

^^that channel is nuts.

Yeah lots of good old vids. Maybe I should drop the link in the download all vids thread.

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2014, 07:25:09 PM »
rob quoted me <3

doublesteveburger

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2014, 12:26:32 AM »
hey brink, your beard is good, just a compliment about your beard being good.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2014, 09:37:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thank you.

Which beard are you referring to? I guess I never thought of it as a beard, it's really just a week to 10 days of laziness. Then I hit it with the clippers, but not the same clippers I shave my balls with.

Thank you again. You are too kind.
Yeah right, like anybody has seperate clippers just for their balls.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2014, 09:42:06 AM »
The man has a valid point which you owe it to us to address. Post both trimmers, or you will forever be know as the guy who's face is too good for his balls.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2014, 09:51:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Thank you.

Which beard are you referring to? I guess I never thought of it as a beard, it's really just a week to 10 days of laziness. Then I hit it with the clippers, but not the same clippers I shave my balls with.

[close]

You actually use clippers on your nuts?  I'd be too afraid it would snag my sack and rip it off i just trim em.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2014, 10:37:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Thank you.

[close]
[close]

You actually use clippers on your nuts?  I'd be too afraid it would snag my sack and rip it off i just trim em.

A.) I just always use someone elses razor to trim my pubes
B.) Using a razor fucking sucks, gotta trim that shit first to get it down to a managable size

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2014, 11:02:57 AM »
The man has a valid point which you owe it to us to address. Post both trimmers, or you will forever be know as the guy who's face is too good for his balls.
Or his balls were too good for his face? For shame Brink. I like the turn this thread has taken.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2014, 12:44:25 PM »
Brink, that almost sound homophobic. You let another man kiss you. Surely you don't feel "above" sharing clippers with your "buddies".

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2014, 10:52:47 PM »
People shave their balls?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2014, 02:08:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What can I say ... #diamondlife. I splurged and got 2 $25 clippers from target.