Author Topic: Legendary tales about skaters  (Read 60169 times)

shark tits

Re: Legendary tales about skaters
« Reply #180 on: June 02, 2014, 02:46:20 PM »
he's lucky mic-e reyes didn't beat him up mid-trick like when he tackled danny gonzales. jeesh though, whatever became of 'thou shalt not covet thy sponsor's wife?'

truck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
« Reply #181 on: June 02, 2014, 02:47:06 PM »
A chick had sex with a regular Nick Merlino.

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #182 on: June 02, 2014, 02:49:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone know the story of Jamie Thomas getting banned from Thrasher for a while, getting kicked off of all DLX products and basically not being skater of the year? I heard it had something to do with him fucking someones wife or girlfriend.
[close]
As the story goes, it was Tommy G's better half.

I would enjoy knowing more about this.

truck

« Reply #183 on: June 02, 2014, 02:50:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
all of these stories are 'reledgedly'.
eric j backside 180'd wallenberg w/ no cameras [before anything had been down it asides ollie].
robbie gangemi knocked off rob welsh's SF hat and said 'nigga, you ain't from SF, you from Maine.'
PJ banged alexis sablone.
arial nodded out at government center and eli reed gave him a dirty look and a 'you could've been something' type spiel so arial got up, cabbed the 8 stair and nodded back out.
jon klein stole frank gerwer's gf and married her, sending frank headfirst into alcoholism.
PJ had an epiphany and said aloud 'i'll never have to work a real job in my life' then cackled maniacally.
when some goodnatured horseplay got out of control, pigpen curbstomped a girl.
my buddy grinded a UHAUL bumper and the owner of the truck started throttling him. charlie wilkins came out of the cut and put the man in a chokehold.
after he went crazy, kyle vadeboncuer got good at fighting. he'd just practice all the time, fighting anyone in the street.
[close]

I knew I could count on you for an epic tale!

Didn't like Heddings & Pigpen used to smoke crack on those 151 tours?

[close]
i wouldn't doubt it but i don't have any good secondhand accounts. a long time ago i worked at yellowstone and my boss was a portland skater so if i wanted to fuck off for a little bit i'd ask him for a pigpen story or something and he always delivered. i don't think he knew heddings as well since he moved to san diego so long ago. there usedta be a couple deaf skaters at burnside, the black kid ripped but apparently he ran to ATL to avoid a rape charge.
then brent atchley told us a story about 'deaf tom' he was taking a shit at a bar and passed out on the toilet. when he awoke the bar was closed so he just started drinking. the cops come and yell at him to stop and comply but he's deaf so he keeps drinking. then they beat the living shit out of him so he's got a lawsuit against portland PD.
those deaf tranny dogs, always up to no good!

it's deaf paul, not tom

truck

Phil

• Rep: -48
« Reply #185 on: June 03, 2014, 10:05:37 AM »
Heath Tale

I think its talked about in the Mindfield booklet?

On a road trip to film for the video they were really hyped on doing cliff jumps and they would try and hit a new one almost daily. One day they start talking about how gnarly it would be if someone didnt eye it up first before they jump and just went for it. No looking to see where its shallow and deep, no looking to see if there are any rocks to avoid below, but just fucking run and jump.

So they kick that idea around for a couple days and then...

One day while they are walking up to a new cliff jump that had a straight but narrow path, a determined Heath, whom was walking in the back of the pack, flew by everyone on the trail just as they were about to reach the cliff AND FUCKING JUMPED IT. First time ever there and
jumped off this cliff without looking.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #186 on: June 03, 2014, 11:42:19 AM »
Heath Tale

On a road trip to film for the video they were really hyped on doing cliff jumps and they would try and hit a new one almost daily. One day they start talking about how gnarly it would be if someone didnt eye it up first before they jump and just went for it. No looking to see where its shallow and deep, no looking to see if there are any rocks to avoid below, but just fucking run and jump.

One day while they are walking up to a new cliff jump that had a straight but narrow path, a determined Heath, whom was walking in the back of the pack, flew by everyone on the trail just as they were about to reach the cliff AND FUCKING JUMPED IT. First time ever there and
Did he die?

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #187 on: June 03, 2014, 12:56:34 PM »
:(

tbmersh

• Rep: -11
« Reply #188 on: June 03, 2014, 06:51:40 PM »
One time i had a full on conversation with Jereme Rogers on Instagram of me messing with him saying he doesn't have swag and raps to gain many bitches. His replies were awkward and it seemed like he tried to seem intelligent. I don't remember it much for it was 1 and a half years ago, but i just remember him replying and being a kook in his replies. But then again i did deserve it although i was basically just trolling.

Not legendary but thought i would share.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #189 on: June 03, 2014, 07:03:25 PM »
One time i had a full on conversation with Jereme Rogers on Instagram of me messing with him saying he doesn't have swag and raps to gain many bitches. His replies were awkward and it seemed like he tried to seem intelligent. I don't remember it much for it was 1 and a half years ago, but i just remember him replying and being a kook in his replies. But then again i did deserve it although i was basically just trolling.

Not legendary but thought i would share.

Could've done without this one.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #190 on: June 03, 2014, 08:53:20 PM »
yeah, that was almost as bad as my T-Mo story.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2014, 11:39:45 PM »
Heath Tale

dude FUUUUUCK that, just thinking about doing this gives me anxiety.

Mr. Lono

• Rep: 22
  • Fl NC CO
« Reply #192 on: June 05, 2014, 11:28:32 PM »
eric j backside 180'd wallenberg w/ no cameras [before anything had been down it asides ollie].
robbie gangemi knocked off rob welsh's SF hat and said 'nigga, you ain't from SF, you from Maine.'
arial nodded out at government center and eli reed gave him a dirty look and a 'you could've been something' type spiel so arial got up, cabbed the 8 stair and nodded back out.
jon klein stole frank gerwer's gf and married her, sending frank headfirst into alcoholism.
PJ had an epiphany and said aloud 'i'll never have to work a real job in my life' then cackled maniacally.
my buddy grinded a UHAUL bumper and the owner of the truck started throttling him. charlie wilkins came out of the cut and put the man in a chokehold.
after he went crazy, kyle vadeboncuer got good at fighting. he'd just practice all the time, fighting anyone in the street.

We need a thread called "stories from the man who sniffs his own butthole". Skate related or not. Interesting shit

(had to modify because butthole came up as button hole, funny but inaccurate)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 11:30:30 PM by Mr. Lono »
Charlie don't skate

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #193 on: June 06, 2014, 06:00:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

We need a thread called "stories from the man who sniffs his own butthole". Skate related or not. Interesting shit

FALSE.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

shark tits

« Reply #194 on: June 06, 2014, 07:50:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

FALSE.

k
they both inaccurate cause i have no sense of smell. when the mods change my name back to shark tits i'll regale yuz w/ some stories.

Kevin Malone

• Rep: -31
« Reply #195 on: June 06, 2014, 08:24:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

FALSE.

k

What movie is that Robert downey gif from?

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #196 on: June 06, 2014, 09:04:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

FALSE.

k
[close]

What movie is that Robert downey gif from?

Due Date. 

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #197 on: June 14, 2014, 08:53:17 AM »
This is more about a certain pro being a legendary douchebag.  So a friend of mine and his gf are at Black Bar (Atiba's bar in LA) when a pretty intoxicated Richie Jackson approaches them.  So they have a few more drinks together, my friend is really into all that circus-y shit so he's loving it.  Last call rolls around and as my friend is leaving to head to a party, Richie jumps in the car with them.  Not wanting to tell him no, they end up bringing Richie Jackson to this party where he walks right in, opens up the wine cabinet of the homeowners, and drinks a bottle of some top shelf shit.  When approached about the liquor poaching, the pirate simply responded "if you didn't want this kind of stuff to happen, you shouldn't have people over."  What a cock smooch.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #198 on: June 14, 2014, 09:23:49 AM »
A few gems from Shorty's Steve Olson.

1) Doesn't "believe" in paying taxes.
2) Once signed over an entire months pay/royalties to the Hare Krishna's next door to his house.
3) Once saw him take the slam of a lifetime on a triple kinked rail straight to his back on the rail.  Thought dude was dead.  He proceeded to put his hands together and basically started to bust out a backspin on the ground.  Got back up, waxed his board and made it next try.  Most insane thing I've ever seen.  Later asked him what happened and he said he "just channeled a bunch of energy and fixed myself."
4) At one point in time Steve spent pretty much all his loot on weed.  Dude would smoke a half ounce on the daily.  Saw him 6 months later smoking a cig and he said he quit smoking weed.  Then saw him about a month after that and he was blazed out of his head.  Asked him what was up and he said he was meditating on the beach and found a freshly rolled fatty.  Took that as a sign that he should always be smoking weed.
5) Did the infamous boardslide off the roof in PB at 6am with his girlfriend filming.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2014, 11:59:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Chris Pontius sayin in his BB interview that Danny Way would go to the border and shoot the mexicans jumping over the fence. Said Danny would drive around too and grab holda a dude on a motorcycle then gun it and push the dude over.
[close]
I could see that. Or Danny Way in a helicopter shooting a border jumpers.
[close]

http://scienceversuslife.tumblr.com/post/87281426469/not-british-but-worth-seeing-chris-pontius-talks

good read! hes tight does party boy still skate?
[close]
That was a rad read. He was straight up calling out Danny Way. Wish more mags today were like Big Brother.

moeron

• Rep: -27
« Reply #200 on: June 14, 2014, 12:52:44 PM »

That Ariel story is epic. Sad but epic!

moeron

• Rep: -27
« Reply #201 on: June 14, 2014, 01:13:20 PM »
Wes Kremer was on mushrooms during that opening down hill line in the video part he does bs 360 then that giant gap to fs nosegrind.

Brandon Turner was in the midst of a multiple day bender when he switch 360flipped over the rail into that huge lumpy and sketchy bank in SD.

RockForLight

• Rep: 26
« Reply #202 on: June 14, 2014, 01:54:25 PM »
Does anybody else remember Derek Gertz? He posted on skateperception from '04 until he passed away after hitting his head while skating a stair set alone. He was always robo-tripping and posting stories of his adventures. I consider this dude to be pretty legendary.

http://forums.skateperception.com/index.php?/topic/100238-the-derekg-story-thread/

Candygirl

• Rep: -4
« Reply #203 on: June 14, 2014, 02:19:28 PM »
Denny Renaud fell off a building (8th floor if I remember correct), both legs totally broken, survived and is able to skate again!

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2012/10/01/the-fall-and-rise-of-danny-renaud/

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #204 on: June 14, 2014, 02:27:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Chris Pontius sayin in his BB interview that Danny Way would go to the border and shoot the mexicans jumping over the fence. Said Danny would drive around too and grab holda a dude on a motorcycle then gun it and push the dude over.
[close]
I could see that. Or Danny Way in a helicopter shooting a border jumpers.
[close]

http://scienceversuslife.tumblr.com/post/87281426469/not-british-but-worth-seeing-chris-pontius-talks

good read! hes tight does party boy still skate?
[close]
[close]
That was a rad read. He was straight up calling out Danny Way. Wish more mags today were like Big Brother.

Dude, are you down? I'm down. I'm so happy we're all so fucking hard. Skateboarders are so hard, so fly, and so original. It seems as if the Individual is dying in the world of skateboarding, everyone's so busy being down and like each other, that they've engaged in a fudgepacking gangster extravaganza.

RollingThunder

• Rep: 24
« Reply #205 on: June 14, 2014, 05:38:15 PM »
I used to skate at the same skatepark Ben Gilley skated at back in 90s. One day we showed up to skate the 8ft half early one morning. In the side of the Ramo was a door with a sign on it that read "No skating before 9, Ben is asleep".

Thats dedication. Sleeping inside a half pipe in hot ass Alabama trying to make it in skateboarding.

I was always so syked that he went on to skate for Black Label.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #206 on: June 14, 2014, 06:36:42 PM »
Met TK once in like 2003 in like the first x games. It was when his compton ass terry fame was pretty wild, I randomly spotted him and asked if he would sign this big Vans sticker they were giving out. While he was doing it he was wearing some Nikes and asked "wait are you still on Vans?" and he replied " Yeah but i only wear em when i skate" then he handed me the sticker and left. I thought that was weird at the time and didn't know sponsored pros could do that. But then i remembered seeing Koston with his huge collection of Nikes while he was still on Es. Idk i just always found that weird, like your down for the company but not all of time.

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #207 on: June 14, 2014, 08:58:26 PM »
Met TK once in like 2003 in like the first x games. It was when his compton ass terry fame was pretty wild, I randomly spotted him and asked if he would sign this big Vans sticker they were giving out. While he was doing it he was wearing some Nikes and asked "wait are you still on Vans?" and he replied " Yeah but i only wear em when i skate" then he handed me the sticker and left. I thought that was weird at the time and didn't know sponsored pros could do that. But then i remembered seeing Koston with his huge collection of Nikes while he was still on Es. Idk i just always found that weird, like your down for the company but not all of time.

He was on some Steve Cab shit like in Public Domain.  "Steve how come you're not wearing skate shoes?"

Steve Cab- "Are we skating right now?  We're eating ok.... When we're skating I put my skate shoes on."
do more yoga!

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #208 on: June 15, 2014, 03:38:58 AM »

That really is the stuff of legend. I had always pondered if TK wore Nike to chill in.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #209 on: June 15, 2014, 05:11:28 PM »
Does anybody else remember Derek Gertz? He posted on skateperception from '04 until he passed away after hitting his head while skating a stair set alone. He was always robo-tripping and posting stories of his adventures. I consider this dude to be pretty legendary.

http://forums.skateperception.com/index.php?/topic/100238-the-derekg-story-thread/

Well that was the most interesting google search in some time. RIP.