Author Topic: Plan B TRUE Video Trailer 2014  (Read 43121 times)

Winking Starfish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
  • Big White Butt Crew Down To Clown
Re: Plan B TRUE Video Trailer 2014
« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2014, 10:32:46 AM »
pat's a terminator guys, i don't think you really get it!

pros have had questionable (pun intended) views since forever (jason jesse springs to mind. what about shortys' steve olson or danny way?)
legend status is legend status though. i hardly thinking duffy is converting anyone with his tweets but whatevs... the original debate was whether he deserved a part or not, and whether he has to rail chomp in order for us to be entertained.

I wouldn't look to many pros for deep intellectual enlightenment...

You're asking a guy with probably a junior high school level of education, who then went on to party for a living, about complex shit?

I'm sure a lot of them are street smart vis-?-vis the school of life, and are interesting creative thinkers, but critical-thinking is probably not their forte.

McGooch

« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2014, 11:25:41 AM »
No one on Plan B past, present, or future will ever have a part like Pat Duffy in "Questionable". He had the opener in the video and he shut it down. The rest of the video was just a bonus(Okay, I may be exaggerating a little). There were other videos released during that era that you guys should watch so that you may have a better perspective on how fucking gnarly Pat Duffy is.

My perception is that Pat Duffy skates what he wants and how he wants not what you think he should skate or how he should skate. Skateboarding today is just a bunch of circus acts. That's one of the problems with skating today and that's why it's so generic and boring.

The opinions/views of skateboarding on SLAP is very disturbing at times.

I think if skaters loosened their trucks and skated faster their true style would form and the skating would become more natural, fluid, and more enjoyable to watch but they don't and that's cool with me. I'm still able to appreciate their skating. 

Duffy today is generic and boring, his part in Be True will show you that.

But he chose to put himself out there as a climate change denier... which to me says he's a dumbass. To disregard all that science has tested and proven for us, just to say some loser's documentary with bogus information is TRUTH? Dudes living in a fantasy world.

Dudes milking it for what he did in questionable. (Which i know someones going to argue the "get it while you still can" arguement) but i find leaving the game, with pride, way more respectful.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2014, 12:20:56 PM »
Expand Quote
No one on Plan B past, present, or future will ever have a part like Pat Duffy in "Questionable". He had the opener in the video and he shut it down. The rest of the video was just a bonus(Okay, I may be exaggerating a little). There were other videos released during that era that you guys should watch so that you may have a better perspective on how fucking gnarly Pat Duffy is.

My perception is that Pat Duffy skates what he wants and how he wants not what you think he should skate or how he should skate. Skateboarding today is just a bunch of circus acts. That's one of the problems with skating today and that's why it's so generic and boring.

I think if skaters loosened their trucks and skated faster their true style would form and the skating would become more natural, fluid, and more enjoyable to watch but they don't and that's cool with me. I'm still able to appreciate their skating. 
[close]

But he chose to put himself out there as a climate change denier... which to me says he's a dumbass. To disregard all that science has tested and proven for us, just to say some loser's documentary with bogus information is TRUTH? Dudes living in a fantasy world.

Dudes milking it for what he did in questionable. (Which i know someones going to argue the "get it while you still can" arguement) but i find leaving the game, with pride, way more respectful.

^ I don't like you very much for some reason.

McGooch

« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2014, 12:49:36 PM »

I keep it too real. Sorry not sorry

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #154 on: July 13, 2014, 05:27:05 PM »
The video was delayed because Danny Way saw Bob Burnquist's mega part and knew he couldn't follow it up, so he demanded the company wait over a year later in hopes that people have forgotten.

never4get

I agree Danny delayed this shit.

esoesloco

• Rep: -5
« Reply #155 on: July 13, 2014, 06:18:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

people are so ridiculous with their religious "scientific" beliefs...Appealing to a false non-existent authority and twisting the word 'science' into an absolute term invoking it as some sort of deity and using loaded buzzwords like "denier" to discredit anyone who doesn't tow the political party line is classic propaganda technique.  People become PR relayers for a media agenda without even knowing it....you'd think a demographic like skateboarders (who used to be free thinking and rebellious individuals with their own personalities) would be more apt to use critical thinking and analysis and not just parrot the popular jargon of the day...but that just isn't so.

Good for Duffy for having the balls to actually have an opinion contrary to that of most of the lemmings in the US, it takes guts to think freely and even more hubris to put it out there as a public figure and deal with the ridicule.   If you knew the history of vaccinations and what is in these cocktails you might come to similar conclusions on the safety of vaccines- its not a theory that  live sv40 cancer virus was injected into millions of people through polio vaccines, and there are weighty allegations of sterilization of Kenyans through WHO sponsored tetanus vaccination programs.  The same organizations funding vaccination "philanthropy" have a great interest in sterilization programs as well- over 400,000 Colombian women sterilized in the 1960's thanks to the Rockefeller foundations generosity...Duffy is a legend, and is a better skater than anyone who talks shit on this forum will ever be - if you disagree with his opinions then don;t read his shit - it's really sad that opinions and thoughts are now considered "dangerous"... it's truly Orwellian and absolutely pathetic how streamlined and herd-like people's critical thinking has become.  I look forward to Duffy's part, and appreciate anyone with the balls to think for themselves and put an unpopular opinion out there.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 07:57:51 PM by esoesloco »

ungzilla

« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2014, 08:01:03 PM »
retweeting things u read on infowars doesn't make you brave it makes you fucking stupid

esoesloco

« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2014, 08:12:17 PM »
retweeting things u read on infowars doesn't make you brave it makes you fucking stupid

I havnt seen his tweets, but him retweeting stuff from some website is no more "fucking stupid" than repeating PR talking points spouted on CNN or Fox News....anyways that was a highly intelligent and insightful post, ungzilla...I'm sure you will continue to use that sharp intellect to make the world a more awesome place.  Keep fighting the good fight against people who have opinions different from those which you parrot...after all, we all know that people who think differently about the world are highly dangerous and should be silenced with childish insults and internet board criticism

ungzilla

« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2014, 08:13:38 PM »
ok

McGooch

« Reply #159 on: July 13, 2014, 09:06:43 PM »
Ok so esoesloco is a conspiracy theorist, good for you. Are you also a 40 year old man who wears his new era backwards?

esoesloco

« Reply #160 on: July 13, 2014, 10:17:30 PM »
Ok so esoesloco is a conspiracy theorist, good for you. Are you also a 40 year old man who wears his new era backwards?

excuse me for being influenced by the greatest rock-rapper of all time!  If it weren't for Limp Bizkit you wouldn't have HALF the music that is around today!  If wearing a red backwards fitted hat, having a long distance internet relationship with the love of your life, and living in your parents' baller ass guesthouse makes you uncool then I guess I'm just not hip with all the new skool sk8er boys on the block!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:19:31 PM by esoesloco »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2014, 12:04:29 AM »
Yeah, fuck Pat Duffy, he's only been pro for like 23 years and he's already starting to skate like he's not a teenager anymore!
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 910
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2014, 03:21:39 PM »
Coming out 12/2/14?

(idk how to post insta pics on here)

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 549
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2014, 03:24:52 PM »
Coming out 12/2/14?

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #164 on: October 14, 2014, 03:38:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

excuse me for being influenced by the greatest rock-rapper of all time!  If it weren't for Limp Bizkit you wouldn't have HALF the music that is around today!  If wearing a red backwards fitted hat, having a long distance internet relationship with the love of your life, and living in your parents' baller ass guesthouse makes you uncool then I guess I'm just not hip with all the new skool sk8er boys on the block!

no sure if serious

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #165 on: October 15, 2014, 01:41:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

excuse me for being influenced by the greatest rock-rapper of all time!?  If it weren't for Limp Bizkit you wouldn't have HALF the music that is around today!?  If wearing a red backwards fitted hat, having a long distance internet relationship with the love of your life, and living in your parents' baller ass guesthouse makes you uncool then I guess I'm just not hip with all the new skool sk8er boys on the block!
[close]

no sure if serious

im pretyt sure its sarcasm but i seriously hope it isnt. keep numetal alive holmes

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2014, 04:41:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Coming out 12/2/14?

[close]

We will see about that.

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

logan chase

« Reply #167 on: October 15, 2014, 05:25:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

people are so ridiculous with their religious "scientific" beliefs...Appealing to a false non-existent authority and twisting the word 'science' into an absolute term invoking it as some sort of deity and using loaded buzzwords like "denier" to discredit anyone who doesn't tow the political party line is classic propaganda technique.  People become PR relayers for a media agenda without even knowing it....you'd think a demographic like skateboarders (who used to be free thinking and rebellious individuals with their own personalities) would be more apt to use critical thinking and analysis and not just parrot the popular jargon of the day...but that just isn't so.

Good for Duffy for having the balls to actually have an opinion contrary to that of most of the lemmings in the US, it takes guts to think freely and even more hubris to put it out there as a public figure and deal with the ridicule.   If you knew the history of vaccinations and what is in these cocktails you might come to similar conclusions on the safety of vaccines- its not a theory that  live sv40 cancer virus was injected into millions of people through polio vaccines, and there are weighty allegations of sterilization of Kenyans through WHO sponsored tetanus vaccination programs.  The same organizations funding vaccination "philanthropy" have a great interest in sterilization programs as well- over 400,000 Colombian women sterilized in the 1960's thanks to the Rockefeller foundations generosity...Duffy is a legend, and is a better skater than anyone who talks shit on this forum will ever be - if you disagree with his opinions then don;t read his shit - it's really sad that opinions and thoughts are now considered "dangerous"... it's truly Orwellian and absolutely pathetic how streamlined and herd-like people's critical thinking has become.  I look forward to Duffy's part, and appreciate anyone with the balls to think for themselves and put an unpopular opinion out there.

The second paragraph was a little nonsensical, I couldn't really follow the whole vaccination thing.

But the first part was pretty dead on, I think what you're getting at is the whole abusive analogy thing which has
become so popular in modern day nationalism. Like when you mentioned how 'deniers' are automatically discredited
from not being tow with popular opinion, this is due to the people who oppose popular opinion being made
analogous to people who are delusional or radical.

It's pretty simple, pick the poster boy for unfavourable opinion, make him out to be a fraud and then compare anyone
who comes close in opinion to him.

And yes people who are very conscientious of being normal and liked often do become relayers for mass opinion.
This can happen as external validation (judgement of a person's worth by others) becomes more effective
when it occurs in a larger group, by say joining the largest common denominator or in this case the largest opinion. 

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #168 on: October 16, 2014, 12:50:50 AM »
whoa, check out the big brains on Brad

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2014, 09:17:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Coming out 12/2/14?

[close]

[close]

We will see about that.

Wasnt it originally going to come out on november per Torey? here we go again...........

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #170 on: October 18, 2014, 09:21:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Coming out 12/2/14?

[close]

[close]

We will see about that.
[close]

Wasnt it originally going to come out on november per Torey? here we go again...........

It was the end of november, for all we know this is the online date and its still premiering in november.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2014, 12:06:26 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

straight

« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2014, 12:34:11 PM »
Anyone wanna make a bet that we won't see a bs flip down el toro? I would love to see it but I think it's still a myth

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #173 on: November 06, 2014, 12:46:43 PM »
I'd say this will sell pretty fucking well.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

karnec

• Rep: -2
« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2014, 01:06:54 PM »
whoever goes to the premiere, PLEASE make a spoilers thread

063 FLIP

• Rep: -26
« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2014, 01:10:04 PM »
I'd say this will sell pretty fucking well.

I can't even remember the last time I bought a video but I'll probably buy this. I'm pretty sure it will be worth it

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2014, 02:21:08 PM »
They better ship them hard copies to Europe asap!

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

marbrosmoke

• Rep: -8
« Reply #177 on: November 06, 2014, 02:24:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I keep it too real regular. Sorry not sorry

No son, sorry, you keep it straight stupid kid. You have no idea or respect for the term Legend. Also I have personally seen Duffy kill it recently. There is a reason Danny Way keeps him pro for Plan B.

backagain

• Rep: 8
« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2014, 08:01:30 PM »
I wonder if that insane Shecks part that came out a couple years ago will be in the bonus section? There were a couple good threads on here about it. Seeing the backside flip down El Toro was insane. Anybody got a link?

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #179 on: November 06, 2014, 08:40:45 PM »
Can I just say that I'm kinda glad that P. Rod won't be in it?