Author Topic: Extinct tricks  (Read 8978 times)

QUIT SINNIN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
Re: Extinct tricks
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2014, 10:34:43 PM »
staple gun

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2014, 06:35:17 AM »
eight rubber bands 'round yer bearings and pressure flip your way to 'eaven

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2014, 07:03:44 AM »
The even stranger Neil Blender trick is the rocking horse....nose pick to tail pick....or tail pick to nose pick.....

The backside shifty is not a common one....

Love that trick, only Neil can make it look cool.  That dude's selection is the Holy Grail of extinct tricks.

Also, a Losi grind is what Riley Hawk has been doing a lot.  The "alley-oop hurricane" (alleyoop 180 to switch feeble?) trick someone was talking about, I've always wondered what people call it.  In some video the Gonz does on frontside on a ramp so I always called it a Gonz grind.  Rick Ibaseta does one @0:12 in this, the same part where he also does the first "Barley grind".  Maybe that other one should be an Ibaseta grind?

I feel like someone must have been doing "Bennett" grinds long before.  BUT in that new Thrasher, Matt Bennett approaches a rail backside, backside 180s, and over-turns it into a switch backside feeble.  Some shit I've never seen, and the caption calls for Bennett to name it.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Faggot McRetard

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2014, 09:58:39 AM »
Z-Roller Grinds.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -608
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2014, 11:24:21 AM »
fakie bigflips?

I do that trick in games of SKATE, no one has that one. that and fakie varial flips. Those are guaranteed letters. Sometimes people fuck up on a simple pop shove because no one does that trick. it is extinct.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Tortuga

• Rep: -4
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2014, 07:21:45 PM »

BUT in that new Thrasher, Matt Bennett approaches a rail backside, backside 180s, and over-turns it into a switch backside feeble.  Some shit I've never seen, and the caption calls for Bennett to name it.

WHAT! So a backside alley oop to switch front smith? Right? Please post that sequence if you can!

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1010
  • the moon rules
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2014, 07:30:52 PM »
Expand Quote
The even stranger Neil Blender trick is the rocking horse....nose pick to tail pick....or tail pick to nose pick.....

[close]

Love that trick, only Neil can make it look cool.  That dude's selection is the Holy Grail of extinct tricks.

Also, a Losi grind is what Riley Hawk has been doing a lot.  The "alley-oop hurricane" (alleyoop 180 to switch feeble?) trick someone was talking about, I've always wondered what people call it.  In some video the Gonz does on frontside on a ramp so I always called it a Gonz grind.  Rick Ibaseta does one @0:12 in this, the same part where he also does the first "Barley grind".  Maybe that other one should be an Ibaseta grind?

I feel like someone must have been doing "Bennett" grinds long before.  BUT in that new Thrasher, Matt Bennett approaches a rail backside, backside 180s, and over-turns it into a switch backside feeble.  Some shit I've never seen, and the caption calls for Bennett to name it.

i swear i remember seeing a photo of darrell stanton doing a bennet grind in thrasher a couple months before matt bennett started showing up in mags doing them. i think they were calling it a frontside barley grind. i'm not 100% sure though. this would've had to be in 2003-2004 so it's a little hard to remember. i'm probably wrong though
fuck you bama

landCow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2014, 09:41:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Casperslide.  
[close]

The Casper flip is a #rare beast to see in the wild.

I don't know, there's always one park kid who has a thing for casper flips. At my local there's this kid who's "claim to faim" is fly out casper flips.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:51:24 PM by landCow »

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2014, 11:25:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Love that trick, only Neil can make it look cool.  That dude's selection is the Holy Grail of extinct tricks.

Also, a Losi grind is what Riley Hawk has been doing a lot.  The "alley-oop hurricane" (alleyoop 180 to switch feeble?) trick someone was talking about, I've always wondered what people call it.  In some video the Gonz does on frontside on a ramp so I always called it a Gonz grind.  Rick Ibaseta does one @0:12 in this, the same part where he also does the first "Barley grind".  Maybe that other one should be an Ibaseta grind?

I feel like someone must have been doing "Bennett" grinds long before.  BUT in that new Thrasher, Matt Bennett approaches a rail backside, backside 180s, and over-turns it into a switch backside feeble.  Some shit I've never seen, and the caption calls for Bennett to name it.

[close]
i swear i remember seeing a photo of darrell stanton doing a bennet grind in thrasher a couple months before matt bennett started showing up in mags doing them. i think they were calling it a frontside barley grind. i'm not 100% sure though. this would've had to be in 2003-2004 so it's a little hard to remember. i'm probably wrong though

I remember a long time ago, Darrell went to Atlanta and my friends showed him around. I think it might have been the trip where Real but Brock on. Anyway, I guess while he was there, he was talking shit about that trick and how lame it is to have a trick named after you, and how it was the only trick Matt Bennett ever did. That's paraphrasing, but it was along those lines. It just stuck out to me because in the Trasher Real article about the trip, literally the only two tricks he had in the magazine were both Bennett grinds.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 11:27:21 PM by via »

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2014, 08:22:16 AM »
Expand Quote

BUT in that new Thrasher, Matt Bennett approaches a rail backside, backside 180s, and over-turns it into a switch backside feeble.  Some shit I've never seen, and the caption calls for Bennett to name it.

[close]

WHAT! So a backside alley oop to switch front smith? Right? Please post that sequence if you can!

Ok wait I fucked that up in the initial post.  He approaches FRONTSIDE, backside 180 overturn to switch b/s feeble. 

MY BAD
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1610
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2014, 08:29:32 AM »
Alley oop losi? 

people need to say alley oop more often it makes describing tricks easier....

GerryMane

• Rep: -2
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2014, 09:12:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Ok wait I fucked that up in the initial post.  He approaches FRONTSIDE, backside 180 overturn to switch b/s feeble. 

MY BAD

he does one here

had to rewind the first time i saw this on the brainwash dvd

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1010
  • the moon rules
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2014, 02:33:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Love that trick, only Neil can make it look cool.  That dude's selection is the Holy Grail of extinct tricks.

Also, a Losi grind is what Riley Hawk has been doing a lot.  The "alley-oop hurricane" (alleyoop 180 to switch feeble?) trick someone was talking about, I've always wondered what people call it.  In some video the Gonz does on frontside on a ramp so I always called it a Gonz grind.  Rick Ibaseta does one @0:12 in this, the same part where he also does the first "Barley grind".  Maybe that other one should be an Ibaseta grind?

I feel like someone must have been doing "Bennett" grinds long before.  BUT in that new Thrasher, Matt Bennett approaches a rail backside, backside 180s, and over-turns it into a switch backside feeble.  Some shit I've never seen, and the caption calls for Bennett to name it.

[close]
[close]

I remember a long time ago, Darrell went to Atlanta and my friends showed him around. I think it might have been the trip where Real but Brock on. Anyway, I guess while he was there, he was talking shit about that trick and how lame it is to have a trick named after you, and how it was the only trick Matt Bennett ever did. That's paraphrasing, but it was along those lines. It just stuck out to me because in the Trasher Real article about the trip, literally the only two tricks he had in the magazine were both Bennett grinds.
my time frame seems about right. maybe bennett was doing them first. talk about irony for darrell
fuck you bama

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2014, 07:32:21 AM »
I can't remember the last time I saw a straight heelflip over something impressive, it's always fucking switch.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2014, 07:34:34 AM »
Expand Quote
fakie bigflips?
[close]

I do that trick in games of SKATE, no one has that one. that and fakie varial flips. Those are guaranteed letters. Sometimes people fuck up on a simple pop shove because no one does that trick. it is extinct.

Fakie 3 shuv also gets alot of people for some reason

Prince Nelson

« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2014, 08:20:42 AM »
I don't think I've seen a switch backside shifty since This Is Skateboarding.

Tortuga

« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2014, 08:50:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

MY BAD

Ahhh got it haha. Guy did that trick on a handrail in Pretty Sweet.

seriously dude

• Rep: 19
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2014, 08:58:07 AM »
Nollie back tail. Anthony Correa was the best.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -468
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2014, 01:48:00 PM »
does anybody fakie ollie things anymore?

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2014, 05:01:29 PM »

I think it's just me and Kanten.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2014, 06:09:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

JJ off those stairs onto that block in the new Static.

ekayallday

• Rep: -6
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2014, 07:06:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

JJ off those stairs onto that block in the new Static.

Reynolds in the Chicken Bone Video
2:47

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2014, 08:11:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

MY BAD
[close]

Matt Bennett did it back to regular though, like a full 360.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Tortuga

« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2014, 09:02:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

MY BAD
[close]

[close]

Oh wow. Supposedly it's called a novacane grind.

Durndle

• Rep: 7
  • Denton. Gateway to Durndle
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2014, 09:09:52 PM »
nollie smiths and pop shuv it lipslides thank god.
for awhile you would see nollie pop shoves down shit or over rails and I always thought it looked super rad
shane does a mean one

1:44
speaking of which does anybody have a copy of that video Just Chill. used to be online can't find it though

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1610
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2014, 09:10:45 PM »
Im not 100% sure but I think the losi is fs Ollie to switch feeb....I think the nova is a lazy nose grind...

Hazards and bone ups are rarely done these days.....

If this was say....95 it'd be a lot more interesting.....

shark tits

« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2014, 09:20:20 PM »
you're dyslexic j.soy. a losi is a lipslide nosegrind or 'lazy nosegrind'.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2014, 09:54:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

MY BAD
[close]

[close]
[close]

I think a novacane is the trick Gonz and Cole have done - approaching rail frontside, front 180 into switch b/s feeble.  What Bennett has been doing is different.  BUT here is something funny: in an old Thrasher, Sieben wrote about the trick that Bennett is doing (approach frontside, back 180 to switch back feeble) a few years ago and called it a "Sieben grind."  He first talked about it as "approach rail backside front 180 to switch front feeble," but he talked about all of the potential variations on it.  And then the next month, Chris Haslam did one switch down a rail for an ad.  None of the editors seem to remember this, which is funny since Sieben is an editor at Thrasher, so you would think he would speak up whenever people are confused by the trick.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2014, 12:20:25 AM »
Pop shuvits men, especially on tranny. So difficult you aren't sure if you're going to land it, and when you do you have no plan for the next wall. Haven;t seen a good pop shuvit since Gailea Momolu circa 10 years ago

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2014, 04:08:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

MY BAD
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I think a novacane is the trick Gonz and Cole have done - approaching rail frontside, front 180 into switch b/s feeble.  What Bennett has been doing is different.  BUT here is something funny: in an old Thrasher, Sieben wrote about the trick that Bennett is doing (approach frontside, back 180 to switch back feeble) a few years ago and called it a "Sieben grind."  He first talked about it as "approach rail backside front 180 to switch front feeble," but he talked about all of the potential variations on it.  And then the next month, Chris Haslam did one switch down a rail for an ad.  None of the editors seem to remember this, which is funny since Sieben is an editor at Thrasher, so you would think he would speak up whenever people are confused by the trick.
Gonz does one in Video Days and he called it a Grapefruit Grind. PLG does them on vert too.