Author Topic: Lakai Griffin with FP insoles?  (Read 1479 times)

Candygirl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Lakai Griffin with FP insoles?
« on: October 07, 2014, 08:45:45 AM »
Dear SLAP,
I want to try the lakai griffin as my next shoe to skate.
From reviews I have gathered the information of a non-removable insole / midsole.
While a friend of mine has a pretty new model with a removable thick insole, which easily could be exchanged with a foot print insole.

Since I am using foot print in all my shoes, I would like to hear if Lakai changed anything with the Griffin.

- Are there "old" Griffins with a non-removable in/mid sole?
- Are there "new" Griffins with a removable insolde? If yes, on which colorways did they start to do so?

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Lakai Griffin with FP insoles?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 03:44:58 PM »
The griffin has a thicker midsole, or had, it's not that thick anymore, and a thin flat eva insole which is glued in, but easy to rip out. I pretty much only skate shoes with that outsole, vincents/new mj/fura, and the griffin is my go to shoe, and I usually skate them with the 7 mm flat kingfoam ones becuase it makes the shoe fit super snug, but the orthotics work good as well.

Candygirl

• Rep: -4
Re: Lakai Griffin with FP insoles?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 01:51:19 AM »
The griffin has a thicker midsole, or had, it's not that thick anymore, and a thin flat eva insole which is glued in, but easy to rip out. I pretty much only skate shoes with that outsole, vincents/new mj/fura, and the griffin is my go to shoe, and I usually skate them with the 7 mm flat kingfoam ones becuase it makes the shoe fit super snug, but the orthotics work good as well.

Yesss. Thanks for the answer. So, the Griffin it is.
And your not too high in the shoe with the soles?