Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 778303 times)

commander jameson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #6450 on: May 10, 2023, 01:27:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I skate a super smooth skate park mostly, but sometimes I skate rough street spots.

Are the dragons good for extreme smooth parks too?
How do they slide compared to f4‘s?

Should I stick to f4s and really only use dragons for when I skate street?
[close]

Yes to the last sentence
[close]

Why? Cause f4s slide better?

Dragon feel slowish on smooth surfaces. I would use Dragons for rough streets only.

logjammin

• Rep: 312
« Reply #6451 on: May 10, 2023, 02:27:33 AM »
Expand Quote
https://dogtownskateboards.com/collections/wheels/products/k-9-80s-wheels-60mm-x-92a-white?variant=43346481316077

I’ve skated these dogtowns for a week and these are seriously the best wheels ever, highly recommend them. 92a seems too soft, I know what you’re thinking, but these actually screech plenty loud and are not mushy whatsoever. They do seem harder than 92a, honestly. No slipouts whatsoever yet they break into a slide easily when you want them to. I’ve also been having an issue with bearing slippage in all kinds of wheels lately and FINALLY it stopped with these so that’s another reason why I like them. If you don’t want big 60mm, they offer the same duro in a classic round shape in smaller sizes.
[close]

interesting, anyone know who's pouring them?

Creative urethane

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #6452 on: May 10, 2023, 06:22:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I skate a super smooth skate park mostly, but sometimes I skate rough street spots.

Are the dragons good for extreme smooth parks too?
How do they slide compared to f4‘s?

Should I stick to f4s and really only use dragons for when I skate street?
[close]

Yes to the last sentence
[close]

Why? Cause f4s slide better?

The Bones are soft, they are not made for smooth parks. They slide great on rough surfaces, but they grip pretty good on skatepark-smooth stuff. Not recommended for that.

But if you are in an old, weathered park or on some rough ground, they fucking excel. I like like them much more than my 97a Spits.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #6453 on: May 10, 2023, 03:25:18 PM »
Felt like changing something so I got some cherries 99 56mm classic shape.

F4s are pretty much the feeling of skateboarding to me, but these feel great enough to skate them down and get my moneys worth. Nice creamy color, feel softer than 99 f4s but they slide without too much effort.  not sure who pours them says made in USA

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #6454 on: May 10, 2023, 05:03:33 PM »

F4s are pretty much the feeling of skateboarding to me, but these feel great enough to skate them down and get my moneys worth. Nice creamy color, feel softer than 99 f4s but they slide without too much effort.  not sure who pours them says made in USA

Man I really want to try some cherries. I’m curious but most seem to be 101 but I was curious about the slide on the 99 they have. I thought I read they was poured in TX. I could be wrong.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
« Reply #6455 on: May 10, 2023, 05:13:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://dogtownskateboards.com/collections/wheels/products/k-9-80s-wheels-60mm-x-92a-white?variant=43346481316077

I’ve skated these dogtowns for a week and these are seriously the best wheels ever, highly recommend them. 92a seems too soft, I know what you’re thinking, but these actually screech plenty loud and are not mushy whatsoever. They do seem harder than 92a, honestly. No slipouts whatsoever yet they break into a slide easily when you want them to. I’ve also been having an issue with bearing slippage in all kinds of wheels lately and FINALLY it stopped with these so that’s another reason why I like them. If you don’t want big 60mm, they offer the same duro in a classic round shape in smaller sizes.
[close]

interesting, anyone know who's pouring them?
[close]

Creative urethane

kind of expected that, ty

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #6456 on: May 10, 2023, 08:34:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Man I really want to try some cherries. I’m curious but most seem to be 101 but I was curious about the slide on the 99 they have. I thought I read they was poured in TX. I could be wrong.

Poured out of aend industries in hutto Texas, I have nothing nice to say about Aend so I’ll keep quiet, cherries is cool cause of what they do for the scene here in ATX, they are always putting on contests and pouring diy spots around town, hook a couple local bros, so I give them props for that, I don’t back the product though, apparently they make wheels for autobahn, snot, hazard, and the sml formula a lot of people like, all personal preference
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6457 on: May 10, 2023, 09:09:03 PM »
Hoping these work out well, especially for the price

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6458 on: May 11, 2023, 07:58:22 AM »
Hoping these work out well, especially for the price

their marketing department should pay you for that pic

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #6459 on: May 14, 2023, 03:46:39 PM »
Has anyone tried Ouro Wheels yet?

I’ve been curious about them for a while. They also just started making bushings and they do custom colors for both wheels and bushings.

I liked NFG but they’re not around anymore so I want to find another small operation to support.

Might just pull the trigger on some bushings and wheels.

It’s @skatewheel_maker on IG.

https://www.ouroskateboardwheels.com/products

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6460 on: May 14, 2023, 06:02:40 PM »

I’ve been curious about them for a while. They also just started making bushings and they do custom colors for both wheels and bushings.

I liked NFG but they’re not around anymore so I want to find another small operation to support.

I saw a few posts from them the other day - look really good, especially the option for softer wheels that skate more like normal wheels.

As I am down under in AU, it is more just something to look at and think about, but anyone in USA should be able to get a set or three and give them a good go for sure.

It was the matching wheels to bushings post I saw that made me think about them again and send to some others I know who are a bit colour obsessed.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #6461 on: May 14, 2023, 08:12:48 PM »
That last pic of that Ouro wheel looks very NFG-ish 🤔

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6462 on: May 15, 2023, 10:40:02 AM »
just noticed those 99a one's posted are technically from a diff manufacturer. mentioned in the insta post, but looks like the money is going to go toward getting the process moved in house for the harder wheels
https://www.instagram.com/p/CsPJG0zptJj/

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 299
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #6463 on: May 15, 2023, 11:40:50 AM »

Never heard of em but they look nice, I'll give em a shot.

Natural urethane has that potato color to it, it just means they aren't using any dye for that formula

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #6464 on: May 15, 2023, 11:50:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Never heard of em but they look nice, I'll give em a shot.

Expand Quote
[close]

Natural urethane has that potato color to it, it just means they aren't using any dye for that formula

He did this one wheel that was half translucent, has solid. It was pretty damn sick.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #6465 on: May 15, 2023, 01:02:29 PM »

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6466 on: May 15, 2023, 01:03:47 PM »
I rode quite a few sets of Prizefighter Cutlery Wheels in 2011. Those were so good.

2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #6467 on: May 15, 2023, 02:18:06 PM »
Y'all glossing over these:
https://www.ouroskateboardwheels.com/product/white-caramel-wheels-8mm

Gonna need some much much bigger pants if I’m rocking 8mm wheels.  8)

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6468 on: May 15, 2023, 06:18:45 PM »
Those dueling dragons look nice. Also looks like a classic with a wider contact patch. I just wish they was 54mm. I wonder if he could make them larger in that shape.

Also for all the people that want green venture bushings this may be the ticket for the green bushings.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6469 on: May 17, 2023, 09:13:18 PM »
Jaws been riding them dragons/x97s for 10yrs....dayum

https://www.skateboarding.com/trending-news/aaron-jaws-homoki-has-been-doing-those-huge-ollies?fbclid=IwAR3-jNuJThgGAq56WidXCJC4thb7MnMUtMKrDRrCDUPJTQ7HJnnTgZyWRIY

Also, another official ’coming soon’ from bones about the x99a in the insta thread
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 09:25:32 PM by Xen »

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #6470 on: May 18, 2023, 02:23:11 AM »
Y'all glossing over these:
https://www.ouroskateboardwheels.com/product/white-caramel-wheels-8mm

Lol some BMXer came up to me at the park a few months ago and had that whole Caramel setup... I've posted about that a few times though.

So as to not spam this thread I did set up some new wheels today. 54 mm SML Mike Arnold Big Wave Vcut conical. I like them a lot better than my 56 f4 conical fulls actually. They feel very similar but just different and smaller enough to make a difference and clean up a lot of my flat ground tricks.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6471 on: May 18, 2023, 02:27:46 AM »

Lol some BMXer came up to me at the park a few months ago and had that whole Caramel setup... I've posted about that a few times though.

So as to not spam this thread I did set up some new wheels today. 54 mm SML Mike Arnold Big Wave Vcut conical. I like them a lot better than my 56 f4 conical fulls actually. They feel very similar but just different and smaller enough to make a difference and clean up a lot of my flat ground tricks.

Good to see you post my dude @Steely Daniel .

Been riding the 53mm AG Formula Classics for a few months and I've got zero complaints, no coning but they've started to widen out with wear. Got a load of them on clearance so I'm stocked for the next few years, and they make great presents for homies birthdays.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

cliff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
    • Sml. Wheels avatar image
« Reply #6472 on: May 18, 2023, 09:29:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Good to see you post my dude @Steely Daniel .

Been riding the 53mm AG Formula Classics for a few months and I've got zero complaints, no coning but they've started to widen out with wear. Got a load of them on clearance so I'm stocked for the next few years, and they make great presents for homies birthdays.

Really appreciate you guys supporting Sml.!! Glad to hear the feedback from the uber product people of SLAP. Been a rough year and a half but we're still small enough (pun intended) to navigate the slow down.

roll_dog

« Reply #6473 on: May 18, 2023, 11:12:00 AM »

https://www.skateboarding.com/trending-news/aaron-jaws-homoki-has-been-doing-those-huge-ollies?fbclid=IwAR3-jNuJThgGAq56WidXCJC4thb7MnMUtMKrDRrCDUPJTQ7HJnnTgZyWRIY

Also, another official ’coming soon’ from bones about the x99a in the insta thread

Makes me wonder if they are axing 99a STFs. I'm still salty about how much worse the "dirty birds" were than the bleached white ones. No idea why they made that move

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6474 on: May 18, 2023, 11:24:28 AM »
Just saw bones post about the x99s in a v6 shape. That v6 looks line a wider v5. Less like a conical and more like a classic. So it sounds awesome. I just hope the x99s slide as good as spits but don’t feel icy and I’ll be sold.

Unpopular opinion. Bones has better shapes than spits. But spits urethane is better.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6475 on: May 18, 2023, 12:18:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Makes me wonder if they are axing 99a STFs. I'm still salty about how much worse the "dirty birds" were than the bleached white ones. No idea why they made that move

Fear of continued dwindling marketshare to spit is the only reason I could see...color aside, those bleached white Easy Street wheels were soooooo good, so much better than the current 99a stfs formula.

The advent of Dirty birds changes the entirely of the bones line (except spfs for some reason).

If those easy streets were still made it's all I'd ride (currently running x97)

https://www.skatedeluxe.com/blog/en/bones-wheels-easy-streets-skate-test-review/

PP marketing is garbage these days, catering only to old heads....the new blood team...well we all know that roster to some extent but they're just not heavy hitters like bigger teams with bigger pros (I think Alves is underrated)....They've got Dan and Andy right....RIGHT?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 12:33:59 PM by Xen »

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6476 on: May 18, 2023, 12:51:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
PP marketing is garbage these days, catering only to old heads....the new blood team...well we all know that roster to some extent but they're just not heavy hitters like bigger teams with bigger pros (I think Alves is underrated)....They've got Dan and Andy right....RIGHT?
[close]

agreeing with this & from my perspective spitfire's marketing feels like they are selling you a tool/part vs PP's feels like they are selling you a lifestyle, which is fine but not my thing

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6477 on: May 18, 2023, 02:19:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Expand Quote

agreeing with this & from my perspective spitfire's marketing feels like they are selling you a tool/part vs PP's feels like they are selling you a lifestyle, which is fine but not my thing
[close]
[close]

Imagine having Dan Corg as a 'face' of your company via social media....compare that to say Asta and SC....
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 02:36:13 PM by Xen »

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6478 on: May 18, 2023, 03:11:07 PM »
Is Paul blart and bones saying Reynolds buys bones?

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 299
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #6479 on: May 18, 2023, 03:23:16 PM »
Is Paul blart and bones saying Reynolds buys bones?

Drew is a known tinkerer and experimenter with product so I would not be surprised if he does buy Bones wheels but that is super duper uncool for Bones to put him on blast on their IG like that unless he's already left Spitfire or they aren't referring to Drew

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?