Author Topic: Wes Kremer & Tyler Surrey's "Pack of Hydes" teaser & part  (Read 17334 times)

stephop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
Re: Wes Kremer & Tyler Surrey's "Pack of Hydes" teaser
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2014, 10:47:52 AM »
Expand Quote
The one over the gap is it board back 180, body back 360? So weird.
[close]

lotti spin. give them a try, they are fun (not so much over street gaps probably)

Indeed it was..Lotti BS 360 because it's dope as fuck too

Bagger Vance

• Rep: -10
  • Think I give a fuck bout sparkles?
Re: Wes Kremer & Tyler Surrey's "Pack of Hydes" teaser & part
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2014, 11:42:30 AM »
Wes looks too good on a board. At this point I don't see any real competition for soty

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2014, 11:47:03 AM »
wow, wes kremer might be the best dude out right now.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2014, 12:00:50 PM »
Wes the Destroyer.

I don't usually talk about SOTY, but it's funny dudes trying to put out one big part at the end of the year to try to push for the trophy.  While they've been sitting on footage forever, Wes puts out  multiple parts, crushes in all of them, to where now, no matter how good any of those dudes parts are, Wes is already light years ahead of them.

Anyone but Wes wins it, and it once and for all de-ligetimizes the award. It's never been so clear who should win SOTY.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 01:18:40 PM by via »

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2014, 12:48:37 PM »
I thought that trick was called a spin-out

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2014, 12:52:21 PM »
if wes is not soty i'm going to kill everyone

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2014, 01:25:51 PM »
I thought that trick was called a spin-out

I vaguely remember hearing that that is what Lotti called them because he felt weird naming a trick after himself.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2014, 01:41:04 PM »
I think Wes will get SOTY this year, and Corey will get it next year when his Nike Chronicles part comes out.
I think that RED video that Feds did is a Corey part and he's releasing it on thanksgiving as a part of a push to get Cory SOTY. If you follow Feds on instagram theres a bunch o refrences to getting it for Cory, i could see that dude having multiple parts stacked and them being dropped all in the coming months.

KP

• Rep: 16
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2014, 02:16:11 PM »
Heavy part from the two but damn, Wes  :o   

moeron

• Rep: -27
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2014, 02:19:49 PM »
OK.� I'll buy into the Wes for SOTY hype now.� He's on fire this year.� That being said, I still think Torey might get it depending on how his TRUE part is.

Anyone know who's pressing the SK8MAFIA boards these days?� I know they switched distributors

The whacky inflatable tube man aka Torey Pudwill should not get SOTY over Wes. As soon as Torey said in that one interview he was deliberately trying to "win" SOTY, he instantly lost in my book. Wes is naturally killing it probably without even having SOTY as a thought in his head. Torey is on some contest shit.

I've always thought the internet made SOTY lame by turning it into a contest rather than a natural award, but between Ishod and assumably Wes, I'm glad dudes that aren't viewing this as a contest are getting the award again.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2014, 02:33:28 PM »
wes said the n word

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2014, 03:04:02 PM »
no three 6 in the actual part =  >:(

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2014, 03:47:49 PM »
Wes should win SOTY solely because his SOTY tour will surely produce more amazing Wes footage and photos, and he deserves that party-tour and we deserve to see the results!
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2014, 03:55:45 PM »
I don't normally go in for SOTY talk but who's gone as hard as Wes this year? The dude just gets better and better. That part was fucked! Pole jam late shuv street gap? Ridiculous.

Bobby
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2014, 04:09:31 PM »
Its like Wes doesnt even have a trick selection, he just does things. I just want Wes and Bobby to both get SOTY.

im probably lying

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2014, 04:18:34 PM »
Wes should get it, him and corey are on another level right now. Same could of been said about Suciu and Ishod last year. If he doesn't get it and some dlx rider gets it it will for sure look shady.

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 78
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2014, 04:22:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The one over the gap is it board back 180, body back 360? So weird.
[close]

lotti spin. give them a try, they are fun (not so much over street gaps probably)
[close]

Indeed it was..Lotti BS 360 because it's dope as fuck too

Pretty hard to tell, but it looks like a little spin to me. (pop-shove 360bv)

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2014, 04:22:45 PM »
Expand Quote
OK.� I'll buy into the Wes for SOTY hype now.� He's on fire this year.� That being said, I still think Torey might get it depending on how his TRUE part is.

Anyone know who's pressing the SK8MAFIA boards these days?� I know they switched distributors
[close]

The whacky inflatable tube man aka Torey Pudwill should not get SOTY over Wes. As soon as Torey said in that one interview he was deliberately trying to "win" SOTY, he instantly lost in my book. Wes is naturally killing it probably without even having SOTY as a thought in his head. Torey is on some contest shit.

I've always thought the internet made SOTY lame by turning it into a contest rather than a natural award, but between Ishod and assumably Wes, I'm glad dudes that aren't viewing this as a contest are getting the award again.

i think it's a bit naive to believe anyone who is a contender for soty doesn't put any effort toward getting it.

side note: wasn't wes' trick on clipper the same trick as his ender in another part he had but on a different hubba?

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2014, 04:58:50 PM »
Wes should get it, him and corey are on another level right now. Same could of been said about Suciu and Ishod last year. If he doesn't get it and some dlx rider gets it it will for sure look shady.

alex midler soty '14

moeron

« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2014, 05:04:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i think it's a bit naive to believe anyone who is a contender for soty doesn't put any effort toward getting it.

side note: wasn't wes' trick on clipper the same trick as his ender in another part he had but on a different hubba?

I'm saying back in the day you weren't in the running for SOTY, it was by no means a contest. You think Salman Agah and those dudes were trying to "win" SOTY. It was more natural before the internet took SOTY over. It's kind of lame now.

Wes and Ishod are a breathe of fresh air though. I think Wes and Ishod were just naturally doing their thing and nonchalantly producing multiple nasty video parts without really having SOTY as motivation. Torey Pudwill and Nyjah on the other hand...

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2014, 05:13:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

you might be thinking of his clip in the GX1000 Living in the Bay where he backside wall rides to bs blunt down Clipper. After re-watching that Gx1000 its actually crazy how much footage wes has put out this year.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -304
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2014, 05:20:23 PM »
SOTY at this point aint nothing but free advertisement for the brands associated with the skater. A lot of those brands can't wait to start making shit for said skater with a thrasher logo.  Shit sells out regardless. Anyways Wes is already soty in my eyes.

sms_b

« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2014, 05:20:39 PM »
gawd damn. sk8mafia4life.  

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2014, 05:23:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
you might be thinking of his clip in the GX1000 Living in the Bay where he backside wall rides to bs blunt down Clipper. After re-watching that Gx1000 its actually crazy how much footage wes has put out this year.

It was From his real street part

Wes Kremer Real Street X Games Austin 2014
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 05:24:59 PM by Silky Johnson »

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2014, 05:46:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm saying back in the day you weren't in the running for SOTY, it was by no means a contest. You think Salman Agah and those dudes were trying to "win" SOTY. It was more natural before the internet took SOTY over. It's kind of lame now.

Wes and Ishod are a breathe of fresh air though. I think Wes and Ishod were just naturally doing their thing and nonchalantly producing multiple nasty video parts without really having SOTY as motivation. Torey Pudwill and Nyjah on the other hand...

i agree that soty used to be more pure in that dudes weren't treating it like a contest, but i wouldn't blame the internet. the fault lies on thrasher as a whole, but mostly phelps. they shifted it from having a small bias early on to becoming nothing more than a blatant marketing strategy.  still, i don't think wes and ishod are just lollygagging around and happen to stumble in the elite club of soty holders. maybe they care less than dudes like nyjah, but maybe not. maybe it's just that nyjah and torey are more transparent about it. and aatila alludes to something important: brand pressure. i'm sure their sponsors are up their asses about it.

real street. that's the one. thanks, silky.

moeron

« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2014, 05:52:54 PM »
I agree that it's just as much Thrashers fault as the internet's. The rise of Thrasher's internet dominance in general ruined SOTY.

Now what would be really amazing is if Wes releases even more footage in the next few weeks. Not that it's by any means necessary, but it would be over the top laugh out loud comedy.

BMCsteve

« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2014, 05:53:35 PM »
Think about how many times Ishod was called "Thrasher's Skate Of The Year" during those Street League events.  That's the type of publicity Thrasher wants.  I would be VERY surprised if one of the main SL guys (i.e. Torey) doesn't win it this year.  

I'm not saying that's the right decision, I'm just saying I can see Phelps' thought process behind it

moeron

« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2014, 06:02:33 PM »
Think about how many times Ishod was called "Thrasher's Skate Of The Year" during those Street League events.  That's the type of publicity Thrasher wants.  I would be VERY surprised if one of the main SL guys (i.e. Torey) doesn't win it this year.  

I'm not saying that's the right decision, I'm just saying I can see Phelps' thought process behind it

If that were his thought process he would've let Nyjah win last year. He has way more of a following and mainstream media focus than Ishod. I see where you're coming from but I don't agree.

P.s. Javier and Smolik's trick in the intro were SICK!

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2014, 06:07:20 PM »
All ive watched is the rappin roll up and shifty flip so far, my mind is already blown

edit: Im legitimately amazed, wow  :o
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:12:54 PM by perverted super otaku! »

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2014, 06:46:25 PM »
Jesus, i forgot he even put out a real street part. Wes has put out like 10 to 12 minutes of high quality footage this year, covering everything from style, line, switch, tranny, kinked rails and hell throw in a darslide on a concrete rail for good measure. I don't think Wes specifically gunned for SOTY, but DC and other companies definitely encourage their guys to go for it. Phelps thought process prolly has little to do with Street League and more creating hits for his website through a constant supply of footage of guys going for it. I think he's also aware that giving it to someone who appears to be making it a sporting contest like nyjah does through Street league and late november online parts(videos are different because they are legit released then to tie in with christmas sales) could cheapen the Thrasher/SOTY brand.