Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 974831 times)

kitcatski and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

bbk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #7320 on: January 23, 2022, 05:29:48 PM »
I just started skating my first pair of Vans Ave's and god damn, they're amazing!

Being the shoe hoarding deal whore that I am, I got 4 more pairs. One for a euro above half and the others for half of with 10% extra.

I REALLY need to stop this.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 06:31:01 PM by bbk »

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7321 on: January 25, 2022, 03:05:11 PM »
in the past 2 weeks I picked up a pair of those red&white leather half cabs and yellow & grey Krooked crew sweatshirt

then, I saw a low price on another 8.5 Real Full SE and scooped that since I set up the one I had on ice. Also found a Gonz Sweatpants blacklight shaped deck for $50 and swooped that as well. Figure I'll be all set for a while
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #7322 on: January 25, 2022, 03:31:26 PM »
Picked up a couple Otherness decks, both 8.25. One is Bareback and the other is a Brent Atchley board and it's not Bareback. Has a more FA/Hokey type shape and a 14-inch wheelbase. Set it up and it's pretty nice. The short wheelbase makes it feel very snappy.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

FUBAR

• Rep: 235
« Reply #7323 on: January 25, 2022, 04:13:15 PM »
I bought an AWS longsleeve from the local. It hides my chest fro.

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #7324 on: January 25, 2022, 04:47:14 PM »
Old Skull 9x33x14.65

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #7325 on: January 25, 2022, 09:45:32 PM »
Looked high and low, and found a pair of Emerica Wino G6 Slip Cup’s. Spanky’s cupsole slip-on that came out like 7 months ago.

Did a little flatground in them and they’re great. Definitely need to swap the insoles out though

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1291
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7326 on: January 25, 2022, 11:08:56 PM »

your party ain’t shit if you ain’t getting drunk

I’m inching closer to relearning switch tre flips on my smaller setup
That exact shorty's board was my first board. I remember it feeling small at age 13. Don't know how you small deck people do this.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7327 on: January 26, 2022, 03:38:03 PM »
Old Skull 9x33x14.65

If you did get one or more, when they arrive, I am curious to hear if it is actually 9 x 33 with 14.65 wb as the usual BBS boards of that size are 15 wb, or the shorter wheelbase versions are more like 32 and a bit long.

Curious anyway.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #7328 on: January 26, 2022, 07:41:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That exact shorty's board was my first board. I remember it feeling small at age 13. Don't know how you small deck people do this.

@camel filters I’m actually skating an 8.25 with 56’s on my regular setup. I’m one of those weirdos with a bunch of different boards and that now includes a comically small board. It takes a lot less effort to throw around and start to regain the muscle memory for long lost tricks. 7.75 feels small-small and isn’t something I’ve ridden regularly in close to 20 years(I was an early adopter to 8”+ boards)
fuck you bama

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #7329 on: January 26, 2022, 07:57:30 PM »
skatewarehouse sale made me buy a 8.0 blind resin-7 and venture low 5.2's

I've been riding a cracked clutch blank and a twice-delaminated minilogo board from a friend who quit. Will feel good to be on a freshie

slaab900turbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 9
« Reply #7330 on: January 27, 2022, 01:08:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

@camel filters I’m actually skating an 8.25 with 56’s on my regular setup. I’m one of those weirdos with a bunch of different boards and that now includes a comically small board. It takes a lot less effort to throw around and start to regain the muscle memory for long lost tricks. 7.75 feels small-small and isn’t something I’ve ridden regularly in close to 20 years(I was an early adopter to 8”+ boards)

Looking forward to seeing this one set up. Might pick one up. How's the concave and do you know what wood-shop it is?
Thanks!

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #7331 on: January 27, 2022, 02:46:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Looking forward to seeing this one set up. Might pick one up. How's the concave and do you know what wood-shop it is?
Thanks!
I would say mediumish concave. The production date is stamped on the front truck baseplate area, which is something I’ve only seen on Shorty’s reissues. I think they’re done by Prime
fuck you bama

slaab900turbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 9
« Reply #7332 on: January 27, 2022, 03:45:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Thanks!
[close]
I would say mediumish concave. The production date is stamped on the front truck baseplate area, which is something I’ve only seen on Shorty’s reissues. I think they’re done by Prime

Thank you.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #7333 on: January 28, 2022, 12:18:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Thanks!
[close]

I would be interested what you think about the quality of the wood. I had a Muska reissue and I felt the quality was not on par with DLX wood. Also it chipped very soon and quite nastily so that I was not able to skate it for more than a few weeks (usually I can keep a board a few months).
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7334 on: January 28, 2022, 11:57:37 AM »
https://nhsfunfactory.com/products/8-25in-x-31-80in-logo-outline-stumps-creature-skateboard-deck

Jumping off twins for a minute as I wanted a square/fuller shape that wasn't 8.5.

8.25 Creature Stump

For those that liked the Wide Tip boards and/or squared off like the Quasi Proto or AWS offerings, this is for you. Super stoked that this sort of shape is still around on NHS wood, after the Wide tips were canned. It's the 'classic' creature concave, so compared to the norm, the kicks are steep and the concave is medium/deep.

Deck Length (Inches) 31.80
Deck Noselength (Inches) 6.8
Deck Taillength (Inches) 6.6
Deck Wheelbase (Inches) 14.2

NB# 272
Vans no shows

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7335 on: January 29, 2022, 01:47:23 AM »
https://nhsfunfactory.com/products/8-25in-x-31-80in-logo-outline-stumps-creature-skateboard-deck

Jumping off twins for a minute as I wanted a square/fuller shape that wasn't 8.5.

8.25 Creature Stump

For those that liked the Wide Tip boards and/or squared off like the Quasi Proto or AWS offerings, this is for you. Super stoked that this sort of shape is still around on NHS wood, after the Wide tips were canned. It's the 'classic' creature concave, so compared to the norm, the kicks are steep and the concave is medium/deep.

Pretty sure I have said this before, but I know people who were a bit upset all the wide tip / blunt shapes were discontinued.

At least that looks more like the old normal boards that people enjoyed.

Curious how the 14.2 wb compares to your other boards of much the same proportions, even though they are twin kicks.

FUBAR

« Reply #7336 on: January 29, 2022, 06:17:48 AM »
I got some 7mm FP insoles. Put them in a pair of Lynx Zeros (my go to shoe) and don’t really feel much difference. That’s just walking around though so we shall see when I skate them.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7337 on: January 29, 2022, 07:51:33 AM »
Expand Quote

8.25 Creature Stump

[close]

Pretty sure I have said this before, but I know people who were a bit upset all the wide tip / blunt shapes were discontinued.

At least that looks more like the old normal boards that people enjoyed.

Curious how the 14.2 wb compares to your other boards of much the same proportions, even though they are twin kicks.

Speaking with someone at NHS a while back (mainly about future twins), those who rode the widetips loved them but they didn’t sell for shit so they killed them; this deck shape isn’t 1:1 but it’s damn close. Note: the wide tip 8.25"s were 32", long with a 14.353WB.

It’s going to feel weird not being a twin and having to deal with board orientation etc…plus all the twins, especially the deathwishes are super mellow compared to this thing...the kicks are so steep!

Shrinking down from a 14.3wb might be a struggle and might require shelving the Royals for a minute and going back to thunders.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 11:55:47 AM by Xen »

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7338 on: January 29, 2022, 05:26:55 PM »

Speaking with someone at NHS a while back (mainly about future twins), those who rode the widetips loved them but they didn’t sell for shit so they killed them...

I totally get that - something doesn't work, get rid of it.

Funny that the Full shapes and the certain crowd that love them are more so the FA / Hockey, Quasi, maybe even Real Full SE type of people and not so much the NHS board people.

Just an observation though.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #7339 on: January 30, 2022, 08:55:17 AM »
Ordered a Losers ATL deck this morning. The graphic is really cute!

There’s two things I’ve learned that I can count on here. @mbrimson88 and AH eagles, and @puffinmuffin and peanuts inspired graphics.  I admire the dedication!

Get hungry on it!

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7340 on: January 30, 2022, 10:04:21 AM »
Expand Quote

Speaking with someone at NHS a while back (mainly about future twins), those who rode the widetips loved them but they didn’t sell for shit so they killed them...

[close]

I totally get that - something doesn't work, get rid of it.

Funny that the Full shapes and the certain crowd that love them are more so the FA / Hockey, Quasi, maybe even Real Full SE type of people and not so much the NHS board people.

Just an observation though.

Because it’s NHS. The brands are ‘too old’, not trendy enough, which makes the team unpopular.

The vibe isn’t for everyone, but I couldn’t care less, shapes and wood is all that really matter…at minimum you can at least count on their dims being accurate board to board.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 06:35:28 PM by Xen »

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #7341 on: January 30, 2022, 03:10:34 PM »

I love when brands release t-shirts of some of their graphics.

ToshiroTownune

• Rep: 70
« Reply #7342 on: February 01, 2022, 02:32:41 PM »
Got a couple couches from craig and received this sweet Spike box as well

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #7343 on: February 02, 2022, 03:23:48 AM »
Just ordered a few plain tees and a Krooked Worrest Twin Slick.  Currently on a Crob twin so don't know what to really expect with the longer wheelbase and shorter kicks on the Worrest but I reckon there will be some struggles at first.

typeischeap

• Rep: 106
« Reply #7344 on: February 02, 2022, 07:22:51 AM »
A couple of spare 8.5 decks for the stack and some Lil' Jawns curb rails to try out toe side. I need to stay off the sale gear thread for the next few months.

Unapologetic shoes and gear nerd deep into my 3rd era of skateboarding every day.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7345 on: February 02, 2022, 08:01:10 PM »
A couple of spare 8.5 decks for the stack and some Lil' Jawns curb rails to try out toe side. I need to stay off the sale gear thread for the next few months.

Ha yeah totally!

Rad boards too.

I am not buying anything else.  I am not buying anything else.  I am not buying...  Slap sale gear thread   ...oh damn.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #7346 on: February 02, 2022, 08:44:47 PM »

I got one of these Natas Strangelove decks
fuck you bama

FUBAR

« Reply #7347 on: February 03, 2022, 03:48:18 AM »

Man I have been eyeing that Tanner full for a few weeks now. I don’t need a deck but damn it…

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #7348 on: February 04, 2022, 07:00:59 PM »
Picked up these 5.6 Venture Shanahan's at the vans store in the mall tonight. $20 for a pair of full metal Ventures is a deal I couldn't pass up! Also had a couple pairs of KB and Silvas Thunders on sale but not dirt cheap like these. Might want to check your vans mall stores if they happen to be ones who carry skateboard decks and hardware.

Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

xrossings

• Rep: 61
« Reply #7349 on: February 08, 2022, 03:51:25 PM »
i found a store that still had a pair of gravis arto shoes in my size and i bought them since they were cheap and i needed a new pair of shoes