Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969740 times)

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #7620 on: May 18, 2022, 11:18:32 PM »

LRAB VM003
Quantum Metallics, Graphflo, and Bearing tool
Hat from No Comply in Austin, TX

Also, shoutout to the homie @Freelancevagrant for the good recommendations while I was in Austin. Bummed we couldn't get a session but anyone passing through TX should give him a shout.
Gnarred for supporting NC and I can also vouch for @Freelancevagrant for being a stand up dude that will go out of his way to help you. Hope you liked Austin!

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7621 on: May 19, 2022, 03:14:52 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks!

If only everyone was so forthcoming with product information.

Interested to hear how it holds up as well.
[close]

Mine even had a little 'manufactured by BBS' holographic sticker on the wrapper.

Meanwhile, I just got the Mason Silva Kelch hommage deck in the 8.75 flyer shape.... pretty nice.

So good!!!

Nice clear top views are always appreciated.

Copied to the DLX Shapes thread.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #7622 on: May 19, 2022, 04:57:01 AM »
Expand Quote

LRAB VM003
Quantum Metallics, Graphflo, and Bearing tool
Hat from No Comply in Austin, TX

Also, shoutout to the homie @Freelancevagrant for the good recommendations while I was in Austin. Bummed we couldn't get a session but anyone passing through TX should give him a shout.
[close]
Gnarred for supporting NC and I can also vouch for @Freelancevagrant for being a stand up dude that will go out of his way to help you. Hope you liked Austin!

Y’all are being way too kind! But, yes please anyone coming through Austin give me a shout! I’ll tour guide you around, we’ll catch a sesh, and there’s a very good chance you will see a husky transition skater get absolutely broken of trying to skate street (me).

Bummed me and @BartHarleyJarvis didn’t get a chance to link up, but we will make it work at some point we’re, I can assure you of that!

And @camel filters it has been entirely too long since we caught a sesh so we need to change that shit ASAP.

To keep it on topic: I got this heroin hat while I was working in Dallas a few weeks ago. The shop is called The Pointe and it’s in Deep Ellum. Really rad little shop, awesome dudes that work there, and the bowl in the back is an absolute BLAST. Also, it’s less than 300 feet away from the Riley Gale (of Power Trip) Memorial. So go over there, support them, buy some
shit, skate the bowl, and pay your respects to Riley.

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7623 on: May 19, 2022, 07:42:28 AM »
I got a bit to baked and ordered 8 sheets of Pepper and apparently half have glitter in them. Still going to use em....

Also got a Quasi 8.25x14.38 to check out anyone ever ride that shape? Not as square nosed.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #7624 on: May 19, 2022, 08:22:47 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks!

[close]

Mine even had a little 'manufactured by BBS' holographic sticker on the wrapper.

Meanwhile, I just got the Mason Silva Kelch hommage deck in the 8.75 flyer shape.... pretty nice.

Beauty. What's the set up plan?

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #7625 on: May 19, 2022, 12:15:21 PM »
I got a bit to baked and ordered 8 sheets of Pepper and apparently half have glitter in them. Still going to use em....

Also got a Quasi 8.25x14.38 to check out anyone ever ride that shape? Not as square nosed.
i’ve got the glittery Pepper grip. It’s nowhere as crazy as the product photos make it look
fuck you bama

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #7626 on: May 19, 2022, 01:05:27 PM »
Bought some Nyjah Free 2s for $40 AUD. I heard they were narrow as but for the price got em. Happy to say they fit better than the Ishods for sure!

Where’d you snag those

Dan Gerous

« Reply #7627 on: May 19, 2022, 05:18:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks!

[close]

[close]

Beauty. What's the set up plan?

I'm not sure yet... Initially I thought I'd put it on the wall but that shape, when standing on it, it begs to be skated. The shape looks almost the exact same as the one with which I landed my first kickflip in the early 90's, just with steeper concave and more up to date nose and tail lengths.

I think 8.25 trucks will fit best depending on what wheels I use, I already have some Indy's and Thunders in that size, I prefer Thunders, and I also already have some 52mm Spitfire Classics so it will probably be that.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #7628 on: May 19, 2022, 05:51:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What is tactics? I’m new here not sure what you mean
[close]

Oregon's Zumiez

https://www.tactics.com/
[close]
I can’t speak for the Portland or bend tactics but the original one In Eugene has always had skaters working there so I would say it’s a lot better than zuimiez. Zuimiez is skater hot topic so I would say tactics is skater target.

Bend Tactics is staffed by legit skaters.  I don't feel bad supporting them.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7629 on: May 19, 2022, 06:16:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What is tactics? I’m new here not sure what you mean
[close]

Oregon's Zumiez

https://www.tactics.com/
[close]
I can’t speak for the Portland or bend tactics but the original one In Eugene has always had skaters working there so I would say it’s a lot better than zuimiez. Zuimiez is skater hot topic so I would say tactics is skater target.
[close]

Bend Tactics is staffed by legit skaters.  I don't feel bad supporting them.

Their YT gear reviews are touch-and-go but their instructional videos are good, much rather point beginners to their "how to" videos than Braille.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #7630 on: May 23, 2022, 01:08:36 PM »
Finally pulled the trigger on the crail G052 shape.

14 wb
6.8 tail
6.875 nose

Still not sure if I found my gold setup or not.
Even more confusing since I am 5'8 with a 7.5 shoe size.

I thought a longer tail makes for more effortless pop and the shorter wheelbase helps with flips? I have no idea tbh
IG: @flowterspace

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #7631 on: May 23, 2022, 01:37:21 PM »
Anyone order from crushed skate shop in DC? Ordered 6 days ago and they haven’t shipped my items, DM’d and emailed them like a man already. Nothing no communication at all

oak leaf

• Rep: 45
« Reply #7632 on: May 23, 2022, 01:43:00 PM »
Anyone order from crushed skate shop in DC? Ordered 6 days ago and they haven’t shipped my items, DM’d and emailed them like a man already. Nothing no communication at all

yes thats my local & basically the only place i buy gear unless i see a wild sale.
ordered tons of stuff there for pickup, once or twice delivery.

the staff is super friendly. Cant imagine why your shit is held up but ive never had a single problem w Crushed

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
« Reply #7633 on: May 23, 2022, 01:45:39 PM »
phone call?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #7634 on: May 23, 2022, 02:08:14 PM »
Indy 149 Hollows. Super surfy to ride nuts flush with stock bushings. Surfier than the Lurpivs with a bit more wheelbite. I am tempted to tighten them but resisted so far. Top bushings already crumble after three sessions, I might pop in some Bones hard top bushings which I have laying around if this gets worse.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #7635 on: May 23, 2022, 03:39:15 PM »
Indy 149 Hollows. Super surfy to ride nuts flush with stock bushings. Surfier than the Lurpivs with a bit more wheelbite. I am tempted to tighten them but resisted so far. Top bushings already crumble after three sessions, I might pop in some Bones hard top bushings which I have laying around if this gets worse.
I have bones hards in mine and they are perfect. It's definitely worth trying.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #7636 on: May 23, 2022, 08:58:40 PM »

14 wb
6.8 tail
6.875 nose

I thought a longer tail makes for more effortless pop and the shorter wheelbase helps with flips? I have no idea tbh

best feeling 8,25 i've had (euro pal here so 1.78m and 9.5 shoe)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #7637 on: May 23, 2022, 11:12:05 PM »

So weird if the bushings are actually falling apart.  Those stock bushings (in any colour) usually hold up really well for most people I know who ride them, but I have definitely seen a few bits coming off them on the outside of the tops where the washer has cut into them, but the middle are still fine.

I guess every bushing will have some issues from time to time, but I usually always swap my Indy bushings out for special ones anyway, harder duro with low heads.  This last board I set up I left the stock ones in just to see and although it is a different feeling, they still work well enough for me.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7638 on: May 24, 2022, 01:31:49 AM »
Expand Quote

14 wb
6.8 tail
6.875 nose

[close]

We are the same height, but my feet are two numbers smaller if that gives you an idea. ^^
I can't wait to try this shape, something about the 14 wb.

nitro89

• Rep: 88
« Reply #7639 on: May 24, 2022, 02:18:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

14 wb
6.8 tail
6.875 nose

[close]

[close]

We are the same height, but my feet are two numbers smaller if that gives you an idea. ^^

I'm 6,3" with UK 12's and have just set one of these up after not getting on with the primitive 8.38 i bought a couple weeks ago. I haven't got to skate it yet tho, cant decide what trucks to go with.

i love my 5.8 ventures so ive stuck them on but the tapers telling me to slap 5.6's on instead.

have to wait and see how the 5.8's feel when i get the chance to roll out this week.

*British weathers all over the shop right now. (hot, cold, wet, windy take your pick.ha)
"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7640 on: May 24, 2022, 03:15:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

14 wb
6.8 tail
6.875 nose

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm 6,3" with UK 12's and have just set one of these up after not getting on with the primitive 8.38 i bought a couple weeks ago. I haven't got to skate it yet tho, cant decide what trucks to go with.

i love my 5.8 ventures so ive stuck them on but the tapers telling me to slap 5.6's on instead.

have to wait and see how the 5.8's feel when i get the chance to roll out this week.

*British weathers all over the shop right now. (hot, cold, wet, windy take your pick.ha)

I would say your truck size depends on the wheels you have. If you have slim wheels (spit classics) I would run 5.8s. If you have wider wheels (spit conical fulls) I would run 5.6s. You can also experiment with washers too.
By the way, I never rode venture trucks in my life, so ^^

nitro89

• Rep: 88
« Reply #7641 on: May 24, 2022, 04:17:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

14 wb
6.8 tail
6.875 nose

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I would say your truck size depends on the wheels you have. If you have slim wheels (spit classics) I would run 5.8s. If you have wider wheels (spit conical fulls) I would run 5.6s. You can also experiment with washers too.

im running the f4 clasics right now, prefer a slim wheel so I'm sure i can get away with the 5.8's just be interesting to see what happens when i land primo due to the taper on the tail end of the deck. will it stay stable or roll over and take out my ankles. :o
"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7642 on: May 24, 2022, 08:53:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

14 wb
6.8 tail
6.875 nose

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

im running the f4 clasics right now, prefer a slim wheel so I'm sure i can get away with the 5.8's just be interesting to see what happens when i land primo due to the taper on the tail end of the deck. will it stay stable or roll over and take out my ankles. :o

I get what you are saying, but I think the difference between 5.6 and 5.8 is only 5mm so you should be safe there. Sounds like a stable setup, 8.25 deck with 8.5 trucks.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 279
« Reply #7643 on: May 24, 2022, 07:06:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yes thats my local & basically the only place i buy gear unless i see a wild sale.
ordered tons of stuff there for pickup, once or twice delivery.

the staff is super friendly. Cant imagine why your shit is held up but ive never had a single problem w Crushed
Great shop with great people. To your issue, call the phone. Crew is Brian (the owner) and a very small staff. My guess is that there has been three Dunks releases in the last five days and the email/DMs are a shitshow as of now. Not making excuses but it gets real ugly.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7644 on: May 24, 2022, 07:59:02 PM »
Go with 8.25 trucks on the G052. It isn't that full and tapers ever so slightly. It's a really nimble shape I wouldn't want to slow it down with larger trucks.

I preferred Thunders or Indy's more on it tho.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #7645 on: May 27, 2022, 01:59:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So weird if the bushings are actually falling apart.  Those stock bushings (in any colour) usually hold up really well for most people I know who ride them, but I have definitely seen a few bits coming off them on the outside of the tops where the washer has cut into them, but the middle are still fine.

I guess every bushing will have some issues from time to time, but I usually always swap my Indy bushings out for special ones anyway, harder duro with low heads.  This last board I set up I left the stock ones in just to see and although it is a different feeling, they still work well enough for me.

It's not falling apart, it's crumbling, have a look:

It's not having an impact on the performance at the moment. Maybe the truck was laying around for some time.

On topic: I just ordered three different colorways of Busenitzes. Stocking up because my size is not always readily available.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

MysticalTypeExperience

• Rep: 128
« Reply #7646 on: May 27, 2022, 07:47:58 PM »
scooped an Evan Smith Uma from the 303 sale, pretty chuffed

8.625x32.5x14.5

cky enthusiast

« Reply #7647 on: May 27, 2022, 08:03:30 PM »

never ordered from them but visited on a dc skate trip a few months ago and the dude who owns it is rad + definitely working really hard- i think it’s like him and one other dude holding it down (locals feel free to school me) so my bet is he’s just swamped. i back crushed for sure

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #7648 on: May 28, 2022, 04:18:40 AM »

Decks on deck for summer

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675