Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 975972 times)

DarkPools

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #7650 on: May 28, 2022, 02:15:32 PM »
I feel ya! Bought 3 Polar decks from 303, and I'm tempted to snag 2 Crockett Highs from Orchard but I'm trying so hard to not be irresponsible  haha!

That Mandy Heroin graphic is chef's kiss. Pretty quality horror movie, too! Better than I expected it to be.
Super Champion Fun Zone

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #7651 on: May 28, 2022, 08:33:32 PM »
Total damage after these sales and gear madness:

Uma Remnants on Headroom deck 8.625
Madness Out of Mind deck 9.13
Royal ultra lights 8.75
F4 classics 52mm

FUBAR

• Rep: 235
« Reply #7652 on: May 30, 2022, 05:51:19 PM »
Got a pair of half cabs for the first time in about 5 years. I’ve been skating cupsoles but it’s time to see how my old feet like the half cabs. $60 shipped for the pair was hard to pass up.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7653 on: May 30, 2022, 06:41:05 PM »
Got a pair of half cabs for the first time in about 5 years. I’ve been skating cupsoles but it’s time to see how my old feet like the half cabs. $60 shipped for the pair was hard to pass up.

I think these new half cab "skate" models are the best they've been.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

MysticalTypeExperience

« Reply #7654 on: May 30, 2022, 06:47:31 PM »
Total damage after these sales and gear madness:

Uma Remnants on Headroom deck 8.625
Madness Out of Mind deck 9.13
Royal ultra lights 8.75
F4 classics 52mm

Add to this
Powell Mantis flight deck 8.75
Fallen Patriots all black
Madness hat

I'll try to remember to post a photo of this ridiculous haul when it all trickles in

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 860
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7655 on: May 31, 2022, 12:16:23 AM »
venture 6.1s
quantum atoms and lube
S.L.A.G. F4 radials 53mm
bronze 1" allen
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #7656 on: May 31, 2022, 04:55:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Indy 149 Hollows. Super surfy to ride nuts flush with stock bushings. Surfier than the Lurpivs with a bit more wheelbite. I am tempted to tighten them but resisted so far. Top bushings already crumble after three sessions, I might pop in some Bones hard top bushings which I have laying around if this gets worse.
[close]

So weird if the bushings are actually falling apart.  Those stock bushings (in any colour) usually hold up really well for most people I know who ride them, but I have definitely seen a few bits coming off them on the outside of the tops where the washer has cut into them, but the middle are still fine.

I guess every bushing will have some issues from time to time, but I usually always swap my Indy bushings out for special ones anyway, harder duro with low heads.  This last board I set up I left the stock ones in just to see and although it is a different feeling, they still work well enough for me.
[close]

It's not falling apart, it's crumbling, have a look:

It's not having an impact on the performance at the moment. Maybe the truck was laying around for some time.

On topic: I just ordered three different colorways of Busenitzes. Stocking up because my size is not always readily available.

I had meant to say the other day, but got distracted and only saw this again now.

Yes I think I have seen quite a few bushings of all brands like this, but for the most part they still work well enough, although some people I know have had a bit of a freak out about it.  If I have spares, I will usually swap them in for them and use their bushing in another set of trucks, usually on a cruiser which are still going strong.

They do tend to soften up or trucks loosen up as they crumble too, which for some people is an issue, but for others, it is perfect.

There are so many good sales on at the moment, but right now I haven't bought anything for a while, which is good for the credit card balance, but funny cause I keep thinking I could be getting bargains...

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 980
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7657 on: May 31, 2022, 06:59:59 AM »

It's not falling apart, it's crumbling, have a look:

It's not having an impact on the performance at the moment. Maybe the truck was laying around for some time.

crum·ble
/ˈkrəmbəl/
Learn to pronounce
verb
break or fall apart into small fragments, especially over a period of time as part of a process of deterioration.
"the plaster started to crumble"

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1110
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #7658 on: May 31, 2022, 09:42:51 AM »
I tried to be strong this weekend but failed. I did have a Visa gift card left over from Christmas so I justified it by using that.

-Glider Ice Blink 8.5" Twin Tail (Shout out to @Paul_Glider Skateboards), excited to try it out
-Polar Hjalte 8.5" w/ wheel wells
-LRAB Dusty Blue VM001 Suede His
-Bender 7/8" Allen Hardware

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
« Reply #7659 on: May 31, 2022, 09:52:04 AM »
I just got a new job with a mid-five figure pay raise so I threw off the shackles of unemployment austerity and treated myself to a pair of those new anodized Ace AF-1s, a set of Mini Logo bearings for some cruiser wheels I have, and new hoodie to replace my collection of threadbare ones, and a set of Bones Swiss bearings to keep on ice until my main set finally shits the bed.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #7660 on: May 31, 2022, 10:09:57 AM »
^congrats dude!!  all fire pickups too, hell yeah

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
« Reply #7661 on: May 31, 2022, 10:13:24 AM »
^congrats dude!!  all fire pickups too, hell yeah

Thanks. Between all the little thing I had been putting off buying for the past several months, it's already time to dial back the spending for a while.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7662 on: May 31, 2022, 06:23:17 PM »
I just got a new job with a mid-five figure pay raise so I threw off the shackles of unemployment austerity and treated myself to a pair of those new anodized Ace AF-1s, a set of Mini Logo bearings for some cruiser wheels I have, and new hoodie to replace my collection of threadbare ones, and a set of Bones Swiss bearings to keep on ice until my main set finally shits the bed.

Congrats on the pay raise! Just got my first check from my new job and went a little buck on the sales too.

Edit: AF1 Low as my first pair of Ace trucks,
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 11:35:55 PM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #7663 on: May 31, 2022, 11:07:34 PM »

@manysnakes congrats man! Treat yo'self!
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7664 on: June 01, 2022, 06:58:47 AM »
Reading about yall getting fresh gear kinda satisfies something in me so I don't buy unnecessary shit. Thank you all it really helps haha.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #7665 on: June 01, 2022, 07:32:31 AM »
Reading about yall getting fresh gear kinda satisfies something in me so I don't buy unnecessary shit. Thank you all it really helps haha.
Damn I wish I could get vicariously stoked on other peoples gear purchases, I just get bad FOMO. I did manage to limit my spending to some clothing needs and not the ever expanding stack of decks I have on ice. 

Get hungry on it!

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7666 on: June 01, 2022, 08:02:00 AM »
Seeing @tom and his stack of VX decks makes me feel like I should get a stack of VX decks....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #7667 on: June 01, 2022, 04:32:54 PM »
Haven't bought it yet, but I'm hella hyped on this "Porkchop and Coffee" board. I still use 'noeggroll' for a bunch of passwords, haha.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 980
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7668 on: June 01, 2022, 07:34:40 PM »
Polar hipsack 'sport'
149 Thunder TI
8.3 Quasi Heny Twin/Pepper grip

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #7669 on: June 01, 2022, 08:20:37 PM »
Crockett Hi (2) [dark blue]
Vans Half Cab '92 [dress blues]
Polar 8.5 (3) [one has wheel wells!]
Mob Grip (3)

Waiting on the shoes! I spent too much in this recent sale (but such goood deals!) but I sold a couple of old (practically new) shoes recently so that evens out right  :P
Super Champion Fun Zone

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #7670 on: June 01, 2022, 08:41:09 PM »
this isn’t the thread to gloat about getting a “mid-five figure pay raise”, go pay for stuff full price at a local shop and leave the deals for the poor and working class gear hoarders

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #7671 on: June 01, 2022, 08:43:53 PM »
oh wait nevermind i thought this was the sale gear thread, at any rate you better have paid full price for everything purchased

MysticalTypeExperience

« Reply #7672 on: June 05, 2022, 07:13:35 PM »
Went a bit apeshit on Memorial Day sales.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #7673 on: June 06, 2022, 01:36:56 PM »
Haven't bought it yet, but I'm hella hyped on this "Porkchop and Coffee" board. I still use 'noeggroll' for a bunch of passwords, haha.

Logging into your slap account rn

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 532
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #7674 on: June 06, 2022, 06:00:34 PM »
5 4 x Enjoi “blanks”. Very minimal graphic that will be getting the sticker treatment.

And not really a skate thing but bought with skating very much in mind, a therapeutic muscle gun.

Used it 20 mins pre skating and my legs get young all over again
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 10:31:05 PM by Paco Supreme »

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1108
« Reply #7675 on: June 06, 2022, 09:24:16 PM »
5 x Enjoi “blanks”. Very minimal graphic that will be getting the sticker treatment.

And not really a skate thing but bought with skating very much in mind, a therapeutic muscle gun.

Which gun?
Gentle slap reader may notice that anything that is harkened as a fountain of youth, instantly has my attention. So dusty.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 532
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #7676 on: June 07, 2022, 01:48:14 AM »
Expand Quote
5 x Enjoi “blanks”. Very minimal graphic that will be getting the sticker treatment.

[close]

Which gun?
Gentle slap reader may notice that anything that is harkened as a fountain of youth, instantly has my attention. So dusty.

I snagged this one after a girl at work let me borrow hers for a moment https://www.amazon.com.au/RENPHO-Portable-Percussion-Professional-Post-Workout/dp/B08C298RYR

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1108
« Reply #7677 on: June 07, 2022, 06:26:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Which gun?
Gentle slap reader may notice that anything that is harkened (wtf!? What word did my dementia ass mean to use here?!?) as a fountain of youth, instantly has my attention. So dusty.

Doosh215

• Rep: 61
« Reply #7678 on: June 07, 2022, 06:31:18 PM »
Snapped my fibula in February and had to have surgery. This whole time I've just been itching to skate, and watching skate videos and reading too much slap. I just kept buying way too much gear over the last few months which did help push off some of the depression of not being able to skate or do anything. Luckily I was able to get out and push around a little last weekend, and think I'm pretty close to being able to skate again. I did get good deals on a lot of this stuff though.

A random assortment of 8" boards. Hyped to try the Breana Girl shape. The UMA board came with Pepper Grip too so that'll be fun to try after skating nothing but Jessup since I was a kid.

Some Lakais including a pair of non skate ones. Es accel slim plus. Es Sal Barbier reissues (ebay find). A pair of HOURS (bought as a chiller but they do feel good).

Spitfire F4 52 101a. First set of Spitfires since I was probably 14. Been on Bones STF for years.

Royal Ultra Light 139. Haven't had Royals in over 10 years but you guys seem to like the new ones so I'm gonna give them a try.

Bones swiss and some Diamond P-rod hardware (I just liked the look of the light blue bolt)

Not picturing a bunch of clothes I bought as well.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7679 on: June 07, 2022, 06:50:02 PM »
Snapped my fibula in February and had to have surgery. This whole time I've just been itching to skate, and watching skate videos and reading too much slap. I just kept buying way too much gear over the last few months which did help push off some of the depression of not being able to skate or do anything. Luckily I was able to get out and push around a little last weekend, and think I'm pretty close to being able to skate again. I did get good deals on a lot of this stuff though.

A random assortment of 8" boards. Hyped to try the Breana Girl shape. The UMA board came with Pepper Grip too so that'll be fun to try after skating nothing but Jessup since I was a kid.

Some Lakais including a pair of non skate ones. Es accel slim plus. Es Sal Barbier reissues (ebay find). A pair of HOURS (bought as a chiller but they do feel good).

Spitfire F4 52 101a. First set of Spitfires since I was probably 14. Been on Bones STF for years.

Royal Ultra Light 139. Haven't had Royals in over 10 years but you guys seem to like the new ones so I'm gonna give them a try.

Bones swiss and some Diamond P-rod hardware (I just liked the look of the light blue bolt)

Not picturing a bunch of clothes I bought as well.

Solid stash there, especially the Habitat, Royal and eS Accel Plus, rode a pair a few months ago and reminded me why I love a solid cupsole like that. Kept it's shape through 2 months of intense sessions and only broke out the Shoe Goo on week 3. Vulcs are feeling too floppy for me right now.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m