Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 974738 times)

DarkPools

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #7710 on: June 24, 2022, 11:56:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Crockett Hi (2) [dark blue]
Vans Half Cab '92 [dress blues]
Polar 8.5 (3) [one has wheel wells!]
Mob Grip (3)

Waiting on the shoes! I spent too much in this recent sale (but such goood deals!) but I sold a couple of old (practically new) shoes recently so that evens out right  :P
[close]

never seen those dark blue crockett hi out there! and as a ocd shoe guy, wouldn't mind to add those to the collection. Where did you buy those?

cheers!

They are the dark blue and black sole VCU ones. They look so good in person! I'll try to post a pic soon with em on

Daddies Boardshop and Orchard Skateshop had them both. They still do, but maybe not as many sizes now if you're interested.

Orchard Skate Shop (regular price)
https://orchardshop.com/collections/shoes/products/vans-skate-crockett-high-vcu-navy-black

Daddies Boardshop (on sale!) https://www.daddiesboardshop.com/collections/vans-shoes/products/vans-crockett-high-vcu-shoes-navy-black
"DADDIES20" may even get you 20% of but I haven't checked yet
Super Champion Fun Zone

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7711 on: June 25, 2022, 01:57:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Crockett Hi (2) [dark blue]
Vans Half Cab '92 [dress blues]
Polar 8.5 (3) [one has wheel wells!]
Mob Grip (3)

Waiting on the shoes! I spent too much in this recent sale (but such goood deals!) but I sold a couple of old (practically new) shoes recently so that evens out right  :P
[close]

never seen those dark blue crockett hi out there! and as a ocd shoe guy, wouldn't mind to add those to the collection. Where did you buy those?

cheers!
[close]

They are the dark blue and black sole VCU ones. They look so good in person! I'll try to post a pic soon with em on

Daddies Boardshop and Orchard Skateshop had them both. They still do, but maybe not as many sizes now if you're interested.

Orchard Skate Shop (regular price)
https://orchardshop.com/collections/shoes/products/vans-skate-crockett-high-vcu-navy-black

Daddies Boardshop (on sale!) https://www.daddiesboardshop.com/collections/vans-shoes/products/vans-crockett-high-vcu-shoes-navy-black
"DADDIES20" may even get you 20% of but I haven't checked yet

euro pal here! thx for the tips anyway. I'll be on the haunt :)

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #7712 on: June 25, 2022, 04:20:06 PM »
Pennswood 8.5 blank coming in the mail! Going down from 8.75 for a lil while.

Also, got this baby and it is perfect man. So light and comfortable while skating from spot to spot.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #7713 on: June 25, 2022, 05:37:15 PM »
Pennswood 8.5 blank coming in the mail! Going down from 8.75 for a lil while.

Also, got this baby and it is perfect man. So light and comfortable while skating from spot to spot.

Yo is this more regular jansport backpack size or a little smaller? looking for a good back to hold my skate shit in! thanks in advance :)

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7714 on: June 25, 2022, 05:43:51 PM »
I'd say it's about the same if not just a lil smaller... plenty of room in there for skate shit imo!

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #7715 on: June 25, 2022, 11:06:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Heated Wheel Hewitt polarizer
Grimple mini beach bum
[close]

Very nice. I really want one of those mini beach bums. Can’t seem to find one in person or online.
[close]

yeah same, they are going super quick from what i've seen as well. that being said they are still hitting shops so the shipments are still happening at least. i might start bothering the local shops more than i normally would about shipments
they do seem to post what shops have them on the instagram so maybe stalk that the next few weeks?

Check the Heated Wheel website every couple of weeks. Also check the Polarizer thread. That’s how I saw this run was up about a day after a post saying they were restocked
fuck you bama

blueskynoise

• Rep: 23
« Reply #7716 on: June 29, 2022, 02:35:38 PM »

Walked into Olympia’s new Ann Arbor, MI location and these were on the shelf. Stoked to skate these!

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7717 on: June 29, 2022, 04:55:06 PM »

Walked into Olympia’s new Ann Arbor, MI location and these were on the shelf. Stoked to skate these!

Shout out Olympia skate shop!

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7718 on: June 30, 2022, 01:27:11 PM »

Just noticed this but is your username a Circa Survive reference?  FUCKING SICK, if so!
Super Champion Fun Zone

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #7719 on: June 30, 2022, 01:31:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Just noticed this but is your username a Circa Survive reference?  FUCKING SICK, if so!

guy is JUTURNING into my favorite poster

blueskynoise

« Reply #7720 on: June 30, 2022, 03:38:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You are correct!

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7721 on: June 30, 2022, 11:55:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You are correct!

:D Made my day! A fellow connoisseur of quality music!

@BartHarleyJarvis FUCKING GOLD!

Also, blue sky, sweet score! Gonna keep laces stock or run some different  color ones?
Super Champion Fun Zone

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7722 on: July 01, 2022, 07:04:30 AM »
Quantum Fusions. Bearings last me about 4 years so I'll put my Atoms in some crust wheels and Fusions in my main.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #7723 on: July 01, 2022, 07:33:30 AM »
Quantum Fusions. Bearings last me about 4 years so I'll put my Atoms in some crust wheels and Fusions in my main.

You’ll have to post a review at some point, you’re the first person I’ve seen buy them

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7724 on: July 01, 2022, 08:53:22 AM »
I definitely shouldn't have but Quantum has been good to me and I take care of bearings. Plus I don't drink alcohol or spend much on eating out so it's kind of a financial wash despite the high cost

blueskynoise

« Reply #7725 on: July 01, 2022, 09:02:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You are correct!
[close]

:D Made my day! A fellow connoisseur of quality music!

@BartHarleyJarvis FUCKING GOLD!

Also, blue sky, sweet score! Gonna keep laces stock or run some different  color ones?

This seems like a great meeting of the minds, lol.

I put the white laces in. They look like skate Air Forces now.  Once the paint(?) wears away, I’ll see how I feel. The stock laces weren’t doing it for me on the all white

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #7726 on: July 01, 2022, 09:45:13 AM »
I definitely shouldn't have but Quantum has been good to me and I take care of bearings. Plus I don't drink alcohol or spend much on eating out so it's kind of a financial wash despite the high cost

I definitely feel you on this. The only reason I haven't been more seriously considering the Fusions is because my atoms and isotopes are still running so well, i don't really need a better version...

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
« Reply #7727 on: July 01, 2022, 12:14:20 PM »
finally nabbed a mini beach bum, hallelujah. idk how i'm gonna set this little thing up yet but just holding it brings me joy

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #7728 on: July 01, 2022, 12:35:24 PM »
finally nabbed a mini beach bum, hallelujah. idk how i'm gonna set this little thing up yet but just holding it brings me joy

I'm so tempted but the lack of nose scares me. How does it feel standing on it? Really cramped? I find zip zingers fine for cruising and doing little tricks here n there but its wayy too skinny so beach bum seems good in that regard.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
« Reply #7729 on: July 01, 2022, 03:08:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm so tempted but the lack of nose scares me. How does it feel standing on it? Really cramped? I find zip zingers fine for cruising and doing little tricks here n there but its wayy too skinny so beach bum seems good in that regard.

so my daily is an 8" with 14" wheelbase and one of my favorite boards is a 7.75 with a 13"-something wheelbase so i might not be the best to ask BUT i don't feel cramped on it personally. now that i type that out, i think it's why i'm so stoked on the board, it's a mix of my two favorites in a fun shape. i'll report back if i get it on trucks any time over the holiday weekend, but i'm torn between just setting it up fresh top to bottom or throwing the trucks off my other board when it's toast

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #7730 on: July 01, 2022, 03:46:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

so my daily is an 8" with 14" wheelbase and one of my favorite boards is a 7.75 with a 13"-something wheelbase so i might not be the best to ask BUT i don't feel cramped on it personally. now that i type that out, i think it's why i'm so stoked on the board, it's a mix of my two favorites in a fun shape. i'll report back if i get it on trucks any time over the holiday weekend, but i'm torn between just setting it up fresh top to bottom or throwing the trucks off my other board when it's toast

Man you are tempting me. Honestly if the graphic was better I'd have copped by now but I'm looking for any excuse not to buy shit even though I want to so bad lol

Wheelbitefred

• Rep: 11
« Reply #7731 on: July 06, 2022, 05:34:30 PM »
I was missing the AV classic high so I bought the vans surf line sk8 hi

But I removed all the colourful thread and the patch on the side with a seam ripper and added some centring straps for the tongue. I like the PF flyers style toe bumper around the front.

nevrwasben

« Reply #7732 on: July 06, 2022, 05:42:23 PM »

But I removed all the colourful thread and the patch on the side with a seam ripper and added some centring straps for the tongue. I like the PF flyers style toe bumper around the front.

Looks nice!
How’d you attach the straps under the insole?
Hot glue or something??

Wheelbitefred

• Rep: 11
« Reply #7733 on: July 06, 2022, 05:50:22 PM »
Close! I had some heavy canvas kicking around, I traced the insole on to it and cut it out. I sewed the strap to the tongue on each side but left it connected in a “U” shape and sewed that to the canvas. Then I shoe goo’d the canvas down below the sole and placed the insole overtop. The tongue sliding around drives me nuts!

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7734 on: July 06, 2022, 07:58:19 PM »
Close! I had some heavy canvas kicking around, I traced the insole on to it and cut it out. I sewed the strap to the tongue on each side but left it connected in a “U” shape and sewed that to the canvas. Then I shoe goo’d the canvas down below the sole and placed the insole overtop. The tongue sliding around drives me nuts!

So good!!!

This is the sort of thing I find amazing to see, when you gotta go that far to get something exactly how you like it, but it is so worth it.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

suhdude

• Rep: 10
« Reply #7735 on: July 07, 2022, 11:00:36 AM »

This is so rad, proper good DIY job. Would love to learn how to add those straps - they're the best thing Vans have added since upgrading the Skate line.

nevrwasben

« Reply #7736 on: July 07, 2022, 04:51:18 PM »
very nice!!

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7737 on: July 12, 2022, 10:10:27 PM »
Force 58 premiums. Needed some all whites for some [non-skate] summer fits and CCS still has their 20% off sale going on. They'll be trashed just in time for fall skating.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #7738 on: July 12, 2022, 10:20:43 PM »
Force 58 premiums. Needed some all whites for some [non-skate] summer fits and CCS still has their 20% off sale going on. They'll be trashed just in time for fall skating.

You’ve skated these before, yes? You like em? I’ve never really given these a chance, dunno why

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7739 on: July 12, 2022, 11:34:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You’ve skated these before, yes? You like em? I’ve never really given these a chance, dunno why

Ya, the below colorway. The suede break in easy and they skate fine/great, tho the eyestay gets shredded pretty fast.

Underrated shoe, probably because they're nothing special tech-wise (other than being a vulcanized cupsole). Oddly, they net tons of compliments (non-skaters as well). I still have a pair on ice. The poorman's dunk with the 'force' branding. I would have gotten AF1s but might as well get something to skate after they get wasted.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 11:43:09 PM by Xen »