Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969985 times)

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #5790 on: December 21, 2020, 12:56:52 PM »

TumKayo

« Reply #5791 on: December 21, 2020, 01:03:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
sweet 55mm tablets

Scored them from garage skate shop for $30! Hard to resist at that price. Added some hardwear and a 70% off Adidas shirt to get free shipping.

They have been offering 20% off everything all month, and they continue to add new gear every other day or so. They put new F4 wheels on the other day for $38 pre sale price.

sadnocomply

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5792 on: December 21, 2020, 01:10:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
sweet 55mm tablets
[close]

Scored them from garage skate shop for $30! Hard to resist at that price. Added some hardwear and a 70% off Adidas shirt to get free shipping.

They have been offering 20% off everything all month, and they continue to add new gear every other day or so. They put new F4 wheels on the other day for $38 pre sale price.
i scored a bunch of goods from garage as well but they sent me the wrong pair of shoes last week and I can’t get in contact with them smh. I hope they get me straight.

TumKayo

« Reply #5793 on: December 21, 2020, 01:17:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
sweet 55mm tablets
[close]

[close]
i scored a bunch of goods from garage as well but they sent me the wrong pair of shoes last week and I can’t get in contact with them smh. I hope they get me straight.

Damn, I’ve had nothing but good luck with Jacks. I just called them and they picked up the phone in 2 seconds, give them another shout.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5794 on: December 21, 2020, 04:27:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just arrived:
Kast (Danny Fuenzalida’s company out of Miami, I think?) Flamingo 8.75” shaped/cruiser deck.
14.75” WB
Has the characteristic PS Stix identifying laser etched shape & serial #s, so it’ll be at least a decent ride.
Added it to the stack of other boards I’ve “panic purchased” during COVID.
Basically grabbing up any boards on sale that fit my preferred dims.

Edit: tried to load images, but apparently I have failed again, so I’ve pulled this pic from the internet.
Same, same.
[close]
You're right. The name, for us chileans, is kind of a bummer since is the last name of a piece of shir of politician.
[close]
Oof! Wonder what THAT’s about? Does it have another meaning, or is the Fuenz endorsing a politician? Suddenly so curious.
No idea, hopefully nope.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5795 on: December 21, 2020, 04:30:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Like pretty much everybody this has been a shirt year so treated myself with some Kyle Walkers 2.
[close]
You get the whites like you were thinking?
Enjoy em! :D
Let us know how they feel and if the strap actually feels necessary (chilling or skating)
Just got them.
They feel kinda heavy and I would say that the strap feels necessary. Hopefully they won't be a 👣 sauna.
Nonetheless I'm super happy with them, love the colorway
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
« Reply #5797 on: December 21, 2020, 08:18:41 PM »
shop deck 8.63
bones 56mm wide cut
bones Swiss super 6

éS accel slim
vans berle pro
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Yoshi

• Rep: 0
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 03:16:16 AM by Yoshi »

Yoshi

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5799 on: December 22, 2020, 03:15:30 AM »
eS evant. Nostalgic K3 vibes I just couldn’t resist

finecojeffe

• Rep: 126
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #5800 on: December 22, 2020, 09:48:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just arrived:
Kast (Danny Fuenzalida’s company out of Miami, I think?) Flamingo 8.75” shaped/cruiser deck.
14.75” WB
Has the characteristic PS Stix identifying laser etched shape & serial #s, so it’ll be at least a decent ride.
Added it to the stack of other boards I’ve “panic purchased” during COVID.
Basically grabbing up any boards on sale that fit my preferred dims.

Edit: tried to load images, but apparently I have failed again, so I’ve pulled this pic from the internet.
Same, same.
[close]
You're right. The name, for us chileans, is kind of a bummer since is the last name of a piece of shir of politician.
[close]
Oof! Wonder what THAT’s about? Does it have another meaning, or is the Fuenz endorsing a politician? Suddenly so curious.
[close]
No idea, hopefully nope.
really doubt it.

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #5801 on: December 22, 2020, 01:54:12 PM »

I'm stealing Yoshi's post for the pic as I just hit up the local to say "Merry Christmas" to the owner before we go back into lock down and got the last pair of these red/white evants for $50 Cdn which is redonkolous.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

TumKayo

« Reply #5802 on: December 22, 2020, 02:09:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm stealing Yoshi's post for the pic as I just hit up the local to say "Merry Christmas" to the owner before we go back into lock down and got the last pair of these red/white evants for $50 Cdn which is redonkolous.

$50 Cdn is nuts. They are my favorite shoes currently, I also had K3s growing up. Only thing is they don’t seem as durable as my other shoes, including eS Symbols.

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #5803 on: December 22, 2020, 02:24:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

$50 Cdn is nuts. They are my favorite shoes currently, I also had K3s growing up. Only thing is they don’t seem as durable as my other shoes, including eS Symbols.

Exactly. Did I need them? No. But $50 cdn was too good to pass up. He had some Symbols as well but like Yoshi said the "nostalgia is strong with these ones".

Now off to drink and make cookies with the kids for the official start of my holidays - be well everyone!
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #5804 on: December 22, 2020, 02:34:22 PM »
I got the dimensions on the tail and nose on that new Doomsayers 9.25, and they looked ok for park and tranny, so I scooped one of those. Also got the new Dressen 56mm Mini Combos (101A up from 99a) and a couple of sets of liljawn rails.
ok thanks

TumKayo

« Reply #5805 on: December 22, 2020, 02:56:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Exactly. Did I need them? No. But $50 cdn was too good to pass up. He had some Symbols as well but like Yoshi said the "nostalgia is strong with these ones".

Now off to drink and make cookies with the kids for the official start of my holidays - be well everyone!

Good buy! The Symbols feel significantly bulkier on foot. The Evants feel much more like an athletic shoe, very reminiscent of the old K3s. The Evants also offer more padding and comfort over Busenitz Pros, it’s a very balanced shoe.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #5806 on: December 22, 2020, 04:25:16 PM »
Got myself some Xmas stuff but only 2 things in hand so far.
Terror of planet x  hoodie
Bones Swiss
Traffic dvd
Nike sb hoodie
Nike team classic shoes

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #5807 on: December 22, 2020, 06:27:14 PM »
I got the dimensions on the tail and nose on that new Doomsayers 9.25, and they looked ok for park and tranny, so I scooped one of those. Also got the new Dressen 56mm Mini Combos (101A up from 99a) and a couple of sets of liljawn rails.
I posted that doomsayers IG post in big boy thread, what are dimensions? Look so good
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 07:00:55 PM by jay_nev »

hmmmokay

« Reply #5808 on: December 22, 2020, 07:01:19 PM »

This was kind of an impulse buy but I also thought about it for a bit, I know that's contradictory. Either way, I love my 44's but I have a few larger boards, previously skated, that I want to get back to and 55's seemed like the move.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #5809 on: December 22, 2020, 09:01:18 PM »

This was kind of an impulse buy but I also thought about it for a bit, I know that's contradictory. Either way, I love my 44's but I have a few larger boards, previously skated, that I want to get back to and 55's seemed like the move.

I’ve been trying to decide between these and 6.1s

hmmmokay

« Reply #5810 on: December 23, 2020, 09:07:19 AM »
Expand Quote
(Ace 55's)

[close]

I’ve been trying to decide between these and 6.1s

I skated some 5.8's earlier in the year. They're very stable, but I've found that I just like Aces over anything else, plain and simple. I will say I just cruised around a bit on these 55's and they feel really solid, but still have that smooth Ace turn. Also, consider that 6.1 have 8.75in axles, whereas 55's have 9in axles. Not a huge difference on paper but I know that might sway some folks one way or the other.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #5811 on: December 23, 2020, 09:45:00 AM »
Damn I want some 55s. Someone here said they can stand on top of the whole curb on some 66s. That sounds very appealing to me. 

Not sure what deck I would want with the 66s and I might try the 55s first though. Love my 44s. Would 8.5 with 66s be crazy? I’ll keep my eyes peeled at the shop for fun shaped wide boards and slowly build a 66s setup. Seems like a variety of boards are coming back after the covid wipe out.

nothing's been the since same

Mink

• Rep: 4
« Reply #5812 on: December 23, 2020, 11:05:01 AM »
Damn I want some 55s. Someone here said they can stand on top of the whole curb on some 66s. That sounds very appealing to me. 

Not sure what deck I would want with the 66s and I might try the 55s first though. Love my 44s. Would 8.5 with 66s be crazy? I’ll keep my eyes peeled at the shop for fun shaped wide boards and slowly build a 66s setup. Seems like a variety of boards are coming back after the covid wipe out.

You are asking if having nearly 1" more axel than board is crazy?

Even 55s on an 8.5 popsicle doesn't make sense. You want 8.75 at the rear trucks for 55s.

I currently have my 55s on an 9.81 Gonz (about 8.75 at the back trucks). Fits perfectly with 58mm KeyFrames.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #5813 on: December 23, 2020, 11:08:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Even 55s on an 8.5 popsicle doesn't make sense. You want 8.75 at the rear trucks for 55s.

I currently have my 55s on an 9.81 Gonz (about 8.75 at the back trucks). Fits perfectly with 58mm KeyFrames.

Osama of carpet co does 66s on a standard sized popsicle. Not sure exactly what size but I believe it’s an 8.5

I just bought some 55s as well after loving my 44s haven’t set them up yet but probably gonna throw them on an 8.5. They look like they’ll be fine but I’ve also skated 169s on an 8.5 before so maybe I’m just crazy

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #5814 on: December 23, 2020, 11:13:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Osama of carpet co does 66s on a standard sized popsicle. Not sure exactly what size but I believe it’s an 8.5

I just bought some 55s as well after loving my 44s haven’t set them up yet but probably gonna throw them on an 8.5. They look like they’ll be fine but I’ve also skated 169s on an 8.5 before so maybe I’m just crazy

Pics

Mink

• Rep: 4
« Reply #5815 on: December 23, 2020, 11:14:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Just checked his insta and I'd bet that's the 8.75 pop.

Yeah, 55s on a full 8.5 I've done too. It's ok, but 159s or even 149s work better.

chris.

• Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5816 on: December 23, 2020, 12:37:35 PM »
8.5, 55, and sub 52 wheels is a strong combination. I keep one set up at all time and it always feels incredible.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #5817 on: December 23, 2020, 12:38:58 PM »
9-9.25"
55s
whatever size wheels.

this is the way.
ok thanks

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #5818 on: December 23, 2020, 01:59:15 PM »
I run my 55s on 8.75s & the overhang is negligible. Dunno about going with skinnier wood on the 55s though. I wouldn’t, but tha’s jus’ me.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #5819 on: December 23, 2020, 07:02:42 PM »
Goddammit!!!
What the hell is wrong w/ me?
I just pulled the trigger on an unnecessary 8th deck for the stash.
Thought I’d give Alltimers a few dollars since they signed my secret crush (Alexis) recently; picked up one of these without even seeing an image from above, because dumb me.
8.75” W x 32” L x 14.5” WB

Hope i like it. I’ll ride it (sooner or later) regardless.
Happy holidays to ME (again) I guess.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 07:11:19 PM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?