Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969690 times)

Rubbrick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 140
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #6391 on: March 29, 2021, 09:02:02 PM »

Picked up some dunks from cowtown. Finally found some in my size

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #6392 on: March 29, 2021, 09:53:04 PM »

Big come up

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #6393 on: March 30, 2021, 06:55:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Big come up
yeah these are super sharp. I’ll be trying for a pair. Cowtown did FCFS on their IG right? 

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #6394 on: March 30, 2021, 08:23:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Big come up
[close]
yeah these are super sharp. I’ll be trying for a pair. Cowtown did FCFS on their IG right?

Yeah, they posted it about it and sold them FCFS in store. I randomly saw the post right when they posted it and live like two blocks away. There was no line when I got there, and by the time I left there were 40~ people lined up outside

sketchyrider

« Reply #6395 on: March 30, 2021, 09:34:19 AM »
got an element flat bar in the mail. portable flat bar is kind of a childish accessory but it will spice up the shitty street "spots" around here.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9958

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

Fhk

« Reply #6397 on: March 30, 2021, 02:50:04 PM »

Jealous, those are so nice

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6398 on: April 01, 2021, 06:37:35 AM »

Arrived yesterday, super stoked since is the first pair of Half cabs for me in over 1 decade.
Ofc with white laces.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #6399 on: April 01, 2021, 11:45:09 AM »
https://www.google.com/search?q=ALOHA+SUPER+SHOES&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS852US852&sxsrf=ALeKk0123oc1zU-wE3fI0kG39aWKIatf2Q:1617071244562&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiK0O7o-9bvAhXiHTQIHeeMDGoQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1280&bih=530

Prices are just insane

Maybe it's different in the U.S., but the brown ones sat unsold at shops in Canada for a while (some still have them in stock), and the new grey ones appear to be doing the same. I think you could easily get a pair of these for retail price with a few minutes of googling if you wanted them. They're either not as limited as they were for the first couple releases, or nobody is into them.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #6400 on: April 01, 2021, 11:55:31 AM »
Got some ricta clouds 52 92. Game changer for skating the rough ground outside my house.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #6401 on: April 01, 2021, 11:58:46 AM »

Maybe it's different in the U.S., but the brown ones sat unsold at shops in Canada for a while (some still have them in stock), and the new grey ones appear to be doing the same. I think you could easily get a pair of these for retail price with a few minutes of googling if you wanted them. They're either not as limited as they were for the first couple releases, or nobody is into them.
I also saw the brown ones and the grey ones available for msrp or lower in my size yesterday. I think the first few runs were harder to come by and now that they've put out I think 4 colorways in the past 2 years they've cooled of a bit. I wish they were clearer about what they were for when they put them out. To me, they were pitched like a tribute shoe for chilling and I've never been clear on how skateable they are. They look alright but since I never held one in my hand I just kept it moving.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #6402 on: April 01, 2021, 04:57:55 PM »
Got some ricta clouds 52 92. Game changer for skating the rough ground outside my house.
I really love the 92 duro. I think I have them in 54? But super hood purchase

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6403 on: April 01, 2021, 06:50:27 PM »

Arrived yesterday, super stoked since is the first pair of Half cabs for me in over 1 decade.
Ofc with white laces.

got me a pair in trade recently, also first pair in a very long while. homie sent em with some SB insoles, which were nice, but I took a pair of insoles out of some èS accels and it's upped the half cab comfort game to unprecedented levels  :o

enjoy em
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Fhk

« Reply #6404 on: April 02, 2021, 05:54:49 PM »
Got a little d-runk on this Friday night after work and bought some more 8.25/8.38 TT's and some titanium 144 Indys.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6405 on: April 03, 2021, 07:47:26 AM »

Got all excited and ordered 2 Jack O’Grady decks from Humidity in early February.  One 8”, the other 8.38” (I skate decks between 8.12-8.25). 

They finally shipped them two weeks ago after harassing them and getting no response.  Why it took 6 weeks I don’t know.  When they finally got in touch with me I was reprimanded for emailing them instead of calling because they are understaffed and don’t have time to check their email. 

Pretty frustrating experience and I ended up with 2 decks in sizes that I don’t even skate.  One will be a wall board I suppose. 

TL;DR: I made an impulse buy that didn’t work out in any way.  At least I supported my boy Jack in some small way.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #6406 on: April 03, 2021, 08:02:00 AM »

Got all excited and ordered 2 Jack O’Grady decks from Humidity in early February.  One 8”, the other 8.38” (I skate decks between 8.12-8.25). 

They finally shipped them two weeks ago after harassing them and getting no response.  Why it took 6 weeks I don’t know.  When they finally got in touch with me I was reprimanded for emailing them instead of calling because they are understaffed and don’t have time to check their email. 

Pretty frustrating experience and I ended up with 2 decks in sizes that I don’t even skate.  One will be a wall board I suppose. 

TL;DR: I made an impulse buy that didn’t work out in any way.  At least I supported my boy Jack in some small way.

Any business that doesn't check/reply to emails is seriously blowing it. Once I emailed a doctor's office once because I needed to verify an appointment date and never got a response. I believe I tried calling but the line was busy. So I missed the appointment, was told over the phone that "We don't check our emails" and that I needed to pay $50 to reschedule. Like you want me to pay for your lack of communication? I just said fuck it and looked for another doctor.

Fhk

« Reply #6407 on: April 03, 2021, 11:48:33 AM »

If you would like to sell either of them, I would be interested young fella

Surf The Earth

• Rep: 19
« Reply #6408 on: April 03, 2021, 12:33:23 PM »

never had decks on ice, how do yall deal with this temptation to set up stuff you dont need?!
Proverbs 27:17

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #6409 on: April 03, 2021, 01:11:31 PM »

never had decks on ice, how do yall deal with this temptation to set up stuff you dont need?!
whatever you do keep it wrapped up

had some decks "on ice" and made the mistake of gripping them. wasted a week testing them lightly, at least i figured out what was staying set up and what was going to storage
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6410 on: April 03, 2021, 05:30:28 PM »

you have great taste. Got the 1991 as well and the Dane 9” been in my cart all week. How are you setting them up? 

Surf The Earth

• Rep: 19
« Reply #6411 on: April 03, 2021, 10:57:30 PM »
^ thank you! well I am on a Dane1 right now with ace 55s and conical fulls. these were for later down the line when the Dane1 is toast. buuuuut I have a set of 159 Ti with conical fulls I might put on the Dane 1 and set up the popsicle next. To be honest I have no idea yet haha. too many good options to choose, which is a blessing for sure
Proverbs 27:17

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #6412 on: April 05, 2021, 11:14:08 PM »
The madness continues...if the specs hold up this could be fun as AF.

AWS OG Logo Repeater
https://www.alienworkshop.com/products/og-logo-repeater-8-5

WIDTH (IN):   8.625
LENGTH (IN):   31.75
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.125

Fhk

« Reply #6413 on: April 06, 2021, 02:32:49 AM »
The madness continues...if the specs hold up this could be fun as AF.

AWS OG Logo Repeater
https://www.alienworkshop.com/products/og-logo-repeater-8-5

WIDTH (IN):   8.625
LENGTH (IN):   31.75
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.125

The specs on the AWS site have always been good to me. Those are great measurements too

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #6414 on: April 06, 2021, 03:45:19 AM »

Set them up and buy more. And then just keep doing that.

At one point I had a stack of probably 30 decks that I had set up and either not liked or just lost interest in and I don't think any of them had more than 4-5 sessions worth of wear. I've gotten better about it as I've refined and narrowed the scope of what I like and most of what I skate now stays in a fairly tidy box. It definitely helps that my two favorite companies both have shapes that I love (half of the scumco PS shapes and DOA flat as fuck) so I haven't been buying as many decks lately.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6415 on: April 06, 2021, 03:47:35 AM »

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #6416 on: April 07, 2021, 10:02:54 AM »

-Transportation Unit "Oohhohoho Pelliccannnn" x2 (Ive never ridden the super tanker shape but I am stupid and stupid with money so I bought two)
-Slimeballs Guts in 56mm and 53mm (I swap wheels for my mini ramp and street, then back to the 56 for park/bowl)
-Bronson Raws for the 53mm, Ceramics for the 56mm (like I said, stupid/stupid)
-Some Plague hardware, my Bender order isnt here yet, but I had this from a Shrunken Head PDX order
-no name no branding risers!! fuck yeah!!!
-Mob of course.

the real question....set it up and skate it with the slightly worn, plenty of life, nicely broken in 55 Classics in the photo? or hold out for full-blown Christmas Complete and AF1 66s?
ok thanks

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #6417 on: April 07, 2021, 10:19:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Apparently I had an Amazon gift card balance I was unaware of so...

[close]

Please report back your thoughts. Thinking about ordering some shortly.
[close]

Included speed rings are wonky as fuck shape-wise, I have not seen such low quality speed rings before (you can see how off they are in the pic) they are almost oblong shaped but seem to be flat which is all that matters. I think the ring is wider overall - compared to stock thunder and indy washers for sure - and seems to be made to cover/overlap the entire inner race. Nit picking here.

They follow the 'balls out' design of all Bronson's. Thin red line faces out.

Set them up in spit tablets, no issues with the spacers being too wide, bearings sit flush in their seats. Minimal play inside for the spacer.

First roll, they're smooth and really quiet, but it's going to be a while before they break in; will report back.

Not having the case's lid click to lock into place is really annoying, it just falls off unless you store it upright = rubber band to the rescue; I've got the bones bearing cleaning kit so I doubt I will ever use this to clean anything (but I will store cleaned bearings in it).
[close]

Super good initial feedback. Thank you. My shop hooked me up with a BCU and while pretty nifty and handy, I fully agree that the lack of snap-on or clasp for the lid is a really stupid oversight. Thanks again and keep the updates coming!!!!

They've broken in it feels like, much faster, a little louder but....that's about it really. If I had to guess this is more of a few months of wear and tera scenario. So far so good though.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #6418 on: April 07, 2021, 11:01:52 AM »
Just placed an order at orchard.
Got a slipmay with the logo on it and some hardware and those wooden dlx risers. Going to reset my cruiser up with those quantum bearings but I can’t for the life of me find my ventures that fit and it’s driving me nuts

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #6419 on: April 07, 2021, 02:11:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Apparently I had an Amazon gift card balance I was unaware of so...

[close]

Please report back your thoughts. Thinking about ordering some shortly.
[close]

Included speed rings are wonky as fuck shape-wise, I have not seen such low quality speed rings before (you can see how off they are in the pic) they are almost oblong shaped but seem to be flat which is all that matters. I think the ring is wider overall - compared to stock thunder and indy washers for sure - and seems to be made to cover/overlap the entire inner race. Nit picking here.

They follow the 'balls out' design of all Bronson's. Thin red line faces out.

Set them up in spit tablets, no issues with the spacers being too wide, bearings sit flush in their seats. Minimal play inside for the spacer.

First roll, they're smooth and really quiet, but it's going to be a while before they break in; will report back.

Not having the case's lid click to lock into place is really annoying, it just falls off unless you store it upright = rubber band to the rescue; I've got the bones bearing cleaning kit so I doubt I will ever use this to clean anything (but I will store cleaned bearings in it).
[close]

Super good initial feedback. Thank you. My shop hooked me up with a BCU and while pretty nifty and handy, I fully agree that the lack of snap-on or clasp for the lid is a really stupid oversight. Thanks again and keep the updates coming!!!!
[close]

They've broken in it feels like, much faster, a little louder but....that's about it really. If I had to guess this is more of a few months of wear and tera scenario. So far so good though.

A cleaning case that doesn’t close properly sounds like a mess waiting to happen.