Author Topic: 2 NYPD Officers Shot Execution Style  (Read 12426 times)

essal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
Re: 2 NYPD Officers Shot Execution Style
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2014, 06:06:45 AM »
Expand Quote
When are the "Police lives matter" protests starting? How many reps will the WH send to their funerals?
[close]
When the police lives start to matter possitively in our lives.
Would you rather live in a city with no cops? With NYCs history, I sure as hell wouldn't live there without cops...

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2014, 06:35:04 AM »
http://nypost.com/2014/12/20/2-nypd-cops-shot-execution-style-in-brooklyn/

You guys have surely heard about this right? It happened not too far away from me and I actually heard the gun shots. Crazy how lots of people in American Politics are blaming either De Blasio or Obama now.

Myrtle Willoughby was where my last apartment was. I ate at Mike's Pizza on that corner every week, and would usually take the slice outside and eat it on that corner. Not to trivialize the situation, but it took me an extra three hours round trip to get where I needed to go Saturday. I wasn't feeling that.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2014, 07:29:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
thank god he killed those cops, everything is perfect for black people now.
[close]
That's what we were hoping for at the Black People Meeting.
[close]

I always knew Blackpeoplemeet.com would lead to trouble. 

All I could think of after reading this was this scene from Get Rich Or Die Trying...

I had similar thoughts, first thing I thought of was the Pappy Mason and Bebo's incident in Jamacia, Queens. I didn't subject myself to that 50 cent movie but i assume thats what that scene is based on considering he mentions it in his songs (many other rappers have to such as Nas does on the World is Yours and Get Down.)

GoodguyEh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2014, 07:39:05 AM »
 Sure there are plenty of racist, crooked cops, but does that mean every single person who decides to be a cop deserves to be shot dead in the streets and have everyone tell their family they deserved it? What those cops did was wrong, theres no denying that, but killing cops isn't going to just fix all the problems, its only going to make it worse. The people who are for the death of those cops are probably the same liberal extremists who are AGAINST the death penalty. an eye for an eye keeps the whole world blind.

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2014, 08:04:06 AM »
if there werent so many guns in america this wouldnt have happened.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2014, 08:31:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
When are the "Police lives matter" protests starting? How many reps will the WH send to their funerals?
[close]
[close]
Would you rather live in a city with no cops? With NYCs history, I sure as hell wouldn't live there without cops...
No but I would rather a city that its politics require less cops every year.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2014, 08:44:49 AM »
There's gonna be a war, man. I can see it. There's gonna be a war between the blacks and between the whites. You ain't even gonna need a uniform no more. This ain't gonna be a war where you pick your side. Your side's already picked for you...

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2014, 10:00:48 AM »
If i couldnt personally shoot those cops (which i couldnt, I dont have courage to despise somthing so purely) then i also could not support those who shoot them for me.  Kind off a catch 22   "Cops" are all bad tho in my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 10:07:30 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2014, 10:19:19 AM »
funny Hitler had a similar idea about Germany during WWII

dillanharp

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2014, 11:27:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
You mean like society is so great that it wouldn't need as many cops? Hey me too! Where is this magical place?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:30:19 AM by Nallid »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2014, 11:39:05 AM »
wow, this thread is terrible. the quality of political discussion is really tanking here.

Expand Quote
[close]

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2014, 11:46:54 AM »
There is a lot of stupid shit being said in this thread. No, no one wants to live in a policeless, anarchistic society. But the current system is failing miserably as well.

Basically, it all boils down to accountability. Police have been shown time and time again that they will not be held accountable for their actions, regardless of how egregious they are. They are literally getting away wth murder, which ultimately perpetuates the problem, starting a snowball effect.

And the public has tried to put faith in the proper channels of resistance, trusting in court systems to bring justice, but the courts have failed them on every account. Protesting is shown useless, and often broken up, or demonized by authority figures... Lumping protesters and petitioners together with conspiracy/anarchist hooligans, belittling the righteous cries for justice as "America hating liberals."

So what are people to do? I don't necessarily agree with retaliation killings... But I understand why people are so angry. Some people feel like there isn't anything else to do but fight with violence. The peaceful tactics have made no ground, and the American public is told time and time again that their authority figures are above the law, and that we are just supposed to live with it.

I don't have an answer. The justice system has failed us, over and over.  I don't neccisairly think violence is the right answer, but if you have a better solution, there's an entire country waiting to hear it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:50:18 AM by via »

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2014, 12:25:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i really wanted to write something intelligent here, but i guess i cant top that.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2014, 01:34:35 PM »

There was 1 cop who had a gun pulled (as in the trigger squeezed) right in his face, the only reason he didn't die was because the weapon failed. Perp also tried to off himself, but the fucker couldn't even function his gun. Perp is still wasting our oxygen.
Another guy in Harlem went into a station and fought with some officers, one officer got a broken arm.

NYC is going back to the war years from the 70s.
Shut up you ignorant asshole. Did any of them get to walk free after attacking an officer? Because that is what happens EVERY TIME a cop abuses or murders somebody, no matter how illegally they act.
NYC's problems are stemming from the lack of trust in the Police. The simple fact is, when people don't trust law enforcement, it loses its authority and puts its own members at risk.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
You mean like society is so great that it wouldn't need as many cops? Hey me too! Where is this magical place?

Go to any town with a top-notch education system. Those places tend to have very few police and very little crime. Police are like bandaids when it comes to crime- they may temporarily stop the bleeding, but they don't have a larger effect than that. What matters much more are things like education and economic opportunity. Basically, stability and opportunity are the best way to prevent crime.

Also, I love the idea that Hitler was the only government leader who called for gun control, or that it had anything to do with the holocaust. Most of Europe has strict gun control laws to this day, is there another holocaust happening there?
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Stupid false choice. In no other field of government when there is a call for reform do people say "Do you really think we'd be better off if X didn't exist?" Only cops and cop sympathizers say that. Reform doesn't mean elimination, it means oversight.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

shark tits

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2014, 02:42:19 PM »
not relevant to anyone's posts but i'd just like to add cops don't 'stop' too many crimes from happening. they bust balls after the fact and grab somebody for it some of the time. might be the right guy, may not be but it's always afterwards. they don't prevent shit they just arrive afterwards and make the victim relive it, eat free fast food and tell jokes. if anyone else performed their jobs as poorly as the police they'd be fired and fined at the least.
that's not taking into account the murders which contrary to social media, are a rather rare occurence. we;re just made cognizant of it these days via iphones. to just whoop ass on a day to day basis [not all cops but every day tons of ass is whoooped!] would not be acceptable in any other line of work.
i think an armed populace would be preferable to the police having the monopooly on being armed. it would be dangerous immediately but people would get it together over time. an uneasy mutual respect would develop, i'd like to think.
people are inherently greedy but most are killers. we're ok w/ murder and slavery as it maintains our status quo but if we no longer outsourced those sorts of ugly behavior i think it'd dry up somewhat. not too many small scale farmers keep their hens in tiny cages so in that manner i believe we as a species can get it together but it's a pipe dream and not likely to be seen in our lifetime.
if anything cop murder will solidify the masses that ghetto denizens are the bad scary people they're portrayed on tv [and some of em are truth be told] and cops will be above reproach like post 9/11 you were 'w/ the terrorists' if you questioned bush.
i hope not and that enough of home videos like oscar grant will sway people to what's going on  but human nature is to look for stuff that confirms our world view not challenges it.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1595
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2014, 05:59:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Didn't he shoot his ex too?  No ones sayin....'I mean chicks should really stop being BITCHES....'
[close]
When a chick is a bitch, the appropriate action is to dump her. What is the appropriate action to take when cops are allowed to murder and the justice system won't hold them responsible? Murdering unrelated cops may not be the answer, but its not a surprise people have gone there, they probably will continue to do so as well.

The guy is a murderer....I'm not saying there's not a problem....but look at his history.....After you kill your ex....i just have a tough time having sympathy for you.....get the looting in St. Louis but this guy?  I think it shows how desensitized we are....violence against women?  Meh....kinda boring....gun control? Nah....the culture of violence?  You're kidding me.....

steamedchickinclaws

• Rep: 5
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2014, 06:23:47 PM »
i think ill stay inside my suburb mkay

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2014, 09:37:35 PM »
not relevant to anyone's posts but i'd just like to add cops don't 'stop' too many crimes from happening. they bust balls after the fact and grab somebody for it some of the time. might be the right guy, may not be but it's always afterwards. they don't prevent shit they just arrive afterwards and make the victim relive it, eat free fast food and tell jokes. if anyone else performed their jobs as poorly as the police they'd be fired and fined at the least.
that's not taking into account the murders which contrary to social media, are a rather rare occurence. we;re just made cognizant of it these days via iphones. to just whoop ass on a day to day basis [not all cops but every day tons of ass is whoooped!] would not be acceptable in any other line of work.
i think an armed populace would be preferable to the police having the monopooly on being armed. it would be dangerous immediately but people would get it together over time. an uneasy mutual respect would develop, i'd like to think.
people are inherently greedy but most are killers. we're ok w/ murder and slavery as it maintains our status quo but if we no longer outsourced those sorts of ugly behavior i think it'd dry up somewhat. not too many small scale farmers keep their hens in tiny cages so in that manner i believe we as a species can get it together but it's a pipe dream and not likely to be seen in our lifetime.
if anything cop murder will solidify the masses that ghetto denizens are the bad scary people they're portrayed on tv [and some of em are truth be told] and cops will be above reproach like post 9/11 you were 'w/ the terrorists' if you questioned bush.
i hope not and that enough of home videos like oscar grant will sway people to what's going on  but human nature is to look for stuff that confirms our world view not challenges it.
Yeah, that's a regular complaint I hear kids in rough areas say. They say if you call the police about a shooting or other violent act, you have to wait like an hour for them to get there, because it seems like they wait until things cool down. Usually the best way to get them to come quick is to complain about kids loitering on your front stoop or something. Again, there are a lot of reforms that need to be made.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Didn't he shoot his ex too?  No ones sayin....'I mean chicks should really stop being BITCHES....'
[close]
When a chick is a bitch, the appropriate action is to dump her. What is the appropriate action to take when cops are allowed to murder and the justice system won't hold them responsible? Murdering unrelated cops may not be the answer, but its not a surprise people have gone there, they probably will continue to do so as well.
[close]

The guy is a murderer....I'm not saying there's not a problem....but look at his history.....After you kill your ex....i just have a tough time having sympathy for you.....get the looting in St. Louis but this guy?  I think it shows how desensitized we are....violence against women?  Meh....kinda boring....gun control? Nah....the culture of violence?  You're kidding me.....

No doubt, all I was saying is that shooting his girlfriend was just wrong, and needs no discussion.
A question I have is, why did he just talking about killing cops on his insta? If he really killed his girlfriend, why not bring her up beforehand in some way as well? Not saying he definitely didn't, but what is the evidence he did? (Genuine question, not for the sake of argument)
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

shark tits

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2014, 09:48:06 PM »
^ i don't wanna get carried away on conspiracy but supposing he didn't kill his gf, the media can make anyone seem like  the biggest kid touching piece of shit ever. i've read a few books on whitey bulger and asides saying he snitched to the feds [he may have but i seen a documentary that makes it seem like he just paid off the right ones] they say he molested kids. just total character assassination.
in stephen king's 'the running man' they would also give spurious allegations to the hunted people drafted onto that game show in order for 'normal' people to snitch on them and celebrate their murder by the state instead of having solidarity.
i don't think the news is 100% wrong but it's prolly 50% wrong on every story. like if you don't have a first hand account then you're just running w/ some half assed gossip. shit, extend that to history but that's another story.
i just hope if this persists in happening it doesn't lead to a police state.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1529
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2014, 12:23:57 AM »
There is a lot of stupid shit being said in this thread. No, no one wants to live in a policeless, anarchistic society. But the current system is failing miserably as well.

Basically, it all boils down to accountability. Police have been shown time and time again that they will not be held accountable for their actions, regardless of how egregious they are. They are literally getting away wth murder, which ultimately perpetuates the problem, starting a snowball effect.

And the public has tried to put faith in the proper channels of resistance, trusting in court systems to bring justice, but the courts have failed them on every account. Protesting is shown useless, and often broken up, or demonized by authority figures... Lumping protesters and petitioners together with conspiracy/anarchist hooligans, belittling the righteous cries for justice as "America hating liberals."

So what are people to do? I don't necessarily agree with retaliation killings... But I understand why people are so angry. Some people feel like there isn't anything else to do but fight with violence. The peaceful tactics have made no ground, and the American public is told time and time again that their authority figures are above the law, and that we are just supposed to live with it.

I don't have an answer. The justice system has failed us, over and over.  I don't neccisairly think violence is the right answer, but if you have a better solution, there's an entire country waiting to hear it.

This.

Also, if a police officer's life has so much more value than that of a civilian, their actions should be under more scrutiny - their mistakes have a much larger impact and they need to be held accountable.

Jack Hoffe

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2014, 12:47:26 AM »

via

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2014, 01:13:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This.

Also, if a police officer's life has so much more value than that of a civilian, their actions should be under more scrutiny - their mistakes have a much larger impact and they need to be held accountable.

This point is something that's rarely touched on as well. There should be zero tolerance for an "accidental" death at the hands of a police officer. No one has forced them to be in the line of fire, so to speak. Being an officer is a career chosen and persued, with training for high stress situations. If you have signed up as a person to be trusted with lethal weapons to uphold law, when you make a mistake with one, it should come with a higher consequence than that of someone with no training (or at least the same consequence). If you can't be trusted with calm, split second decision making, you should not be trusted with high stress situations, much less a lethal weapon on top of it.

"Oops" is not an acceptable answer when you're talking about life and death. If a cop feels threatened by an unarmed teenager, and feels he cannot best him physically, in a non lethal way, he should not be a cop.

shark tits

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2014, 01:55:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

This.

[close]

This point is something that's rarely touched on as well. There should be zero tolerance for an "accidental" death at the hands of a police officer. No one has forced them to be in the line of fire, so to speak. Being an officer is a career chosen and persued, with training for high stress situations. If you have signed up as a person to be trusted with lethal weapons to uphold law, when you make a mistake with one, it should come with a higher consequence than that of someone with no training (or at least the same consequence). If you can't be trusted with calm, split second decision making, you should not be trusted with high stress situations, much less a lethal weapon on top of it.

"Oops" is not an acceptable answer when you're talking about life and death. If a cop feels threatened by an unarmed teenager, and feels he cannot best him physically, in a non lethal way, he should not be a cop.
preach!
or as an old friend from my neighborhood put it 'if you can't go toe to toe w/ a stoned teenager, you're a punk'.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2014, 03:47:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

This.

[close]

which shootings are you guys referring too? i'm assuming the bart shooting because that's the only one i recall being explained as an accident and not as a justified which is an entirely different thing. none of the recent shootings have been explained as accidental unless i've missed something.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2014, 04:11:15 AM »
Gipper, any suggestion to some actual reforms that could turn the NYPD (and the rest of US LEO agencies) into something better or at least more trustworthy? I know NYPD has a long and dark past with corruption and crooked cops, but that shit was pretty much ironed out prior to the 90s..
If you are talking about society wide reforms like free quality education and stuff then I agree with you to some extent, but living in a country with FREE university education not all people choose to go that route, some people are still assholes. It's a fine mix of your local environment and your family, in my opinion.
But I'm very interested in hearing your ideas none the less.

And cops prevent some crime. We had a recent surge of patroling police due to a terror threat, and guess what, crime went down a shit ton (I think it was 40%, cannot remember the exact number). They cannot prevent everything, because they can't be everywhere without it turning into a police state, which nobody wants.

In case you guys are wondering, I'm not a believer that cops should be allowed to shoot random people at will. They should be trailed if there is even a small belief that they acted outside of their allowed use of force. Just like any citizen with a CCW should be. However, in the recent Brown and Garner case, all officers was found not guilty of excessive UOF. The Garner case even has a clear HD video of it all happening. If the DA and grand juries are that fucked up that they cannot pick right from wrong (according to the laws and the police techniques), then there is a much larger problem than the police. How you can fix that shit? Get into politics.

via

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2014, 04:15:22 AM »
Sleazy,

I was just waking up when I wrote that, and explained myself a little poorly. Accident might not have been the best word. Generally, I meant that any case that did not require lethal force, and yet lethal force was still used, should be tried as a murder. Not necessarily guns every time, though guns are a cops favorite method. If they did not need to kill the accused perp, then it should be charged as a murder. Any case, including, yet not limited to, "I thought his cell phone was a gun." "He wouldn't get out of his car" "he was verbally threatening me", "he was resisting so I choked him", ect ect ect.

Any case that the cops life was not in danger, and yet the cop used lethal force, is what I was realty gettig at, and that police should also be held to a higher standard with those cases, as they are the professionals who volunteered and were trained for the job.    

via

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2014, 04:20:27 AM »
any suggestion to some actual reforms that could turn the NYPD (and the rest of US LEO agencies) into something better or at least more trustworthy

Like I said in my first post, it's all accountability. As soon as wreckless police are held accountable in court for their actions, their peers (most, not all) will think twice before acting flagrantly, and most will fall in line. There will always be a meathead who will abuse his power, but there's no preventing that. The goal is to stop it from being so widespread. As soon as police are tried for murder in these cases, we will be in the right track.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2014, 04:53:24 AM »
any suggestion to some actual reforms that could turn the NYPD (and the rest of US LEO agencies) into something better or at least more trustworthy
Look at the tree and miss the forest....

The minimum reforms are wealth redistribution, more chances for education and more economical opportunities for the poor. All these cost money that the wealthy dont want to pay as they hate taxes. Police to provide their safety and their property's safety is cheaper and also provided mostly from the middle class taxes. So obviously they prefer the present situation with more police unless it becomes so uncontrollable that threatens their profits and property.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 04:59:50 AM by Tufty »

shark tits

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2014, 05:10:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Look at the tree and miss the forest....

The minimum reforms are wealth redistribution, more chances for education and more economical opportunities for the poor. All these cost money that the wealthy dont want to pay as they hate taxes. Police to provide their safety and their property's safety is cheaper and also provided mostly from the middle class taxes. So obviously they prefer the present situation with more police unless it becomes so uncontrollable that threatens their profits and property.
tufty, you're too pie in the sky. for starters i'd recommend cameras on the cops and different DA's that aren't so cozy w/ the cops. charges gotta stick to the cops the same as they would to a normal civilian. it's a bit brave new world but what we have now is scary new world so i think it'd be a good start. then you know, down the road we can make stuff more equal financially and legalize skating in public places instead of having security guards.
first things first we need to get the cops to stop BTK-ing the population.
i was pondering how the first time the red sox won the series in forever, a white girl was killed by rubber bullet. that should've been a bigger deal than it was and if 'less lethal' weapons are killing people then maybe we need to shitcan the use of them.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2014, 05:51:38 AM »
 No I provide real solutions and not bullshit communication tricks that wealthy people pull out of the closet everytime people start to realise that they are being fucked over.