Author Topic: BATB 8  (Read 186044 times)

Jerkstore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
Re: BATB 8
« Reply #270 on: April 04, 2015, 06:49:36 AM »
That Kevin guy was awful...

Why do they allow guys like him in it

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #271 on: April 04, 2015, 07:02:06 AM »
The only semi-interesting thing from this game was that now we know Chris Joslin can do tricks consistently on flat and not just down stuff. Other then that it was terrible.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 07:46:14 AM by poopnutsupreme »
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #272 on: April 04, 2015, 07:09:38 AM »
That Kevin guy was awful...

Why do they allow guys like him in it
he probably kills it otherwise, but like most new guys in batb, he choked.

149cleveland

• Rep: 0
« Reply #273 on: April 04, 2015, 07:59:37 AM »
Luan has ruined batb for me. If they're not skating fast I just stop watching.

Avicci

• Rep: -71
« Reply #274 on: April 04, 2015, 08:17:25 AM »
varial flip? really?, jesus christ, put me in this fucking game. These Joes styles are HORRENDOUS.

"chill out on the yo flips theo we only want whats best for you!"

FrenchFuck

« Reply #275 on: April 04, 2015, 08:35:42 AM »
I'd pay money to see you chumps play a game vs pros

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #276 on: April 04, 2015, 08:42:44 AM »
Loser.

jomeara1

« Reply #277 on: April 04, 2015, 08:46:53 AM »
At first I didn't even know Kevin Ramsey was part of that Battle for Aberrica bullshit I thought he was just another pro/am that I never heard of before.  Aside from that, it wasn't the worst game I've ever seen.  At least Kevin held it down for a little while and I don't blame him for being nervous.  It just irritates me when some of these guys lose on variel flips.  I guess I shouldn't say anything though because I suck at that trick as well.

water cooler

• Rep: -18
  • hello
« Reply #278 on: April 04, 2015, 09:03:16 AM »
So that Kevin Ramsay kid was voted in this thing over Daewon and Gonz? Has Berra come out and at least admitted yet that the vote was a complete fraud?

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #279 on: April 04, 2015, 09:03:45 AM »
Shoot  the Kevin guy out skateboard. Who lose a game on Varial flips?

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #280 on: April 04, 2015, 09:22:24 AM »
Sorta hyped that a varial flip was the winning trick, to be honest.

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #281 on: April 04, 2015, 10:23:03 AM »
I understand the Joes are nervous and all but he missed a b/s flip. Come on.

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

wattscain

« Reply #282 on: April 04, 2015, 10:33:16 AM »
So that Kevin Ramsay kid was voted in this thing over Daewon and Gonz? Has Berra come out and at least admitted yet that the vote was a complete fraud?

You assume that Daewon or Gonz wanted to be in the BATB. Even if they were voted in, that doesn't mean they had to or even wanted to participate. I have no reason to assume the voting wasn't legit. It makes more sense that they had to balance votes with people's schedules, injuries, or just plain desire to do it. Mike Mo isn't in it and I would put money on that he got votes (he was on the list) especially since similar winners got in like Cole, PJ and Rodriguez. But Mike Mo is still injured so I'm certain that bumped someone else up.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #283 on: April 04, 2015, 10:50:46 AM »
Joslin looks like a fucked up leprechaun or Toreys fuglier ass brother.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #284 on: April 04, 2015, 11:08:51 AM »
both dudes in today's game traded in their style for a plate of diarrhea

UL8

• Rep: 29
« Reply #285 on: April 04, 2015, 11:51:46 AM »
A pair of somewhat skinny jeans with an rds logo embroidered on them.....Never thought I'd see the day.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #286 on: April 04, 2015, 12:16:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You assume that Daewon or Gonz wanted to be in the BATB. Even if they were voted in, that doesn't mean they had to or even wanted to participate. I have no reason to assume the voting wasn't legit. It makes more sense that they had to balance votes with people's schedules, injuries, or just plain desire to do it. Mike Mo isn't in it and I would put money on that he got votes (he was on the list) especially since similar winners got in like Cole, PJ and Rodriguez. But Mike Mo is still injured so I'm certain that bumped someone else up.

It goes to show that they just put names on to generate traffic. If you put people on a list where people believe they're voting for them to skate in a contest, and they haven't even confirmed that the person is willing to participate, that makes the poll not legit.

wattscain

« Reply #287 on: April 04, 2015, 12:32:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It goes to show that they just put names on to generate traffic. If you put people on a list where people believe they're voting for them to skate in a contest, and they haven't even confirmed that the person is willing to participate, that makes the poll not legit.

And I'm quite okay with that if that was their goal. The Berrics is the last place I look for a pure example of democracy. As long as they put out good videos, whatever their method, I'm happy. Would you want to be the person to call around and see who is available and who is not considering the number of pros out there? It's probably more feasible to just throw the names out there and see what sticks.

Also don't people get nominated to do things all the time but decline. Kind of like write in votes on a ballot, it doesn't make the election less legitimate.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 12:49:09 PM by Lizzie Borden »

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #288 on: April 04, 2015, 01:06:25 PM »
You people are stupid as hell. I mean who the fuck even does varial flips?! Yeah most people probably can land them regardless but that dude probably NEVER does them. I mean he landed a hardlfip back 180 and you are saying he sucks because he didn't land a varial flip in two tries?

PS: I love Dan Lu.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 01:09:56 PM by Jud Nestorkins »

DGKALIS

• Rep: 533
« Reply #289 on: April 04, 2015, 01:11:31 PM »
Whats funny to me is every game goes from good looking popped and usually fast skating.... to out of nowhere... slow and non popped skidded and slid tricks..lol. I lose interest right at that point.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #290 on: April 04, 2015, 01:28:15 PM »
Varial flips are cool.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #291 on: April 04, 2015, 01:29:20 PM »
Whats funny to me is every game goes from good looking popped and usually fast skating.... to out of nowhere... slow and non popped skidded and slid tricks..lol. I lose interest right at that point.
That's probably right when their adrenalin runs out and they get wobble legs.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

Crybaby Shithead

• Rep: -44
« Reply #292 on: April 04, 2015, 01:53:17 PM »
Varial flips are cool.

varial heels are acceptable

Alex

• Rep: -13
« Reply #293 on: April 04, 2015, 02:30:31 PM »
That Kevin guy seemed the pinnacle of the boring Canadian skater archetype: fully fitted in dope-ass-chill-ass Red Dragons Apparel, no affect to his voice, and rocking some nice ear buds (bumping sweet sounds, we can only assume; like Nickelback).

Also, what a strange chin. I'm 99.99% certain a young skater boi like him wouldn't go under the knife; but, in any other circumstances, I'd assume you'd only get a chin like that via plastic surgery.

And, unrelated to this kid, does anyone else find Canadian skaters, on average, more bland? Like, even if their maneuvers are gnarly, their footage is more likely to just come off kind of staid? In a nationality-based sense, I'd say Canadians are the antithesis of Australians; the latter group seemly producing the most watchable, raucous, getting-buck skaters per capita.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #294 on: April 04, 2015, 02:41:56 PM »
Kevin is much better than that, he's not amazing but not varial flip bail bad. I think berra gave joslin the easiest match in part with his turning pro and battle commander

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #295 on: April 04, 2015, 02:43:48 PM »
Shoot the Kevin guy out skateboard. Who lose a game on Varial flips?
Back in 09 one of the local shops here held a game of skate contest for some free product. I decided to enter. The dude I played had me at T and pulled out a varial flip as his last trick. I could hear the crowd collectively go "awwww" in a disappointed manner when he landed it. I can do them, but not that consistent. I ended up losing.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, I feel your pain Kevin.... I feel your pain.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #296 on: April 04, 2015, 02:48:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

And I'm quite okay with that if that was their goal. The Berrics is the last place I look for a pure example of democracy. As long as they put out good videos, whatever their method, I'm happy. Would you want to be the person to call around and see who is available and who is not considering the number of pros out there? It's probably more feasible to just throw the names out there and see what sticks.

Also don't people get nominated to do things all the time but decline. Kind of like write in votes on a ballot, it doesn't make the election less legitimate.

Part of what makes it funny/annoying is Berra bitched about Nyjah not winning SOTY after he received the most votes on Thrasher's website and how it's bullshit to put up the poll and not listen to the kids that voted for him.  That's why he started his whole "people's choice" thing on The Berrics (which, ironically, Nyjah didn't win either).  So to complain about Thrasher not listening to people's votes only to then not listen to people's vote regarding BATB is a little if not hypocritical, then definitely stupid, don't you think?  It wouldn't matter if these people who received the most votes weren't in BATB if Berra hadn't taken Thrasher to task for doing something that he himself does.

water cooler

• Rep: -18
  • hello
« Reply #297 on: April 04, 2015, 02:58:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

But wouldn't they at least have announced the real winners and then made substitutions accordingly?

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #298 on: April 04, 2015, 03:10:35 PM »
That Kevin guy seemed the pinnacle of the boring Canadian skater archetype: fully fitted in dope-ass-chill-ass Red Dragons Apparel, no affect to his voice, and rocking some nice ear buds (bumping sweet sounds, we can only assume; like Nickelback).
That's the west coast.

wattscain

« Reply #299 on: April 04, 2015, 04:00:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

But wouldn't they at least have announced the real winners and then made substitutions accordingly?

That's an interesting point but I can't really comment on that (meaning: I have no idea). I said what I said earlier because I know from a super reliable source that there was a pro from BATB2 that was voted in but declined. I guess what's the point of announcing anything you can't follow through on so just announce who can do it.

Not saying that you are, but I'm not in the camp of thinking that there was a conspiracy afoot.