Author Topic: BATB 8  (Read 186310 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 216
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: BATB 8
« Reply #360 on: April 08, 2015, 10:04:14 PM »
People who argue this much about pointless shit on the net typically go and get a room together :-*

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #361 on: April 09, 2015, 12:25:51 AM »

Beef Art Thou Bored
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 12:28:05 AM by Wall of Nausea »

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #362 on: April 09, 2015, 12:31:17 AM »
^ Thank you for making me remember about this video

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #363 on: April 09, 2015, 12:54:40 AM »
Well, this thread took an up turn. 39
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #364 on: April 09, 2015, 06:23:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nah... They typically put all tries in there.
[close]

Late response from me. Didn't noticed you posted this. I disagree that they put all the tries in there. Look at the Pudwill v Sewa game. At the end of the game interview, they show a miss from Sewa and Pudwill that were not in the game. I guess because the two misses put them back where they started so why show them. Of course that's just one example and I always wondered why in the older games when participants would say their game was long yet they were all edited to relatively the same length.

I don't doubt any pros ability to be consistent, but after 7 of these events, I'm certain there is more editing than it appears. It's like you guys spending 2 to 3 hours to produce 10 second trick.
[close]

<typically, slap posters have low reading comprehension>
[close]

Yeah, this is a silly response to my statement. I don't think there was any confusion about the nature of this discussion. Yet you focused on one word that really does not tap into the theme of the conversation. Pretty shallow response. However, I'll play along. How about this to satisfy your sense of reading comprehension:

DGKalis: "They typically put all the tries in there."

Lizzie Borden: "They typically don't"

Problem solved
[close]

silly response, sure. humor was intended. but i did focus on a key word that you, for some reason, neglected. this word plays a crucial role in josh's statement. to help you out: you could substitute his "typically" for "usually" or "normally" or "commonly" or "ordinarily"...it means not always, but happens to be the case in most situations. you get my drift. it obviously clarifies the context of his comment.

beyond all that, kalis would know, and you wouldn't. pay attention to all the words and learn the meaning of each of them before making a foolish suggestion that insinuates that one of the most respected pros with a high level of integrity doesn't know what he's talking about, but that you somehow know better than he does.

the problem has now been solved.

have a good night.
[close]

My understanding of his statement is clear. I just disagree and obviously that bothers you because it seems you feel his words are infallible. I don't doubt his integrity but I don't think that it equates to iron clad truth, especially since there seems to be evidence that shows otherwise. Okay, I won't disagree with Kalis anymore if that makes you feel better
no, lizzie, your understanding is not clear. hence, my original 'reading comprehension' jab. you viewed things in strict black and white terms while josh spoke in the more realistic gray tones. further, you puffed up your narrow view with the audacity to say you knew better than a 30+ year skate legend that is still in the game. unfortunately, you seem like the kind of simple-minded egotist that is going to argue on and on and on because denial is a hell of a drug.

sorry to the rest of slap. please proceed with correcting the direction of this thread.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #365 on: April 09, 2015, 04:59:56 PM »
First the games were boring as shit and now even the arguing in the thread about the games is boring as shit...

Time to just call off the whole thing. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #366 on: April 09, 2015, 05:08:10 PM »

wattscain

« Reply #367 on: April 09, 2015, 06:29:37 PM »
I'll try to put this thread on its original path. I don't want actual skateboarders to feel that this thread got hijacked by the Kalis welcoming committee.

I love the games so far. Too bad my two favorites, Silvas and Ribeiro, got taken out but they looked good doing it. Miles Silvas had my favorite kickflip in the games so far and Ribeiro may have had the best trick of the games with his switch backside 360. But they are gone now so I have to find a new guy to root for. There is always Shane Oneill.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #368 on: April 09, 2015, 09:24:52 PM »
I'll try to put this thread on its original path. I don't want actual skateboarders to feel that this thread got hijacked by the Kalis welcoming committee.

I love the games so far. Too bad my two favorites, Silvas and Ribeiro, got taken out but they looked good doing it. Miles Silvas had my favorite kickflip in the games so far and Ribeiro may have had the best trick of the games with his switch backside 360. But they are gone now so I have to find a new guy to root for. There is always Shane Oneill.

i'm sort of sad that miles got taken out, was one of the more stylish flatground games i've seen in a while, like some Brian Anderson flow with some slightly more technical tricks. but he back noseblunted an 18 stair rail so i don't think this game is anywhere close to a drop in his bucket. i hope he doesn't get taken out by an injury because he is about to rip apart what people think are the standards in pro skating. i really don't care if koston beat him in a game of skate, who gives a shit about a game of skate?

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #369 on: April 09, 2015, 10:45:23 PM »
I'm looking forward to Cyril vs Andrew. Those dudes probably play skate all the time, so they know each others weaknesses and strategy. I've never seen Cyril in one of these things, but for some reason I get the feeling that he's one of those dudes like Moose who would have a shit ton of tricks on flat down and on lock. Andrews bag of tricks is huge too. This should be a good one.

germy rogirs

• Rep: -14
« Reply #370 on: April 10, 2015, 05:08:01 AM »
This Weekend:
Cyril Jackson vs Reynolds
followed by
Chaz Ortiz vs Trent McClung

Im thinkin Cyril, and Trent.

didnt realize there was 2nd Mcclung brother in this. thought there was like a limit or some shit

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #371 on: April 10, 2015, 06:40:08 AM »
What's the deal with Chaz Ortiz? He's not on Supra/Spectre anymore?
I can see him beating whatever Mc Clung guy.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #372 on: April 10, 2015, 06:43:02 AM »
What's the deal with Chaz Ortiz? He's not on Supra/Spectre anymore?
I can see him beating whatever Mc Clung guy.

I think he was wearing Nikes at Tampa, so probably not on Supra anymore. And Spectre is done.

Avicci

• Rep: -71
« Reply #373 on: April 10, 2015, 09:27:19 AM »
Expand Quote
This Weekend:
followed by

[close]

didnt realize there was 2nd Mcclung brother in this. thought there was like a limit or some shit

Trent is 100X better at flat than Taylor so hopefully we get some entertaining games.

"chill out on the yo flips theo we only want whats best for you!"

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65232
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #374 on: April 11, 2015, 06:53:41 AM »
Expand Quote
That Kevin guy seemed the pinnacle of the boring Canadian skater archetype: fully fitted in dope-ass-chill-ass Red Dragons Apparel, no affect to his voice, and rocking some nice ear buds (bumping sweet sounds, we can only assume; like Nickelback).

Also, what a strange chin. I'm 99.99% certain a young skater boi like him wouldn't go under the knife; but, in any other circumstances, I'd assume you'd only get a chin like that via plastic surgery.

And, unrelated to this kid, does anyone else find Canadian skaters, on average, more bland? Like, even if their maneuvers are gnarly, their footage is more likely to just come off kind of staid? In a nationality-based sense, I'd say Canadians are the antithesis of Australians; the latter group seemly producing the most watchable, raucous, getting-buck skaters per capita.
[close]
Don't think I've heard Rick Howard, McCrank, Haslem or Apples being called bland before.

Also for those that don't know the game is up if you use the trick of removing pregame from the URL

http://theberrics.com/batb-8-eric-koston-vs-miles-silvas

trick don't work nigga

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 513
« Reply #375 on: April 11, 2015, 07:21:53 AM »
not anymore unfortunately

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #376 on: April 11, 2015, 07:35:53 AM »
Expand Quote
This Weekend:
followed by

[close]

which decenzo is the 2nd mcclung brother?

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #377 on: April 11, 2015, 07:50:50 AM »
Ouch boys, hacking a game of skate is the lowest form of skateboarding

jomeara1

« Reply #378 on: April 11, 2015, 08:31:28 AM »
This was my favorite game so far.  I think mostly the fact that it was just a straight baker game of skate and with beagle as the ref.  With the whole crew there they should have just filmed a Baker United Nations thing or w.e.  I probably would enjoy that more than the etnies one.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #379 on: April 11, 2015, 08:47:41 AM »
That was the most aesthetically pleasing game of skate yet, mainly because of 'drew, I just love watching him skate. Best part of the game was 'drews SW back heel that he did with his whole body facing fakie. I don't know why but I thought that looked so cool.

jomeara1

« Reply #380 on: April 11, 2015, 09:24:59 AM »
That was the most aesthetically pleasing game of skate yet, mainly because of 'drew, I just love watching him skate. Best part of the game was 'drews SW back heel that he did with his whole body facing fakie. I don't know why but I thought that looked so cool.

Agree, and to me Drew makes every trick look cool.  Even though I voted for Cyril to win I would not be disappointed in the slightest bit if Reynolds won.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #381 on: April 11, 2015, 09:28:36 AM »

That switch back heel was beautiful.

These are the kinds of games I wanna see. I don't care about how many times some bozo can make his board spin. I just want to see skateboarders I like playing one another in games of SKATE, similar to how the first couple tournaments felt.

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #382 on: April 11, 2015, 09:37:26 AM »
so, Reynolds was skating a Cyril board and Cyril was skating a Reynolds board, that was funny!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rails

• Rep: -50
« Reply #383 on: April 11, 2015, 10:36:48 AM »
Look at how loose Cyril's trucks are.  Listen to his bearings.

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #384 on: April 11, 2015, 11:13:42 AM »
The sound from every trick that Reynolds stomp.
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #385 on: April 11, 2015, 02:32:35 PM »
Welp there goes the last shit I gave.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #386 on: April 12, 2015, 05:33:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That switch back heel was beautiful.

These are the kinds of games I wanna see. I don't care about how many times some bozo can make his board spin. I just want to see skateboarders I like playing one another in games of SKATE, similar to how the first couple tournaments felt.

Exactly! the fun of this competition, was that you could see the pros competing at a very down-to-earth level - not to figure out who is the best in the world at playing SKATE.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #387 on: April 12, 2015, 08:53:56 AM »
those last cab flips looked weird for some reason
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 11:33:56 AM by Iceman »

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #388 on: April 18, 2015, 12:17:44 AM »

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #389 on: April 18, 2015, 12:21:38 AM »
Shane's Nollie frontside big heel was ridiculous.