Author Topic: BATB 8  (Read 186002 times)

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
Re: BATB 8
« Reply #630 on: May 24, 2015, 01:11:56 PM »
Liked the Pj - Froston game i liked how pj did the trick tree breakdown...the cepeda -chann can fuck right off as the predicted cepedas double flip strategy

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #631 on: May 24, 2015, 02:21:58 PM »
Are we still pretending like there's no purse to be won at the end of this or something? If you have every type of double flip imaginable, you better fucking use them. You would be regular otherwise. There's a ton of tricks I don't like, but if I have a trick that I know the majority people don't, and there's a good chunk of change plus a possible career at the end of it, you bet your ass I'm doing it.

And nollie fs double flip. That's just plain hard.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 02:24:28 PM by L33Tg33k »
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

OldmanEpic

« Reply #632 on: May 24, 2015, 02:49:21 PM »
Frig, lots of these double flips were done alot in the early 90s and I thought was insane.

I remember one dood from an old birhouse video doing triple and I think even quad flip variations lol.

I dont care for them too much but like leet said if ya got em use em. Heck we seen oneil do switch double tres, pj doing 540 flips, etc.

Whats up next? Youll def see a triple flip before a 720 flip sex change lol

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #633 on: May 24, 2015, 03:08:05 PM »
Cody Cepeda is the worst, watching him skate is painful.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #634 on: May 24, 2015, 06:57:19 PM »
You know it's a serious game when you start out with nollie heel. I hate seeing the every mans game start with kickflip etc.. Cody deserves to win one of these, just fuckin destroyed Chann five zip!

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #635 on: May 24, 2015, 08:25:12 PM »
You know it's a serious game when you start out with nollie heel. I hate seeing the every mans game start with kickflip etc.. Cody deserves to win one of these, just fuckin destroyed Chann five zip!

he won last year tracer

abudabi

« Reply #636 on: May 24, 2015, 08:37:31 PM »
yeah that's asking for primo

i guess arto's never gonna be in this again. his footage from the first one was the best. probably the coolest looking flatground ever.

jomeara1

« Reply #637 on: May 25, 2015, 10:39:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yeah that's asking for primo

i guess arto's never gonna be in this again. his footage from the first one was the best. probably the coolest looking flatground ever.

Couldn't agree more.  His pop is so ridiculous.  Even his laser flip attempts were amazing.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #638 on: May 25, 2015, 07:42:57 PM »
i get the "wear 'em down" strategy but once pj got koston to "T" it would have been way better if he'd whipped out a fuckin wubanger, some electricty, some something. i mean, nollie back heel against koston on "T"? pretty lame. my only gripe about the match though, and i love to gripe.

cepeda vs chann was a fuckin tic-tac demo. i know centepeda ain't rich so he's gotta go down the dark double flip ditch of desire to line his pockets so i can't really fault him, but it's not entertaining. that match he had against mcclung up there ^ was awesome, mainly because mcclung killed it so properly.

lame batb weekend. once the flatground backflip is finally unveiled we can get sal masakela up in this shit and make it legit

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #639 on: May 25, 2015, 08:47:30 PM »
wow that was boring.  when I saw the 2 names I was like I truly don't care who wins, but then cody started with the double flip circus shit and I found myself rooting for chris.  yawn

I don't really get everybody hating on the double flips. You know its going to come to that in a game with those two. I'd kind of rather watch them get right to it instead of make every normal flip trick and then start doing weird shit. People are looking at this as if Cody is that shit head at the skatepark who will do a nightmare flip in a game of skate but miss front shove, when its really not the case.

Also, Chris Chann got a chance to set the trick and he blew it. Should've done a dolphin flip

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #640 on: May 25, 2015, 09:12:11 PM »
I just think it's different for these kids. BATB7 literally made Cody who he is today. I would think it's in his best interest to do anything possible to win this thing again. Not saying he will become pro from it but it's better than losing I guess.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #641 on: May 25, 2015, 09:14:37 PM »
I just think it's different for these kids. BATB7 literally made Cody who he is today. I would think it's in his best interest to do anything possible to win this thing again. Not saying he will become pro from it but it's better than losing I guess.
lmao who "is" cody cepeda? The guy known for skating flatground aka the pussiest version of skateboarding? I'm pretty sure I followed last year and didn't even remember the name, or face.

PJ will wipe him out with inward heels every witch way

too much

« Reply #642 on: May 25, 2015, 10:25:43 PM »
I don't mind double flip tricks, sometimes they're really sick...but having that be your whole trick selection is really fucking lame.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #643 on: May 26, 2015, 01:23:20 AM »

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #644 on: May 26, 2015, 06:10:48 AM »

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #645 on: May 29, 2015, 05:53:01 PM »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #646 on: May 29, 2015, 09:50:05 PM »
I like that Tom Asta is on the upswing. People are coming around.

Moose is great and all, but Shane O'Neill's style shits all over him.

Jereme Rogers may have recently learned to read.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #647 on: May 29, 2015, 10:01:12 PM »
Yeah Shane made Moose's skating look like doo doo by comparison. That nollie heel almost got away then he just catches it and stomps it down. Is Moose from Oxnard or what was up with that board?

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #648 on: May 30, 2015, 12:53:55 AM »
Moose is so fucking good!! That FS 360 Bigspin Heel was out of control!!!!! deserved to win

tricks like these make batb worth watching in my opinion. granted luan busted this trick (poss a diff stance) out like 3-4 batb's ago and it was much faster, cleaner and controlled, I still fucking love watching moose

Wouldve loved to see bobby de keyzer, TORGY (as said hes had some of the best matches in these things period)they didn't put too many exciting guys in this one. ishod or shane would be fucking ideal, of course along with luan. Moose is getting a lot more consistent. id be very surprised if luan makes it through morgan. morgan vs cepeda would be interesting game if cepeda chilled on the double flips

...look at how much moose throws at him during this game and he barely slows down or flinches at all... PS the king of switch is hsu. cmon yall
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:57:25 AM by needlejuice »
try to remember, forget

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #649 on: May 30, 2015, 01:20:27 AM »
both games were actually really good. Carlos has such a smooth style, really enjoyed that game

everybody praising carlos style now?! I mean damn I sound like a hipster but this dude has had flawless style since he came on the scene, what like five years ago?? of course id love to watch him skate flat all day than these contests, that goes for him, busenitz, luan, pudwill, Espinoza, CK, trent mcclung, Gustavo (on his good days) and wair
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 01:23:01 AM by needlejuice »
try to remember, forget

crackaollie

• Rep: 8
« Reply #650 on: May 30, 2015, 02:46:15 AM »
Anyone else fed up with that fucking Trevor Colden commercial??

Update your browser with adblock or adblock plus (I think I got them both), you won't be seeing any commercials afterwards.

^ good game!

http://theberrics.com/batb-8-moose-vs-shane-oneill

Looks like they put down those links, I get redirected to the front page.

Roro1

• Rep: -38
« Reply #651 on: May 30, 2015, 03:41:36 AM »
fack, the trick doesnt work anymore?

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #652 on: May 30, 2015, 09:13:21 AM »
That was the most aesthetically pleasing game yet. Those two look damn good on a board. Between the nicely popped and great looking tricks, the hyped up crowd which added to the excitement, and the fact that it was a close game and either of them could've taken it at the end, this might've been my favorite game yet. Also, Cyrils 360 double flip was a thing of beauty.

jomeara1

« Reply #653 on: May 30, 2015, 10:30:10 AM »
Does that trick still work? I tried clicking on that shane oneil vs moose link but it only shows up as tom asta vs cyril

Wutdadealis

• Rep: 6
« Reply #654 on: May 30, 2015, 10:59:05 AM »
Holy shit Asta's FS/BS 360s look so good.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #655 on: May 30, 2015, 11:40:39 AM »
Holy shit Asta's FS/BS 360s look so good.
the bests i've ever seen on flat ! wow

OldmanEpic

« Reply #656 on: May 30, 2015, 12:22:09 PM »
Astas back 3 was fuckin beautiful.

And cyrils 360 double flip might be the best ive seen

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #657 on: May 30, 2015, 12:28:51 PM »
^as a 360 double flip performer i have to agree...i remember Rowley's ones are great too, but this one.....

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #658 on: May 30, 2015, 01:47:05 PM »
Berrics player sucks.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #659 on: May 30, 2015, 01:55:35 PM »
Berrics player sucks.

i think they switched from the download-all-at-once format to the streaming format, and it is shit.

cyril got him to T real quick, i hope this gets on youtube quick so i can actually appreciate the skating and not just whether or not they landed something