Author Topic: BATB 8  (Read 186003 times)

Teessider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • Boards with wheels on, who thought that'd take off
Re: BATB 8
« Reply #960 on: June 22, 2015, 08:45:26 PM »
Varial flips are fucking sick

Seconded, I love a varial flip, don't understand the hate.

Teessider

« Reply #961 on: June 22, 2015, 08:51:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i think everyone who hates varial flips got trounced in games of skate by them for years because they couldn't do them. i think that's why i used to hate them.

[close]

It's not that I hate varial flips in general, I just get bummed when its T to T and someone does one to end the game...or a fakie varial flip.
[close]

dude regular or fakie varial flips are fucking easy, acting like these pro's shouldn't take ten minutes out of their day to get them down (nollie and switch too) in order to win a contest worth a few grand is stupid. boo fucking hoo, some pro didn't prepare enough, who gives a shit? eh i guess i'm going against the grain but fuck you people who really give a shit about who wins a game of skate, like it makes someone better than someone else. pull your head out of the berrics' ass, they made you care about games of skate like they're advancing skateboarding. it's like you're invested in a soap opera, like what you think matters. it already has it's puppet masters, take it easy

It's a competition like any other, no one said it makes any skater better than another, but there are still winners and losers, and the winner takes home a hefty cash prize, so why the fuck wouldn't you take it seriously? It's also fun to watch as a spectator, I never expected Luan to pull out a switch 540 on flat, but when he did it excited me, because it's entertainment, and fucking difficult, and awesome to watch.

I think you're taking it more seriously than everyone else, and you need to stop giving so much of a shit, people who watch BATB just like being entertained, and there's nothing wrong with that.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #962 on: June 22, 2015, 09:04:40 PM »
easy there shakespeare

shit_for_brains

« Reply #963 on: June 22, 2015, 09:07:33 PM »
Watch this and tell me varial flips and fakie varial fakie flips are stupid and bullshit

bo bice

• Rep: 91
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #964 on: June 22, 2015, 09:10:13 PM »
I will say if cody wants that cash prize so badly I guess I'll hand it to him for using everything he's got to get it.  it will be the last big money he makes from skateboarding for sure.  I don't even think the kids are stoked on him anymore.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #965 on: June 22, 2015, 09:16:36 PM »
I'm pulling for Shane Oneill to fuck everybody up and take it this year. Not to mention he nearly beat Cepeda in the last one but Berra fucked him on a hand touch on switch double heel on defense.

TreBombMartin

• Rep: 31
« Reply #966 on: June 22, 2015, 09:17:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

People hate varial flips because most kids that can't even kickflip can do varial flips and it looks gross. They just have a bad stigma and it doesn't mean all varial flips suck. Brian Anderson and Antoine Asselin both have amazing ones, but most people can't pull that off.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #967 on: June 22, 2015, 10:00:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

People hate varial flips because most kids that can't even kickflip can do varial flips and it looks gross. They just have a bad stigma and it doesn't mean all varial flips suck. Brian Anderson and Antoine Asselin both have amazing ones, but most people can't pull that off.

cliff has a mean on in "the blind video"

Teessider

« Reply #968 on: June 22, 2015, 10:03:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Fair, I can varial flip inconsistently and I can't kick flip to save my life.

too much

« Reply #969 on: June 22, 2015, 10:10:22 PM »
How the fuck does anyone know the BATB has prize money? Is there footage of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd getting a check in the previous years? BATB7 finals on youtube Cody just gets a trophy...Curious, definitely would make it more interesting to know the prize money involved, berrics website says nothing.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #970 on: June 22, 2015, 10:15:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yep, I was one of those gross little shits who could varial flip before they could kickflip or pop shuvit for that matter. I don't know how that happened.

Teessider

« Reply #971 on: June 22, 2015, 10:40:52 PM »
How the fuck does anyone know the BATB has prize money? Is there footage of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd getting a check in the previous years? BATB7 finals on youtube Cody just gets a trophy...Curious, definitely would make it more interesting to know the prize money involved, berrics website says nothing.

Cepeda talks about using his BATB money to move to California in his DewTour Push episodes.

too much

« Reply #972 on: June 22, 2015, 10:52:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Cepeda talks about using his BATB money to move to California in his DewTour Push episodes.

Hmmm so it's not really public info then? Unless a competitor just shares/reveals their earnings in an interview or social media post? I wonder why it's left out of the event for the viewers?

pinch a loaf

« Reply #973 on: June 23, 2015, 12:08:13 AM »
In the first one Mike Mo wins 10k, and i believe every one since has been 20k

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #974 on: June 23, 2015, 03:47:03 AM »
yeah its been stated they win 5 grand for the 2up contest so I assume theyd win 10 0r 20 for batb
try to remember, forget

Mike

• Rep: -44
  • Upcoming
« Reply #975 on: June 23, 2015, 04:38:08 AM »
Didnt berra say something along the lines of "im gonna ref this one cause Im a tough bastard"? Or someshit like that?

I guess Cody has already won
He sure did. But mainly because he actually believes he is one though motherf***er. Like for real.
Kflip down 10 like it's nothing.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #976 on: June 23, 2015, 05:32:20 AM »
Watch this and tell me varial flips and fakie varial fakie flips are stupid and bullshit

I love this part but never really understood why it ended on that trick. Still, classic shit.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Noioso

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #977 on: June 23, 2015, 08:21:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Most people don't even try to learn because they think it's for "posers" or something. When I first started skating, me and one of my friends knew how to do shove its in almost every variation switch and regular, and these other kids could do every fliptrick variation (accept for variak of course), and we'd always beat them with shove its. How long does it really learn to do a shove it?

How is it not fun to piss someone off in a game of skate who takes it that seriously? I can do a lot of flip tricks including some dorky ones, but would always go to shove it route when some jock wanted to play skate to prove his dominance, and maybe do a fakie varial to give him E.  B---D~~ :o
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #978 on: June 23, 2015, 08:33:38 AM »

My varial flips

jomeara1

« Reply #979 on: June 23, 2015, 08:43:09 AM »
Take it easy Shakespeare, don't think anyone on here thinks a game of skate on the berrics defines who's better. If you skate you're your own puppet master obviously

jomeara1

« Reply #980 on: June 23, 2015, 08:48:39 AM »
Once I learned 360 flips I started to forget about varial flips honestly. 

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #981 on: June 23, 2015, 10:46:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Most people don't even try to learn because they think it's for "posers" or something. When I first started skating, me and one of my friends knew how to do shove its in almost every variation switch and regular, and these other kids could do every fliptrick variation (accept for variak of course), and we'd always beat them with shove its. How long does it really learn to do a shove it?

How is it not fun to piss someone off in a game of skate who takes it that seriously? I can do a lot of flip tricks including some dorky ones, but would always go to shove it route when some jock wanted to play skate to prove his dominance, and maybe do a fakie varial to give him E.  B---D~~ :o

if im playing someone real good, ill start off w a front shuv and sw front shuv and it usually gets a letter or two
try to remember, forget

OldmanEpic

« Reply #982 on: June 23, 2015, 10:55:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

How is it not fun to piss someone off in a game of skate who takes it that seriously? I can do a lot of flip tricks including some dorky ones, but would always go to shove it route when some jock wanted to play skate to prove his dominance, and maybe do a fakie varial to give him E.�  B---D~~ :o
[close]

if im playing someone real good, ill start off w a front shuv and sw front shuv and it usually gets a letter or two

Thats sad. My 8 year old can do front shoves and pop shoves.

Personally I love those tricks. Go as fast as you can and pop em and they feel awesome! Switch front shove is one of my favorites for sure

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #983 on: June 23, 2015, 11:04:14 AM »

My varial flips

Nice! I need to relearn varial flips. Lost that trick when I learned kick flips.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #984 on: June 23, 2015, 11:43:02 AM »
Expand Quote

My varial flips
[close]

Nice! I need to relearn varial flips. Lost that trick when I learned kick flips.

I relearned it last week. Its a very nice trick.

pinch a loaf

« Reply #985 on: June 23, 2015, 12:02:11 PM »
what about fakie bigflips? every single time, my friend feels the need to tell me how i look like a 10 year old doing that trick.

i never understood the whole, this trick is awesome (no complys) and that trick sucks (varial flips). I'm fucking skateboarding, for fun, not trying to be the most popular with my trick selection. fuck your fashion show, im still just skateboarding.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #986 on: June 23, 2015, 12:32:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

My varial flips
[close]

[close]

I relearned it last week. Its a very nice trick.

I feel like varials flips takes more energy and concentration than a 360 flip. A 360 flip once you learn them are really easy and you dont even have to second guess yourself when you do it. But a Varial I feel like I have to be very precise on the flick because if i dont i primo it which is almost all the time. So yeah Im a fan of a good varial flip (BA,Nate Jones, Nick Fiorini).

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #987 on: June 23, 2015, 12:47:57 PM »
lol... fakie varial flips was actually the second trick i learned.

headtowall

• Rep: -12
« Reply #988 on: June 23, 2015, 12:54:17 PM »
Varial flips are the only trick i still got.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #989 on: June 23, 2015, 05:06:33 PM »
I've always had a good pop shuv so I do varial flips a lot. I have an ok fakie one. Never learned then switch or Nollie very well. Basically if you get in 3 flip footing and move your back foot more toward the back of the tail instead of the scoop pocket they click really well.