Author Topic: BATB 8  (Read 185956 times)

KUberry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
Re: BATB 8
« Reply #1080 on: June 27, 2015, 07:45:57 AM »
As much as it was good to see Tom in the finals, I wish PJ would have beat him and went instead. PJ would have fucked sewa up and gone back and forth with Shane for 45 minutes like he did with Paul.

jomeara1

« Reply #1081 on: June 27, 2015, 09:19:22 AM »
So I just watched the finals on youtube earlier. God that was terrible.  At least when Morgan beat Pj a few years back it was actually a good game even though it was a shut out.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #1082 on: June 27, 2015, 10:22:02 AM »
Because fuck The Berrics...

Holy shit Berra sucks at every aspect of life. 

Flatground champ Cody Cepeda can't fakie bigspin?!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 10:28:27 AM by ill_Murray »
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1083 on: June 27, 2015, 10:28:22 AM »
It'd be interesting to tweak the rules for a more streamlined contest with a bit more balance. Maybe do it ping pong style. You get five attempts to score points and then the other skater gets five tries. If you fall trying to set a trick, it's the other skaters turn. That would at least curtail the stronghold these dudes have when they win the rochambeau. Who cares though, Berra sucks. He seemed drunk and attention-whore-ish.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1084 on: June 27, 2015, 10:29:37 AM »
Everyone knows Sewa is going to do hardflip reverts but no one seems to practice them, I don't get it.  

Reverts > double flips

Shane's half cab late shuv is the best though.  

sms_b

« Reply #1085 on: June 27, 2015, 11:18:18 AM »
I find it interesting that Shane O'Neil is literally the best skateboarder on the planet but rarely wins contests. I wonder if people trip on that, like "yea I beat Shane O'Neil", but in their heart they're really like, "I'll never be better than Shane O'Neil."

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1086 on: June 27, 2015, 11:55:27 AM »
I honestly feel like Sewa was probably gonna save the hardflip revert for later, he normally has a few more ticks he does before throwing that out. But after Berra gave Shane his fs flip landed then late pivot a pass after Sewa did a perfect 360 fs flip he was like "Damn! well fuck that!".
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:10:16 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #1087 on: June 27, 2015, 12:43:23 PM »
I find it interesting that Shane O'Neil is literally the best skateboarder on the planet* but rarely wins contests. I wonder if people trip on that, like "yea I beat Shane O'Neil", but in their heart they're really like, "I'll never be better than Shane O'Neil."

*Citation needed

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -391
« Reply #1088 on: June 27, 2015, 12:59:23 PM »
It's sucks that Sewa couldn't play Cody. The other GOAT flatland skater.

bo bice

• Rep: 91
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1089 on: June 27, 2015, 01:03:00 PM »
seriously though, berra calls for a do-over on that hardflip AFTER shane already did it, what a fucking dork.  also shane didn't pivot on that last one, that's too generous. he did a f/s flip, then a kickturn.  but yeah, way too not shit slide.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1090 on: June 27, 2015, 01:11:24 PM »
Good to see skateboarding legend Patrick Fugit in there.

pinch a loaf

« Reply #1091 on: June 27, 2015, 01:15:23 PM »

Holy shit Berra sucks at every aspect of life.�

There was no fakie bigspin in that game. there was a fakie biggerspin and a halfcab late shuv, and cepeda didn't land either.

i swear some peoples laggy ass internet turns doubleflips into singles, and biggerspins into regular ones.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1092 on: June 27, 2015, 02:29:50 PM »
The whole thing was cringe worthy. Koston is such a tool and Berra blew it as a judge big time and Sewa put him in his place right after.

Shane and Tom choked.

Cepeda couldn't get a chance to koste...er double or pressure flip his way to a win

Sewa brought it and won.

Finals were pretty weak all said and done. I'll never watch a live berrics event again.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1093 on: June 27, 2015, 03:38:15 PM »
Expand Quote

Holy shit Berra sucks at every aspect of life.�

[close]

There was no fakie bigspin in that game. there was a fakie biggerspin and a halfcab late shuv, and cepeda didn't land either.

i swear some peoples laggy ass internet turns doubleflips into singles, and biggerspins into regular ones.

I'm not going to sit here and argue the semantics of big- vs bigger- so we'll just have to agree to disagree, but just know this...

You're the worst type of person and I hate you. 

TreBombMartin

• Rep: 31
« Reply #1094 on: June 27, 2015, 04:30:02 PM »
Was rooting for Shane but I'm not super bummed Sewa won. The final game was boring but Sewa seems like a humble dude. I'll take popped 540 shuvs and frontside hardflips all day over double flips in every stance.

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #1095 on: June 27, 2015, 04:40:47 PM »
How are people seeing the Shane O'Neill game?

pinch a loaf

« Reply #1096 on: June 27, 2015, 04:45:18 PM »

I'm not going to sit here and argue the semantics of big- vs bigger- so we'll just have to agree to disagree, but just know this...

You're the worst type of person and I hate you. 

This is Slap, an online community full of the worst type of people...

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1097 on: June 27, 2015, 04:54:13 PM »
Was rooting for Shane but I'm not super bummed Sewa won. The final game was boring but Sewa seems like a humble dude. I'll take popped 540 shuvs and frontside hardflips all day over double flips in every stance.
haha what's a frontisde hardflip?

shark tits

« Reply #1098 on: June 27, 2015, 05:06:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
fs bigflip or hardflip fs revert. the magazines haven't named it yet so we just gotta describe it.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1099 on: June 27, 2015, 05:07:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
fs bigflip or hardflip fs revert. the magazines haven't named it yet so we just gotta describe it.

Fs ghetto bird?

jomeara1

« Reply #1100 on: June 27, 2015, 05:09:54 PM »
I miss the old berrics honestly.  Just seemed cooler at the time.  Everything on the site just keeps getting lamer every year. 

ChillMurray

• Rep: -36
« Reply #1101 on: June 27, 2015, 05:14:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Fs ghetto bird?

Yeahh Not sure what a frontisde hardflip is but I also have no idea what a walk the dog foot plant hardflip is either
RIP Pimp C

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1102 on: June 27, 2015, 05:15:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Fs ghetto bird?
[close]

Yeahh Not sure what a frontisde hardflip is but I also have no idea what a walk the dog foot plant hardflip is either
i'm sure it tastes like my dick.

ChillMurray

• Rep: -36
« Reply #1103 on: June 27, 2015, 05:18:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Fs ghetto bird?
[close]

[close]

Does anyone other than yourself know what that tastes like?
RIP Pimp C

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1104 on: June 27, 2015, 05:19:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Fs ghetto bird?
[close]

[close]
[close]

Does anyone other than yourself know what that tastes like?
Nope. Not ever.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1105 on: June 27, 2015, 05:22:05 PM »
Anyways, you should know dogg, BATB- No feet on the ground that means no footplants no no complies

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #1106 on: June 27, 2015, 05:30:19 PM »
Anyways, you should know dogg, BATB- No feet on the ground that means no footplants no no complies

If they want to make it vaguely interesting again they should allow all of those tricks. I can't even be bothered to watch Sewa do the same 5 tricks again in the final.

What a fucking snooze of a contest this has become.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1107 on: June 27, 2015, 05:34:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If they want to make it vaguely interesting again they should allow all of those tricks. I can't even be bothered to watch Sewa do the same 5 tricks again in the final.

What a fucking snooze of a contest this has become.
mhmm. Luan be doing the dub footplant circus flips.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1108 on: June 27, 2015, 06:33:33 PM »
Asta missed a nollie b/s heeel.. Game over when Sewa gets to set everything

TreBombMartin

• Rep: 31
« Reply #1109 on: June 27, 2015, 06:54:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Fs ghetto bird?

Let's just ask Ryan Gallant what it's called.

2:12