Author Topic: DLXSF Spring '15 Catalog  (Read 11604 times)

pile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
DLXSF Spring '15 Catalog
« on: February 03, 2015, 08:37:20 PM »
i'm really liking the latest catalog from deluxe this time around, good shit. can't wait to see the #jkjhnsn guest board eventually too.

http://www.dlxsf.com/spring15/
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 08:39:07 PM by pile »

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
Re: DLXSF Spring '15 Catalog
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 10:11:09 PM »
guest board?

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 10:16:56 PM »
DLX coming out with some sick stuff as always.
That Davis Fargo graphic is rad.
I'd like to try out one of those Real slick decks.
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 12:00:31 AM »
guest board?

according to the latest thrasher, he joined krooked on their korea tour due to the fact that he'll be receiving a guest board from them soon.

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 12:51:21 AM »
I'm glad Real's graphics are finally starting to improve. A little less neon would've been cool though, this isn't snowboarding.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1202
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 06:42:38 AM »

That Davis Fargo graphic is rad.

i like the Santihero series as well, the Gerwer one off, and the Anderson lead.  those Krooked kraft brews would be even better if the "brew" was natural woodstain
hardly art, hardly starving

HASHTAG

• Rep: -18
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 12:30:58 PM »
Deluxe just does the coolest shit and seems to have the coolest employees.
#HASHTAG

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 01:01:21 PM »
If DLX would just open a god damn online store already, my life would suck that much less. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Randozzi

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 01:07:11 PM »
you can find all their stuff online via regular shops, prices would be the same.

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 78
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 01:25:51 PM »
Deluxe just does the coolest shit and seems to have the coolest employees.

Truth.  ;)

LennyDLXSF

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 01:35:57 PM »
Lenny, do you know which AH boards come with copies of Destination Unknown? Next board i get is probably going to be based on this, and because I have to order online I cant really tell. Is it all of the non-pricepoints? Thanks.

All the new pro models should have a dvd inside.

Dengles

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 01:48:38 PM »
Damn real boards are looking really good; now my choice expands beyond Anti Hero or Krooked for what decks I'll be riding. 

Babby

• Rep: 39
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 02:09:22 PM »
No new Andrew Allen boards?

LennyDLXSF

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 02:17:33 PM »

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 02:26:27 PM »
you can find all their stuff online via regular shops, prices would be the same.

I'm talking soft goods here, I would love to know what shop gets all the nice new Real stuff in because I never see it. 

The apparel line that went with those horror movie character decks? Never saw them.

Hanging Klansmen re-issue shirts, never saw them. 

I love DLX, I just want to be able to buy their shit. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Babby

• Rep: 39
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 02:33:57 PM »

sports

• Rep: 21
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 03:08:27 PM »
dunno what you guys are talking about. all those real graphics still look fuckin terrible

shit_for_brains

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 03:33:14 PM »
dunno what you guys are talking about. all those real graphics still look fuckin terrible

They're getting better, but still not good. Everything in the catalog is pretty milquetoast, graphics-wise.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 12:06:24 PM »
Really like the new internet tech used for this catalog, no more cutoff images!  Well done!

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 01:00:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They're getting better, but still not good. Everything in the catalog is pretty milquetoast, graphics-wise.

I agree with Sports and SFB here. There is nothing in the Real offering that really stands out to me. It's a whole lot of dull. Real had some amazing series in the early 00s then it just sort of fell off.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 02:13:27 PM »
I agree, it's very banner-esque/sporty feel all the time with them. It's all about their branding front and center, rarely the riders and a graphic and when they don't plaster REAL in your face is when the graphics are good:

the blacklight shit, gameover, comics, movie posters:
GOOD:

BAD:

Not that bad:

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2015, 03:16:00 PM »

Can't believe I didn't get this when it came out. D Face is sick.

He did this last year.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2015, 07:33:43 PM »
8.43 x 32.56 shape is the only board I've been happy skating since it came out a few years ago due to the length.  Sometimes they can be tough to find.  A bunch of boards in this catalog (and the past few) are marked 8.38 x 32.56 (A couple Gonz ones!) which would be totally fine...but then they are always about 32.25 length when I end up measuring them at the shop and the little size stickers on there usually reflect the smaller length...What's up with that?  More options in the 8.38-8.5 range with longer wheelbase/length would be much appreciated.  Graphic wise Anti Hero and Krooked are killing it as per usual. 

wheee!

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2015, 10:08:57 PM »
damn, i remember playing that busenitz downhill bomber game they made for their website a few years ago. that game was sick! i find that real's graphics are pretty bland most of the time too, but when they get them right, they're awesome.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2015, 12:05:00 AM »
^Frank Invaders was pure genius also.

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2015, 10:03:22 AM »
8.43 x 32.56 shape is the only board I've been happy skating since it came out a few years ago due to the length.  Sometimes they can be tough to find.  A bunch of boards in this catalog (and the past few) are marked 8.38 x 32.56 (A couple Gonz ones!) which would be totally fine...but then they are always about 32.25 length when I end up measuring them at the shop and the little size stickers on there usually reflect the smaller length...What's up with that?  More options in the 8.38-8.5 range with longer wheelbase/length would be much appreciated.  Graphic wise Anti Hero and Krooked are killing it as per usual. 

A 8.43x32.56 DLX board is a rare treat. I think they're pretty much the perfect size/ shape, but they really must not sell well. I don't get why they won't just make a 8.5x32.5 though. All I've been seeing their 8.5s paired with are 32.18s. A lot of companies seem to be ditching longer board lengths.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2015, 12:12:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A 8.43x32.56 DLX board is a rare treat. I think they're pretty much the perfect size/ shape, but they really must not sell well. I don't get why they won't just make a 8.5x32.5 though. All I've been seeing their 8.5s paired with are 32.18s. A lot of companies seem to be ditching longer board lengths.

Anti Hero usually has at least one 8.43 board every drop... i go between that shape and the 8.62 (same length/wheelbase).  Once you get hooked on the longer board lengths it's impossible to go back.  I agree though.. 8.5x32.5 would be perfect. 

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2015, 07:22:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Anti Hero usually has at least one 8.43 board every drop... i go between that shape and the 8.62 (same length/wheelbase).  Once you get hooked on the longer board lengths it's impossible to go back.  I agree though.. 8.5x32.5 would be perfect. 
I always found it odd that the 8.38 was longer than the 8.5. Most of the time, wider=longer. I want to try out that 8.62 shape, but I haven't found any in person yet.

Also, I kind of prefer the logo-based reals. I like a more simple board graphic for the most part. All those listed under "bad" I liked more than most of the "good" ones.

If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

hsggreen

• Rep: 30
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2015, 07:55:53 PM »
I like the sports shit

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1114
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2015, 08:25:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I always found it odd that the 8.38 was longer than the 8.5. Most of the time, wider=longer. I want to try out that 8.62 shape, but I haven't found any in person yet.

Also, I kind of prefer the logo-based reals. I like a more simple board graphic for the most part. All those listed under "bad" I liked more than most of the "good" ones.

I feel like there is some geometry to it that we aren't aware of.
On paper it sounds good but somehow it doesn't balance.
I've spent some time talking with people that do it for a living and they can be quirky guys.