Author Topic: Better call Saul!  (Read 12161 times)

Greg Road

Re: Better call Saul!
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2015, 01:16:48 AM »
The show's alright. There's some interesting shit going on but at the same time they're REALLY over exaggerating some bits for dramatic purposes. And at the end of the day I don't really give a shit - there's a lot better shows on right now / or coming out. Glad they found this little window in time to put the show out, though.

It's kinda funny cause everybody is just expecting Breaking Bad 2.0 - but the fucking show is about Saul Goodman ... soooooooooo ... what do you expect. I don't know what to really take from all of this. I'm trying. I'm sort of watching the show. To be honest I don't really give a shit haha

LloydChristmas

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 12:30:14 PM »
The show's alright. There's some interesting shit going on but at the same time they're REALLY over exaggerating some bits for dramatic purposes. And at the end of the day I don't really give a shit - there's a lot better shows on right now / or coming out. Glad they found this little window in time to put the show out, though.

It's kinda funny cause everybody is just expecting Breaking Bad 2.0 - but the fucking show is about Saul Goodman ... soooooooooo ... what do you expect. I don't know what to really take from all of this. I'm trying. I'm sort of watching the show. To be honest I don't really give a shit haha

the pacing is like some x files episodes, and makes for some real character development within the 43 minutes.  you have to go into it knowing that it'll take time to really get going plot-wise (true detective was sort of like that).  give it a few more episodes, it's getting good already. 

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2015, 12:40:48 PM »
The attention to detail in this show is amazing, from Tuco's knife being the same one he snorted Walt and Jesse's meth off of to Michael Mckean wearing a space blanket to protect himself from his own latent homosexuality the writers have truly outdone themselves

QUIT SINNIN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2015, 11:02:46 PM »
the payoff for the billboard bit was incredible

skateboard pillows

• Rep: 6
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2015, 11:31:30 AM »
how I'm feeling watching this show

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2015, 12:17:45 PM »
Planned to watch the 3rd episode at my friends place yesterday. Put it on and had a few drinks, ended up turning it off and talking about life and girls instead.

Naked Tit

• Rep: -8
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2015, 09:03:50 PM »
Planned to watch the 3rd episode at my friends place yesterday. Put it on and had a few drinks, ended up turning it off and talking about life and girls instead.
Sounds like you're the supreme douche.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • PATSY
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2015, 12:38:43 PM »
Last night's episode was one of my favorites ever, including Breaking Bad. Ehrmantraut bringing it!

Hilarious they were initially trying to call this a comedy, even after the 1st episode. Same exact tone as Breaking Bad.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2015, 06:35:38 PM »
Last night's episode was one of my favorites ever, including Breaking Bad. Ehrmantraut bringing it!

Hilarious they were initially trying to call this a comedy, even after the 1st episode. Same exact tone as Breaking Bad.

yep the latest episode made this show up to Breaking Bad level.  seriously the best thing going on right now, and helps zap me back awake after walking dead lulls me to sleep.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 376
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2015, 07:59:17 PM »
Damn!!! Saw the first half of the first episode last night and DAMN is this good!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • PATSY
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2015, 08:55:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yep the latest episode made this show up to Breaking Bad level.  seriously the best thing going on right now, and helps zap me back awake after walking dead lulls me to sleep.

Yeah gave up on that show a while back after they spent an entire season bickering on a farm. I mean can it possibly get more uninspired?

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2015, 03:31:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah gave up on that show a while back after they spent an entire season bickering on a farm. I mean can it possibly get more uninspired?

if you watch the new episodes... yes it can!

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2015, 12:03:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

if you watch the new episodes... yes it can!

Trying very hard not to de-rail the thread here but no no no. The latest episodes of T.W.D were some of the finer ones in this season and half season. I sure as hell wouldn't call them uninspired.

Back to better call saul, this is not what I consider a comedy but it has some fine giggle worthy moments. The pacing is hard to gauge for me at the moment as I have no regular time slot in which I watch it, I just download it when I remember.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2015, 01:34:06 PM »
that riff...best intro theme ever
BETTER CALL SAUL THEME 10 HOURS

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -7
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2015, 08:31:03 PM »
Well, that was a good cliffhanger. Speculations on who called?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2015, 02:01:58 PM »
Either Tuco, or the other one.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

matt.

• Rep: -6
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2015, 09:58:57 PM »
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 10:00:58 PM by matt. »

Durndle

• Rep: 7
  • Denton. Gateway to Durndle
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2015, 02:29:33 AM »
does anybody else want to pin down Betsy Kettleman and fart in her mouth as much as I do?

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2015, 10:24:37 AM »
does anybody else want to pin down Betsy Kettleman and fart in her mouth as much as I do?
No, I want smash the bitch out of her though.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2015, 10:39:23 AM »
If you would like an in depth and entertaining Better Call Saul, Walking Dead and Breaking Bad podcast, check these guys out. Those three are all done by Jim and A.Ron and they really do a great job. They are half the reason I watch The Walking Dead as religiously as I do.

http://baldmove.com/
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • PATSY
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2015, 09:55:23 PM »
The blonde chick Kim Wexler is a babe

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2015, 03:28:43 AM »
A bit late but anyone else's mind blown when he says "Saul Goodman" to the drunk guy he conned in the alleyway. I can't believe I missed that all through Breaking Bad. 

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
  • HANNIBAL!!
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2015, 05:52:10 PM »
A bit late but anyone else's mind blown when he says "Saul Goodman" to the drunk guy he conned in the alleyway. I can't believe I missed that all through Breaking Bad. 

What do you mean by missing it through breaking bad?

shark tits

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2015, 05:57:06 PM »
saul goodman = it's all good, man

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2015, 07:02:50 PM »
Really cool show so far. Very slow and boring like Breaking Bad, but you can't help but pay attention and crave the next episode. Must be the characters and story, Mike's episode was great I always wanted to know what half measures were

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2015, 10:25:39 AM »
Well, that was a good cliffhanger. Speculations on who called?

What the fuck, so it was just the old lady calling him from the nursing home? What a shitty cliffhanger. 

I really like Bob Odenkirk but I'm getting pretty bored with the show. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • PATSY
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2015, 03:25:44 PM »
I thought that Chuck walking outside, and freaking out (?) was supposed to be more subjective as to if he was better or about to be hospitalized again.  But if you watch the AMC "Inside the Episode" or read episode reviews, they just say straight up Chuck is now better. Kind of killed the mystery.

Can't believe people are saying this is boring. I have loved every second of it. I admit that the phone call cliffhanger was kind of a missed opportunity, but I for one have no interest in seeing Tuco or his dumb cronies again. Always my least favorite part of Breaking Bad, and was hard to stay interested during those episodes. Those characters are fucking lame.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2527
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2015, 08:09:29 AM »
My uneducated guess is that he's not going to dive into the whole shady criminal lawyer thing this early on in the show. Hence Tuco or whoever won't make another appearance till the season's end or later...
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2015, 02:59:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
And Saul stole the show. Greatest character ever.
[close]

For sure.  S'all good man...
[close]

That whole dumpster scene was amazing.  I hope nothing bad happens to Chuck.  Since Breaking Bad never really delved much into Saul's personal life, maybe he can just retire happily.  Seems like if they get that 20 mill settlement though (or go to court), Hamlin will probably try to claim a part of it or kick him out of the firm.

yeah, that whole sandpiper crossing episode was the best yet.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • PATSY
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2015, 10:24:59 AM »
Fuck Chuck.

University of American Samoa or not.