Author Topic: OFFICIAL MOTHER THREAD...  (Read 36035 times)

Boomhauer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 43
  • Yep
Re: OFFICIAL MOTHER THREAD...
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2015, 11:27:31 PM »

Damn, can't see the lengths. I'd get one.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2015, 09:21:00 AM »
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2015, 12:01:33 PM »

Bill

• Rep: -32
« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2015, 11:11:34 PM »
Mother ?

More like Grand Mother. This is artwork that everyone's G-Ma has up on her walls! I guess it's cool, I mean if that's what they were aiming for.
Pier 1 imports, Bed Bath and Beyond and Pottery barn come into mind.

I literally Googled artwork at Pier 1 imports after I typed this, And this is what came up through the search.

Rule #1

Fashion Never Function

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2015, 01:07:36 AM »
Mother ?

More like Grand Mother. This is artwork that everyone's G-Ma has up on her walls! I guess it's cool, I mean if that's what they were aiming for.
Pier 1 imports, Bed Bath and Beyond and Pottery barn come into mind.

I literally Googled artwork at Pier 1 imports after I typed this, And this is what came up through the search.

Did you actually look at all the boards or just the flower graphic and then base your opinion from that. Cause I'm not sure if Pier 1 imports or grandmas have "bukkake" virgin mary statues or greek statues and artwork. Or these are some cool ass grandmas

Speedway

• Rep: 110
« Reply #155 on: March 15, 2015, 07:14:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I hope they don't just pull a Fucking Awesome/Bianca Chandon and have all their graphics be just photos they found slapped on a board with a few colors added or something. These new small companies are just turning into tumblr on wood. 3D is lacking in the graphics department but at least it's all original for the most part. Still going to buy their boards though. It's just a scary trend.
[close]

That gilbert graphic is original artwork from some dude in texas. Hopefully they use more of his work
[close]

Just saw that. I hope they continue to do original stuff like that. All that other stuff could be made or photographed my them but I don't know. I assumed the bukakke, watermelon, and flowers decks were just stuff they found. If they are getting someone to paint and taking their own photos then they are doing it right and already have more respect from me than FA or BC. Definitely getting the Jake and Gilbert boards for the wall alongside their debut Alien models.

I don't think them just slapping photos (or 'doing an FA') onto a deck is something you need to worry about. Some of Jake, Gilbert are Tyler's friends are involved with the company's art/photography etc...

Trying to get hold of Jake/Gilbert's debut Workshop decks so I'm pretty jealous of you there, haha...I've got each pro model ordered and they're going straight on the wall.

Also, I'm quite sure there's a promo or something like that on the way.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #156 on: March 15, 2015, 08:47:29 AM »
Do you guys really buy boards by the graphics ? 

I mean I go by size and shape always , and then if Im lucky its one of the companies that I like / Skaters pro model that I like , then third and maybe least important is the graphics

Size , Company , Skater , Graphics  thats the order I buy boards unless its a wall hanger

All that said I think they have nice graphics

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #157 on: March 15, 2015, 01:08:01 PM »

I mean I go by size and shape always , and then if Im lucky its one of the companies that I like / Skaters pro model that I like , then third and maybe least important is the graphics

Size , Company , Skater , Graphics  thats the order I buy boards unless its a wall hanger

This.

abudabi

« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2015, 01:41:36 PM »
damn, this is the second time SLAP's been called out as a whole for having feminine taste in art.
i guess im guilty. i can fuckin do like 100 pushups tho man.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2015, 02:16:09 PM »
damn, this is the second time SLAP's been called out as a whole for having feminine taste in art.

GENDER IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT

abudabi

« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2015, 02:24:38 PM »
yes im well aware of that. half of my post was sarcastic. im allowed to refer to social constructs you big hunk.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2015, 04:20:25 PM »

I go by what companies im hyped on and want to give my money to, graphics are a big factor in that. There are very few companies I have come across that doesn't make at least one shape that I like.

shark tits

« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2015, 04:29:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

he's right yo, the only reason men don't have babies is cause society told em not to

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2015, 01:55:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
he's right yo, the only reason men don't have babies is cause society told em not to
:D

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1203
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #164 on: March 16, 2015, 07:17:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
:D

break the mold
hardly art, hardly starving

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #165 on: March 16, 2015, 08:49:16 AM »
Well sex is based on genitalia and gender is the social construct associated with sex.  Like chyna from wwe is a masculine female but Sean Pablo is seen as a feminine male.  I hate feminist mumbo jumbo like the rest of you but there is a difference.

Edit: 3rd wave feminist bask in the highly relative and subjective nature of gender especially compared to how binary sex is. Which is what makes them pretty annoying.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:28:51 AM by Lenny the Fatface »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 409
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #166 on: March 16, 2015, 09:06:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I go by what companies im hyped on and want to give my money to, graphics are a big factor in that. There are very few companies I have come across that doesn't make at least one shape that I like.

I'll usually go by brand first, but it's nice to skate a board with a graphic that you're stoked on. And it definitely had a factor in how I feel about the brand, especially since we're discussing a company's catalog. I can't see the shapes (beyond dimensions) or get a feel for the boards just by looking at these pictures, so what else are we supposed to discuss? Graphics aren't going to affect how the board feels to skate, but they're a huge factor in building up the brand and how I ultimately feel about it.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #167 on: March 16, 2015, 09:24:35 AM »
Well sex is based on genitalia and gender is the social construct associated with sex.  Like chyna from wwe is a masculine female but Sean Pablo is seen as a feminine male.  I hate feminist mumbo jumbo like the rest of the you but there is a difference.

so sean pablo is a girl, confirmed?

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #168 on: March 16, 2015, 09:44:54 AM »
don't act like ya'll doing love the feeling of showing up to the park with a fresh deck with a killer graphic

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3397
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #169 on: March 16, 2015, 02:57:56 PM »

Spider on drugs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #170 on: March 16, 2015, 05:17:03 PM »
peter sidlauskas

last bronze video

first mother video ?

does that make Mother the bronze of deck companies? Because that would be something.

dillanharp

« Reply #171 on: March 16, 2015, 06:36:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Well sex is based on genitalia and gender is the social construct associated with sex.  Like chyna from wwe is a masculine female but Sean Pablo is seen as a feminine male.  I hate feminist mumbo jumbo like the rest of the you but there is a difference.
[close]

so sean pablo is a girl, confirmed?
Hopefully, so I can stop feeling so gay when I see him.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #172 on: March 16, 2015, 07:17:58 PM »
Really love the kid eating watermelon graphics !!  ;D

grains

• Rep: 10
« Reply #173 on: March 17, 2015, 05:56:57 PM »
rad interview with chad bowers about ohio and mother just went up on street canoe

http://www.streetcanoe.com/features/

Nagger Head

• Rep: -15
« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2015, 05:58:37 PM »
fuck yeah, will definitely be buying a mother board (as long as it's shaped)

Bliz

• Rep: -35
« Reply #175 on: March 17, 2015, 07:06:09 PM »
Different...

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #176 on: March 17, 2015, 07:35:19 PM »
rad interview with chad bowers about ohio and mother just went up on street canoe

That gave me a lot more confidence in the brand's direction. I think Chad seems to know what he's doing. Can't wait.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #177 on: March 18, 2015, 10:28:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That gave me a lot more confidence in the brand's direction. I think Chad seems to know what he's doing. Can't wait.

Not selling to the no zumiez type shop is admirable but I don't know how long it'll be viable if they want to travel, film, pay guest artists, grow their team, grow their staff, but with the innernet, perhaps they'll be able to?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #178 on: March 18, 2015, 01:08:33 PM »
Skateboarding sure talks about Ohio a lot.

ontheswarm

« Reply #179 on: March 18, 2015, 01:38:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Not selling to the no zumiez type shop is admirable but I don't know how long it'll be viable if they want to travel, film, pay guest artists, grow their team, grow their staff, but with the innernet, perhaps they'll be able to?
Sorry but I have to call bullshit on this. There is a wack ass mall shop here that is part of a chain that sells scooters and they are getting them. So bummed when I heard.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 01:41:44 PM by ontheswarm »