Author Topic: Which ridiculously talented skateboarder would benefit most from a make over?  (Read 11524 times)

Retox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -47
Which ridiculously talented skateboarder would benefit most from a make over?

My vote goes to DAVID GONZALES.  The little guy is completely off the charts in talent and death defying tricks, but his kit is severely lacking in aesthetics.   His "metal persona" and dumb long hair doesn't compliment his small frame and insane abilities.  A good example is the small changes in Louie Lopez's kit. Him cutting his hair, banishing his beanie to the depths of hell, and changing his apparel to a more adult looking.  Now his raw skating isn't distracting and looks amazing in print or video and his skills stand out more amongst the whole flip team.

Who else is rocking wack gear and would benefit from a Fabo Les make over and a intervention or yet start a small opiate habit to loosen their wooden robotic bodies.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 03:34:28 PM by Retox »

ADOLF SHITLER

by far the gayest topic i seen here :-*

Monkey_Mcpott

Ill give this whirl....

As much as i love Baca and his skating, His cholo look versus his rocker look has been a bit hard to get used to still. Plus i'm not sure sure how many cholo skaters if any are out there to support his lowrider/la vida loca board graphics. Again i've been a huge Baca fan since the Pig wood days.

SHARPSHOOTER

Eric Koston should go back to having long hair and rocking eS/brown cargo pants.

Retox

Ill give this whirl....

As much as i love Baca and his skating, His cholo look versus his rocker look has been a bit hard to get used to still. Plus i'm not sure sure how many cholo skaters if any are out there to support his lowrider/la vida loca board graphics. Again i've been a huge Baca fan since the Pig wood days.

The cholo look overall is mind baffling. 

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
shit i've often thought he kinda reigned with that look (wouldnt work as well with other people tho)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Retox

Eric Koston should go back to having long hair and rocking eS/brown cargo pants.

I'd back this but his face now looks more puffier and all the internet raging isn't burning calories, so he' have to lose a few lbs.  His latest photos skating in his Air Max versions and full on Nike kite look stupid.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 03:56:04 PM by Retox »

OldmanEpic

90% of pros and ams should go back to baggy jeans and cargos, beanie at times as well.

Nagger Head

• Rep: -15
as slap's resident image consultant i'd say that dave bachinsky and ronnie creager desperately need makeovers.

Nagger Head

give me 24 hours with jake johnson and he'll be in the running for skater of the year 2015. if i could send his pants to a seamstress and convince him to wear a shirt that fit properly...man oh man...also he has a great head of hair it's time to style it properly thank you guys for the support i won't let you down

Nagger Head

joey brezinski is a lost cause

Nagger Head

andrew allen is hot

Nagger Head

i would fuck BA for cred but if i got to choose a sex partner i'd go with jeff grosso, he'd be gentle and also has those dad vibes i really like

busted-knee

• Rep: -12
Dave Bachinsky

Nagger Head

oh shit i totally forgot about torey pudwill....just gross all around, fuck

abudabi

greco. dude never changes his kit, shits getting stale man. he should try dressing like a woman or something.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
What if Sammy baca and Silas switched clothing styles?

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
sammy does the cholo look justice. I'd rock it if i could.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
Ill give this whirl....

It'd be interesting to see Baca get stepped to by some real cholos while he was in that outfit. Would he just take his clothes off and start crying or front like he was actually hard?
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Nagger Head

check out YG's flameboy tat

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
lame topic but Ill go with Nyjah. His style will forever look like shit wearing either spandex pants or cabana boy shorts

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
Adam Dyet

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Louie lopez in reverse for me
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Bill

• Rep: -32
Figgy lives down the street from me and I mistook him for a homeless dude at first. I'm not always hip to the new dudes on he scene.

#namedropping

@Retox I'm a little concerned the way you're so concerned with these so called "Kits" that some pros wear. You put a lot of thought into it, And just like Aaron Rodgers to Green Bay Packers fans, You need to R-E-L-A-X
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 10:05:46 PM by Bill »
Rule #1

Fashion Never Function

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
Expand Quote
Ill give this whirl....

[close]

It'd be interesting to see Baca get stepped to by some real cholos while he was in that outfit. Would he just take his clothes off and start crying or front like he was actually hard?

are you implying theres any chance baca ISNT a real cholo? association by family is real in those scenarios, dude reps Las Vegas hard, there is not shit for the people who live in Las Vegas and hella tourists breeds gangsters
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55

My vote goes to DAVID GONZALES.  The little guy is completely off the charts in talent and death defying tricks, but his kit is severely lacking in aesthetics.   His "metal persona" and dumb long hair doesn't compliment his small frame and insane abilities.  A good example is the small changes in Louie Lopez's kit. Him cutting his hair, banishing his beanie to the depths of hell, and changing his apparel to a more adult looking.  Now his raw skating isn't distracting and looks amazing in print or video and his skills stand out more amongst the whole flip team.

Who else is rocking wack gear and would benefit from a Fabo Les make over and a intervention or yet start a small opiate habit to loosen their wooden robotic bodies.
Besides this topic being absolutely ridiculous...

Louie Lopez is all of 18 at the most, so you're judging a kid who is growing up and probably actually realizing that dressing a certain way in a personal opinion instead of just wearing the clothes his sponsors give him. We all dressed like blind idiots when we were 15, don't tell me you were wearing your dickies and cons at that age  ::)
Baca is dressing the exact same as he was, he just shaved his head. Shorts, long socks, and button ups all the way to the neck. No difference. Yes, he's a cholo from the desert, that's fine and he probably would beat your ass for looking at him the wrong way.

I'm gonna say the old slap rhetoric in this situation... Post a fit! I'm sure your gear is no better or biting someone else's style. You can wear clown shoes for all I care. It's more embarrassing seeing someone copy somebody's style than to dress in their own crazy way.

SlayerKiller

• Rep: -37
Expand Quote

[close]
Besides this topic being absolutely ridiculous...

Louie Lopez is all of 18 at the most, so you're judging a kid who is growing up and probably actually realizing that dressing a certain way in a personal opinion instead of just wearing the clothes his sponsors give him. We all dressed like blind idiots when we were 15, don't tell me you were wearing your dickies and cons at that age  ::)
Baca is dressing the exact same as he was, he just shaved his head. Shorts, long socks, and button ups all the way to the neck. No difference. Yes, he's a cholo from the desert, that's fine and he probably would beat your ass for looking at him the wrong way.

I'm gonna say the old slap rhetoric in this situation... Post a fit! I'm sure your gear is no better or biting someone else's style. You can wear clown shoes for all I care. It's more embarrassing seeing someone copy somebody's style than to dress in their own crazy way.

this is exactly what the kids I knew wore when we were 15. 33 now...shit is the same as it ever was. cons and dickies have always been a great combo

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ill give this whirl....

[close]

[close]

are you implying theres any chance baca ISNT a real cholo? association by family is real in those scenarios, dude reps Las Vegas hard, there is not shit for the people who live in Las Vegas and hella tourists breeds gangsters
Baca would definitely stand his ground.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ill give this whirl....

[close]

[close]

[close]
Baca would definitely stand his ground.

Hahaha! You guys are fucking kidding yourselves! He's not a fucking gangster! Fabes, yeah - Baca, nope.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]