Author Topic: MLB Thread  (Read 33993 times)

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
Re: MLB Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2015, 01:00:59 PM »
blue jays are picking up the pieces they need. I've got them down to take the al pennant this year

as for my tigers... hoping miggy comes back healthy. hopefully they won't bring him back too early like they've done before

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2015, 06:36:17 PM »
Do they still do that thing where they put weights on the bat and practice swinging and then when they take them off now they have Super Swing?

spool of cord

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2015, 02:00:42 PM »
Jays really went all....forget the future, they want to be relevant today! Would feel pretty bad if the Yanks grab that division crown

Any other Mets fans in here? The whole Wilmer Flores saga this week....what an emotional way to end it last night!!! And we got Cespedes on loan from Detroit for literally nothing....huge series for us this weekend, so thrilled to be in the thick of the hunt on 8/1
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2015, 07:04:17 PM »
Jays really went all....forget the future, they want to be relevant today! Would feel pretty bad if the Yanks grab that division crown

Any other Mets fans in here? The whole Wilmer Flores saga this week....what an emotional way to end it last night!!! And we got Cespedes on loan from Detroit for literally nothing....huge series for us this weekend, so thrilled to be in the thick of the hunt on 8/1

mets starting rotation is fucking phenomenal

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2015, 09:22:55 PM »
damn straight, 3 HR 5th inning tonight to sweep the Nats. Bats are firing on all cylinders, we're tied for 1st and it's 8/3. Unreal!

Mets Blue Jays World Series!

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2015, 11:30:22 AM »
damn straight, 3 HR 5th inning tonight to sweep the Nats. Bats are firing on all cylinders, we're tied for 1st and it's 8/3. Unreal!

such a good game last night. I've got the astros and mets in the ws

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2015, 12:17:04 PM »
AL seems kind of wide open. I think any 4 of the top AL clubs can take it.

Coming off 3 100 loss seasons, still hard to believe we have a 5 game cushion in the AL west heading into August.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2015, 01:21:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

such a good game last night. I've got the astros and mets in the ws

Astros without a doubt are gonna at least make the ALCS. The Mets, albeit having a pretty easy schedule from here on out, face an uphill battle to get into the playoffs. Same goes for the Pirates, Cubs, SF/LA, Washington.....even Atlanta is lurking in the shadows. & Philly's been super hot since the break but I can't see them doing it after trading away those big pieces.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2015, 09:14:14 PM »
Not gonna let this thread fade back to page 2, it's August 6th and the Metropolitans have won six in a row!

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2015, 06:20:58 PM »
I fucking hate KC. I've probably watched the clip of Bautista's homer off of elf face Wade Davis 300 times.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2015, 06:32:27 PM »
Man, NOBODY talks about St. Louis.  Clearly the best team in baseball and on a tear lately. 

Giants are being the Giants.  Bad right now, could get better, could get worse.  Leake already on the DL after one goddamn start.  Sounds about right.. I can't make any predictions I'll just let my hair go grey.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2015, 05:41:48 PM »
No one talks Cardinals cause they're like the Yankees of the NL. Speaking of which- Jays sweep the Yankess for the first time since 2003...crazy!! And in the Bronx, no less.

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2015, 07:10:51 AM »
No one talks Cardinals cause they're like the Yankees of the NL. Speaking of which- Jays sweep the Yankess for the first time since 2003...crazy!! And in the Bronx, no less.

toronto is getting ridiculous. with price and tulo... damn good team

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2015, 09:09:42 AM »
Ok, Cueto pitched 9 innings of shutout baseball last night allowing four hits.  I'm excited.  We just need to support him offensively and get the rest of our starting pitching sorted.

as a Tigers fan hoping for the second wc spot, I was sad. but living in cincy and seeing Cueto pitch so well and not being able to make it far into the post season with the Reds, in hoping he'll get that chance for at least this year, assuming the royals won't sign him at the end

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2015, 02:14:50 PM »
Whether or not we sign him (and can afford him) will probably come down to the post season.  If anything I think we would sign him for just one more year since most of the team will stay through 2016.  In a perfect world we'd keep Zobrist too.

I think he's gonna go max scherzer and sign a HUGE contract with a team I didn't see coming

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2015, 06:51:47 PM »
Blue Jays are finally good and it makes me sick. 9 straight wins, can they keep it up? As long as AR Dickless doesn't throw batting practice they're in the playoffs

I predict a Giants/KC world series, again.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2015, 07:28:39 PM »
Twins are beating the Ranger like they stole something 11-1. I like this. Hopefully it'll be the swift kick in the pants we need as a team.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2015, 07:56:08 PM »
Twins are beating the Ranger like they stole something 11-1. I like this. Hopefully it'll be the swift kick in the pants we need as a team.
Minnesota looked good until this, there's no recovery from an event like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GyUBA1mjRw

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2015, 08:12:13 PM »
That's about right, after that we'll just end up like the Cubs

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2015, 09:38:36 PM »
Amazins break out the broom...4 game sweep of the Rockies....Cargo proclaims Jacob deGrom 'best pitcher I've faced all year'.

Sad to say but I don't think this is Detroit or SF's year..

and...that McClutchen homer...that's absurd..completely, utterly absurd....

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2015, 05:42:29 AM »
Amazins break out the broom...4 game sweep of the Rockies....Cargo proclaims Jacob deGrom 'best pitcher I've faced all year'.

depending on how/if miggy plays tonight, I think we might be able to make a run for the second wc spot. verlander has gotten much better since his first couple starts, it's just whenever he's pitching, our offense can't keep it up. maybe we can make a 2014 royals like run

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2015, 08:03:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

depending on how/if miggy plays tonight, I think we might be able to make a run for the second wc spot. verlander has gotten much better since his first couple starts, it's just whenever he's pitching, our offense can't keep it up. maybe we can make a 2014 royals like run

Don't write off SF... I say the same thing every single year ("damn there's no way this limp offense/shaky pitching can make it to the playoffs") and glad to say I've been wrong 3 of the last 5.  They BARELY made it in last year and were one of the worst (if not THE worst) teams after the all star break.  They gotta go for the division this year though, don't think they can make the wild card.

It's pretty exciting watching all these different teams make runs for the playoffs... honestly the addition of the 2nd wild card has made this shit so much more interesting.  Definitely Selig's best move.  Post-season is going to be a blast!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 12:10:46 PM by bea! »

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2015, 10:40:38 PM »
Mets 8 HRs tonight = franchise record. 49 runs scored in the last four games. Truly amazin'

Tracer

« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2015, 10:45:47 PM »
Mets look great, DeGrom is beast. They can't win on the road though which is the most important thing. Noone is scared of them.

Houston, Mets, Cubs, Toronto, this has to be the strangest season in MLB history. No salary cap

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2015, 10:50:47 PM »
They have been killing it on the road this month dude...also deGrom gave up like six earned runs tonight...you need to brush up on your baseball!

But yeah, this is the season I dreamed of as a child during the yankees/braves/red sox dynasties era....year of the underdog for sure...still gunning for a mets/jays WS

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2015, 09:48:55 PM »
mets 7 wins in a row

...all I gotta say  ;D

Tracer

« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2015, 10:20:18 PM »
In 13 innings, against Philly...

Nothing changes in baseball, St Louis just swept Arizona with a lock for the postseason. Pirates are the only real sleeper team, Texas could make some noise but they always choke.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2015, 06:21:06 AM »
Funny thing I was reading about the NL Central and the Wild Card... basically the Cardinals are the best team, the Pirates and Cubs are a lock for the Wild Card.  The good news about that is that they are all going to eliminate each other if they go to the post-season.  Pirates and Cubs will play each other in 1 game, then the winner plays the Cardinals in the first round.

So if you're a fan of the Mets or the whomever wins the west (mouth shut) it's good news that 2 of the 3 best teams in baseball will be gone before they see them in the playoffs.

I have a hard time rooting for the underdog Cubs after I watched that Bartman 30 for 30.  Their frat boy fans bother me too.

Mets are the shit, and I take pleasure in watching them run off with the East... especially after the Nats paid a shitload for Scherzer and Bryce Harper said "just give us the rings now".  That whole coaching staff is going to get pink slips.

Giants are still keeping it close, with 2/3 of the lineup on the DL and ragtag group of backup AAA players on the field.  Fingers crossed.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2015, 03:49:18 PM »
I believe going into the season a good portion of the "baseball tonight crew" had a Nats/Mariners World Series ha.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2015, 09:48:39 PM »
Fucking Sox walking 4 straight in the bottom of the 10th, and some how still pull out a win? I hate this team so much, but love them so much