Author Topic: DLX Shapes  (Read 230337 times)

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
Re: DLX Shapes
« Reply #780 on: October 16, 2020, 09:41:02 AM »
I'm getting my Krooked Cromer "lil snuff " shape tomorrow. Hella psyched. Hope it stays in the rotation

sammyz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #781 on: October 20, 2020, 01:14:34 AM »
So im not sure if it was here or different thread but someone mentioned that anti hero has stopped making the Brown bomber shape.

I recently got one and love it...i have another on standby. I feel like since getting back into skating, this is now my favourite shape ever. The shape looks cool, the dimensions are a perfect fit for me...everything about it feels right.

I’ve only found a couple of places on Australia that still have stock, if they have stopped making them, i might go buy up all the stock i can find.

Does anyone know for sure if they are still making that Brown bomber shape??

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #782 on: October 20, 2020, 06:24:23 AM »
So im not sure if it was here or different thread but someone mentioned that anti hero has stopped making the Brown bomber shape.

I recently got one and love it...i have another on standby. I feel like since getting back into skating, this is now my favourite shape ever. The shape looks cool, the dimensions are a perfect fit for me...everything about it feels right.

I’ve only found a couple of places on Australia that still have stock, if they have stopped making them, i might go buy up all the stock i can find.

I think I was one of those people, but it was more expressing concern that it would be discontinued rather than saying it was.

Mentioned this in another thread, but I emailed DLX to ask about the Cardiel shape and they told me it was just out of stock, but not discontinued. Same with the shaped eagles (didn't ask about specific models). So my guess is that with the shortage they're prioritizing popsicle shapes but will at some point make more shaped boards. The bomber seemed to be one of the more popular shapes so it seems likely that once the start doing more shapes that will be one of them.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #783 on: October 20, 2020, 06:14:56 PM »

If you can afford it, get whatever remaining stock there is.

So many people I know have said they wished they bought another one or more of "whatever amazing product" they were using at the time, but couldn't find any more when they wanted another one.

If you are in Aus like me, Kingpin store has six left on ebay with discounts on more.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Anti-Hero-Skateboard-Deck-Shaped-Eagle-Brown-Bomber-8-86-Overspray-Antihero/283903293515

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

sammyz

« Reply #784 on: October 21, 2020, 01:36:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So many people I know have said they wished they bought another one or more of "whatever amazing product" they were using at the time, but couldn't find any more when they wanted another one.

If you are in Aus like me, Kingpin store has six left on ebay with discounts on more.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Anti-Hero-Skateboard-Deck-Shaped-Eagle-Brown-Bomber-8-86-Overspray-Antihero/283903293515

Man...thats not what the voice inside my head needed to hear...i saw those at kingpin too...its why i raised the question, because i was so close to buying a stack!

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1924
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #785 on: October 21, 2020, 03:10:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Man...thats not what the voice inside my head needed to hear...i saw those at kingpin too...its why i raised the question, because i was so close to buying a stack!

Damn 120 AUD for boards, I do not envy you guys.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #786 on: October 21, 2020, 06:50:32 AM »

Breathe, relax, work out approximate time each board lasts, then work out how much you can afford, then you have a better picture of where you are at.

If you sit on it for a full day and recheck after that, you should also be able to work out if it is a panic buy in total excess or if it is justified.

At some point there will be more, because they are popular enough to continue and the eagle graphic is timeless, but it might be up to a year before more of those are in the country, maybe less but we just don't know.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #787 on: October 21, 2020, 06:56:36 AM »

Damn 120 AUD for boards, I do not envy you guys.

Yeah I know, right?

Although it sounds like a lot, it is relative to the rate of pay and the Aussie dollar in general, eg hourly rate from about $20 for minimum adult (often more like $30), fast food meal about $10, carton of beer $40 etc.

That said, the latest drop that has just come out is about $140 for the 8.91 Gonz sweatpants graphic, with other normal decks being about $130 each.

sammyz

« Reply #788 on: October 21, 2020, 03:25:20 PM »
Yeah just noticed OCD has a new shipment of Deluxe decks...lots of popsicles...the only shaped deck is the gonz sweatpants. I think its probably 6-9 months before stock in Oz returns to normal.

Also on the price of decks, down here its always been 120’ish...even in 1988, I remember my mum bought my brother and I our first new board at the time...my bro got a pink tony hawk for $129 and i got a madrid elguera $119.

I don’t remember most other things but this still sticks out in my head!

Glurmpz

« Reply #789 on: November 08, 2020, 07:51:53 PM »
More interesting quirks from DLX shapes...

We got a bunch of Anti Hero decks in today, and there were a few 8.4's in there. I'd only seen that size once before (also a BBS pressed brand, Jenny), so I stood on one to check it out. Right off the bat, it felt barely any bigger than the Real 8.25 I'm skating (which actually measures closer to 8.30), so I measured it to see how wide it actually was. Turns out it's 8 5/16 consistently down the rail. I checked the other two 8.4's and they were the same.

Now, here's where it gets interesting - I decided to measure the only two 8.38 DLX decks we have. One Real deck and one of the new Anti Hero's. They both measured 8 7/16.

So, the DLX "8.38" shape is actually wider than their "8.4" shape, consistently within our stock, at least.

Moral of the story - don't ever trust what the sticker/online description says. Every brand seems to make consistent mistakes when it comes to concave and size labelling. (I've seen 3 completely different Baker shapes that all had the same sticker "OG shape, mellow concave, 8.375")

TumKayo

« Reply #790 on: November 08, 2020, 08:22:53 PM »
What's going on with the Krooked and Anti Hero Fall/Winter Catalogs? Boards are already arriving at stores, but their catalogs aren't out yet. Not a big deal, but some of the boards on line don't have pictures yet, and I wanna see!

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #791 on: November 09, 2020, 02:49:15 AM »
What's going on with the Krooked and Anti Hero Fall/Winter Catalogs? Boards are already arriving at stores, but their catalogs aren't out yet. Not a big deal, but some of the boards on line don't have pictures yet, and I wanna see!

Like these ones?  I know I hadn't seen anything about them before seeing them online via other shops and now their instagram accounts.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #792 on: November 09, 2020, 03:00:06 AM »
More interesting quirks from DLX shapes...

So, the DLX "8.38" shape is actually wider than their "8.4" shape, consistently within our stock, at least.

Yes, they are consistently larger than others, which is also why I have been so stoked on the 8.38 size as they are or seem almost as big as some of the 8.5s that are out, but have the shape and feel I like, for bigger longer boards.

I have often noticed the DLX 8.25 feel so much bigger that almost every other 8.25 size, even the other BBS 8.25 boards too, as well as having fairly consistently medium to steep concaves throughout, whereas the 8.38 seems to often be very mellow, not just the Kyle Walker mellow versions, but almost all of them I have had or seen.

Any which way, I haven't heard or seen anyone NOT happy with their DLX board that I can think of, even if the sizes are a bit out and I am consistently stoked on all the boards I have from DLX.

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #793 on: November 09, 2020, 04:57:02 AM »
AntiHero latest catalog can be found at
http://www.antiheroskateboards.com/2020-delivery-4/

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #794 on: November 09, 2020, 05:10:09 AM »
For lovers graphics are terrible haha
Interested in that grant 8.75”  *edit but just realized it’s the same dims as white eagle. Unsure about shape?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 06:30:09 AM by jay_nev »

trash

• Rep: 15
« Reply #795 on: November 09, 2020, 05:52:59 AM »
For lovers graphics are terrible haha
Interested in that grant 8.75”

Yeah, kind of bummed since the only new board that Kanfoush's Expressions shape is available on is the GT lover and the one Stranger deck.

Any other boards under DLX have that shape right now? (8.4 x 32, 14.25 WB)

TumKayo

« Reply #796 on: November 09, 2020, 07:00:36 AM »

Thats it! Still can’t see the krooked catalog, and I’m really tryna see what  that 9.81 Gonz “stairs” board looks like. 

Frank and Fred

« Reply #797 on: November 09, 2020, 09:06:10 AM »
What is the Cardiel 'Hella Tight' construction? Is it just the 8.62 with a slightly shorter wb?

Glurmpz

« Reply #798 on: November 09, 2020, 09:16:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Like these ones?  I know I hadn't seen anything about them before seeing them online via other shops and now their instagram accounts.

This is the series I did the measurements with.

Dan Gerous

« Reply #799 on: November 10, 2020, 09:03:03 AM »
I just measured four Ishod Twin Tails, two 8.25 and two 8.5. Widths are bang on on all of them (measured straight, without pushing into the concave), length and wheelbase are also as advertised on the 8.25 but both 8.5 are a bit shorter (advertised 32.2, measured a hair under 32, barely longer than the 8.25), the tails are all a tad longer than advertised, closer to 6.75 for both sizes instead of the claimed 6.72 and 6.625 but that is good news to me.

I was on a 8.5 but found it a bit big so I'm downsizing to the 8.25. The shapes are noticably different though, the 8.5 has fuller tails, looks like perfect half circles, the 8.25 have more tapered tails.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #800 on: November 10, 2020, 09:20:02 AM »
I just measured four Ishod Twin Tails, two 8.25 and two 8.5. Widths are bang on on all of them (measured straight, without pushing into the concave), length and wheelbase are also as advertised on the 8.25 but both 8.5 are a bit shorter (advertised 32.2, measured a hair under 32, barely longer than the 8.25), the tails are all a tad longer than advertised, closer to 6.75 for both sizes instead of the claimed 6.72 and 6.625 but that is good news to me.

I was on a 8.5 but found it a bit big so I'm downsizing to the 8.25. The shapes are noticably different though, the 8.5 has fuller tails, looks like perfect half circles, the 8.25 have more tapered tails.

Thank you for the data sir. Did you happen to measure the wheelbases?

Dan Gerous

« Reply #801 on: November 10, 2020, 09:28:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yes, 14 1/2 on the 8.5 and 14 1/3 on the 8.25 as advertised.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #802 on: November 10, 2020, 09:29:46 AM »
More Lil Snuff boards please

TumKayo

« Reply #803 on: November 10, 2020, 09:32:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yes, 14 1/2 on the 8.5 and 14 1/3 on the 8.25 as advertised.

The more info I see on this 8.5 Twin Tail, the more it seems perfect for me. This will be my next 8.5 board, but not until next year.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #804 on: November 10, 2020, 01:33:27 PM »

Thank you!  Don't know how I missed it but it is still not linked from DLXSF and didn't come up from any other searches either.

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #805 on: November 10, 2020, 01:49:03 PM »
Stranger 8.4 with the 14.25 WB sounds interesting - I've been pretty big on the 8.38 with 14.5 WB AH + Krooked decks for the past year.

trash

• Rep: 15
« Reply #806 on: November 10, 2020, 03:07:52 PM »
Stranger 8.4 with the 14.25 WB sounds interesting - I've been pretty big on the 8.38 with 14.5 WB AH + Krooked decks for the past year.

I posted about it above, but I'm skating that shape on the Kanfoush expressions deck and it's the best. I tried to stockpile a few since I'm not a fan of the graphics on this run, but most shops are sold out.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #807 on: November 10, 2020, 04:30:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thats it! Still can’t see the krooked catalog, and I’m really tryna see what  that 9.81 Gonz “stairs” board looks like.

Found a stairs graphic for you - regular and shaped:

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Krooked_Gonz_Stairs_Deck/descpage-KKGZSTR85DK.html

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Krooked_Gonz_Stairs_Deck/descpage-KKG98STRSDK.html

TumKayo

« Reply #808 on: November 10, 2020, 04:36:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Found a stairs graphic for you

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Krooked_Gonz_Stairs_Deck/descpage-KKGZSTR85DK.html

Thanks for looking out.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #809 on: November 10, 2020, 04:43:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I posted about it above, but I'm skating that shape on the Kanfoush expressions deck and it's the best. I tried to stockpile a few since I'm not a fan of the graphics on this run, but most shops are sold out.

At least a bit of excess griptape used as sandpaper and the animals on the Lovers series are all but gone, whereas the Stranger just hurts my eyes.

Did you see above the board measurements show those 8.4 to be smaller than they are?  I have a few and they were good rides for what they were, but it is interesting to see how much smaller than the 8.38s they seemed.