Author Topic: Camera setup help  (Read 782 times)

Bliz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
Camera setup help
« on: June 02, 2015, 12:01:56 PM »
So I'm looking for a new camera, preferably a camcorder that does 1080p/60fps that I can slap a fisheye on and has mic input, and was wondering if anybody is able to steer me in the right direction?

Cameron Hoegee

Re: Camera setup help
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 06:34:29 PM »
depends what your price range is. if you want something cheaper but will do everything you want go for a Canon T5i, with a Rokinon 8mm Fisheye and Rode microphone. If youve got a little more to spend look at the Canon 60d and 70d.

*edit*
just saw you said preferably camcorder. my bad, hopefully this is still helpful.

Bliz

• Rep: -35
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 07:21:51 PM »
depends what your price range is. if you want something cheaper but will do everything you want go for a Canon T5i, with a Rokinon 8mm Fisheye and Rode microphone. If youve got a little more to spend look at the Canon 60d and 70d.

*edit*
just saw you said preferably camcorder. my bad, hopefully this is still helpful.

It's all good, thank you for the suggestion though!

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 12:21:36 AM »
hvx's go for relatively cheap on ebay. just get ready to invest in the proper fisheye for it
HVX's only do 1080 60i, not progressive. I prefer the look of 60i since it doesn't give off that football footage vibe; that's just me. The Panasonic AC90 is the cheapest of their (good) camcorders to do that. Check that out if it's in your price range (Xtreme included).
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

fisherman666

• Rep: -1
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 10:57:44 AM »
Don't know shit about camcorders, except hvx footy which is tight, but dslr cams do a great job for me. I have a t3i with the rokinon fisheye, rode videomic go and camcaddie. The caddy is really versatile when it comes to customizing the rig for your own preference (lights, external mic etc.)