Author Topic: The other shoes thread  (Read 54005 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: The other shoes thread
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2015, 04:24:10 PM »
im wit dese

Damn, those are Fire! Primeknit tubular 93? I like the strap on the heel, remind me of Y-3 retro boost.

edit: Found them http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2015/09/adidas-tubular-nyc-fashion-week-pop-up
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 04:39:28 PM by Sk.A.T.A.N »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2015, 05:19:38 PM »
I wear New Balance 993's and every version before it for the last 12 years. I put memory foam insoles in them, high quality ones, not dr scholls.
They are made in america and are not cheap here is Canada but they last a very long time and come in grey. Besides the grey they are too sporty for me, but I absolutely can not get through a work day without them.
In the winter I wear docs with the same memory insoles from the NB's.
If i could give any young skaters advice it would be only wear skate shoes when skating and get good shoes when you are not.

95% of sneakerheads will think those kind of NB's are trash/dad shoes, which i disagree... My favourite ones are the 991's. With good colorways they can look great and i bet the quality is top notch.

These one's are a limited release of the 990 for the opening of a Lisbon NB store. I think they're dope!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2015, 01:15:16 PM »
I just got these, I didn't get them from premier. So it didn't come with the box, license plate and stuff.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2015, 02:24:37 PM »
Clarks 'un.ravel' for work

fuckin' amazing if you have to stand/walk around all day

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2015, 03:58:25 PM »
not amazing if you have to look down and see those all day
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2015, 06:41:54 PM »
I just got these, I didn't get them from premier. So it didn't come with the box, license plate and stuff.

Damn, you must be hyped! These are hands down the best NB release this year.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2015, 10:27:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks, but the NB997 x CNCPTS "Luxury Goods" take the cake. They killed it with the Hermes theme.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2015, 06:00:57 AM »
I just got a new pair of Nike Pegasus 30s from an outlet store for $49.99. They are super comfy but are in a deep blue that goes with nothing that I own.

It's strange but I don't think this colorway was released during the "official" lifespan of the shoe. I don't know if they are from a new run or a straight-to-outlet model. I do believe that neither the 31 or the 32 was as widely well liked as the 30 (mainly for the30's cushioning attributes).

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2015, 07:21:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks, but the NB997 x CNCPTS "Luxury Goods" take the cake. They killed it with the Hermes theme.

Well, that's for sure a beauty and the quality looks unbelievable but i like the 998 color the most. Orange isnt really my thing.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2015, 05:40:31 PM »
^^ i use it quite regularly!   ;D
This new Saucony's are killing me...

Their game has been on point for a minute now!
Shadow 5000s :o

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2015, 06:46:48 PM »
Expand Quote
^^ i use it quite regularly!   ;D
This new Saucony's are killing me...

[close]

Their game has been on point for a minute now!
Shadow 5000s :o

The owner of my local skateshop is always rocking those shadow 5000's! In fact this week he had some new grid 9000, dope shoe too! Saucony is getting bigger here, i start to see them more often than before.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Green Bastard

• Rep: 7
« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2015, 06:19:22 PM »
http://www.vans.com/shop/mens-shoes-classics/sk8-hi-mte-glazed-ginger I know their vans but I thought these would be sick to get for winter as a replacement for boots.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2015, 03:16:08 PM »
http://www.vans.com/shop/mens-shoes-classics/sk8-hi-mte-glazed-ginger I know their vans but I thought these would be sick to get for winter as a replacement for boots.

if only they'd bring back the Switchbacks, i loved my pair

Lonechicken

• Rep: 11
« Reply #133 on: October 06, 2015, 11:23:19 AM »
This probably falls under the RippedLaces "Skate Whatever The Fuck You Want" nonsense, but did anyone try Starbury's when they first came out? They're back and supposedly going for $15. I'm not a mid/high-top guy anymore, but $15 sounds intriguing.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #134 on: October 07, 2015, 06:43:47 AM »
This probably falls under the RippedLaces "Skate Whatever The Fuck You Want" nonsense, but did anyone try Starbury's when they first came out? They're back and supposedly going for $15. I'm not a mid/high-top guy anymore, but $15 sounds intriguing.

Ohh, that must be why he was calling out Jordan again for how much his shoes go for. The silhouettes don't look terrible, if the shoes aren't garbage I might pick up a pair to hoop in just for shits and giggles.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2015, 12:09:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Ohh, that must be why he was calling out Jordan again for how much his shoes go for. The silhouettes don't look terrible, if the shoes aren't garbage I might pick up a pair to hoop in just for shits and giggles.

I didnt knew this brand but i like the concept behind it. Not everyone can afford quality products because they are often overpriced. That being said i do think that design looks a bit outdated... I know it's a 15 dollar shoe but they could release something more appealing.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: October 15, 2015, 10:04:58 PM »
So I know I said I wasn't buying any more shoes ... but I got these paid for by my workplace on a recent business trip

I must have tried on 50 fucking pairs of shoes I swear. Really dug these saucony shadows but they didn't have them in 1/2 sizes:

Shadow 6000s were also really comfy but too out there in terms of colourways. What else did I try? Some (loud) purple gore tex gel lyte 5s which had fucking clamp-like heel lock. Also tried some NBs with abzorb soles which were the bomb ... then again I couldn't justify $200 for shoes when I easily have 20+ pairs (and a family). Anyway I really like the welded 565s, little bit tight so I'm hoping they will stretch :(

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2015, 01:11:15 AM »
So I know I said I wasn't buying any more shoes ... but I got these paid for by my workplace on a recent business trip

New Balance 565

I must have tried on 50 fucking pairs of shoes I swear. Really dug these saucony shadows but they didn't have them in 1/2 sizes:
Saucony shadow 5000

Shadow 6000s were also really comfy but too out there in terms of colourways. What else did I try? Some (loud) purple gore tex gel lyte 5s which had fucking clamp-like heel lock. Also tried some NBs with abzorb soles which were the bomb ... then again I couldn't justify $200 for shoes when I easily have 20+ pairs (and a family). Anyway I really like the welded 565s, little bit tight so I'm hoping they will stretch :(

These are nice. I like those basic models from NB, they usually are really comfy. I was in a store last week that had the real hale pack from NB (ct300, 576, 1500), all made in UK. And holy shit, that screamed quality about 5 miles away. But they were 200€+, not a thinkable price for me. I dont spend more than 100€ in a shoe, so i usually wait for the sale season when i find cool gems.

Saw this one last week too, not my favourite model but this colorway really caught my eye and for 80€ they looked great quality. Been thinking on them.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2015, 06:00:33 PM »
These are nice. I like those basic models from NB, they usually are really comfy. I was in a store last week that had the real hale pack from NB (ct300, 576, 1500), all made in UK. And holy shit, that screamed quality about 5 miles away. But they were 200�+, not a thinkable price for me. I dont spend more than 100� in a shoe, so i usually wait for the sale season when i find cool gems.

Saw this one last week too, not my favourite model but this colorway really caught my eye and for 80� they looked great quality. Been thinking on them.

Thanks Sk.A.T.A.N you're always good for a chat in this thread. I will say the NB defs look a lot crispier on my feet than they do in that pic. Was wearing them on Saturday and they really have a nice comfort factor. I think the speckled sole is what nails on those reeboks you posted, did you end up buying them?

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2015, 06:30:22 PM »
came up on ebay, replaced my murdered out ones that i've been wearing for two years  :
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2015, 07:50:48 PM »
very hyped on these J. Crew x Nike Killshots

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2015, 08:24:54 PM »
Last month to month and a half of pick-ups.

Only wore the Royal 1 Low OG and Referee/Black Cat XI Low out of the bunch. Hope to wear the rest soon enough. Ultra Boost most likely next.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2015, 11:23:25 PM »
Gay Imp Sausage Metal:
Thanks, i love talking about sneakers. :D Not yet. And dont know if i will. I was thinking that the raining time is coming and i dont have any boot or waterproof sneaker so i'm looking for something in that category.
I'm with my eyes on a pair of Gourmets quadici lite that i found for cheap but i'm unsure about the colorway. I really like the duck boot/runner look tho.

Pawl:
Those are such a beauty. Me being a complete fan of the Free OG's those are like 1 up in the radness factor!

Jake from state farm:
A shop near my town has those in the outlet section for less that half the price, but they are half size bigger than my feet. Bummer, would be skating them for sure.

Tate:
Not very fond of Jordans but the ultra boosts are killer! Wish they werent so pricey. :/

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Safariferrari

• Rep: 42
« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2015, 01:43:35 AM »

sick. alex olson skated in those i think.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2015, 02:04:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

sick. alex olson skated in those i think.

yup.  there were tons of them at my local Ross.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 11:48:08 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2015, 07:26:48 PM »
Seeing a lot of runners/trainers in here, i've started walking more and wanted a shoe with more support then the ctas i stomp around in, i've talked mucho shit on Globe in the upcoming shoes thread but saw their roam lyte runner thing for cheap and figure it's gotta be better than cons at least for short walks, i don't wanna spend hundreds on a walking shoe but wanted some opinion on these

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2015, 07:40:46 PM »
maybe go with a non-skate company for walking comfy shoes? I made the mistake of buying some Supra Owens a few years back ... not a terrible shoe per se, but I'm sure for the same scrilla I could have gotten something with a bit more support/ cushion

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #147 on: October 21, 2015, 02:47:47 PM »
Seeing a lot of runners/trainers in here, i've started walking more and wanted a shoe with more support then the ctas i stomp around in, i've talked mucho shit on Globe in the upcoming shoes thread but saw their roam lyte runner thing for cheap and figure it's gotta be better than cons at least for short walks, i don't wanna spend hundreds on a walking shoe but wanted some opinion on these

I can say that for style points they run pretty low... haha But for quality i cant speak, they could be good. I think you could find good better cheap options at some Adidas/Nike outlet or something...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2015, 09:17:37 PM »
came up on ebay, replaced my murdered out ones that i've been wearing for two years  :
i'm guessing you like these a lot if you had another pair for two years and got another? how's the cushion/support? there's a dope looking pair on eBay that's priced well that i've been eyeing

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2015, 09:54:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I can say that for style points they run pretty low... haha But for quality i cant speak, they could be good. I think you could find good better cheap options at some Adidas/Nike outlet or something...

Etnies Scouts and Nike Roshe are both super comfy! You can wear either all day no problem. I picked up some Emerica Reynolds Cruiser LT's and hate them. Light but no comfort. The Globes you posted looks like the sole is similar to the Roshe, so it's probably comfortable. If they were cheap enough I'd perhaps sport a pair.