Author Topic: Nyjah to Nike in three months  (Read 123166 times)

Aatila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -304
Re: Nyjah to Nike in three months
« Reply #300 on: October 14, 2015, 05:27:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
actually now i think about it nike was kinda cool in the beginning when they were hooking up pros that were kinda under the radar.
[close]

That was all part of the business plan no?
[close]

It still is, except now they sponsor EVERYONE so it isn't as clear anymore. Whenever we get to bitching about their hot shot super star team they're buying, oh look Bobby Worrest rides for them now that's cool that he gets support and a steady check.

For transparency I'm skating 2 pair of the GT blazers.
[close]

You can add Ben Raybourn, Wieger, and Justin Brock to that list as well.

thats what makes em sick to an extent because those names wouldn't be on the emerica, es, dc etc if nike wasn't around.  but then you have the already established and financially well pros who go chase after the nikes after years of bashing them ultimately taking away from the underdogs

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #301 on: October 14, 2015, 11:06:26 PM »
how the fuck you guys just gonna steal this thread from fabrizio
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #302 on: October 15, 2015, 03:10:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
actually now i think about it nike was kinda cool in the beginning when they were hooking up pros that were kinda under the radar.
[close]

[close]

It still is, except now they sponsor EVERYONE so it isn't as clear anymore. Whenever we get to bitching about their hot shot super star team they're buying, oh look Bobby Worrest rides for them now that's cool that he gets support and a steady check.

[close]

Jake Duncombe even rides for Nike

Greg

• Rep: -43
  • CRUSTY PALMS
    • // 1017 GLO GANG // FREE MAX B // FREE GUCCI // STREET MONEY // BLACKLAND // HOTHEADS // FUCKOUTTAHERE // avatar image
« Reply #303 on: October 15, 2015, 03:20:22 AM »
i can see it on instagram now, thats gonna be the day where i block nike
| FUCK JAMIE THOMAS | IT'S CURTAINS |

blue

• Rep: -22
« Reply #304 on: October 15, 2015, 09:10:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Jake Duncombe even rides for Nike

Pretty sure he's off now.
hasn't posted anything in forever.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #305 on: October 15, 2015, 09:50:24 AM »
Nike sponsors the entire Australian continent don't they? To kill Globe in their last remaining stronghold?

ratherwatch

« Reply #306 on: October 15, 2015, 11:23:37 AM »
USD 25 million although I can't remember how long the contract was supposed to be which is a big thing in American sports deals I suppose- presumably at least until 2020 is out of the way, but if it was for 10 years it would make the 200,000 a month figure accurate. I know its vulgar to talk about money, but its also a gauge of what skateboarding's stock is now worth in mainstream western consumer culture.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #307 on: October 15, 2015, 12:31:57 PM »

Ben Raybourn, Wieger, and Justin Brock to that list as well.

would watch this chronicle.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Fukd

• Rep: -45
« Reply #308 on: October 15, 2015, 01:58:30 PM »
Heard from a solid source that the deal is 10 years, 3 million a year. So that makes a $30 million contact overall. He will be signed under Nike head to toe at the end of this month.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -258
« Reply #309 on: October 15, 2015, 02:18:35 PM »
Heard from a solid source that the deal is 10 years, 3 million a year. So that makes a $30 million contact overall. He will be signed under Nike head to toe at the end of this month.

Reveal the source.

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #310 on: October 15, 2015, 02:43:29 PM »
Fuck Nike

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -378
  • ants suck!
« Reply #311 on: October 15, 2015, 03:12:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It took me a while, but I just finished reading Thrasher's October Issue and it has in the last pages something about "Biggest Contest Skater moving to Biggest Sport Brand" or something like that. When I get home I'll take a picture and post that up, or if someone has one copy available, do us the favor.

I wonder when they're going to announce it
[close]

I haven't seen what you mentioned but it looks like they're talking about Luan's move to Mountain Dew instead of Nyjah going to Nike SB.

And regarding "De la Calle"'s video, it's surprising Nyjah's not on it. Are we going to see him in Chronicles 3?  ;D hahahah.
[close]
Nah man, got a picture yesterday, says "biggest shoe company"

what does it say about tijuana ? thats my neighbor city, but whatever i dont really care about JT anymore
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #312 on: October 15, 2015, 10:32:35 PM »
whatever the deal is worth, it should be able to buy a whole lotta coke and groupies.

congrats david loy.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #313 on: October 16, 2015, 07:11:53 AM »
Heard from 15 people on this website that the deal is anywhere between $100 for 25 years and $60,000,000,000,000 for an hour and a half, because you can say anything with "I heard" attached and at least four people will believe you.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #314 on: October 16, 2015, 07:57:06 AM »
Heard from 15 people on this website that the deal is anywhere between $100 for 25 years and $60,000,000,000,000 for an hour and a half, because you can say anything with "I heard" attached and at least four people will believe you.

Holy shit! That's undeniably believable!

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #315 on: October 16, 2015, 09:46:33 AM »
I still think DC folding is a bigger deal than Nyjah's punk ass getting paid. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #316 on: October 16, 2015, 10:19:19 AM »

i highly doubt that DC is folding.  Trimming the fat?  Yes.  Going out of business??  No. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

shit_for_brains

« Reply #317 on: October 16, 2015, 12:50:03 PM »
DC is just getting back to their core market of backyard wrestling fans and fat 25 year old women at motocross events.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #318 on: October 16, 2015, 01:03:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i highly doubt that DC is folding.  Trimming the fat?  Yes.  Going out of business??  No. 

Unfortunately it seems like the skate program is the fat that will be getting trimmed

midevilco

« Reply #319 on: October 16, 2015, 01:13:16 PM »
Expand Quote
I still think DC folding is a bigger deal than Nyjah's punk ass getting paid.�
[close]

i highly doubt that DC is folding.� Trimming the fat?� Yes.� Going out of business??� No.�

Not sure what is going on there. They recently opened a Quicksilver / Roxy / DC outlet by my house, in a very weird place, in a random shopping center. Not a place with a ton of clothing retail or even an outlet mall, just a place with a few bigger chains and a few local businesses.  Very random to see it pop up out of nowhere basically overnight. Liquidating inventory quickly? Test retail run for a sellout to Payless, Airwalk style?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #320 on: October 16, 2015, 01:25:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

i highly doubt that DC is folding.� Trimming the fat?� Yes.� Going out of business??� No.�
[close]

Not sure what is going on there. They recently opened a Quicksilver / Roxy / DC outlet by my house, in a very weird place, in a random shopping center. Not a place with a ton of clothing retail or even an outlet mall, just a place with a few bigger chains and a few local businesses.  Very random to see it pop up out of nowhere basically overnight. Liquidating inventory quickly? Test retail run for a sellout to Payless, Airwalk style?

Sometimes corporations that own several brands will open stores like that to try and burn as much inventory as they can before they shut the brand down. Not saying that's happening here, but it happens.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #321 on: October 16, 2015, 01:42:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i highly doubt that DC is folding.  Trimming the fat?  Yes.  Going out of business??  No.  

Confirmed Nyjah=Fat.

Do you think other DC riders are embarrassed (maybe not the right word) to be on the same team as him? Like when he "complimented" Luan for winning with that backhanded compliment, I wonder if some of other guys just shook their heads in a wow moment.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:46:23 PM by posguy »

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #322 on: October 16, 2015, 04:29:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Sometimes corporations that own several brands will open stores like that to try and burn as much inventory as they can before they shut the brand down. Not saying that's happening here, but it happens.

This is what's happening. 

Believe me or don't, only time will tell. 

Orange Grove Local

• Rep: 0
« Reply #323 on: October 16, 2015, 04:51:14 PM »
DC is most likely not folding because they lost Nyjah, nor because their parent company filed for bankruptcy.
Most likely they'll just have a corporate bean counting suit looking over their shoulders making sure they are trimming the fat and don't have any necessary expenses for a while, which also might mean your favorite overpaid pro(s). I'm sure some at DC/Quicksilver will see it as getting rid of Nyjah may have been a blessing in disguise at this time. I don't know about you, but I do not see a ton of kids in Nyjah shoes.

I'm curious to see if Nike SB will sneak Nyjah into Chronicles 3.

OldmanEpic

« Reply #324 on: October 16, 2015, 05:51:24 PM »
Shoulda kept Droors

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #325 on: October 19, 2015, 08:47:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It took me a while, but I just finished reading Thrasher's October Issue and it has in the last pages something about "Biggest Contest Skater moving to Biggest Sport Brand" or something like that. When I get home I'll take a picture and post that up, or if someone has one copy available, do us the favor.

I wonder when they're going to announce it
[close]

I haven't seen what you mentioned but it looks like they're talking about Luan's move to Mountain Dew instead of Nyjah going to Nike SB.

And regarding "De la Calle"'s video, it's surprising Nyjah's not on it. Are we going to see him in Chronicles 3?  ;D hahahah.
[close]
Nah man, got a picture yesterday, says "biggest shoe company"

[close]
what does it say about tijuana?

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #326 on: October 19, 2015, 11:49:08 AM »
DC is most likely not folding because they lost Nyjah, nor because their parent company filed for bankruptcy.
Most likely they'll just have a corporate bean counting suit looking over their shoulders making sure they are trimming the fat and don't have any necessary expenses for a while, which also might mean your favorite overpaid pro(s). I'm sure some at DC/Quicksilver will see it as getting rid of Nyjah may have been a blessing in disguise at this time. I don't know about you, but I do not see a ton of kids in Nyjah shoes.

I'm curious to see if Nike SB will sneak Nyjah into Chronicles 3.

I don't see Nyjah shoes on anyone.

Orange Grove Local

• Rep: 0
« Reply #327 on: October 23, 2015, 10:50:12 AM »

nyjah: @thrashermag part dropping midnight on Halloween😈🎃

Looks like Nyjah is about to dump all his DC footage on the last day of his contract ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #328 on: October 23, 2015, 11:04:53 AM »
It's funny how certain skaters out of no where just get all inked up. At least Nyjah's tats are better than Shecks.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

doublesteveburger

« Reply #329 on: October 23, 2015, 11:14:14 AM »
Is this three years in a row now that he drops a part for thrasher towards the end of the year?

Jesus Fucking Christ.