Author Topic: Kalis facebook post  (Read 56064 times)

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
Re: Kalis facebook post
« Reply #210 on: July 29, 2015, 02:21:23 PM »
Kalis....come on guy! you want us to feel sympathy? 3k a month for the last 3 years yet you can afford a lambo and a pristine z28 1969 camaro. Yeah a doubt 3k was killing your pockets. Love was big part of your prime and is where I who live in the west coast first heard about you. For what the city is making you pay I'm sure you made more while blowing up love. My problem isn't with you its with the mentally that you want to call dibs on a certain obstacle and image on Love specially something that happened 15 years ago. If your hate isn't with Adidas ( which you rode for) or Suciu (who i think was just paying tribute) then its that you in some way feel disrespected in something that seems like more of dab versus a diss. I like that you tried to change the subject by saying Philly made me pay money that i forgot to pay so i own it. If Suciu hadn't done it somebody else would have done it in years to come and I'm sure somebody will eventually do it switch, but in no way is that disrespect its progression. So get out of the way and enjoy it instead.

$120,000 aint chump change buddy.  that could cover his kid's college and then some.  just cause he has some money doesn't mean that's not a lot to lose for some technicality. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

DGKALIS

• Rep: 534
« Reply #211 on: July 29, 2015, 03:31:56 PM »
Kalis....come on guy! you want us to feel sympathy? 3k a month for the last 3 years yet you can afford a lambo and a pristine z28 1969 camaro. Yeah a doubt 3k was killing your pockets. Love was big part of your prime and is where I who live in the west coast first heard about you. For what the city is making you pay I'm sure you made more while blowing up love. My problem isn't with you its with the mentally that you want to call dibs on a certain obstacle and image on Love specially something that happened 15 years ago. If your hate isn't with Adidas ( which you rode for) or Suciu (who i think was just paying tribute) then its that you in some way feel disrespected in something that seems like more of dab versus a diss. I like that you tried to change the subject by saying Philly made me pay money that i forgot to pay so i own it. If Suciu hadn't done it somebody else would have done it in years to come and I'm sure somebody will eventually do it switch, but in no way is that disrespect its progression. So get out of the way and enjoy it instead.

I didn't change the subject.... Maybe if you read the actual thread you would see why it was brought up.
I rode for Addidas. Yes. But as soon as they wouldn't send me shell toes and tried pushing some random ass skate shoe on me, and used the warm up noseslide shot by some dude who had never shot skating before, then surprised me with the ad hanging up like a billboard at the trade show... And all the homies clowning me for it, I immediately quite. Lol.
Quit instigating. Have a decent conversation.

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #212 on: July 29, 2015, 03:34:38 PM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=86766.msg2361459#msg2361459 date=1438146261
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

These are from last year, but this is the ad format I feel Adidas is best at/known for. I just saw one of the Adidas X Spitfire ads in this months Thrasher and it was similar to these.
[close]
off note but holy shit busenitz kills it so hard, i still pissed i missed seeing him in person at soma.
[close]

Busenitz can do no wrong. Speaking of Kalis, I wish he had been invited to the Dime MTL Glory Challenge, that would've been sick just on principle.
i wonder if kalis is going to go to homeboys shoe release party at atlas on Saturday.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2015, 04:20:54 PM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=86766.msg2361828#msg2361828 date=1438209278
Expand Quote
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=86766.msg2361459#msg2361459 date=1438146261
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

These are from last year, but this is the ad format I feel Adidas is best at/known for. I just saw one of the Adidas X Spitfire ads in this months Thrasher and it was similar to these.
[close]
off note but holy shit busenitz kills it so hard, i still pissed i missed seeing him in person at soma.
[close]

Busenitz can do no wrong. Speaking of Kalis, I wish he had been invited to the Dime MTL Glory Challenge, that would've been sick just on principle.
[close]
i wonder if kalis is going to go to homeboys shoe release party at atlas on Saturday.
To be fair i've seen him give Suciu props many times on here and in interviews. Remember him saying in small piece on thrasher he thought Suciu should be SOTY the year Ishod won it.

sms_b

« Reply #214 on: July 29, 2015, 04:40:35 PM »
Succiu is awesome. Kalis is awesome. The corporatization of skateboarding is awesome for whoever is getting paid because it. To quote a real skateboard hero, Shane Heyl, "get that while you can."

I'm going to go cry in my beer now.

This thread has driven me to despair.

sms_b

« Reply #215 on: July 29, 2015, 04:43:54 PM »
of... because of it...

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #216 on: July 29, 2015, 06:26:13 PM »
Fuck you must be making serious bank!!! Gallardo, jock car, porche, M5.. All money pits!!! Not to mention houses, family etc. $$$$$$

Can you send me an "I love haters" tee?

Thanks.

FUSE

• Rep: -20
    • Beats avatar image
« Reply #217 on: July 29, 2015, 06:34:18 PM »
I thought Koston backside noseblunt slid that orange monstrosity first.

DGKALIS

« Reply #218 on: July 29, 2015, 08:08:54 PM »
Fuck you must be making serious bank!!! Gallardo, jock car, porche, M5.. All money pits!!! Not to mention houses, family etc. $$$$$$

Thanks.

Wait.... You trying to say a twin turbo 69 Camaro that I built with my hands... All the fab work, the welding, the Athletics, ect... Is a jock car?? Lol.
Maybe the definition of Jock has changed or what the perception of jock is.
Curious as to what you think a "non jock" car is?
As far as your comment of "making bank" goes... I don't rely on one source of income. I have skate income. But there are much bigger things I've put in place so that I don't need to rely on skateboarding to finance my life.
That way I have the freedom to pick and choose what a associate myself with.  No need to to represent something strictly for a check.
You may not know but I have been in "car world" about as long as I have been in skate world. So I understand both cultures. It's awesome to step out of one and into the other. Both compliment each other... And there is very little cross over so it allows me diversity.
It's too big of a world out there to be closed minded.
"Jock Car". Lol.

DGKALIS

« Reply #219 on: July 29, 2015, 08:12:22 PM »
I thought Koston backside noseblunt slid that orange monstrosity first.

Koston did it down the 6 at City Hall during Xgames. That was literally buck at the time. Probably still buck today. It was tall and gap out.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #220 on: July 29, 2015, 08:18:06 PM »
Does the car world have the same sort of "my spot. my trick." philosophy? If you build a camaro and some guy built a similar camaro but he put green fuzzy dice in the mirror 7 years before, can he be like "great look at this fucking guy" or does nobody actually give a shit

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1610
« Reply #221 on: July 29, 2015, 08:32:11 PM »
Expand Quote

Thanks.
[close]

Wait.... You trying to say a twin turbo 69 Camaro that I built with my hands... All the fab work, the welding, the Athletics, ect... Is a jock car?? Lol.
As far as your comment of "making bank" goes... I don't rely on one source of income. I have skate income. But there are much bigger things I've put in place so that I don't need to rely on skateboarding to finance my life.
That way I have the freedom to pick and choose what a associate myself with.  No need to to represent something strictly for a check.
You may not know but I have been in "car world" about as long as I have been in skate world. So I understand both cultures. It's awesome to step out of one and into the other. Both compliment each other... And there is very little cross over so it allows me diversity.
"Jock Car". Lol.

non jock car?.....let's start with my whip.....her name is Lola the Corolla......

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #222 on: July 29, 2015, 08:37:17 PM »
Does the car world have the same sort of "my spot. my trick." philosophy? If you build a camaro and some guy built a similar camaro but he put green fuzzy dice in the mirror 7 years before, can he be like "great look at this fucking guy" or does nobody actually give a shit
Oh wow.

I'm stoked to see that there's a pro skateboarder that knows how to weld even. Hats off man.

DGKALIS

« Reply #223 on: July 29, 2015, 08:41:36 PM »

Even though I'm sure your being sarcastic....
100% it applies.... Unless it's the same car company giving a nod to the past generation that they themselves created. Such as all the new retro cars.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #224 on: July 29, 2015, 08:41:57 PM »
Is welding considered up river?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #225 on: July 29, 2015, 10:49:08 PM »
Wow. Calm down playa. No need for an essay.

Josh Kalis or Jock Carlis... Hmmmmm...

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #226 on: July 29, 2015, 11:46:58 PM »
Am I the only one that remembers Bobby Puleo calling out Siccu for going around NYC poaching his style/cellar doors?  I like all this tribute shit, but come on.  Establish yourself as an original FIRST, then you can do all the paying homage stuff.  And there is literally no comparison as far as style.  Kalis is the style king, period.  While Siccu might have one of the deepest bags of tricks, he is probably the most boring to watch. 

JUST BE ORIGINAL!

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #227 on: July 30, 2015, 01:53:53 AM »
is black-smithing with a open flame down river?

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #228 on: July 30, 2015, 02:42:30 AM »
Kalis, can you understand the difference between quite and quit? Is that down river or jock?

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #229 on: July 30, 2015, 04:14:06 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks.
[close]

"Jock Car". Lol.

You owe zero explanation to anybody

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #230 on: July 30, 2015, 05:08:56 AM »
So you guys were getting a heads up about the cops coming... you make it sound like you weren't warning other people when it was going to happen? If so, that's fucked up.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #231 on: July 30, 2015, 06:55:53 AM »
Wow. Slap really needs to get laid.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

WantSomeSlaw

• Rep: -26
  • bohica
« Reply #232 on: July 30, 2015, 07:01:55 AM »
wtf I swear this thread was 2 pages, like, yesterday
Shit could be worse

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #233 on: July 30, 2015, 07:04:05 AM »
I want to see a pic of the warm-up noseslide Kalis!  It must have been pretty offensive to make you quit(e) Adidas. Sorry your friends clowned you and hurt your feelings.  It's ok to be sensitive
do more yoga!

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #234 on: July 30, 2015, 07:21:48 AM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=86766.msg2362074#msg2362074 date=1438246433
Expand Quote
[close]
is black-smithing with a open flame down river?

Kalis get yo self a Knarly anvil, smite that shit!
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

jomeara1

« Reply #235 on: July 30, 2015, 07:56:15 AM »
I heard Geoff Rowley is re-doing his new vans commercial and instead of lip sliding that rail, he goes to love park and noseblunts the barrier. 

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1501
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #236 on: July 30, 2015, 08:10:31 AM »
I want to see a pic of the warm-up noseslide Kalis!  It must have been pretty offensive to make you quit(e) Adidas. Sorry your friends clowned you and hurt your feelings.  It's ok to be sensitive

It was posted earlier in this thread.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #237 on: July 30, 2015, 08:11:32 AM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=86766.msg2361828#msg2361828 date=1438209278
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
To be fair i've seen him give Suciu props many times on here and in interviews. Remember him saying in small piece on thrasher he thought Suciu should be SOTY the year Ishod won it.

There was never any beef with Suciu over this thing. Kalis explained the post was aimed at Adidas for not coming up with an original idea for an ad.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1213
« Reply #238 on: July 30, 2015, 08:16:46 AM »

i heard Kalis got a job as the assistant principal at Roberto Clemente High School for a period of time just so he could get use the school's shop class budget to install the angle iron above the steps, oh, and also to give saturday detention to anyone else found skating there.  word on the street is when the stay flaired tour came through, all those guys got marks on their permanent record.
hardly art, hardly starving

Gideon Choi

• Rep: 33
« Reply #239 on: July 30, 2015, 08:21:53 AM »
Am I the only one that remembers Bobby Puleo calling out Siccu for going around NYC poaching his style/cellar doors?  I like all this tribute shit, but come on.  Establish yourself as an original FIRST, then you can do all the paying homage stuff.  And there is literally no comparison as far as style.  Kalis is the style king, period.  While Siccu might have one of the deepest bags of tricks, he is probably the most boring to watch. 

JUST BE ORIGINAL!

No AssBandit you're not the only one who remembers so stop thinking that you're JUST BEING ORIGINAL!

Here's is Bobby's interview that regarding Suciu. Jeez, sources people!
http://chromeballincident.blogspot.com/2013/07/chrome-ball-interview-61-bobby-puleo.html