Author Topic: Kalis facebook post  (Read 56147 times)

The Woodsman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
Re: Kalis facebook post
« Reply #270 on: July 31, 2015, 08:46:16 PM »
It seems like most people posting just want a "fuck you" or a "thanks bro" from Kalis. About the facebook post, who gives a shit?

More importantly why the fuck do we have basically the same name? How have I never seen you on here before?
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

asakusa75

« Reply #271 on: July 31, 2015, 09:43:22 PM »
The internet. Ruining the 90s for me, one painful stab at a time, since forever...

turtleboy86

• Rep: -14
« Reply #272 on: July 31, 2015, 09:44:16 PM »
im not up on the skate video game levels but if there was a barrier on the love park level of a game would tripping be called for?

either way i think this thread calls for a love park best trick compilation video post

bump runs

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #273 on: August 01, 2015, 03:36:28 PM »
Kalis, you must be pretty arrogant to think that Suciu and the photographer MUST have thought of your GREAT trick before shooting.  I guess they had to have thought about something done who knows how long ago.  Hell, Suciu is young and may have never seen it.  Get over yourself.  How many people have done a back tail on the ledges in a line at love?  100's?  Boo hoo

That said, you're still one of my favorite skaters. 

The history of modern street skating is actually very short. It is likely that the skater, photographer, graphic designer, and art director all knew of the original source. Kalis's experience with the noseslide photoshoot (North Mission Beach?) was probably indicative of Adidas (skateboarding) until they hired Bryce Kanights as their marketing manager. Most corporate skate entities, after Nike SB's success, now hire skateboarders for their graphic design and marketing teams so that team riders only suffer a minimal amounts of "clowning".

shit_for_brains

« Reply #274 on: August 01, 2015, 04:05:39 PM »
Expand Quote
It seems like most people posting just want a "fuck you" or a "thanks bro" from Kalis. About the facebook post, who gives a shit?
[close]

More importantly why the fuck do we have basically the same name? How have I never seen you on here before?

Did both of you guys pick your name because of the movie where Kevin Bacon is a pedophile

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #275 on: August 01, 2015, 07:09:52 PM »
Just wanted to make sure everybody knows the new Suciu part is going up on transworld tonight at 8 pst, 11 east coast time.
p-shuvs and v-flips

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #276 on: August 01, 2015, 08:47:49 PM »
That dude from the company 1031 stole my trick at that temple manual spot. It was a pole jam to 50-50, and i actually made that spot. I rubbed bricked it and waxed it. I was just glad someone else skated it

edit: and also i know a skater that got an ender for his video part at a spot then took the wax off it so no one could show him up

east coast skaters are such pussies
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 09:17:08 PM by tobey »

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #277 on: August 01, 2015, 09:42:13 PM »
Just wanted to make sure everybody knows the new Suciu part is going up on transworld tonight at 8 pst, 11 east coast time.
Yo Kalis, Suciu said thanks by the way!

Tabletop

• Rep: -69
« Reply #278 on: August 02, 2015, 05:21:07 AM »
So Kalis has copyright on any trick done on a barrier at Love Park?

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #279 on: August 02, 2015, 06:24:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Did both of you guys pick your name because of the movie where Kevin Bacon is a pedophile

I didnt know such a movie existed, is it any good?
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

jomeara1

« Reply #280 on: August 03, 2015, 08:24:07 AM »
It's now on the front page of the berrics...go figure

ES92

« Reply #281 on: August 03, 2015, 11:29:26 AM »
Kalis makes fun of anything that isn't one of his sponsors.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #282 on: August 03, 2015, 01:46:02 PM »
So Kalis has copyright on any trick done on a barrier at Love Park?

no, but don't you dare do a no-comply in his presence
:) I must have been tripping last night

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
« Reply #283 on: August 03, 2015, 04:49:56 PM »
Wiki has Kalis as the pioneer of plastic jersey barrier skating so I'd be pissed too.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -608
« Reply #284 on: August 04, 2015, 06:23:33 AM »
To be honest, the original photo is not groundbreaking photographic composition. If anything, it is a pretty obvious shot. Nor is a noseblunt on a jersey barrier specific to him. Kenny Reed did one in his 7 year glitch part (which is the same era), so is Kalis gonna complain about that? He's just being a little bitch. Rewatching his Epicly Later'd, he seems like a pretty dumb and immature dude who hasn't reconciled the fact that the majority of skateboarding doesn't recognize his skating as all that important. If you have to keep talking about how great you are, are you really that great?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 06:25:04 AM by Makaveli »
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

jomeara1

« Reply #285 on: August 04, 2015, 07:24:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I didnt know such a movie existed, is it any good?

LOL thats hilarious

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #286 on: August 04, 2015, 08:17:17 AM »
I think it's time for Kalis to grab Wenning and handle this Jay and Silent Bob style.

ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #287 on: August 04, 2015, 08:38:49 AM »
To be honest, the original photo is not groundbreaking photographic composition. If anything, it is a pretty obvious shot. Nor is a noseblunt on a jersey barrier specific to him. Kenny Reed did one in his 7 year glitch part (which is the same era), so is Kalis gonna complain about that? He's just being a little bitch. Rewatching his Epicly Later'd, he seems like a pretty dumb and immature dude who hasn't reconciled the fact that the majority of skateboarding doesn't recognize his skating as all that important. If you have to keep talking about how great you are, are you really that great?

Wow you got some stones calling Kalis out like that. He never claimed it was a "groundbreaking photographic composition." It was a blatant rip-off of what DC did years ago so for one shoe company, especially Adidas, to re-hash essentially the same ad is pretty crap.

Jacobtylermumford

• Rep: -4
  • Artist, skate rat
    • My art blog avatar image
« Reply #288 on: August 04, 2015, 08:44:38 AM »
hating on suciu for skating love is also ABD by bobby..
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 08:47:41 AM by Jacobtylermumford »

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #289 on: August 04, 2015, 09:13:09 AM »
for fucks sake, so many of you are dense. he never hated on suciu for skating love... he was hating on adidas ad dept/direction

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #290 on: August 04, 2015, 09:23:17 AM »
I think it's time for Kalis to grab Wenning and handle this Jay and Silent Bob style.

I used to have that song on my Mp3 player, don't think ipods were created then or i was just so fucking cool i didn't want to be like anyone else. Anyway that song used to get me so fucking pumped, thank you for reminding how awesome i was at a young age

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #291 on: August 04, 2015, 09:25:28 AM »
for fucks sake, so many of you are dense. he never hated on suciu for skating love... he was hating on adidas ad dept/direction

Correct, amazing how stupid people are

shark tits

« Reply #292 on: August 04, 2015, 09:54:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I used to have that song on my Mp3 player, don't think ipods were created then or i was just so fucking cool i didn't want to be like anyone else. Anyway that song used to get me so fucking pumped, thank you for reminding how awesome i was at a young age
some dipshit picked me and my ex up in chicago and drove us to cicero/hammond line. he played that song as well as the extended version of the intro to scrubs. he was a liar, you'd be surprised how many people try to sell wolf tickets to hitchhikers like we give a shit or believe them or whatever. dude had been to prison, europe, fought MMA, lost loved ones, been in the mob and prolly some other cockamamie stories borrowed offa tv. whatever, he was cool for picking us up in a giant metropolis, ain't nobody trying to give you a ride in cities.

rideflannel

« Reply #293 on: August 04, 2015, 10:32:33 AM »

I'm just gonna say that Kalis should run the hoops again.

rideflannel

« Reply #294 on: August 04, 2015, 12:04:25 PM »

MonistatOne

« Reply #295 on: August 04, 2015, 01:06:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So you guys are agreeing with Kalis? If so, how would you have liked the ad to be laid out/shot? Different angle? Don't include LOVE sign? Or should they have just ran a different trick at a different spot/part of LOVE altogether?

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #296 on: August 04, 2015, 01:09:42 PM »
nope, just clarifying for those who have a serious lack of reading comprehension

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1610
« Reply #297 on: August 04, 2015, 01:20:38 PM »
Read this thread backwards....you'll be disappointed....

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #298 on: August 04, 2015, 02:52:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

So you guys are agreeing with Kalis? If so, how would you have liked the ad to be laid out/shot? Different angle? Don't include LOVE sign? Or should they have just ran a different trick at a different spot/part of LOVE altogether?
is this a joke? what the fuck?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #299 on: August 04, 2015, 04:03:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

How about having some art direction that shows some independent thought process?