Author Topic: germs  (Read 1155 times)

wallieD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
germs
« on: September 18, 2015, 06:31:29 PM »
are you cautious of them? sometimes friends/family act like i'm howie mandel just because i ask if a half empty drink was poured in to a cup, or if someone drank from it? i don't like to drink after people.. if i get herpes i want it to be from putting my latex covered shrinky dink in a woman i liked. not just sharing a bottle of white cherry powerade with my bros. i'm not really a germaphobe though. i eat fast food, and you can only imagine what went down behind the scenes when it's made by some of the scumbags those places always seem to hire. (of course not all fast food workers are bad, but i'm sure most of us have heard stories from friends, and seen things in the news like the guy who tweeted a picture or video of himself pissing on a customers nachos at taco bell. i've even dumped sitting on a public toilet in chicago once....AT A MALL. sometimes when you're taking a crap at home, and you get some backsplash you know? i don't freak out, and get a shower..but i understand those that do. when that one guy has a hand down his pants scratching his balls all day at the skatepark and i see it.. i'm not going to take your high five man, and i'll explain why. but i have no problem shaking hands, or anything like that as long as i didn't see it. i'm just more cautious of things i guess. recently, the thought of using silverware at a restaurant grosses me out because they might not wash them very well (unfortunately most of the jobs that require care are considered the shittiest, and usually pay minimum wage) ..imagining the thousands of mouths that fork was in is pretty gross i don't go out to eat a lot though. would i just order something that didn't require utensils? maybe i would kook it, and bring my own? most likely i would just say fuck it, and use theirs.  i think people like howie mandel are probably more sane than anyone, but living that way is just ridiculous, and we seem to be fine taking these risks everyday..well most of us

straight

Re: germs
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 07:00:41 PM »
when I use public restrooms I flush with my foot, wash my hands with soap dry with paper towel and use paper towel to open back up the door to leave.

At home I rarely wash my hands

chilllyboy

• Rep: -10
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 07:11:29 PM »
My brother and one of my best friends growing up were some heavy duty germaphobes. I'm talking not going anywhere without lysol and purell type shit. One thing they both had in common: they were always sick with everything (cold, flu, food poisioning, etc.) and both have gnarly allergies.

I've always heard that its better to innoculate yourself with minor infectious insults from time to time just so you can prime your immune system. This way your body gets better at fighting off what it recognizes. Germaphobes kind of do their body a disservice by walling themselves off from the world's natural cruddyness. Kinda ironic in a way.

I was just reading somewhere that kids that grow up on farms usually have very few childhood illnesses and are relatively allergy free. Asthma is also uncommon. I guess shoveling pig shit all day has its benefits.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 08:33:30 PM »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 167
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 08:04:55 AM »
I heard a story about Gonz going to Burnside once. He skated around for a while wearing gloves. He fell down once and got back in the car until the whole crew was ready to leave.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Grampa

• Rep: 146
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 09:34:31 AM »
I always line the rim of the glory hole with toilet paper so my dick doesn't touch the sides where other dicks have touched. Not really for germs, just seems kinda gay, you know?

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 01:39:33 PM »
No soup for you. MEdia blitz media blitz media blitz it's truuuuuuuuueeeee

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 03:55:53 PM »
The only time I get paranoid about germs is with reheating cold food. I'm not sure what it is but I freak out a little if I bite into some food and find it cold in the middle. I guess at some point when I was a kid I made the connection that heat kills the germs? So when I reheat food in the microwave I'm a bit obsessive in making sure it's lava hot all the way through.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 05:33:10 PM »
I am more apt to wash before I touch my Johnson to piss.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 06:34:19 PM »
The only time I get paranoid about germs is with reheating cold food. I'm not sure what it is but I freak out a little if I bite into some food and find it cold in the middle. I guess at some point when I was a kid I made the connection that heat kills the germs? So when I reheat food in the microwave I'm a bit obsessive in making sure it's lava hot all the way through.
Paranoid like an arpanoid arpeggiating like the mushrooms vegetating i know niggas hating but they got their hand on their dicks straight masturbating i ain't playing hear these rhymes i'm slaying like your spine that's fraying boneless over it like the praying mantis bob had bitch tits but my niggas got man tits

Tay

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 07:15:16 PM »
I've worked in multiple food production plants. Most coworkers neglected to wash their hands before entering the production floor. Food industry strength hand soap ruins nails and causes painful blisters with repeated washings. I'd seen disgruntled workers do unspeakable acts to food stuff. Most raw ingredients are imported from developing countries, where I can only assume quality control is even weaker.

A coworker once unknowingly sliced his hand on a dough scythe and bleed profusely into the mixing vat, no one told management because he would be punished or fired. The product was shipped out. I've witnessed people drool and spit unknowingly or purposefully on product. I worked for Blue Bunny, which had notoriously filthy production lines. Product would often be held then destroyed due to a listeria or salmonella hit, but they only tested every 1,000th carton of ice cream, and would release all product before the hit. Two years after I quit inevitably three consumers died from a listeria outbreak and more fell ill.

If you're worried about germs try to stay away from overly produced food stuff.  ;)

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 07:43:06 PM »
To everyone buying into all this fear mongering propaganda- DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Kill a deer and have fresh clean meat all winter, or catch some trout and freeze what you can't use. Trusting someone else with food you're about to eat is your first problem. Gardening at home is pretty damn easy too

Grocery stores are really bad about dates, they will repackage expired chicken, marinate it and sell it with brand new dates on it. Mid range sit down restaurants do similar things, kitchen nightmares show is pretty shocking. I trust fast food over most restaurants, as they know to salt and preserve the F out of their food to cover their ass.