Author Topic: taking the padding out of skateshoes?  (Read 4336 times)

Such

taking the padding out of skateshoes?
« on: October 02, 2015, 03:15:40 PM »
so i got some lakai lindens for super cheap, but the tongue is way too puffy.
whats the best way to go about removing some of the stuffing?
as seen on wear tested, the tongue padding seems to be one piece:
http://www.weartested.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Lakai-Linden-review1.jpg

should i just cut a small hole and then pull the thing out?
is it gonna need to be stiched or glued afterwards?
im not gonna remove all the padding.

pussy popper,pot smoker

Re: taking the padding out of skateshoes?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 03:49:38 PM »
cut the top of the tongue take it out, then you can cut some of the foam off and make it how you want it and if you cut it clean enough you and staple it back and use some shoo goo or some thype of glue, i can explain better if you need me too because i did what you need to do to put MORE padding into the tongue, lol.

Such

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 04:32:16 PM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=87770.msg2387156#msg2387156 date=1443826178
cut the top of the tongue take it out, then you can cut some of the foam off and make it how you want it and if you cut it clean enough you and staple it back and use some shoo goo or some thype of glue, i can explain better if you need me too because i did what you need to do to put MORE padding into the tongue, lol.
why would you cut the top of the tongue? wouldnt it be better to cut the inside, where you cant see it?

20matar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 10:24:34 AM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=87770.msg2387156#msg2387156 date=1443826178
Expand Quote
[close]
why would you cut the top of the tongue? wouldnt it be better to cut the inside, where you cant see it?

I'm talking out of my ass, as I've never done this before, but I figure it's like a pillow case. Cutting the top means easier access to the whole of the padding material, you'll be able to just slip it out and then put it back in. I don't think having stitches or glue in the inside of the tongue will be comfortable for you either.

That being said, I'd like to see the way you guys are doing it.

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 11:35:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm talking out of my ass, as I've never done this before, but I figure it's like a pillow case. Cutting the top means easier access to the whole of the padding material, you'll be able to just slip it out and then put it back in. I don't think having stitches or glue in the inside of the tongue will be comfortable for you either.

That being said, I'd like to see the way you guys are doing it.
thats why i do it that way, top is easier to get to, and usually the widest part of the tongue, i cut the top inside under the top stitching on the softer part if that make since, i'll try and post some photos later,i think ripped laces covered this, i remember doing this and being hyped and they had a post about the same thing on their instagram with the same pair of shoes. i did this on some dc's, some crocketts and some other cupsole from vans.

felix.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 03:19:04 PM »
lipo?

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 04:49:17 AM »
make an incision on the bottom side of the tongue and pull that shit out.  simple.