Author Topic: PUSH Cody Cepeda  (Read 3954 times)

Budo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
Re: PUSH Cody Cepeda
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2015, 10:32:40 AM »
Everyone saying "Go back to your day job" and shit like that, I got some news that will probably bum you out.

Berra's starting a board company called Sovereign, its going to have Cody, Mikey Taylor, and a few other people. Theres a promo that's supposed to be dropping somewhat soon. Apparently Codys going pro for them.

Well good for him, I feel like his background and passion make him somewhat deserve to live the dream, even if it is short lived.  If he is intermixed with other skaters like Mikey then that could allow for some variety as a whole team.  I could imagine his skating and clips getting a lot better.  Like people said he should relax, but that would be hard to relax when your filming your first street part and it's going to premier on the Berrics along with all those other pros.  Now that I think about it him going up against a bunch of pros is how he even got here, so that's appropriate.

More importantly, a Berrics board company with actual sponsored dudes...  Ugh.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:34:43 AM by Budo »
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2015, 02:03:39 PM »
Expand Quote
I feel that in this day and age, kids need trick managers.
Helping them out by saying "Just because you can do every single trick...doesn't mean that you should".
[close]

Wow that sounds fucking stupid honestly, a trick manager?
pretty sure it basically exists, its called a good editor.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2015, 03:24:46 PM »
Everyone saying "Go back to your day job" and shit like that, I got some news that will probably bum you out.

Berra's starting a board company called Sovereign, its going to have Cody, Mikey Taylor, and a few other people. Theres a promo that's supposed to be dropping somewhat soon. Apparently Codys going pro for them.

This is true. Sovereign is basically up and running already.

Funny though... Steve Berra, kicked off Alien Workshop.. part of DNA aka the Sovereign Sect... starts board company.. calls it Sovereign.

They are also going to start another board company under the same umbrella called Extraterrestrial Work Studio with new video Metamorphosis.

Potsie Webber

• Rep: -3
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2015, 04:25:39 PM »
The style and trick selection aren't there yet, and maybe they won't ever get there, but this guy definitely rips and definitely loves skateboarding. I don't fault him one bit for trying to make it as best he can.

Sure, the competitive skateboarding mentality is whack, but there are plenty of pros with the same mindset who get way less heat than Cody Cepeda. I'll take or leave the guy's skating, but I still wish him success in a pursuit he's dedicated a lot of time and effort toward. All those "give up and join the sugar union" comments seem excessively harsh to me. Bad vibes, Slap.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 04:16:59 AM by Potsie Webber »

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1510
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2015, 04:43:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is true. Sovereign is basically up and running already.

Funny though... Steve Berra, kicked off Alien Workshop.. part of DNA aka the Sovereign Sect... starts board company.. calls it Sovereign.

They are also going to start another board company under the same umbrella called Extraterrestrial Work Studio with new video Metamorphosis.
The Berrics special:

fuddit

• Rep: -35
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2015, 04:48:26 PM »
he said he wanted to show everyone that he wasn't just that flatground guy, but this part didn't really help.  He skated ledges and manny pads.  Everything was low impact and gave me a feeling that he wasn't comfortable enough on a board to skate anything big where he has a much larger room for error, and can't just let his board roll on the ground before landing tricks.

This being said, he is a really good tech skater but I want to seem him leave the little box he's put himself into.

Retox

• Rep: -47
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2015, 01:12:23 AM »
Garbage style. NEXT!

foureyedjim

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2015, 08:14:45 AM »
Expand Quote
I feel that in this day and age, kids need trick managers.
Helping them out by saying "Just because you can do every single trick...doesn't mean that you should".
[close]

Wow that sounds fucking stupid honestly, a trick manager?

market analyst.  every company has one nowadays, why not skaters eh?