Author Topic: Why's Guy gone into hiding  (Read 31142 times)

20matar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
Re: Why's Guy gone into hiding
« Reply #210 on: January 12, 2016, 10:18:33 AM »
So I decided to look for Royal Trucks on Google because my life is dumb like that. I found that the site is "Coming Soon", and that it just links you to the Crailtap online store, where there's only one type of truck available for sale. Wonder what that means.

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2016, 12:10:03 PM »
So I decided to look for Royal Trucks on Google because my life is dumb like that. I found that the site is "Coming Soon", and that it just links you to the Crailtap online store, where there's only one type of truck available for sale. Wonder what that means.

Means a new site is coming soon. Also if you click on the truck you'll see that you can select low or standard and the width. Thats the newest Royal truck that came out a little while ago. Guy was the only one with a pro model truck so far I think. If thats gone I imagine that means he's gone too.

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2016, 01:53:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Slap seems to think that Nike got to the level they are at due to poor business practices. These corporations issue budgets for subdivisions.   Nike SB is not getting any where near the funding that something like Nike Golf is. Yes, they sell a lot of shoes- but they sure as shit aren't making even close to the amount of profit off of middle aged white people buying golf balls with a profit margin of 500%. They also employ a ton of people, researching, manufacturing, accounting, the full nine. That being said, there is no way they are throwing around large sums of "life changing" money to pouch skaters. What they are doing, is offering benefits that are undeniable to someone that skates for a living. This is a good business practice that Nike is revered for- they treat athletes and mid level employees really well. There is no way that Lakai even thinks about offering dental insurance to the kids of their riders. Guy is going into hiding because he sold out. In the skateboard industry taking care of your riders in beyond free meals and ER room bills is overlooked. It's unique to this industry and Guy needed a solution for his fucking family. It sucks but imagine if you were all of a sudden hated for doing something you essentially had to do.
[close]

Tell your wife to get a fucking job, and one with benefits if that is the issue.

He sold out, plain and simple

Do you have a wife? Kids?
Nothing is ever plain and simple, and if I were to tell my wife to "fucking" do anything, things would become incredibly complex!

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2016, 04:13:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Also Vincent just got a new signature truck

Dude needs a wheel and bolt sponsor more by the looks of it.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2016, 06:27:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i love that he's one of their top pros and skates the shittiest setups.  he's a real one. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 376
« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2016, 06:47:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i love that he's one of their top pros and skates the shittiest setups.  he's a real one. 
[close]

he's in spitfire and im sure diamond.. read in a interview he skates product til the death... ive seen bachinsky ig posts and seems he's on the same page
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #216 on: January 12, 2016, 07:00:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Slap seems to think that Nike got to the level they are at due to poor business practices. These corporations issue budgets for subdivisions.   Nike SB is not getting any where near the funding that something like Nike Golf is. Yes, they sell a lot of shoes- but they sure as shit aren't making even close to the amount of profit off of middle aged white people buying golf balls with a profit margin of 500%. They also employ a ton of people, researching, manufacturing, accounting, the full nine. That being said, there is no way they are throwing around large sums of "life changing" money to pouch skaters. What they are doing, is offering benefits that are undeniable to someone that skates for a living. This is a good business practice that Nike is revered for- they treat athletes and mid level employees really well. There is no way that Lakai even thinks about offering dental insurance to the kids of their riders. Guy is going into hiding because he sold out. In the skateboard industry taking care of your riders in beyond free meals and ER room bills is overlooked. It's unique to this industry and Guy needed a solution for his fucking family. It sucks but imagine if you were all of a sudden hated for doing something you essentially had to do.
[close]

Tell your wife to get a fucking job, and one with benefits if that is the issue.

He sold out, plain and simple
[close]

Do you have a wife? Kids?
Nothing is ever plain and simple, and if I were to tell my wife to "fucking" do anything, things would become incredibly complex!

Yes, I have a wife of 17 years and 2 children, perhaps i'm lucky that my wife is interested in contributing to our family

Custom skater

• Rep: -80
« Reply #217 on: January 12, 2016, 09:03:54 PM »
I like baby guy the best. The most pure and innocent version of guy.

Sure about that?

alecjahr

• Rep: -110
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #218 on: January 13, 2016, 10:09:21 AM »
Cory Kennedy had a pro truck also

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2016, 10:56:44 AM »
If you read this thread title out loud it would sound like
"Wise guy gone into hiding"

ableSkateMag.com

ManMelt

« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2016, 11:19:23 AM »
Nike makes solid shoes. I've always been a fan, long before the SB line. But the bottom line is these dudes are growing up, making adult decisions, planning for a future, and taking care of their families. My only problem with Guy has to do with the way he left Crailtap, with neither side acknowledging or thanking each other for over 20 years of work together. Obviously there was beef, but come on, I'm dissappointed in both sides. I respect Guy getting sober, coming back hard, and actually doing the things I wish Gino would do. Koston has always seemed like a cock, deep down, and I don't really care what happens to him.

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #221 on: January 13, 2016, 03:06:20 PM »

lol RIP in peace

And of course Nike didn't get to where they are with bad business practices, but it'd be nice if they wouldn't try so hard to take over skateboarding. Maybe be a little more like Adidas. Agreed though, anyone with a brain would skate for them