Author Topic: venture bushings  (Read 13453 times)

spacial_profiling

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -88
Re: venture bushings
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2020, 03:54:56 PM »
Blew out stock bushing on Hi’s
I have a mishmash of bushings and nothing seems to be fitting right even if bushings are same as stock.
Anyone got Bush tips?

Currently doing no bottom washer, but I wanna put it back in and switch out for Indy soft red conical.

UPPERCASEnocap

• Rep: 3
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2020, 05:24:08 PM »

These. I hit up dlx about some cracked bushings and the dude over there sent me a fresh set of stock purples (a little hard for my taste but ok once broken in.) and the Clear 88du set of these. Fit was perfect and they are much softer and easier turning for a guy my size. (145 soaking wet)

I recommend them highly. Especially if you're looking to get your Ventures to turn, keep the same geometry and stay stable like a venture should...

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1002
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2020, 05:50:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Ditch the top washer and/or put on a flat top washer.

Stock bushings are crap they even look shitty.

ACE tall bottoms, low tops - pain to pick up two sets but they work great.

Bones med bottom/soft top are pretty sweet for Ventures TBH (bones washer on bottom) but again two different sets.

I'm going give them one more shot this weekend if they don't thrill me I'm going to sell'em off (5.6 V-Hollows back to stock).
[close]

I'll gently disagree. I find the stock bushings in Ventures to be pretty good (not amazing, but far far from terrible) but they take a loooooong time to break in. Not everyone is going to see that through. Reminds me of how long old Indy bushings took to break in, which was a genuine pain in the ass. My first set of 5.8's took a few months to break in fully, far from the instant gratification effect you get from Ace or Thunder bushings.

I'm too lazy to wait (and I know there is better feeling bushings out there). Requires work tho, so not for everyone.  I ride loose and want them that way, right away so I always swap to a softer duro no matter what the truck.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2020, 06:49:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ditch the top washer and/or put on a flat top washer.

Stock bushings are crap they even look shitty.

ACE tall bottoms, low tops - pain to pick up two sets but they work great.

Bones med bottom/soft top are pretty sweet for Ventures TBH (bones washer on bottom) but again two different sets.

I'm going give them one more shot this weekend if they don't thrill me I'm going to sell'em off (5.6 V-Hollows back to stock).
[close]

I'll gently disagree. I find the stock bushings in Ventures to be pretty good (not amazing, but far far from terrible) but they take a loooooong time to break in. Not everyone is going to see that through. Reminds me of how long old Indy bushings took to break in, which was a genuine pain in the ass. My first set of 5.8's took a few months to break in fully, far from the instant gratification effect you get from Ace or Thunder bushings.
[close]

I'm too lazy to wait (and I know there is better feeling bushings out there). Requires work tho, so not for everyone.  I ride loose and want them that way, right away so I always swap to a softer duro no matter what the truck.

Fair enough.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 846
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2020, 06:28:16 AM »
I'm a fan of venture stocks, I think they ride just fine out of the box and even better once broken in. However, I did have one crack on me and another that the top washer sliced into pretty deep on my first set of V-hollows. After messing around with 92a indy replacements for a while and a brief stint riding tracker superballs I decided to try something I read on here and got a set of Ace low bushings. After my second ride on them today I think they might be the best feeling bushings I've tried in ventures. Nice deep turn without affecting the stability and it might just be placebo but I'm a lot more confident about making sharp, tight turns on them than I was with the indy or trackers.

Obviously this is all very early on and things might change significantly as they break in a bit more but I'm very happy with them right now and would definitely recommend trying them if you're not digging the stockies.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2020, 07:11:11 AM »

These. I hit up dlx about some cracked bushings and the dude over there sent me a fresh set of stock purples (a little hard for my taste but ok once broken in.) and the Clear 88du set of these. Fit was perfect and they are much softer and easier turning for a guy my size. (145 soaking wet)

I recommend them highly. Especially if you're looking to get your Ventures to turn, keep the same geometry and stay stable like a venture should...

thank you
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2020, 10:27:49 AM »
I'm a fan of venture stocks, I think they ride just fine out of the box and even better once broken in. However, I did have one crack on me and another that the top washer sliced into pretty deep on my first set of V-hollows. After messing around with 92a indy replacements for a while and a brief stint riding tracker superballs I decided to try something I read on here and got a set of Ace low bushings. After my second ride on them today I think they might be the best feeling bushings I've tried in ventures. Nice deep turn without affecting the stability and it might just be placebo but I'm a lot more confident about making sharp, tight turns on them than I was with the indy or trackers.

Obviously this is all very early on and things might change significantly as they break in a bit more but I'm very happy with them right now and would definitely recommend trying them if you're not digging the stockies.

That'd be me (low tops, Reg  bottoms). Did you put low bottoms in?

They are a tad lower than stock.

Note the top is harder than the bottom on ace bushings to provide a turn and a faster snap back to center (hard top).

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2020, 02:49:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Note the top is harder than the bottom on ace bushings to provide a turn and a faster snap back to center (hard top).

that makes me wonder if I been fucking up.

I was always trying to get a hard barrel for manny stability. Have I been doing it backwards   all my life?

That would be hilarious if I fixed it and became the manny pad acid prophet casualty super punk plaza theorist is use to be.
(A)pl(E)

chris.

• Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2020, 04:35:36 PM »
Stock with a flat Bones washer on top feels really great. I’m used to Ace, and they definitely don’t feel like Ace, but there’s some sense of familiarity there. I can lean into a turn with confidence knowing that thing is gonna whip around nicely (and that’s with 56mm wheels no less.)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 04:41:51 PM by chris. »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2020, 05:17:57 PM »
Stock with a flat Bones washer on top feels really great. I’m used to Ace, and they definitely don’t feel like Ace, but there’s some sense of familiarity there. I can lean into a turn with confidence knowing that thing is gonna whip around nicely (and that’s with 56mm wheels no less.)

are you on the red or purps?
(A)pl(E)

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2020, 07:26:39 PM »
Anyone geek out on Supercush vs Indy aftermarket bushings?
Supercush orange seem a tiny bit softer than Indy orange.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 213
  • Get bent
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2020, 08:02:36 PM »
Not sure what it is about the stock purple venture bushing but they tight
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2020, 10:33:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

that makes me wonder if I been fucking up.

I was always trying to get a hard barrel for manny stability. Have I been doing it backwards   all my life?

That would be hilarious if I fixed it and became the manny pad acid prophet casualty super punk plaza theorist is use to be.

I doubt it? I'll cite Daewon as an example :P

ACE uses the dual duro (no one else does?) because without the hard top to snap it back to center the trucks just sort of floop, you put same soft duros in aces top and bottom and it's a different feel compared to what it is now; granted any bushing combo is going to get softer over time...Harder roadside will always give you more stability (at the cost of turn), as will a barrel bottom (conical is more responsive).

Ventures and Indys really shine with that duro combo as well, didn't like mixing duros on thunders unless I did the opposite (hard bottom for stability, soft top for a bit more twitchy turn (not the deep turn from the bottom bushing).; but I'm riding bone med bottoms and soft tops in my ventures now to get them a bit more lively than with a barrel bottom.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 03:28:40 PM by Xen »

chris.

• Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2020, 02:59:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Green actually. Got some Worrest’s.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2020, 10:46:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Green actually. Got some Worrest’s.

i wish i had the green so bad.
(A)pl(E)

sadnocomply

• Rep: 137
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2020, 11:06:15 AM »
I have the stock purps, green from the worrest, white from the kaders, and red from another worrest set. They all seem to be 92a but I could be wrong. I like them all but the reds feel like gods

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2020, 02:49:20 AM »
I like venture trucks but I always hated the bushings.
On every single pair I've owned since the 90's the stock bushings blew out...

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 466
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2020, 04:35:29 AM »

A lot of you guys switching from Indy seem to have forgotten that Dan Drehobl rode Venture hi for the longest time. These orange Super Cush were his bushings of choice. Good enough for Spider-Man Dan good enough for me. Now quit whining about “Indy parts in Venture Trucks “

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2020, 07:31:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
A lot of you guys switching from Indy seem to have forgotten that Dan Drehobl rode Venture hi for the longest time. These orange Super Cush were his bushings of choice. Good enough for Spider-Man Dan good enough for me. Now quit whining about “Indy parts in Venture Trucks “

You're taking about a super human though.

(A)pl(E)

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 466
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2020, 10:58:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

You're taking about a super human though.
Ain’t that the truth

satan

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2020, 08:11:28 PM »
Fwiw, I think the Deluxe tack and supply top bushing is what Gerwer uses for extra wobble

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2017/01/18/the-pro-skaters-guide-to-loose-trucks/

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 213
  • Get bent
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2020, 03:05:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The spider man rode ventures? Sweeeeet, might grab some orange ones.....nah I’ll stick with the clear purple
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2020, 07:27:32 PM »
Fwiw, I think the Deluxe tack and supply top bushing is what Gerwer uses for extra wobble

I thought he keeps stock bottoms and a low top? Are the dlx lows?

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2020, 07:37:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The Supercush/Tack and Supply are not lows, same size as standard Venture and Indy bushings. 99% sure Gerwer uses an Indy low as a top bushing, read that somewhere, I'll look for a link.

satan

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2020, 04:44:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The Supercush/Tack and Supply are not lows, same size as standard Venture and Indy bushings. 99% sure Gerwer uses an Indy low as a top bushing, read that somewhere, I'll look for a link.
Drrh. Leave it to me to completely forget about low bushings.

Rumpelnoskin

• Rep: 77
    • SkateVideoSite avatar image
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2020, 12:01:44 PM »
Venture gang is steadily growing in Austin TX

It's a movement

sadnocomply

• Rep: 137
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2020, 01:21:48 PM »

It's a movement
Ayyyyye I’m in Fort Worth bro venture gang is hot right now.

Rumpelnoskin

• Rep: 77
    • SkateVideoSite avatar image
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2020, 12:05:45 PM »
Expand Quote

It's a movement
[close]
Ayyyyye I’m in Fort Worth bro venture gang is hot right now.

Yuh. I picked up some 5.8 Bobby's and am digging them. Trying to convert as many people over as I can.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2020, 03:32:30 AM »
Stock don't bother me but if must change... green supercush

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2020, 03:25:00 AM »
Bumping this thread, does anyone know where you can buy green/purple venture stock bushings?

I've had two sets of Ventures and to me it felt like the white bushings and purple ones feel equally good once broken in, but the purple ones broke in wayyyy quicker.

One of my purple top bushings is a bit shredded from smiths so looking for some replacement ones, preferably green or purple for the aesthetics.