Author Topic: Hammers Skate Video  (Read 8635 times)

VintageMeth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Hammers Skate Video
« on: January 16, 2016, 06:36:29 AM »
What happened to Jim Greco's hammers video? I thought it was suppose to come out in December on thrasher or something

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
Re: Hammers Skate Video
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 08:25:22 AM »
still filming for it, so is jeremy klein.
add joey sinko on facebook, he's got the info and you can also check his youtube channel, bunch of cool shit
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 08:25:29 PM »
looks like it'll be out soon

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 08:44:53 PM »
idk guys, imma need at least two more identity crises from jim* before I'll believe just any old instagram post

*having said that, I have no doubt that grecs will come through with one of his best parts yet (and hope he takes his switch darkslide antics to a "real" rail to shut the muthafucking haters up)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 11:13:07 PM »
idk guys, imma need at least two more identity crises from jim* before I'll believe just any old instagram post

*having said that, I have no doubt that grecs will come through with one of his best parts yet (and hope he takes his switch darkslide antics to a "real" rail to shut the muthafucking haters up)
has anybody darkslid the jkwon/radio korea handrail?

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 08:11:51 AM »
I'm really looking forward to this. The stuff Klein posts on instagram lately has got me super hyped.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 08:20:19 AM »
Didnt greco darkslide across roofs recently? I remember seeing a photo, but im too lazy to go research it.

stupidiot

• Rep: -55
  • this is my facebook
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 08:39:58 AM »
more importantly where the fuck is Rusty and 4LOM?
Skateboarding Life Art Potatos

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 09:13:48 AM »
looks like it'll be out soon

'it's like nothing you'll ever seen'

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 09:32:40 AM »
Didnt greco darkslide across roofs recently? I remember seeing a photo, but im too lazy to go research it.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3378
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 09:36:41 AM »
Hoping for some Ben Woosley in this video.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 10:05:39 AM »
i found this funny.  Greco channeling Berra once again with the creating spots?

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 03:54:57 PM »
more importantly where the fuck is Rusty and 4LOM?
fuck man, i miss him too :(
i assume you dont know what happened to rusty, im not the one to tell so  search on slap.
r.i.p Rustyberrings
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 04:38:25 PM »

Yes, and people still hated on him because his (switch) one in the deathwish video wasn't "legit" ::)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 10:52:57 AM »

That is a god damned sin to the gods of street skateboarding. It's called "street skateboarding" because a huge aspect of the art is finding architecture that average pedestrians use only for the architects intended purpose, and instead use and vandalize the architects constructs as a medium to create art; with nothing but your body and a magic wooden rolling board.  That is what makes skateboarding so fucking beautiful and enjoyable. It's not only about tricks and progression, it's also an act of defiance against our mundane, oppressive lives.

A big part of the fun is exploring a city for tasty spots. Everyone that is a street skateboarding purist knows the joy one feels when you find a new spot. A big part of the fun is the hunt of course. It satisfies our primal hunting instincts and is a celebration of man's insatiable appetite for exploration.

A big reason skateboarding has become so watered down is because the industry has misrepresented what skateboarding is about. It has turned into a lame competition between stunt men to see who can do the most dangerous stunts. Most of the pros that do this don't even enjoy it. It's a better job than working at McDonalds I suppose.

Jim Greco is responsible for a lot of what's lame about skateboarding now. He's the kook that coined the term "hammer". He used to have a "hammer program" he boasted about. He would stop using drugs and alcohol so he could film the minimal amount of stunts to keep him relevant in the eyes of the chrildren that bought his products. After his filming was complete he'd go back to not skateboarding as long as possible. He glorified drug addiction and alcoholism to teenage boys for years to sell product. I witnessed countless kids destroy their lives because they worshipped this kook. He copies legendary rock stars to the t because he doesn't have an identity of his own.

Greco played up his alcoholism and the dude was never a true heroin addict. I know he was into speed pretty heavily but that dude wasn't strung out on heroin ever. He wanted to be like his heroes Johnny Thunders and Lou Reed. He wants to be associated with the dark side of genius because he's a dumb ass that glorifies the mental illness that often accompanies a genius. Dude's a walking gimmick. He constantly quotes things other people have said in the past and passes it off like they're his ideas and words. His constant changing style of fashion are all 100% rip offs from rock stars. Even the shitty art he makes is pure rip off. He is a poser in every sense of the word. The photo posted above is Jim Greco doing what he does best; being a phony kook. The dude even has poser spots. Fuck Jim Greco.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

turtleboy86

• Rep: -14
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 12:07:40 PM »
jim grecos tight, master of the switch frontside flip and nollie. obviously that chain link fence is there so in case he falls he can grab it and save himself.

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 12:38:04 PM »
Lol greco was never even a true junkie what a poser

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 12:42:16 PM »
jim grecos tight, master of the switch frontside flip and nollie. obviously that chain link fence is there so in case he falls he can grab it and save himself.

Wrong wrong wrong! Tom Penny is the undisputed king of the switch frontside flip. That switch frontside flip down Carlsbad 2 decades ago is god like. Greco doesn't even have a nice looking switch fronside flip. Watch in Baker2g when he does it down the 13 he had the Thrasher cover on. Notice how he punches his right arm out very violently right at the moment he pops, the ugly rotation and the landing of much effort. Then go check Tom's. Perfectly executed in every single way and so effortless it looks like he might fall asleep.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 12:53:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wrong wrong wrong! Tom Penny is the undisputed king of the switch frontside flip. That switch frontside flip down Carlsbad 2 decades ago is god like. Greco doesn't even have a nice looking switch fronside flip. Watch in Baker2g when he does it down the 13 he had the Thrasher cover on. Notice how he punches his right arm out very violently right at the moment he pops, the ugly rotation and the landing of much effort. Then go check Tom's. Perfectly executed in every single way and so effortless it looks like he might fall asleep.

the one over the wilshire 10 rail though... to me one of the best ones ever

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2016, 01:02:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I will admit that was very impressive and I agree one of the best ever done. But to me Tom Penny's is The Beatles of switch frontside flips. Consider when it was done as well. Penny was the first person that made me realize style is everything. He's the only pro I've met that I've fanned out on.

Billy Ocean

• Rep: 30
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2016, 02:37:00 PM »
Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer
"Suck a dick, bitch." - Joey Boy

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2016, 08:04:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The SF thrasher cover was better. But nobody is fucking with Penny. Ever.

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2016, 12:25:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

The SF thrasher cover was better. But nobody is fucking with Penny. Ever.
100% penny s the king for sure!

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2016, 04:32:32 AM »
Always loved his Misled youth part, still do. There is alot of add-ons to his personality for sure (Maffialingo, glam, etc.), but I cant help to kind of like his work ethic these days.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2016, 05:37:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm sure the angle makes the gap look longer than it is, but that is gnarly.  Has anyone ever fallen off a roof trying to gap it?  Seems like someone would have by now. 

Grampa

• Rep: 150
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2016, 09:06:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm sure the angle makes the gap look longer than it is, but that is gnarly.  Has anyone ever fallen off a roof trying to gap it?  Seems like someone would have by now. 

My favorite skateboarder did:

Interestingly, this was filmed by Joey Sinko probably 12/13 years ago. Now he's doing the Hammers video.

yeahmmm

• Rep: -23
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2016, 12:29:12 PM »

evidence of this??? I've done heroin many times but never shot it up, does that make me a drug poser?

deluxxxe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2016, 02:02:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
has anybody darkslid the jkwon/radio korea handrail?

pretty sure this guy also darkslid the jkwon rail

Bag_Of_Farts

• Rep: -19
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2016, 09:43:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That is a god damned sin to the gods of street skateboarding. It's called "street skateboarding" because a huge aspect of the art is finding architecture that average pedestrians use only for the architects intended purpose, and instead use and vandalize the architects constructs as a medium to create art; with nothing but your body and a magic wooden rolling board.  That is what makes skateboarding so fucking beautiful and enjoyable. It's not only about tricks and progression, it's also an act of defiance against our mundane, oppressive lives.

A big part of the fun is exploring a city for tasty spots. Everyone that is a street skateboarding purist knows the joy one feels when you find a new spot. A big part of the fun is the hunt of course. It satisfies our primal hunting instincts and is a celebration of man's insatiable appetite for exploration.

A big reason skateboarding has become so watered down is because the industry has misrepresented what skateboarding is about. It has turned into a lame competition between stunt men to see who can do the most dangerous stunts. Most of the pros that do this don't even enjoy it. It's a better job than working at McDonalds I suppose.

Jim Greco is responsible for a lot of what's lame about skateboarding now. He's the kook that coined the term "hammer". He used to have a "hammer program" he boasted about. He would stop using drugs and alcohol so he could film the minimal amount of stunts to keep him relevant in the eyes of the chrildren that bought his products. After his filming was complete he'd go back to not skateboarding as long as possible. He glorified drug addiction and alcoholism to teenage boys for years to sell product. I witnessed countless kids destroy their lives because they worshipped this kook. He copies legendary rock stars to the t because he doesn't have an identity of his own.

Greco played up his alcoholism and the dude was never a true heroin addict. I know he was into speed pretty heavily but that dude wasn't strung out on heroin ever. He wanted to be like his heroes Johnny Thunders and Lou Reed. He wants to be associated with the dark side of genius because he's a dumb ass that glorifies the mental illness that often accompanies a genius. Dude's a walking gimmick. He constantly quotes things other people have said in the past and passes it off like they're his ideas and words. His constant changing style of fashion are all 100% rip offs from rock stars. Even the shitty art he makes is pure rip off. He is a poser in every sense of the word. The photo posted above is Jim Greco doing what he does best; being a phony kook. The dude even has poser spots. Fuck Jim Greco.

*stands and claps slowly
Never in my wildest dreams did I think that Menikmati could be ruined for me, but somehow that asshole (Koston) did it.
Even all the beautiful dorking around in Chomp on This, all I can think is "this adult man tells children to die on Instagram".
Seriously, fuck Koston forever. -Mattchew

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2016, 05:22:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

evidence of this??? I've done heroin many times but never shot it up, does that make me a drug poser?

Only if you're portraying the image of a junkie to make money.

I've shot heroin into my body thousands and thousands of times. It is a living nightmare to be a heroin addict. It's insanely hard to quit because the withdrawal is so fucking painful. I'd rather try to kickflip frontboard El Toro knowing I'd eat shit than have to go through quitting dope again. I've shot up, overdosed and woke up the next day with the rig still in my blood encrusted arm so many times. I've overdosed on Hollywood and was revived by friends with tourests  gathered around. I've had to be hospitalized. I pawned all of my valuable things when I was strung out. It really fucking sucks. You want to quit but it is the hardest thing. I had to go to jail to finally kick it. If you're going to claim junkie cred you need to earn that shit.