Author Topic: BEST BLANK DECKS?  (Read 10375 times)

stupidiot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -55
  • this is my facebook
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
BEST BLANK DECKS?
« on: January 24, 2016, 01:36:30 PM »
who presses the best quality decks in the U.S?
Skateboarding Life Art Potatos

sluggers

• Rep: -407
Re: BEST BLANK DECKS?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 02:55:52 PM »
Get a South Central sample for $20.

http://www.skateboardmfg.com/ordering.html

stupidiot

• this is my facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 03:00:05 PM »

tight. have you skated these before?

Xtal

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 03:41:56 PM »
There's no such thing as "best". Many brands that suck, many that don't. Maple is the standard. Many distributors source it from Canada and press it in the USA. Some source it from the USA and press it here, too. Support your local skate shop by buying a shop deck if they offer one. They're usually $30-$35 and work just fine. One of my local shops puts their graphic on Pennswood, and a different shop offers blanks from Deluxe and also has shop graphics on Deluxe wood. SoCal Skate Shop gets their wood from Clutch which is legit. Skate Warehouse wouldn't tell me where they source theirs from. Just do your research man...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 03:44:11 PM by Xtal »

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 03:52:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
tight. have you skated these before?

South Central makes some of my favorite boards.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

stupidiot

• this is my facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 04:26:39 PM »
There's no such thing as "best". Many brands that suck, many that don't. Maple is the standard. Many distributors source it from Canada and press it in the USA. Some source it from the USA and press it here, too. Support your local skate shop by buying a shop deck if they offer one. They're usually $30-$35 and work just fine. One of my local shops puts their graphic on Pennswood, and a different shop offers blanks from Deluxe and also has shop graphics on Deluxe wood. SoCal Skate Shop gets their wood from Clutch which is legit. Skate Warehouse wouldn't tell me where they source theirs from. Just do your research man...
by "best" i meant best quality regarding pop, shape, and durability , so mentioning brands or companies that suck would be regular... and fuck my local shops, AKA my local Nike and Pennyboard emporium....
i appreciate the valid responses to my question ( pennswood, delux, and clutch) but i honestly didnt need the fucking motivational speech or pep  talk or whatever the fuck that was and this is me doing my research.
all saltiness aside though, thanks bud.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 05:28:14 PM »
Chapman might give you a test deck.
If I remember correctly some of the blankdecks.com decks aren't that bad...
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Xtal

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 06:42:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
by "best" i meant best quality regarding pop, shape, and durability , so mentioning brands or companies that suck would be regular... and fuck my local shops, AKA my local Nike and Pennyboard emporium....
i appreciate the valid responses to my question ( pennswood, delux, and clutch) but i honestly didnt need the fucking motivational speech or pep  talk or whatever the fuck that was and this is me doing my research.

A bit salty indeed. The reason I brought up companies is because if their boards are made and distributed by some of the good ones listed, those are ones you should see if you can buy blanks directly through. And I didn't mention any that suck, just ones that were good.

I know what you mean about your local shops, but not all core shops are like this hence why it's good to keep supporting them. I'm not psychic and wouldn't know what your local shop sells or doesn't sell. A couple local shops by me that have their own boards are very anti-sport companies so it's even more of a reason why I go there. Sorry for helping!

sans umbilical

• Rep: 24
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 07:24:56 PM »

I highly recommend South Central's wood. It's all I've been riding for a while.
Keep Shredding

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 850
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 07:35:00 PM »
Drifter in ATL has sample decks for 20, pretty good boards , nice and spoony nose and a big tail, kinda mellow concave

stupidiot

• this is my facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 08:05:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

A bit salty indeed. The reason I brought up companies is because if their boards are made and distributed by some of the good ones listed, those are ones you should see if you can buy blanks directly through. And I didn't mention any that suck, just ones that were good.

I know what you mean about your local shops, but not all core shops are like this hence why it's good to keep supporting them. I'm not psychic and wouldn't know what your local shop sells or doesn't sell. A couple local shops by me that have their own boards are very anti-sport companies so it's even more of a reason why I go there. Sorry for helping!
youre a scholar and a gentleman Xtal. dont let people like me bring you down. thanks again.

stupidiot

• this is my facebook
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 08:09:08 PM »
Quote from: sans umbilical  link=topic=89437.msg2439455#msg2439455 date=1453692296
Expand Quote

[close]

I highly recommend South Central's wood. It's all I've been riding for a while.

word.

stupidiot

• this is my facebook
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 08:10:33 PM »
Drifter in ATL has sample decks for 20, pretty good boards , nice and spoony nose and a big tail, kinda mellow concave

oh true. thanks man.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 01:23:08 PM »
You know, all decks are blank without their clothes on.