Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 782459 times)

mindfuzz, 561boss, Murray Hewitt, Halfdeadanimal and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #4440 on: August 10, 2022, 05:00:25 PM »

Damn these look real nice! NB does the 440 High justice with all the sick colorways they put out.

Baby on Board

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 33
« Reply #4441 on: August 10, 2022, 05:14:42 PM »

Welp! Just found my next shoe, thank you! Holy shit this colorway goes

Argyle

• Rep: 38
« Reply #4442 on: August 11, 2022, 12:14:57 PM »
Been asked a million times I'm sure but I can't search through all these pages. Tiago 1010, true to size or need to go up half a size (like you used to with NB numeric)?

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 26
« Reply #4443 on: August 11, 2022, 02:36:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Welp! Just found my next shoe, thank you! Holy shit this colorway goes
Wow, beautiful and such a good shoe. One of the best skate shoes I’ve ever had.

eSK3

« Reply #4444 on: August 11, 2022, 06:45:53 PM »
Been asked a million times I'm sure but I can't search through all these pages. Tiago 1010, true to size or need to go up half a size (like you used to with NB numeric)?

Just my experience:
Mesh toe I go a half size down
Solid materials go true to size
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 04:00:49 AM by Rafael »

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4445 on: August 15, 2022, 07:01:13 PM »
im a sucker for photolumienicent stuff

Argyle

• Rep: 38
« Reply #4446 on: August 16, 2022, 02:10:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just my experience:
Mesh toe I go a half size down
Solid materials go true to size

Thanks for the advice. Went true to size on the all black suede and fit perfect

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #4447 on: August 16, 2022, 10:15:01 PM »

jorts

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4448 on: August 18, 2022, 09:13:08 PM »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #4449 on: August 18, 2022, 11:24:06 PM »
This dude Jake can skate!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChbTfaROUVr/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Blokes the best. Can't think of any other workers who are constantly doing nbds (or rarely been dones)

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 22
« Reply #4450 on: August 19, 2022, 06:55:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

jorts

I don’t think I ever wanted a pair of new balance this bad, does anyone have any info on when these drop? Jake’s style is better than most

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1070
« Reply #4451 on: August 19, 2022, 08:33:23 AM »
How NB is doing the jake thing is so sick! The shoe, the clips, the ad.

rothdigga

• Rep: 571
« Reply #4452 on: August 19, 2022, 09:52:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

jorts
[close]

I don’t think I ever wanted a pair of new balance this bad, does anyone have any info on when these drop? Jake’s style is better than most

The shoes went live on our site today but shops also have them so hopefully you can find some at your local to snag.  Some are still in shipment as they just arrived to our warehouse late last week.  Jake rules!  So stoked to be able to promote and support guys like him in this way. 

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 22
« Reply #4453 on: August 19, 2022, 07:27:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

jorts
[close]

[close]

The shoes went live on our site today but shops also have them so hopefully you can find some at your local to snag.  Some are still in shipment as they just arrived to our warehouse late last week.  Jake rules!  So stoked to be able to promote and support guys like him in this way.

I just ordered a pair, very excited to skate them  ;D

Scrublord

• Rep: 1
« Reply #4454 on: August 20, 2022, 09:46:27 AM »
Anyone want some on feet pics of the black red 808? My local shop didn't get a memo to only put them on sale in October so I've got a pair. I won't be skating them for at least a month when my 1010s wear out so no wear test from me lol.

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #4455 on: August 20, 2022, 10:00:38 AM »
Anyone want some on feet pics of the black red 808? My local shop didn't get a memo to only put them on sale in October so I've got a pair. I won't be skating them for at least a month when my 1010s wear out so no wear test from me lol.
Post em up! I’m definitely grabbing some 808s when they are available. Also, let us in on how they fit and the sizing. Have you skated the Tiago 1010s before? If so I’d love to hear how these compare with them in support and cushion.
Thank you in advance!

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #4456 on: August 20, 2022, 10:02:11 AM »

way more curious about the fit compared to 1010's than on how they look on foot at the moment, so if you could scratch that itch for me that'd be real sick of you

Scrublord

« Reply #4457 on: August 20, 2022, 10:17:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Post em up! I’m definitely grabbing some 808s when they are available. Also, let us in on how they fit and the sizing. Have you skated the Tiago 1010s before? If so I’d love to hear how these compare with them in support and cushion.
Thank you in advance!

I'll make some pics tonight if I get the chance. I'm now skating my first pair of Tiago 1010s (the white with green accent), never skated any New Balance before too. Got them about 3 weeks ago and I really like them. Used to exclusively skate etnies with cupsoles (model didn't really matter to me). I've had the tiago 808s for 2 days now, I work retail so I stand and walk a lot. Bought the size 10.5, same as my 1010s but they are a little snug. Tried on size 11 but I didn't really like the looseness and I would've had to lace them tighter than I like. The sole doesn't feel as cushy as the 1010s and it feels stiffer, although that might just be because my 1010s are pretty broken in. Feels like it has some more padding but it doesn't "lock in" on your heel as nicely.

eSK3

« Reply #4458 on: August 20, 2022, 11:31:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

way more curious about the fit compared to 1010's than on how they look on foot at the moment, so if you could scratch that itch for me that'd be real sick of you

The 808 fit true to size.
Compared to the 1010 I usually skate half size down on mesh toe versions but solid material toebox fits more true to size. The 808 feels really grippy out the box and the tread is deep, kids will get their monies worth. 🙏🏽

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4459 on: August 20, 2022, 11:45:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The 808 fit true to size.
Compared to the 1010 I usually skate half size down on mesh toe versions but solid material toebox fits more true to size. The 808 feels really grippy out the box and the tread is deep, kids will get their monies worth. 🙏🏽

right on, thanks! and thanks to @Scrublord too, we wear the same size it seems so that was nice and relevant.
can't wait until those brown suede versions hit shelves

slapattack

• Rep: 12
« Reply #4460 on: August 21, 2022, 07:24:55 AM »
Any one have insight as to when the NM808 are releasing in the wheat/brown suede option. My NM22s are getting pretty f'ed and Im trying to hold out until the 808s drop. I saw someone said October for the black/red but Im not feeling those at all.

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #4461 on: August 21, 2022, 04:07:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Thank you in advance!
[close]

I'll make some pics tonight if I get the chance. I'm now skating my first pair of Tiago 1010s (the white with green accent), never skated any New Balance before too. Got them about 3 weeks ago and I really like them. Used to exclusively skate etnies with cupsoles (model didn't really matter to me). I've had the tiago 808s for 2 days now, I work retail so I stand and walk a lot. Bought the size 10.5, same as my 1010s but they are a little snug. Tried on size 11 but I didn't really like the looseness and I would've had to lace them tighter than I like. The sole doesn't feel as cushy as the 1010s and it feels stiffer, although that might just be because my 1010s are pretty broken in. Feels like it has some more padding but it doesn't "lock in" on your heel as nicely.
Thanks for the info on the 808s! I too used to skate soletech cupsoles. They were great for me for years, but ever since I tried  the 1010s, I can’t bring myself to skate in anything else. I’ll be trying out the 808s and I appreciate your mini review.

Scrublord

« Reply #4462 on: August 23, 2022, 03:10:20 AM »
Got some pics, took a couple of days cuz I've been skating the whole weekend. Threw in some side by sides with the 1010s for good measure. Glad I could be of help to you guys! I'll probably update when I start skating them. Might even do a wear test at some point close to release, although that depends on how long my 1010s hold out. And one more thing I forgot to mention: the tounge on the 808s has more padding than the 1010s but it had a slight bump (don't know how to better describe it) in the middle. Isn't a problem for me but it might get uncomfortable after a while if your foot is shaped differently from mine.

Couldn't upload all the pics here, files too large. Nb 808 lemos https://imgur.com/a/MQGrdGG

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #4463 on: August 23, 2022, 06:40:31 AM »
Got some pics, took a couple of days cuz I've been skating the whole weekend. Threw in some side by sides with the 1010s for good measure. Glad I could be of help to you guys! I'll probably update when I start skating them. Might even do a wear test at some point close to release, although that depends on how long my 1010s hold out. And one more thing I forgot to mention: the tounge on the 808s has more padding than the 1010s but it had a slight bump (don't know how to better describe it) in the middle. Isn't a problem for me but it might get uncomfortable after a while if your foot is shaped differently from mine.

Couldn't upload all the pics here, files too large. Nb 808 lemos https://imgur.com/a/MQGrdGG

Nice.  Is the 808 heel as thick as the 1010? 

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4464 on: August 23, 2022, 06:58:57 AM »

this is great, seeing the heel of the 808 and 1010 side by side was helpful. also re: the bump in the tongue, is it an angle change of the tongue or something like material that puts  pressure on the top of your foot?

Scrublord

« Reply #4465 on: August 23, 2022, 08:57:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nice.  Is the 808 heel as thick as the 1010?

Heel feels about the same thickness.

Expand Quote

[close]

this is great, seeing the heel of the 808 and 1010 side by side was helpful. also re: the bump in the tongue, is it an angle change of the tongue or something like material that puts  pressure on the top of your foot?

Feels like it's some extra material, like the tongue is slightly more padded. Could also have something to do with the shape of my feet.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 75
« Reply #4466 on: August 23, 2022, 10:26:54 AM »
Had my foy's for over a month now, and just starting to hit the rubber shield underneath, at the ollie area.
Amazing! Hands down, most durable shoe ive had in ages! I'd like to try a slightly narrow NB shoe tho.
Which of the NBs have similar rubber sheild around the shoe??

rothdigga

• Rep: 571
« Reply #4467 on: August 23, 2022, 11:41:34 AM »
Any one have insight as to when the NM808 are releasing in the wheat/brown suede option. My NM22s are getting pretty f'ed and Im trying to hold out until the 808s drop. I saw someone said October for the black/red but Im not feeling those at all.
Those wheat ones launch on 11/1.  It's a little longer to wait, but we're launching an 808 colorway each month.  9/1 white, 10/1 black/red, 11/1 wheat and then 12/1 the other white Q4 one.  Hope that makes sense. 

eSK3

« Reply #4468 on: August 23, 2022, 11:54:15 AM »
Thanks for the info @rothdigga

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4469 on: August 24, 2022, 01:36:43 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me