Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 766389 times)

gaunting

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #4860 on: December 06, 2022, 07:26:29 PM »
I'm sure this has been answered too many times already but, do the 440s work well with a wide foot? And y'all going tts? Appreciate the help!

definitely not. 440’s are probably one the slimmest cupsoles width wise you can buy.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #4861 on: December 06, 2022, 07:31:33 PM »
I'm sure this has been answered too many times already but, do the 440s work well with a wide foot? And y'all going tts? Appreciate the help!

I have wide feet especially in the toe department. I use 11.5 in 212s/ 213s (little snug but doable) and a 12 in a 440 and they are super comfy with plenty of room for my fucked up toes width wise.

Tre

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4862 on: December 06, 2022, 08:08:44 PM »
What is you alls experience with breaking in the tiago 1010s

LebowskisRug

« Reply #4863 on: December 06, 2022, 08:19:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

definitely not. 440’s are probably one the slimmest cupsoles width wise you can buy.

Absolute horse shit. I have D/E feet and compared the sole width to a ton of shoes in the shop and they were for sure one of the widest. Like physically put the soles together and tried them on. The 508 is definitely narrower and although the 1010 magically fit me well others have noted they fit narrower.

There are different feet shapes as well. I have Greek shaped feet, which influences how rounded or pointed of a toebox you might like.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4864 on: December 06, 2022, 09:30:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Absolute horse shit. I have D/E feet and compared the sole width to a ton of shoes in the shop and they were for sure one of the widest. Like physically put the soles together and tried them on. The 508 is definitely narrower and although the 1010 magically fit me well others have noted they fit narrower.

There are different feet shapes as well. I have Greek shaped feet, which influences how rounded or pointed of a toebox you might like.

damn man, my bad. lol no offense to anyone. I’m just going based off all the different shoes I’ve skated the past 21 years. it’s just I have super skinny, narrow feet, and I thought they were shockingly slim for a cupsole, and they’re more tight than loose on my slim feet. also, I’ve never skated any other NB shoe besides the 440, so I have no other shoe to reference it.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #4865 on: December 06, 2022, 10:17:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

damn man, my bad. lol no offense to anyone. I’m just going based off all the different shoes I’ve skated the past 21 years. it’s just I have super skinny, narrow feet, and I thought they were shockingly slim for a cupsole, and they’re more tight than loose on my slim feet. also, I’ve never skated any other NB shoe besides the 440, so I have no other shoe to reference it.
I have pretty wide feet and my 440 highs fit well for me true to size. I don't know if that's different with the lows. I could imagine that the lows might be a little slimmer?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #4866 on: December 06, 2022, 10:18:57 PM »
Ya I sounded aggro, but I'm not mad it's just not a true statement. Most New Balances are on the wider side in general but that one is fairly square and wide. It seems a lot of people also size down in it so maybe that's why you were snug?

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4867 on: December 06, 2022, 10:59:32 PM »
idk man.  I’ve had three pairs and all of them were leather maybe that’s why? 🤷🏼‍♂️ I’m sure the suede breaks in better. just ordered them in that wheat/timberland suede color, so we’ll see. still my fav shoe regardless

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #4868 on: December 06, 2022, 11:53:06 PM »
Something to consider for wide footers is a hightop shoe can generally be stretched out more. Obvs the sole isn't gonna change much but the upper is usually made a bit taller so (depending on the design) if you loosen the laces you should be able to get a bit more give side to side. 440s are pretty L shaped tho so might not be as good for this

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 596
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #4869 on: December 07, 2022, 02:06:31 PM »
Anyone has some recommendations for another insole for the 440 low? I really like the shoe as it is, it is just that the balls of my feet hurt a bit after a while. Not sure if I need to wear that shoe in more or if it is the insole. I am in Europe tho, but i saw on the NB site, they sell some aftermarket insoles. And I am a 7.5 US and don't know if a 7 or 8 would be better sizewise for another insole.

Thanks in advance pals.
IG: @flowterspace

wax poetic

• Rep: 40
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #4870 on: December 07, 2022, 02:11:45 PM »
And I am a 7.5 US and don't know if a 7 or 8 would be better sizewise for another insole.

Thanks in advance pals.

When changing out insoles go bigger and trim as needed

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 303
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #4871 on: December 07, 2022, 02:40:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I have pretty wide feet and my 440 highs fit well for me true to size. I don't know if that's different with the lows. I could imagine that the lows might be a little slimmer?

totally agree. I have wide+flat feet and I've skated the lows before. they felt pretty narrow in the arch area where it would cause some pain in the first 20 minutes of skating then it would either go away or the pain would be tolerable. I recently got some 440 highs and they felt a lot more roomier which seems to align with everyone's experience here on SLAP. I didn't think there would be that much of a difference, but I clearly feel it when walking around in them.

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #4872 on: December 07, 2022, 03:23:36 PM »
Anyone has some recommendations for another insole for the 440 low? I really like the shoe as it is, it is just that the balls of my feet hurt a bit after a while. Not sure if I need to wear that shoe in more or if it is the insole. I am in Europe tho, but i saw on the NB site, they sell some aftermarket insoles. And I am a 7.5 US and don't know if a 7 or 8 would be better sizewise for another insole.

Thanks in advance pals.

I used some CX foam insoles lying around from an old pair of LL Cons and they fit perfect and made the shoe much better for impact.
both shoes were the same size, this was for a 440 hi but I assume the fit would be the same.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #4873 on: December 07, 2022, 03:41:50 PM »

Thanks in advance pals.
throw and adidas polyurethane/adiprene insole in from busenitz pros.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #4874 on: December 07, 2022, 04:31:15 PM »

Thanks in advance pals.

I use Superfeet Run Comfort in mine and friends use the Adapt Run. NB sells rebranded versions of both of those. Always go bigger and trim the front. The 440 stock insoles are terrible.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #4875 on: December 07, 2022, 04:35:08 PM »
The 440 high and low are different in that the collar area of the low is stiffer and takes up the tension lower on the shoe. This means the laces tension the arch and mid foot more than the high and create a lower volume mid foot. The width of the shoe is the same, but the volume is different. My highs always feel a bit looser and more flexible and this makes sense since the collar/top lace holes are further from the midfoot. I have low volume feet so the lows fit more snug to my advantage.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #4876 on: December 08, 2022, 02:23:52 PM »

Thanks in advance pals.
There were already a lot of good recommendations throw out there, but for my 440 highs I run a pair of old popcush insoles from my Crockett Highs. Adds way more cushion but I'll admit that it isn't the most supportive for my flat feet. @LebowskisRug is right tho, the stock 440 insoles are useless.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #4877 on: December 08, 2022, 03:52:25 PM »
440 Insole swap recommendations:

Emerica G6 insole (arch support. Could be too thick but wasn't too thick for me when I tried them)

Etnies STI (could be too thick but good cushion)

Es Energy Foam+ (similar to the above two but is firmer)

Nike Zoom Air (not as soft as others I recommended but still better than stock 440)

State Footwear (could be a bit too thick & squishy but can work)

Lakai DeluxLite (or whatever it's called. These aren't too thick)

Any 3 or 5mm FP insole should work
Super Champion Fun Zone

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 596
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #4878 on: December 08, 2022, 04:47:54 PM »

Emerica G6 insole (arch support. Could be too thick but wasn't too thick for me when I tried them)

Nike Zoom Air (not as soft as others I recommended but still better than stock 440)

Yo, thanks for that. I will look at my parents place what's laying around there. I mostly had good experiences with the Lakai insoles. I don't like insoles with arch support.

And by the way, my girl saw your signature the other day and she had to laugh. I love it when she laughs. Thanks.
IG: @flowterspace

jimgrude

• Rep: 66
« Reply #4879 on: December 08, 2022, 07:23:16 PM »

Personally, I never got used to them. The outsole is just too thick to get proper board feel. Also, because they're so thick, you end up flicking against the rubber sole a lot, which just never gave me enough grip for my flip tricks. Even worse, once they finally softened up a bit, it was because I had worn through the outer layer of the outsole completely. What is left underneath has no grip whatsoever. I went to a slippery park and couldn't even walk in them, and the board wouldn't stay on my feet for grinds even. I then realized that the rubber of the outsole is the culprit for every problem I've had with them. They broke in to feel good on my feet, but remained horrendous for technical skating. No clue how people skate these things.

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 39
« Reply #4880 on: December 08, 2022, 07:41:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Personally, I never got used to them. The outsole is just too thick to get proper board feel. Also, because they're so thick, you end up flicking against the rubber sole a lot, which just never gave me enough grip for my flip tricks. Even worse, once they finally softened up a bit, it was because I had worn through the outer layer of the outsole completely. What is left underneath has no grip whatsoever. I went to a slippery park and couldn't even walk in them, and the board wouldn't stay on my feet for grinds even. I then realized that the rubber of the outsole is the culprit for every problem I've had with them. They broke in to feel good on my feet, but remained horrendous for technical skating. No clue how people skate these things.

It’s funny how people all have different experiences.  For me, the 1010’s were so grippy that numerous times I couldn’t move my feet into place quick enough as I approached an obstacle and would have to mission abort.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #4881 on: December 08, 2022, 08:55:12 PM »
Superfeet adapt run > all those options for 440s imo. Keeps your foot sitting nice and low in the shoe but good arch support, a bit more cushion and better heel cup

Deadringer

• Rep: 12
« Reply #4882 on: December 09, 2022, 01:44:32 AM »

Swapped mine out for some Cons insoles from my one stars, felt PERFECT

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4883 on: December 09, 2022, 11:44:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Swapped mine out for some Cons insoles from my one stars, felt PERFECT

Good idea! Forgot about those! Any Lunarlon should work well in the 440s too
Super Champion Fun Zone

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #4884 on: December 10, 2022, 06:18:31 AM »
Never had a pair on NB to skate. Im an old dude that likes cupsoles. Narrow shoes are a no go for me. I flip my board a little but not much. A lot of curbs and just skating around jumping over manhole covers. I’m looking at the 1010 or 808. Bad idea? No shops around me have them so I’m going in blind.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4885 on: December 10, 2022, 08:55:43 AM »
Never had a pair on NB to skate. Im an old dude that likes cupsoles. Narrow shoes are a no go for me. I flip my board a little but not much. A lot of curbs and just skating around jumping over manhole covers. I’m looking at the 1010 or 808. Bad idea? No shops around me have them so I’m going in blind.
I'm fucking loving my 808
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #4886 on: December 10, 2022, 09:26:00 AM »

If you have wide feet get the 1010, if you have super wide feet get the 1010 color ways with the mesh toe box. The 808 didnt work out for me it all, tried the 1010's and love them, I have 4 pairs sitting on ice if that says anything haha

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #4887 on: December 10, 2022, 12:58:52 PM »

they blow out then they feel like clown shoes--def go down 1/2 if yr gonna try em

LebowskisRug

« Reply #4888 on: December 10, 2022, 01:59:39 PM »
Weird, of all modern skate shoes I've owned they break in but haven't blown out a single bit. Had 2 pairs already and 3 others waiting.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4889 on: December 10, 2022, 07:39:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yo, thanks for that. I will look at my parents place what's laying around there. I mostly had good experiences with the Lakai insoles. I don't like insoles with arch support.

And by the way, my girl saw your signature the other day and she had to laugh. I love it when she laughs. Thanks.

Stoked on the sig getting a laugh!!!  ;D
Super Champion Fun Zone