Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 785680 times)

jakeumms, brownbeyg (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Fongstarr.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #8880 on: April 15, 2024, 10:42:21 PM »

From Jeremy Fish’s IG stories.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8881 on: April 15, 2024, 10:46:57 PM »

Just when we thought we needed more 480 in our lives. Btw haven't seen any at all in EU lately :(
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #8882 on: April 16, 2024, 04:11:17 AM »
Eww.. need to see the Celtics pair

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8883 on: April 16, 2024, 04:20:34 AM »
can we get a knicks pair
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -298
« Reply #8884 on: April 16, 2024, 07:29:45 AM »
Kind of a random question but... what's the Slap consensus on the width of NB shoes?

I've been wearing mostly Vans and the occasional Cons, but I just got a pair of 425s for work. They fit pretty good and the insole is comfy, but they are quite narrow in the middle. I don't think I have a wide foot either. My buddy had the Tom Knox 440 Hi and he also said they were really narrow. Is that a NB thing? Are the majority of their models narrow?

nollieboulala

• Rep: 1
  • fuckin wheel fell off
« Reply #8885 on: April 16, 2024, 08:46:14 AM »
Kind of a random question but... what's the Slap consensus on the width of NB shoes?

I've been wearing mostly Vans and the occasional Cons, but I just got a pair of 425s for work. They fit pretty good and the insole is comfy, but they are quite narrow in the middle. I don't think I have a wide foot either. My buddy had the Tom Knox 440 Hi and he also said they were really narrow. Is that a NB thing? Are the majority of their models narrow?

I’ve skated a bunch of 480s and 440 highs and wouldn’t call them narrow at all. I have a pretty average to wide foot I would say.

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #8886 on: April 16, 2024, 09:55:42 AM »

I agree that it is a NB thing, at least in recent years. The first PJ ladd 533s and the 868 not so much but the 508 is super narrow in the middle parts and it is also noticable in the 1010.

mindfuzz

« Reply #8887 on: April 16, 2024, 11:22:28 AM »

YMCMB

• Rep: 50
« Reply #8888 on: April 16, 2024, 11:49:11 AM »

From Jeremy Fish’s IG stories.
Might be on the of the best iterations of a 303/SPB collab yet.

OhioGuy

• Rep: 60
« Reply #8889 on: April 16, 2024, 06:22:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Eww.. need to see the Celtics pair
[close]

https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-480/NM480V1-45869.html

Yes much better
My God, the EST (Celtics) one are way better. That green suede. Honestly, these might be the best looking 480s to date 😱

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #8890 on: April 16, 2024, 06:46:00 PM »
Expand Quote
My God, the EST (Celtics) one are way better. That green suede. Honestly, these might be the best looking 480s to date 😱
the reynolds colorway still clears that imo
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

marcusbutler

• Rep: 39
« Reply #8891 on: April 16, 2024, 06:49:38 PM »
Started skating the #508's. I think I'm 4 sessions in with these shoes. First impressions; broken in right out of the box, very soft squishy sole, very little protection in the forefoot but some decent cushion in the heel. I've been on the thick cup kick for sometime now. So jumping to these, my feet are killing me. Especially in the transverse arch area. I pretty much skate everyday at most 3-4 hours. I can't see myself continuing skating these shoes. But it's got a really good flick and board feel. But I would sacrifice a good flick/board feel for a little more sustenance underneath my foot. Anyone enjoy the westgates? I feel the 440v2 and the foy's have some more underneath the foot than the 508's.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #8892 on: April 16, 2024, 09:20:37 PM »
Damn the Vu are on the NB site?   The midnight drops I make it to are always the ones I could have taken my time on.   

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #8893 on: April 16, 2024, 11:37:05 PM »

I have had the NB# 440, 480, 808, and 1010. Every one of them completely destroyed the middle/arch of my foot. Way too narrow. Toes fit fine. I had a pair of the 600 and they were definitely wider in the middle/arch/heel than the others I mentioned but still a bit narrow. I really like what NB# is doing design/color way-wise and it is a bummer that all of their shoes that I am most stoked on just don't fit my feet.

Vulc wise I had the 255 and the 272 and they both fit me well.

Vans definitely fit my feet better.
How much for an order of ribs?

rikki

• Rep: 284
« Reply #8894 on: April 16, 2024, 11:52:18 PM »
Started skating the #508's. I think I'm 4 sessions in with these shoes. First impressions; broken in right out of the box, very soft squishy sole, very little protection in the forefoot but some decent cushion in the heel. I've been on the thick cup kick for sometime now. So jumping to these, my feet are killing me. Especially in the transverse arch area. I pretty much skate everyday at most 3-4 hours. I can't see myself continuing skating these shoes. But it's got a really good flick and board feel. But I would sacrifice a good flick/board feel for a little more sustenance underneath my foot. Anyone enjoy the westgates? I feel the 440v2 and the foy's have some more underneath the foot than the 508's.

I really liked the one pair of Westgates I skated. I felt they offered a bit more protection than the 440v1 but at the cost of a bit less of boardfeel. The grip could maybe be better. Otherwise, a good shoe. Since then I've liked the 600 a lot more. Still have a pair of 508's on ice and will probably skate them no problem.

Pastasash

• Rep: 74
« Reply #8895 on: April 17, 2024, 06:23:10 AM »
Damn the Vu are on the NB site?   The midnight drops I make it to are always the ones I could have taken my time on.

yeah but more fun to cop from a local shop, esp if it comes in a special box  8)

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 105
« Reply #8896 on: April 17, 2024, 06:42:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah but more fun to cop from a local shop, esp if it comes in a special box  8)

Bingo! I ordered mine from Vu for the box, etc.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8897 on: April 17, 2024, 07:33:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Oh I did it too, just probably didn’t need to be hugging that refresh button like i did

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 105
« Reply #8898 on: April 17, 2024, 08:21:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh I did it too, just probably didn’t need to be hugging that refresh button like i did

;D ;D ;D

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #8899 on: April 17, 2024, 03:37:35 PM »
Anyone know if the 1010s Reynolds is wearing in this are a new colorway or something he diy'ed himself? I know that he's been spotting wearing a lot of different NBs spraypainted black before

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #8900 on: April 17, 2024, 05:00:38 PM »
Anyone know if the 1010s Reynolds is wearing in this are a new colorway or something he diy'ed himself? I know that he's been spotting wearing a lot of different NBs spraypainted black before
Maybe these?

Colourway is called “Black/Sea Salt”
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8901 on: April 17, 2024, 05:00:58 PM »

Just looking at the thumbnail I’d say it’s the black and white ones out now that he colored the sole black

beecee

• Rep: 3
« Reply #8902 on: April 17, 2024, 08:41:59 PM »
Just looking at the thumbnail I’d say it’s the black and white ones out now that he colored the sole black

yee

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #8903 on: April 18, 2024, 01:58:28 AM »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8904 on: April 18, 2024, 06:27:40 AM »
Y'all think the 1906l loafers would skate. Shits silver like on some 2024 Clark Griswold holiday oh.

My favorite movie as a kid. I always wanted my dad to suddenly start moonwalking
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Southernmost

• Rep: 117
« Reply #8905 on: April 18, 2024, 07:02:46 PM »
New colorway of a 480 on Rothdigga IG story. Brown, white with a green bottom. Little red star on the tongue gives it a California Republic flag look. Sorry I didn’t screenshot or upload.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8906 on: April 18, 2024, 09:55:08 PM »

Gotchu.
Best cw of the 480 by far imo.
Would be nice to have staple colors always available like dunks.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #8907 on: April 19, 2024, 07:07:41 AM »

Gotchu.
these are real nice

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #8908 on: April 19, 2024, 07:14:39 AM »
i just want one of those cookies

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 8
« Reply #8909 on: April 19, 2024, 07:45:20 AM »

Gotchu.

Super sick, now make it in a high top :)