Author Topic: Anti-insta skaters  (Read 3646 times)

white rapper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -80
Anti-insta skaters
« on: March 15, 2016, 06:57:23 AM »
Some of the most influential skaters/artists such Gonz, Dill (fucking awesome), kremer are a few I can think of right now that are not active on insta. Respect to these dudes for not hopping on the bandwagon and  remaining  anti insta since right now there is a growing number of whack skaters on Instagram who only post weak ass clips of themselves at their local skatepark (not going to call anyone out myself but you know who they are, also feel free to call them out below if you'd like hahaha).

Yu Dum

Re: Anti-insta skaters
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 07:33:44 AM »
Stop contributing to the shitty threads, you fucktard.
EDIT: (hahaha).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 07:48:48 AM by Blind Fisherman »

CAPTAIN NOBODY

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 08:22:12 AM »
It is the year 2016, deal with it.

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 08:32:25 AM »
Gravette?
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

palenimbus

• Rep: 5
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 09:16:53 AM »

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 10:16:08 AM »
Wes Kremer does not own a smart phone so him
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Koozin

• Rep: -20
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 11:49:39 AM »
Vincent alavarez lives payphone to payphone

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 918
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 11:50:48 AM »
Luddites

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 12:58:59 PM »
I have a small group of friends who whore themselves out on instagram any chance they get. Posting clips from every sesh they ever had and hashtagging fifty different things each video (#skatelife, #metrogrammed, etc) I must say, it gets pretty annoying.

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 04:59:47 PM »
AVE? He has one, but doesn't post skating unless its some real high quality shit. Also doesn't post often. Can't think of anyone who actually doesn't have one...

And fuck trying to "get noticed" on insta. Get out of the skate plaza and film a real part

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 05:21:27 PM »
I'm still perplexed that Stranger has an instagram.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 215
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 01:52:02 AM »
instagram and the whole hashtagging thing is for whimps, especially anything that contains #skatelife or #itfeelsgoodtobeaskater. c'mon now it looks like a competition in lameness
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

blinkyy

• Rep: -18
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 10:32:46 AM »
yup totally agree with the get out of the skate plaza..lots of unique shit being done at variety of skate plazas especially the parks/plazas that have unique obstacles but its almost worthless or i take so many points out because its filmed at the prk...keep filming w the iphones just take it to the streets

SlapRhaters

• Rep: -184
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 01:02:27 PM »
This is how i can tell who has no friends, ive traveled and moved around a lot and instagram helps me keep in touch, as it does for anyone with friends especially pros who meet people around the world. You see competition but thats only because you have no friends and are intimitated by those who do.

Hands down Hass out

• Rep: 4
  • 奇妙な滞在
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2016, 01:09:44 PM »
yup totally agree with the get out of the skate plaza..lots of unique shit being done at variety of skate plazas especially the parks/plazas that have unique obstacles but its almost worthless or i take so many points out because its filmed at the prk...keep filming w the iphones just take it to the streets

"Man, FUCK the streets!"

-Rob D

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2016, 04:50:42 PM »
Instagram will be done soon.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2016, 05:04:04 PM »
Pretty sure Marc Johnson doesn't own a smart phone or computer. I think we'd be better off reading books than looking at IG constantly, it's days are numbered you can tell because they use ads now.

IG is in lots of skaters' contracts, some sponsors will pay for the phone too lol

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2016, 09:30:47 PM »
Pretty sure Marc Johnson doesn't own a smart phone or computer. I think we'd be better off reading books than looking at IG constantly, it's days are numbered you can tell because they use ads now.

IG is in lots of skaters' contracts, some sponsors will pay for the phone too lol

He's on insta @marcjohnson

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -31
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 09:58:38 PM »
I can understand the Instagram hate, but it's cool to see videos of my friends and pros skating and having fun. It's a chill, no-pressure thing for me (though I have heard the crazy stuff about social media stipulations in sponsorship contracts, shit is nuts).

If I'm out skating a warm-up spot with the homies i"ll make a little Instagram video and throw it up. It's cool looking back through old videos of stuff like that and remembering good times with friends.

Also every once in a while an INSANE clip will pop up on my explore page or something haha. That's cool too.

CAPTAIN NOBODY

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2016, 10:01:32 PM »
haha, good one

white rapper

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2016, 05:42:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
haha, good one
Nah Instagram will live forever just like AOL/AIM, xanga, myspace, Facebook, blogspot, Flickr, skateperception. Slap will go down too eventually

Youtube will be the only social media platform to truly live forever since it has thrived and survived since MySpace days when everyone would embed vids on their page.

I think it's odd how some people (mostly girls who are insta whores) devote all their time/put all of their energy towards an iPhone app which is eventually going to die anyway.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 05:46:07 AM by white rapper »

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2016, 07:56:14 AM »
Like Howard Stern said social media is just hype, do good work and they will come.

If you are really killing it you don't need it but it may help you if you are somewhere in the middle ground. I'm not a big fan of it, I feel like people who are really into it are pretty corny

white rapper

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2016, 08:04:59 AM »
Like Howard Stern said social media is just hype, do good work and they will come.

If you are really killing it you don't need it but it may help you if you are somewhere in the middle ground. I'm not a big fan of it, I feel like people who are really into it are pretty corny
Agreed, example. Fucking awesome is killing the game in boards and clothes right now and they are inactive on insta. They don't conform with the norm by trying to go big on instagram and by this I guess you can call them "rebellious" or antisocial which attracts way more attention than a try hard company that goes all out on instagram. I don't buy fa products but I back their style and approach and honestly think they are one of the most legit brands right now
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 08:06:45 AM by white rapper »

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2016, 01:23:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Agreed, example. Fucking awesome is killing the game in boards and clothes right now and they are inactive on insta. They don't conform with the norm by trying to go big on instagram and by this I guess you can call them "rebellious" or antisocial which attracts way more attention than a try hard company that goes all out on instagram. I don't buy fa products but I back their style and approach and honestly think they are one of the most legit brands right now
they are. believe me, a lot of thought and attention go into every detail of everything they put out. now whether people like everything they do is another question.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2016, 02:10:12 PM »
Wes is anti-social media. He'd rather just skate with the homies then worry about what someone else is doing. Dennis Busenitz held out for a long while and when he did get one he posts very rarely and almost never of him skating.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2016, 02:22:08 PM »
Andrew Allen just got one. Jon Goemann just started following me on instagram. Needless to say, I am thrilled, as he is the best.

white rapper

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2016, 05:28:43 PM »
I can't believe I forgot to mention the guy with one of the best styles in history, Gino

jam

• Rep: -1
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2016, 11:27:40 AM »
Tony Karr