Author Topic: How many stairs have you ollied?  (Read 3358 times)

MintySandwhich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
How many stairs have you ollied?
« on: March 16, 2016, 01:10:34 PM »
In light of the CCS Jaws 1-20 stair ollie video, I'm generally curious to know how many stairs slap pals have ollied..

How many stairs have you ollied? What were the conditions? Was it worth it? Footage?

The biggest jaws ollie ive done was a skatepark 12.. got beat and instantly thought stairs were stupid.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: How many stairs have you ollied?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 01:15:22 PM »
In total somewhere in the thousands

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 01:27:57 PM »
a legit 10 when i was 16-17 yrs old and skinny. was pretty nervous, i mostly just wanted to not land on the last step so i was going probly a lil too fast even and did it first try, seemed easy but i knew i got lucky and never did anything that big again

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 01:39:27 PM »
so far every type of six stair there is, but i know i can pull a 8 without much pressure, biggest drop was like chest high and i'm 6'5, actually thinking about it 6'5 187 pounds isn't the best set up for jumping shit, but if BA can pull it off i can try, i want to do a ten at least just to say i ollied a ten though.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 02:21:47 PM »
I was never into ollieing stairs or skating stairs really... too quantifiable for me. I was more into random gaps because they are all different.

But I ollied and kickflipped a 9 once.

I used to skate rails, and would rather skate the rail than the stairs. I never ollied the stairs for warm up, I'd always just boardslide. It was oddly less scary to me.

Eric ricks

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 02:31:17 PM »
Most stairs was 12 but it was fairly small.

I did a bigger 9 stair once

Its stupid cause in my heyday i could raffle off a good 10 or 12 tricks down 8 stairs.

Now that im older ill fuck around on 5 at most. Which is funny cause you can litaerally just ride off 5 stairs lol

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 03:34:09 PM »
I rolled off a curb once. 

Eric ricks

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 04:02:11 PM »

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 04:08:29 PM »
Never enjoyed skating down stairs, so I've never bothered to count. I do remember ollieing up a 3-4 stair on a zip zinger at one point that i was fully prepared to fall up if i didn't make it

Eric ricks

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 04:29:00 PM »
Never enjoyed skating down stairs, so I've never bothered to count. I do remember ollieing up a 3-4 stair on a zip zinger at one point that i was fully prepared to fall up if i didn't make it

Thats cool! As a youngin I was heavily influenced by tom penny, geoff rowley and jeremy wray.

I really tried. But stairs just were not my thing. Nor were rails.

Fuck I even broke both my ankles and all my toes on one foot kickflipping a 6 lol.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 05:41:00 PM »
up is the only way to go.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 05:45:17 PM by Iceman »

vancanman

• Rep: 9
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 12:45:50 AM »
Down 9 up 5.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 03:08:26 AM »
i ollied denver civic center 10 like nine years ago on a youth group trip lol we slept outside to simulate being homeless, super weird

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 05:24:36 AM »
12 stairs once.  Wish I'd tried a 6 flat 6 or somthing while I still jumped down stuff.   They're fun to go off of but if you don't jump off stuff, you are smart cause it's not the best for you're knees really.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Eric ricks

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 05:49:11 AM »
12 stairs once.  Wish I'd tried a 6 flat 6 or somthing while I still jumped down stuff.   They're fun to go off of but if you don't jump off stuff, you are smart cause it's not the best for you're knees really.

Yes! And at least for me, i had to jump everyday almost or id lose confidence and it was like learning a new all over agan(with more impact albiet)

At one point i could kickflip 6 almost every try. Dont skate for a few days and id have to battle to get it back.

I have no idea how pros huck 12s like nothing? Unreal

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1505
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 06:31:15 AM »
-500 in the 29 years I've skated. I always preferred ollieing up instead of jumping down.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 07:41:21 AM »
At my thinnest I've never been under 235lbs. Always been way heavier than I look. Jumping down shit has never been practical. I did ollie an 8 and kickflip a 7 though. I imagine I'd be a hucker if I was a small dude. It's fun and not that difficult.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2016, 08:23:13 AM »
if you can't ollie up it etc.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2016, 08:26:21 AM »

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2016, 10:46:20 AM »
six because fuck jumping down shit. I'll leave that for the pros
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

shark tits

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2016, 10:58:49 AM »
up 4 down 8. but i've done a few 8s and bailed wilshire and a brick ten in seattle too.
before i die i want to do a ten. double digits. closer to god.
that said, i went out for the first time in a long time today and my trucks felt squirrely, 50-50s were hard and harder ledge tricks were nonexistent. i hopped back on my moped and drove home.
think i'm just rusty [berrings] from taking a few months off due to inclement weather. now that it's clement i hope to get back in the swing of things even though i can't skate w/ any of my old friends [they're my 'triggers'] so it's me and 2pac against the world until i make new pals. i've been 40 for a couple years but i truly believe i'll grow into ollieing a ten one day if i find the right one.
then concrete blonde and vampires will come down from the rafters and say 'hey hey, goodbye tomorrow shark tits you're gonna die-ie'.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2016, 11:10:45 AM »
Up 6, Down 10

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2016, 02:56:03 PM »
up 4 down 8. but i've done a few 8s and bailed wilshire and a brick ten in seattle too.
that said, i went out for the first time in a long time today and my trucks felt squirrely, 50-50s were hard and harder ledge tricks were nonexistent. i hopped back on my moped and drove home.
think i'm just rusty [berrings] from taking a few months off due to inclement weather. now that it's clement i hope to get back in the swing of things even though i can't skate w/ any of my old friends [they're my 'triggers'] so it's me and 2pac against the world until i make new pals. i've been 40 for a couple years but i truly believe i'll grow into ollieing a ten one day if i find the right one.
then concrete blonde and vampires will come down from the rafters and say 'hey hey, goodbye tomorrow shark tits you're gonna die-ie'.
You got 10 in you for sure. It's all about the right speed, a gentle stroke of the tail and visualising your roll away. I hope your 2pac and you against the world is working out. I have a 2pac tattoo that I'm quite fond of.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2016, 09:46:41 PM »
nothing bigger than a 12.  kickflip was probably a 10. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2016, 11:01:12 PM »
Not enough

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2016, 12:05:40 AM »
temple 12. best day of my life.

Brick

• Rep: -1
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2016, 05:25:07 AM »
When I was younger I ollied the brooklyn banks 9 stair, which according to wenning is actually a cali 14.

So I've ollied a 14 stair

Eric ricks

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2016, 07:21:57 AM »
When I was younger I ollied the brooklyn banks 9 stair, which according to wenning is actually a cali 14.

So I've ollied a 14 stair

Boss

shark tits

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2016, 08:13:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You got 10 in you for sure. It's all about the right speed, a gentle stroke of the tail and visualising your roll away. I hope your 2pac and you against the world is working out. I have a 2pac tattoo that I'm quite fond of.
thanks soda, i think it's about finding a small perfect 10 for me. you should post that tat, crazy what a global impact 2pac had.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2016, 08:23:25 PM »
I ollied some 13 stair in downtown Charlotte. I fucking floated. 8 years later my roommate taped over the VHS with a local football game. Motherfucker, our team lost
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 08:25:10 PM by able »
ableSkateMag.com