Author Topic: State footwear.  (Read 93227 times)

TurdyBird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
Re: State footwear.
« Reply #540 on: November 12, 2020, 07:02:09 AM »
Expand Quote
My buddy is looking at getting some State bishops in black chambray. Anyone tried em? How's the durability?

I cautioned him about the chambray material but I'm wondering if Im wrong. I'm all about suede but he likes the idea of a vegan option.

Let me know!
[close]
direct him here? https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=95511.0
State make well designed vulcs, better than some of the bigger brands. Can’t vouch for their  chambray models but like the canvas models, I’d imagine they are rubber backed for extra strength...

The specific model/colorway he's considering are on sale. It's not so much he's looking for a vegan shoe, but it is why he's intrigued by the ones I mentioned.

Dude skates suede Emericas patched with duct tape so I figured I'd ask about how durable they are. Thanks for the response, regardless of how condescending you came off
The chillest1

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #541 on: November 12, 2020, 01:01:00 PM »
I'm liking my shoes. I

I'm just chilling in them now. I've had a few people ask what shoe it is. 

I wanna get a pair of keys next time if I can. I miss being in a slip on.

I paint the vans ones black but I saw ben gore has a a color way that got black elastic so I'd just do the foxing. 

Burgundy would be dope too.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -105
« Reply #542 on: November 12, 2020, 02:43:22 PM »
I’m normally a 9.5, would you guys suggest sticking to a 9.5 in them, or a 10?

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
« Reply #543 on: November 12, 2020, 03:27:32 PM »
I so badly want to support this company but until we see a high top cupsole it won't happen

The only shoe option for me at this point

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #544 on: November 12, 2020, 05:55:37 PM »
I’m normally a 9.5, would you guys suggest sticking to a 9.5 in them, or a 10?

I suggest 10
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #545 on: November 13, 2020, 04:37:47 AM »
with all the praise for the pacifica cup, hopefully people know they're available on state's website now. $65

https://statefootwear.com/collections/foot3442903425112wear/products/pacific-cup-black-white?variant=33442903425112

good come sausage

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #546 on: November 13, 2020, 04:55:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My buddy is looking at getting some State bishops in black chambray. Anyone tried em? How's the durability?

I cautioned him about the chambray material but I'm wondering if Im wrong. I'm all about suede but he likes the idea of a vegan option.

Let me know!
[close]
State make well designed vulcs, better than some of the bigger brands. Can’t vouch for their  chambray models but like the canvas models, I’d imagine they are rubber backed for extra strength...
[close]

The specific model/colorway he's considering are on sale. It's not so much he's looking for a vegan shoe, but it is why he's intrigued by the ones I mentioned.

Dude skates suede Emericas patched with duct tape so I figured I'd ask about how durable they are. Thanks for the response, regardless of how condescending you came off
tough crowd huh?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #547 on: November 13, 2020, 05:45:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Let me know!
[close]
[close]

I've been skating in the same pair of Bishops (except walnut/white is the colorway, not sure if the material is any different) since freaking July, so I'd say the durability is surprisingly great. They still have a lot of life in them too, no ollie hole on either (my skating style is atrocious for shoes), the laces are the most ripped part, I just checked and the classic big toe hole on the outer sole is only just now starting to form on the right one (I'm goofy). They obviously feel soggier than they used to be but they don't feel dead, just super comfortably worn in (which is my shit).

Honestly before I skated those I had been skating nothing but Albanys for at least a year if not two (in fact I still have a few pairs stockpiled), so when I started skating the Bishops I expected them to suck in comparison, maybe just due to how I tend to prefer mid tops, but then they grew on me over time and I'm not sure a pair of shoes ever even lasted me this long in 20+ years of skating. I still prefer the Albany, but those also really aren't a bad model.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #548 on: November 14, 2020, 07:18:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Let me know!
[close]
[close]

[close]

I've been skating in the same pair of Bishops (except walnut/white is the colorway, not sure if the material is any different) since freaking July, so I'd say the durability is surprisingly great. They still have a lot of life in them too, no ollie hole on either (my skating style is atrocious for shoes), the laces are the most ripped part, I just checked and the classic big toe hole on the outer sole is only just now starting to form on the right one (I'm goofy). They obviously feel soggier than they used to be but they don't feel dead, just super comfortably worn in (which is my shit).

Honestly before I skated those I had been skating nothing but Albanys for at least a year if not two (in fact I still have a few pairs stockpiled), so when I started skating the Bishops I expected them to suck in comparison, maybe just due to how I tend to prefer mid tops, but then they grew on me over time and I'm not sure a pair of shoes ever even lasted me this long in 20+ years of skating. I still prefer the Albany, but those also really aren't a bad model.

Thank you so much! Appreciate you giving me the low down Silhouette!!
The chillest1

dumptruck12

« Reply #549 on: January 06, 2021, 06:34:21 AM »
So what’s up with state? I wanted this company to be a big thing but these guys are slow with it, I get they are small and such, but we barely get any new models and most of the colorways we get are Mehh, also why was there a Fred Gall shoe? He doesn’t even wear them, all he wears are busentiz vulc’s. Give us a honest update, maybe some team footy, where’s all the guys at? Jon Nguyen been hiding out? Give coakley a colorway or something, idk, I wanna support but give us something!

Diocletian

« Reply #550 on: January 06, 2021, 06:58:58 AM »
I got those Pacifica Cups, they're my first pair of State's and I love them. Seems like as a company they're laying low and doing their own thing.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #551 on: January 06, 2021, 10:11:31 AM »
So what’s up with state? I wanted this company to be a big thing but these guys are slow with it, I get they are small and such, but we barely get any new models and most of the colorways we get are Mehh, also why was there a Fred Gall shoe? He doesn’t even wear them, all he wears are busentiz vulc’s. Give us a honest update, maybe some team footy, where’s all the guys at? Jon Nguyen been hiding out? Give coakley a colorway or something, idk, I wanna support but give us something!
I'm on the same page, I think they're dropping the ball.
I had a couple of pairs and they were ok, pretty durable, never really felt broken in right.

The cupsole addition is nice, but the grip pattern on the sole is a complete joke. Like those old HUF shoe that go bald in one session.
Unfortunately, my current opinion of State can only be given by Ben Gore's apathy to take my money at FTC and Maloufs seemingly constant Instagram complaining about how he has to go to work.

dumptruck12

« Reply #552 on: January 12, 2021, 05:26:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I had a couple of pairs and they were ok, pretty durable, never really felt broken in right.

The cupsole addition is nice, but the grip pattern on the sole is a complete joke. Like those old HUF shoe that go bald in one session.
Unfortunately, my current opinion of State can only be given by Ben Gore's apathy to take my money at FTC and Maloufs seemingly constant Instagram complaining about how he has to go to work.
I think it’s time they update this team, total revamp. I’m willing to give them my money but I’d love to see a new direction by this company. Start with putting Ryan lay on!

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #553 on: January 13, 2021, 01:24:45 AM »
How are Elgins compared to Bishops ?
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #554 on: January 13, 2021, 04:54:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have the cups and saw the tread on the bottom and figured it won’t last long at all. So now they are chillers. But there’s better chillers out there . So I only wore them 1 time so far to get groceries and don’t see a point in even trying to skate them. Let down.

@Diocletian have you skated yours? How are they holding up. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 07:13:27 AM by Murge »

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #555 on: January 13, 2021, 05:02:20 AM »
waiting for the bushwick
good come sausage

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #556 on: January 28, 2021, 01:17:20 AM »
waiting for the bushwick

Same here, I hope they feel better than the Salem because I didn't like them.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 479
« Reply #557 on: January 30, 2021, 11:22:43 AM »
I wish State would sell their insoles individually (as a pair of course) because they are some of the best that come stock with shoes. I've had 7+ States over the last 3-4 years and I've tried to keep all of their insoles when I was done skating/wearing them.

Anyone else really fond of their insoles?
Super Champion Fun Zone

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #558 on: January 30, 2021, 09:04:45 PM »
I wish State would sell their insoles individually (as a pair of course) because they are some of the best that come stock with shoes. I've had 7+ States over the last 3-4 years and I've tried to keep all of their insoles when I was done skating/wearing them.

Anyone else really fond of their insoles?

yupppp their insoles are hella good. it's like that blue gel thing that came under the insoles back then, but a whole insole made of it.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Thomas

• no pop no style
« Reply #559 on: January 31, 2021, 02:23:28 AM »
Just ordered some black Elgin's  8)

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #561 on: January 31, 2021, 04:34:26 AM »
I back that catalogue. Would be nice to try a pair of Vistas but i'm reluctant after experiencing chilles issues that were brought on by wearing Keys for a few days.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #562 on: January 31, 2021, 05:07:40 AM »
Mid cut cupsole? Damn count me in...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Shuh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #563 on: January 31, 2021, 06:45:50 AM »
I need that matt Rodriguez vista black leather to chill in.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #564 on: January 31, 2021, 07:48:28 AM »
The black leather Leland with the gum sole looks rad. I've been hoping to grab em when they come out, thought they were slated for spring 2021, maybe they're pushed back or maybe they're just in the fall line too.

That fall line looks pretty nice all things considered. I've actually skated 3 or 4 pairs of State shoes and I think they're good for what they are. The all black Salem high top was my favorite looking shoe for a minute.

ballintoohard

« Reply #565 on: January 31, 2021, 08:15:30 AM »
Sterling have a refined Grasshopper vibe to em. I’d wear those, the all black Rodriguez joints, and the black Leland. Overall that catalog is one of the best looking of all the skate shoe companies and certainly better than Emerica, Es, and Axion

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 479
« Reply #566 on: January 31, 2021, 11:13:50 AM »
Those Sterlings look like a better version of the Mercer but as a cup!
*swoon* 
I'm gonna need both colors once they drop! Been hoping State would do cups since I'm not a fan of vulcs anymore. Psyched!
Super Champion Fun Zone

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #567 on: January 31, 2021, 11:32:32 AM »
damn a lot of good ones with this release. i'd try those lelands. cool to see them using full grain leather now, those matt rodriguez ones would be nice to chill in. glad to see them keeping the harlems around, those skate really well.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

TKsGrillz

• Rep: -2
« Reply #568 on: January 31, 2021, 11:54:44 AM »
When are "modern" shoe companies going to stop making Sperry's topsiders with Tao bao bottoms trying to pass them off as skate shoes?
BRING BACK THE CHONKS....

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #569 on: January 31, 2021, 01:28:25 PM »
When are "modern" shoe companies going to stop making Sperry's topsiders with Tao bao bottoms trying to pass them off as skate shoes?
BRING BACK THE CHONKS....
Gnar for you sir.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.