Author Topic: Stay away from es Sesla's  (Read 6919 times)

Willie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
Re: Stay away from es Sesla's
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2016, 07:31:15 AM »
Expand Quote
you think thats bad, every single one of the hidden loops on my maranas broke, and the rubbertoe was completely gone after 2 days. the sole went bald after a week. man fuck etnies. i was gonna skate my higlightes to, but the sole was almost gone after cruising for 15 minutes. and today i started skating some rap ct�s and the sole is breaking off. not wearing down, chunks are falling of. never buying etnies again. and i cant return them or email etnies because i live in norway. fuck etnies.

fuck etnies. and theyre pretty bad when it comes to child labor to from my under standing.

fuck etnies
[close]

oh my fuck my text is moving what kind of sorcery is this

� � � � � � � � � � � � � �hoooooooooooooooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Whoa! I'm going to use this on fucking everything now!

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -1
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2016, 11:23:11 AM »

fuck etnies. and theyre pretty bad when it comes to child labor to from my under standing.

fuck etnies

Do you have a source on that? Not doubting you, just interesting.

children make the best ~shoes~

Such

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2016, 01:41:03 PM »
Expand Quote

fuck etnies
[close]

Do you have a source on that? Not doubting you, just interesting.

children make the best ~shoes~

another thread talking about sole tech being shady af.

but i did a quick search and it seems like adidas nike and puma are the most ethic choises.

http://rankabrand.org/sportswear-sports-shoes/Etnies

• Rep: 99
  • Fully Flared! coming November 16th 2007
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2016, 10:01:52 AM »
I ordered a pair of brown/gum es accels in 2014 and one of the tongue straps wasn't properly sewed in, I contacted soletech and they sent me a call tag to ship the shoes to them. Unfortunately they didn't have the exact pair/size I ordered (this was before es had their own online shop and they only distributed the shoes) so they sent me a pair of accelerates and they also sent me back the defective pair. I have the Seslas too and just now tried lacing up the hidden lace loops and they worked fine so it's definitely a defect.

JAesop

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2016, 11:59:47 AM »
I ordered a pair of brown/gum es accels in 2014 and one of the tongue straps wasn't properly sewed in, I contacted soletech and they sent me a call tag to ship the shoes to them. Unfortunately they didn't have the exact pair/size I ordered (this was before es had their own online shop and they only distributed the shoes) so they sent me a pair of accelerates and they also sent me back the defective pair. I have the Seslas too and just now tried lacing up the hidden lace loops and they worked fine so it's definitely a defect.

Good to know, thx.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2016, 02:31:28 PM »
so anybody skated his seslas yet? i am really curious for feedback!

i just wear mine for walking around at home so far. went half a size up due to them being too short in my true size. they are rubbing my pinky toe but not too bad.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2016, 05:48:40 PM »

i just wear mine for walking around at home so far. went half a size up due to them being too short in my true size. they are rubbing my pinky toe but not too bad.
http://veganskateblog.com/uncategorized/es-sesla-first-look-review
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2016, 01:29:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
http://veganskateblog.com/uncategorized/es-sesla-first-look-review

tthanks...but i thought any of YOU guys might have skated it yet. been reading that article 6 times already!

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2016, 08:29:04 AM »
I just yanked on the tabs on my seslas . Nothing happened. You have a defect pair, be an adult and have them replaced. And next time, do this before you go on some bullshit house wife esque online smear campaign. You might want to change that melodramatic thread title considering you have the only reported issue for the sesla, bitch

troof

JAesop

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2016, 09:23:17 AM »
Expand Quote
I just yanked on the tabs on my seslas . Nothing happened. You have a defect pair, be an adult and have them replaced. And next time, do this before you go on some bullshit house wife esque online smear campaign. You might want to change that melodramatic thread title considering you have the only reported issue for the sesla, bitch
[close]

troof
My replacement pair did the same thing today in my second hour of skating them.While I was skating, not even when I laced them. This time it was the top two loops on the left side, not just one.These shoes are crap.

On the positive is that Sole Tech did send replacements but it was a slow process. I had to buy another pair of shoes while I waited. Also big thanks to Premier because they were willing to take them back when I couldn't get Sole Tech to answer my emails or voicemails.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 10:15:10 AM by JAesop »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 403
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2016, 09:49:53 AM »
Have you thought that maybe you're just bad at lacing shoes?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2016, 09:55:58 AM »
Do you work out?

JAesop

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2016, 10:14:11 AM »
Have you thought that maybe you're just bad at lacing shoes?

Actually, yes.

Who knows? Maybe just two bad pairs. Its a bummer though because they are really light and have good soles for a cup sole.

JAesop

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2016, 10:25:44 AM »
Do you work out?

You noticed!!!

That's why I am so pissed. They really matched my blue Gold's tank.

ZEBRA

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2016, 02:13:53 PM »
I totally understand how you're upset at the defective lace loop. They shouldn't do that right out the box. Especially twice.

But, if you're stoked on them, then just make it work. You're skating them anyways, they're gonna be torn to shreds eventually. Is that lace loop the only way to lace them??

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2281
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2016, 02:20:25 PM »
Calm down on the damn laces breh

JAesop

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2016, 03:21:07 PM »
I totally understand how you're upset at the defective lace loop. They shouldn't do that right out the box. Especially twice.

But, if you're stoked on them, then just make it work. You're skating them anyways, they're gonna be torn to shreds eventually. Is that lace loop the only way to lace them??

They have a regular lacing system which I haven't mangled yet.  I didn't take a picture but one of the laces was almost cut through right out of the box also. Looks like a box cutter got them. Thinking I may have gotten a factory seconds/ defect pair as a replacement. Anyway I'll finish them off and get some Cubans or Owens or something. #lacejinx

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2016, 07:29:59 PM »
Don't be a bitch, call the company you bought them from and get your money back, just cause you bought one shitty pair doesn't mean the company sucks...I've had a pair of janoskis before blow the sole out within minutes, I've had the glue wear out on vans after two days of wearing them, and I've had the stitching on cons rip apart after putting my foot in them, it just happens sometimes, don't bitch about it.

It is good to hear feedback on a potentially expensive investment. eS always portrayed their brand as the elite branch of Sole Tech. They should have completed exhaustive testing of any new shoes before being released to the public.

eS's customer service also seems non-existent. I have not been able to get a response from anyone over there. I've had shit shoes from all brands too, but customer service is one thing any company of any size can control (especially a brand that's trying to re-establish itself in the marketplace).

It is possible that the whole company sucks.

JAesop

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2016, 07:46:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Don't be a bitch, call the company you bought them from and get your money back, just cause you bought one shitty pair doesn't mean the company sucks...I've had a pair of janoskis before blow the sole out within minutes, I've had the glue wear out on vans after two days of wearing them, and I've had the stitching on cons rip apart after putting my foot in them, it just happens sometimes, don't bitch about it.
[close]

It is good to hear feedback on a potentially expensive investment. eS always portrayed their brand as the elite branch of Sole Tech. They should have completed exhaustive testing of any new shoes before being released to the public.

eS's customer service also seems non-existent. I have not been able to get a response from anyone over there. I've had shit shoes from all brands too, but customer service is one thing any company of any size can control (especially a brand that's trying to re-establish itself in the marketplace).

It is possible that the whole company sucks.

I only got a response when I sent an email to Don Brown's email address. The customer service guy that ended up taking care of me was in the online sales department. He was really helpful but it took several weeks to get any initial response. That was with at least two voicemails also.I actually contacted Premier during that time and asked them if they had contact info for a rep or anybody -just so I could talk to an actual person.  As I stated before, Premier was willing to take them back even though it was "all sales final".  They didn't even hesitate, so much love to them for stepping up.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2016, 09:19:11 PM »
That sucks JAesop, Selsa's were going to be my first purchase from the resurrected version of eS but now I'm having second doubts. Hope they fix for next season when those black/ white joints come out

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

BMCsteve

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2016, 07:16:55 AM »
This is definitely a bummer to hear.  I was really excited about the Selsa's specifically because of the internal lacing option. 

jwdharris

• Rep: -2
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2016, 07:39:19 AM »
I just got the Sense today. Same sole, and really similar shape.
Maybe worth trying those?

Sorry to hear you got some dodgy pairs, I've had two pairs of the Sesla and they both held up fine.

JAesop

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2016, 09:35:34 AM »
I just got the Sense today. Same sole, and really similar shape.
Maybe worth trying those?

Sorry to hear you got some dodgy pairs, I've had two pairs of the Sesla and they both held up fine.

The Sense actually looks better. More room in the toe, more ventilation. Thanks for the heads up...

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2016, 09:55:56 AM »
I had an issue with a pair of the Sal reissues. I sent 'eS a PM on Facebook and Don Brown responded same-day, asked me what pair of shoes I might want as a replacement. I asked for the Accel reissues and they were delivered to me 3 days after I sent them a message. The replacement shoe is awesome and I couldn't be happier with my experience.