Author Topic: Zero is done  (Read 35639 times)

Xtal.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -406
  • Less is more stay pure, stay poor
Re: Zero is done
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2016, 09:39:42 PM »
Quote from: alecjahr  link=topic=90867.msg2489150#msg2489150 date=1462422632
Expand Quote
Alright alecjahr. You have some fucking explaining to do. You fucking lying, rumor bullshit fuck face.
[close]
hahaha harsh and was told of the email could be a bull shit liar kid from the park but he seemed certain of him self.
you're an idiot

brwrxstl

• Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2016, 09:40:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Going to Dwindle was a mistake so there's no chance I support Zero anymore
[close]

It was all downhill after they started Mystery honestly. But you're right nothing can make a bunch of random cross and sword graphics worse other than putting them on sweatshop wood.

[close]

I guess you don't get tired of being clowned on, we all look pretty favorably upon $lave which happened much after, swords are Darkstars bailiwick, and I don't recall many cross graphics after the initial year or so of his conversion which by its nature isn't random.
[close]

I guess I was oblivious to the idea if being "clowned on" on the internet by random kids who can't handle people having opinions that are different than theirs.

Like I said, Zero's been terrible for a lot longer than it was ever cool (to me) and I'm not a fan of Jamie Thomas. Whether you like it or not. It's just weird to me you'd care that much to try changing my mind when I could give two ducks about how you feel
[close]

Lmao there's no getting out of that one

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2016, 09:43:34 PM »
It was only a matter of time. Jamie Thomas sucks

haha, agreed!!!
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2016, 09:45:59 PM »
I'm pretty critical of you and the shoe discussion, but am still interested in your part in the new Plus video.  :o

haha, whats the shoe discussion? was i left out?
...oh and don't get your hopes up for my footage, i only filmed for 1 day with the plus bros, but it was a great time!!!
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2016, 09:50:01 PM »
Jamie, did ride channel text you asking if this was true?

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2016, 09:54:43 PM »
90s style became popular again to a degree so its only a matter of time until late 90s becomes cool again

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2016, 09:55:19 PM »

haha, as if you were supporting the brand before

no, whatever info they got, they mustve gotten it from here...

doublesteveburger

« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2016, 09:59:16 PM »
Jamie just flamed Tracer and Ride Channel and thats more than enough incentive for me to make my next board a Zero.

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2016, 10:05:06 PM »
Do you have any old windbreakers lying around? I left mine at a spot one day I guess about 17 years ago and I still miss it.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2016, 10:06:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

oh, is this reference to them asking if Tom K quit 3D?

Ummm i dont even get that reference. Just ride channel texted Sam Smyth if koston and guy were leaving Girl.

Damn am i that much of a troll i can't have a conversation with one of the dudes i looked up to the most back in the days? Fuck, gotta get my shit together  

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2016, 10:09:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

You need donations now? Always supported zero and even got 7 different broads to flash the van on the back of one of your demo posters.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2016, 10:11:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ummm i dont even get that reference. Just ride channel texted Sam Smyth if koston and guy were leaving Girl.

Damn am i that much of a troll i can't have a conversation with one of the dudes i looked up to the most back in the days? Fuck, gotta get my shit together �

maybe the dude that texted smyth was leland from 48 blocks; he's one of the old emb heads and i think he did or does work for ride. maybe he does the news or something. i think he's the same dude that texted Tom k. i just remember everyone getting fired up about tom getting asked that. it was an instagram thing for a minute

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2016, 10:15:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Damn am i that much of a troll i can't have a conversation with one of the dudes i looked up to the most back in the days? Fuck, gotta get my shit together �
[close]

maybe the dude that texted smyth was leland from 48 blocks; he's one of the old emb heads and i think he did or does work for ride. maybe he does the news or something. i think he's the same dude that texted Tom k. i just remember everyone getting fired up about tom getting asked that. it was an instagram thing for a minute

Well at least you haven't pulled a Koston yet on social media. If that never happens you will always be number one in my book

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2016, 10:18:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
You need donations now? Always supported zero and even got 7 different broads to flash the van on the back of one of your demo posters.

haha, not sure what the donations is about, but i wish i was on the tour when 7 broads flashed the van.

not sure how who sells and distributes our boards makes the brand less rad at a consumer level, but shit you're the boss of your support. i'm just trying to get back to why i started zero; to make cool shit and work/skate w the team. when running a distribution i largely lost connection to the brand at the street level. now i'm back in the trenches and sorry if that smells like shit where you're at, but where i'm at it's rosie....

brwrxstl

• Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2016, 10:19:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haha, agreed!!!

I'll stop bitching about Zero if you reissue this on Chapman or PS Stix wood

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2016, 10:22:21 PM »
Do you have any old windbreakers lying around? I left mine at a spot one day I guess about 17 years ago and I still miss it.

haha, we may have one somewhere; or i could meet you at the spot where you left it and help you look

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2016, 10:23:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

haha, agreed!!!

[close]

haha sick, can't wait!

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2016, 10:24:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haha, we may have one somewhere; or i could meet you at the spot where you left it and help you look
I'm pretty sure it was at Desert West in Phoenix. When are you free?

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2016, 10:28:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I'm pretty sure it was at Desert West in Phoenix. When are you free?

tuesdays & thursdays between 4-6; my wife takes the kids to soccer practice. i may have to get a ride though, my car's in the shop

brwrxstl

• Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2016, 10:33:59 PM »
They can pull an ES and go under, then come back on a small scale and go to a good woodshop (like whoever does northern co gawd damn) then people would fuck with the boards and they might be able to be steady again, key word might

Yeah. In all seriousness. As opposed to going to Dwindle why didn't this (minus actually going under) happen?

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2016, 10:37:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

haha, not sure what the donations is about, but i wish i was on the tour when 7 broads flashed the van.

not sure how who sells and distributes our boards makes the brand less rad at a consumer level, but shit you're the boss of your support. i'm just trying to get back to why i started zero; to make cool shit and work/skate w the team. when running a distribution i largely lost connection to the brand at the street level. now i'm back in the trenches and sorry if that smells like shit where you're at, but where i'm at it's rosie....

Don't talk to me about being in the trenches. You have never been fired at and never will. Sit at your desk and sign checks, what you said is an insult to the forces who put their lives on the line every day to keep you safe and rosie. Warfare talk could earn you a buck but you should really stfu about that outside the brand.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2016, 10:38:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

haha, agreed!!!

[close]

DON'T TRY TO STRONGARM THE CHIEF!!!

Best of luck I SUCK!
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2016, 10:39:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

It was all downhill after they started Mystery honestly. But you're right nothing can make a bunch of random cross and sword graphics worse other than putting them on sweatshop wood.

[close]

I guess you don't get tired of being clowned on, we all look pretty favorably upon $lave which happened much after, swords are Darkstars bailiwick, and I don't recall many cross graphics after the initial year or so of his conversion which by its nature isn't random.
[close]

I guess I was oblivious to the idea if being "clowned on" on the internet by random kids who can't handle people having opinions that are different than theirs.

Like I said, Zero's been terrible for a lot longer than it was ever cool (to me) and I'm not a fan of Jamie Thomas. Whether you like it or not. It's just weird to me you'd care that much to try changing my mind when I could give two ducks about how you feel
[close]

[close]

Lmao there's no getting out of that one

But there's 3, maybe 4 ducks there

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2016, 10:40:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Don't talk to me about being in the trenches. You have never been fired at and never will. Sit at your desk and sign checks, what you said is an insult to the forces who put their lives on the line every day to keep you safe and rosie. Warfare talk could earn you a buck but you should really stfu about that outside the brand.

DON'T TALK TO TRACER ABOUT THE TRENCHES JAMIE! WTF? Good post.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2016, 10:42:24 PM »
Did the same artist that does Slave graphics do these?

Just triple his pay and do the same vibe stuff.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2016, 10:47:23 PM »
Did the same artist that does Slave graphics do these?

Just triple his pay and do the same vibe stuff.

yeah ben horton did these, he was the art director for zero for 10 years and he runs slave and does freelance art and art shows; dude rules

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2016, 10:48:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

relax dude, no one is knocking the armed forces; it's a metaphor for being back in the mix or the struggle. and i agree w you 100%, i obviously do not know what it's like to be shot at and i have the utmost respect for those that fight for our freedom. that's a whole other topic that you fired me into by taking one word out of context. the closest i've been to warfare is visiting afghanistan as a civilian to support skateistan and i was thankful for the structure our military helped provide to even make skateistan possible...

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2016, 10:55:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

relax dude, no one is knocking the armed forces; it's a metaphor for being back in the mix or the struggle. and i agree w you 100%, i obviously do not know what it's like to be shot at and i have the utmost respect for those that fight for our freedom. that's a whole other topic that you fired me into by taking one word out of context. the closest i've been to warfare is visiting afghanistan as a civilian to support skateistan and i was thankful for the structure our military helped provide to even make skateistan possible...

Tracer lost some good men at the Battle of Verdun

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 167
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2016, 11:34:37 PM »

Don't talk to me about being in the trenches. You have never been fired at and never will.
Neither have you.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2016, 12:11:45 AM »
I'm stoked you are skating more Jamie and giving Zero more attention.  To me whatever trends are hot there will always be a place in skateboarding for Zero.  Technically my first board was a shop blank, but I remember selling my bass guitar so I could buy a serious setup and I was so happy I got the firebirds deck.  Thanks iSuck!

Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot