Author Topic: Lame corporate shoe company has lame corporate skate video premier  (Read 22902 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
Re: Lame corporate shoe company has lame corporate skate video premier
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2016, 08:05:40 PM »
Expand Quote
wow what a bitch, skaters are known to cause trouble....
[close]
Yeah, I'm the bitch...
Expand Quote
Gipp, just wondering what kind of shoes you wear/ support? (Im not attacking, I'm just genuinely curious)
[close]
I've been going with Vans skate hi's. Vans are far from perfect, but do it right, have done it all along, and I don't see them continuing to exist without having a skateboard program a many more people skate in them than sail in them. I'd like to get some emericas, and used to always skate them, but I can't find a shop around me that has any hi top Emericas, and my doctor says if I want to keep skating I need to go hi top from now on, so that's pretty much the best I can get.

They're kinda hard to find these days, but if you can find the high top Reynolds shoe they put out you're in for a real treat.

yohimbe718

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2016, 09:37:49 PM »
Does this guy just complain about everything?

too much

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2016, 10:15:10 PM »
Not bringing your board to a premier? I can't believe I'm even reading this...most skaters get so hyped off the video they want to skate immediately after the video...night skating with your friends...bar hopping on your skateboard...skating before the premier. That would irritate the hell out of me hearing somebody at an event having side commentary dissing the skaters that brought their boards. That's the fake attitude like people where after 25 they don't drink beer anymore but now wine, like shut the fuck up. I would have taken the uber without my board I'd still be flabbergasted hearing skaters think it's kooky to bring your board to an event. I'm completely perplexed on how pussy of a fucking comment that is. I'm literally speechless, words cannot describe, maybe shocked is a good word, I'd be shocked in person and keep my mouth shut lol. Yeah man totally agree idiots for bringing their boards.

The LA premier was super VIP, only skate shops that carried Adidas got a select amount of tickets. I put in a small attempt to get tickets and then was like fuck it I'll see it online. I haven't been very motivated to go to events lately...I don't think people are that amped at the events, for example a few posters at events are just people watching and analyzing oh look at those fools they brought their boards...oosh that's cringeworthy dialogue. It's like where the bitches at, who's got weed, where are we going after is the conversations, and of course the video. Not look at those "dorks".

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1114
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2016, 10:15:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah, I'm the bitch...
Expand Quote
Gipp, just wondering what kind of shoes you wear/ support? (Im not attacking, I'm just genuinely curious)
[close]
I've been going with Vans skate hi's. Vans are far from perfect, but do it right, have done it all along, and I don't see them continuing to exist without having a skateboard program a many more people skate in them than sail in them. I'd like to get some emericas, and used to always skate them, but I can't find a shop around me that has any hi top Emericas, and my doctor says if I want to keep skating I need to go hi top from now on, so that's pretty much the best I can get.

[close]

They're kinda hard to find these days, but if you can find the high top Reynolds shoe they put out you're in for a real treat.
Sk8 hi and reynolds hi are worlds apart.
Hsu would be closer.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 215
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2016, 02:38:42 AM »
Why don't they just let skate shops host premieres either in the shop or somewhere nearby. Just give a copy of the video to the shop and let them have smaller premieres. The Deathwish video was like that and I loved watching it at Pitcrew, it was mellow and fun.

skateshops that have been fucked over by corpo shoe brands should retaliate by doing unofficial premiers of the video, using pirate copies and then handing free discs to everyone who attended.. the video was meh
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

asakusa75

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2016, 03:21:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
quote the whole thing motherfucker, IF YOU'RE SO AGAINST CORPO WHY DID YOU FUCKING GO IN THE FIRST PLACE TO SHOW SUPPORT  PENDEJO?
[close]
You don't know? Becwause good skateboarders had parts in it and I'd rather watch a video for free then give adidas my skateboarding dollars and buy it. You're just trolling right? I didn't answer that part because it was pretty obvious why a person who doesn't want to pay to see a video would go to a free showing of it.
[close]
you're full of fucking shit. there have been FREE leaked copies of the video all over the internet and slap for 2 weeks now.

Dude...you are so fucking good at this shit its insane...crazy.

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2016, 03:24:48 AM »
The fact you have the nerve to think anyone would give a shit about your novel of a post makes me wish that fat loser from tum yeto managed to have you fired.

TheAmericanAntique

• Rep: 11
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2016, 04:35:24 AM »
I bet they didn't allow boards that night so the pros on the team wouldn't have to autograph peoples boards...among other things that have been mentioned already.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2016, 05:05:46 AM »
Would you have started a thread about having a great time had all these problems not occurred?

Yung Spy Kid

• Rep: 1
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2016, 06:37:57 AM »
Yung nigga complain mode

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2016, 07:18:12 AM »
So I bet it was the Orpheum that made people check their boards. That sounds like a house rule to me. They've hosted big skate premiers before, and doubtlessly had trouble, but I think charging for it was a total crock of shit.
Went, didn't get in, punk rocked myself out of a good time.
Oh well, the bar next door had $3 drafts till 8 and you could smoke on the porch, which was cool.

Gipper though, how can you go on these long tirades against Adidas and justify wearing Vans? They are a billion-dollar plus company, owned by an even bigger company, and in my opinion, they get way too much of a pass for that "Oh we've been down since day one" line. Fuckin' Van Dorens came out from Massachusetts to California to make a rubber shoe, not support skateboarding. They saw a market, and got lucky with timing.
Granted yes, they pay Cardiel, but how is that different than Lance being on Nike?
This feels like Christianity vs Scientology. Same basic bullshit, but the difference has been a few years worth of good marketing.
I dunno dude, your rants have some good points from time to time, but I feel that attending the premier really hurt your credibility. I mean yeah, I'm super down for Adidas beer and good times, I understand why you went, but I'm not the one basically making an online career out of bashing "big skate".

Turbo Taylor

• Rep: -4
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2016, 07:49:15 AM »
Why don't they just let skate shops host premieres either in the shop or somewhere nearby. Just give a copy of the video to the shop and let them have smaller premieres. The Deathwish video was like that and I loved watching it at Pitcrew, it was mellow and fun.

Saw the Deathwish one like this at Stratosphere. They just did a projector in the parking lot with beers and it was a great time. Another shop, Ruin, has been doing a lot of in-shop premiers lately (Isle's "Vase", etc.) and the atmosphere is always so much more enjoyable than the the larger operations.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2016, 09:13:02 AM »
Expand Quote
^ Nope. skated there. Not that you would know, but hey, that proves my point is pretty solid if corpo whores have to make up facts about me in order to defend their masters.
[close]

Expand Quote
I wanted to grab something from my car and wanted to walk out of the unfull theatre real quick, knowing at this point that they weren't even asking for tickets.
[close]

Expand Quote
So you skated from where you parked to the theater?
[close]

Fair enough, I was actually trying to go across the street to grab a tall can, since they forced people to come early and locked them in the theatre for an hour to wait.
This "gotcha" shit doesn't actually disprove my point that adidas had a shitty corporate premier where skateboarders weren't actually allowed and an obsessively controlling staff forced skaters to sit through some corporate event instead of a skate premier.

All y'all defending adidas are lame little shits. You try to be "down" and know about skating, but if you back adidas, you actually hate skate culture.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 09:29:30 AM by Ronald Wilson Reagan »
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

unerds

• Rep: -3
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2016, 09:31:48 AM »
The premier in Vancouver....theatre was empty....no advertising.....no one knew about it.....

fuckin hell. i would've gone.

they had a vancouver date on their site, then it suddenly disappeared so i assumed they canned it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 09:46:27 AM by unerds »

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2016, 09:39:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^ Nope. skated there. Not that you would know, but hey, that proves my point is pretty solid if corpo whores have to make up facts about me in order to defend their masters.
[close]

Expand Quote
I wanted to grab something from my car and wanted to walk out of the unfull theatre real quick, knowing at this point that they weren't even asking for tickets.
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Fair enough, I was actually trying to go across the street to grab a tall can, since they forced people to come early and locked them in the theatre for an hour to wait.
This "gotcha" shit doesn't actually disprove my point that adidas had a shitty corporate premier where skateboarders weren't actually allowed and an obsessively controlling staff forced skaters to sit through some corporate event instead of a skate premier.

All y'all defending adidas are lame little shits. You try to be "down" and know about skating, but if you back adidas, you actually hate skate culture.

stayfalse

• Rep: 5
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2016, 09:56:17 AM »
Atlanta premier was really nicely held. No wait, walked right in, and Adidas gave out free popcorn and drink tickets along with free shirts and posters. Good amount of people showed up, but it was in no way a shitshow and was one of the best managed premiers I've been to.

edit-boards were also allowed in
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 10:03:00 AM by stayfalse »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2016, 10:01:38 AM »
I love how the pro-adidas people have claimed:
1) Skateboarders are troublemakers who need to be controlled
2) Its stupid to skateboard places, and you doubt people do it.

Nice arguments to prove my point- backing adidas is for shitty lame people.
Skateboarders think adidas in skating is lame, and their recent actions have also been lame.
Corporate-loving sneakerheads defend corporate moves by talking shit on skateboarders.

God post THPS skateboarders are the worst fucking people. I'd rather hang out with scooter kids.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2016, 10:05:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah, I'm the bitch...
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Sk8 hi and reynolds hi are worlds apart.
Hsu would be closer.

They're Emericas and they have a decent height on the ankle, which fits the mold for a suggestion.

I like the Hsus but the Reynolds definitely have more support.

unerds

• Rep: -3
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2016, 10:21:55 AM »

Skateboarders think adidas in skating is lame, and their recent actions have also been lame.
Corporate-loving sneakerheads defend corporate moves by talking shit on skateboarders.

God post THPS skateboarders are the worst fucking people. I'd rather hang out with scooter kids.

i'm with you on this one.

i'd find it much more tolerable if peeps just admitted that they liked the shoe, and wilfully supported a brand that is actively trying to reshape skateboarding culture to coincide with their own marketable image.

instead, we get all this blah blah blah attempts at justification bullshit, which is really more of an indicator of guilt... guilt because they know that they're eating this tripe and convincing themselves that it's a good thing.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2016, 10:38:37 AM »
Exactly. They like the shoes, and they don't like all the bad shit I'm saying about a product they like. Rather than acknowledge it, they literally took the anti-skateboarding stance. Like literally...."who rides their skateboard to the premier?!?!" and "skateboarders should have their boards confiscated!"

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 919
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2016, 10:47:38 AM »
I get what you're saying, but for the most part I don't skate to venues like that because I know they have not allowed me in with my board and it's not worth risking. I feel like Adidas didn't come in and say "no skateboards allowed at this skateboard video premiere." It depends on the location of the premiere.

Oh and the people who claim that Vans is just as bad as corporate shoe brands are fucking idiots.

Skate premieres are kinda overrated but they're fun when it's free or for a shop video or somehting.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2016, 11:06:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Not stoked about having to check boards in, drove to event.  ;D Finding shit to bitch about for the sake of bitching.
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

i giggle

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2016, 11:07:53 AM »
Gip is obviously very hot about this :-\

It's good he can vent on slap, instead of picking fights at the bowling alley

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2016, 11:11:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i'm with you on this one.

i'd find it much more tolerable if peeps just admitted that they liked the shoe, and wilfully supported a brand that is actively trying to reshape skateboarding culture to coincide with their own marketable image.

instead, we get all this blah blah blah attempts at justification bullshit, which is really more of an indicator of guilt... guilt because they know that they're eating this tripe and convincing themselves that it's a good thing.

I think it's Gipp's stridency that makes it so hard to want to agree with him.  He's like an ur-Bernie Bro

Harry in Your Pocket

• Rep: -20
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2016, 11:12:40 AM »

"lame little shits"?
"down"?
"hate skate culture"?

How old are you Don Quixote?

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2016, 12:26:35 PM »
I hate skate culture. Skateboarders are the most terrible part of skateboarding.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2016, 12:56:02 PM »
I hate skate culture. Skateboarders are the most terrible part of skateboarding.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2016, 01:16:00 PM »
Exactly. They like the shoes, and they don't like all the bad shit I'm saying about a product they like.

So like you with Vans? Owned by a parent company as bad or worse than Nike and Adidas in standards and practices?

LifeHammered

• Rep: 53
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2016, 01:55:48 PM »
In no way an adidas brand fan, but gip your resentment towards them claiming they do not support skateboarders for the board check is laughable. Of course a theatre doesn't want hundreds of kids and grown adults bringing their skateboards into their establishment. As far as the ticket thing, it was actually a pretty cool move on adidas part as they did that for shops to have a way to get kids in their doors. The tickets weren't required for entry, they were just something tangible to keep as a memento.

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2016, 02:10:43 PM »
As mentioned before in this thread, the board checking thing is the venue not adidas. At the SF polar premier they made everyone leave their boards in the fuckin hallway that just opened up to the street with no one watching them basically. As far as I know, no ones board got stolen , which says a lot about the SF Bay Area skate scene, and I was really stoked on that actually but I digress

Also who the hell hates on bringing boards to a premier?? Gip is 100% right on this one, nothing better than being juiced after a video and going night skating. I think we skated to some pupusa joint right after the polar video and I was so hyped poppin ollies with friends.

Now the real question is, how do y'all feel about skating with backpacks? I Always want my camera and a nalgene when I skate but hate skating down the street with a backpack. I feel it messes up my balance and also all of a sudden I find myself offering to hold my buddies sweatshirts and other BS in it while skating around town
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.