Author Topic: 2016 NFL SEASON  (Read 19950 times)

handsclapanin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
Re: 2016 NFL SEASON
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2016, 12:06:08 PM »

HeadInLionsMouth

• Rep: 142
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2016, 08:57:20 PM »
Quote from: HeadInLionsMouth link=topic=92612.msg25482x85#msg2548285 date=1473824079
Expand Quote
I'm a Bills fan.

(sigh)
[close]

what do you think of rex ryan?

Right now, not very highly.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the entertainment and attitude he brings, but that only seems to be effective at practices and press conferences.  And since those apparently don't do anything to affect our standings, I get tired of it quickly.

I also grew up during "the Super Bowl years", and I have a lot of respect for Marv Levy. I want another Marv, because that guy knew how to get shit done and motivate people to work. #clonemarv

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2016, 10:45:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Another classic Tracer prediction. 28- 0 Niners. Stoked on a shut out victory to start off week 1, wasn't too hyped on Gabbert last season but but he made some great decisions today and fits well playing in Chip's style of offense. On to Carolina who are probably gonna be pissed after losing against Denver last Thursday, hopefully we stand a chance.
[close]

If the Niners stay on the ground and keep running the ball they can beat Carolina. It was pretty obvious in their first game against Denver that they can't stop the run.
[close]

great way to start the season for the niners.. i'm not convinced of anything quite yet, but the o-line and the defense looked MUCH improved from last year.  it's gonna take a game against a solid team to see what they are made of, so hopefully next week we see a good game.
[close]
The general consensus is that the 9ers are still terrible, just better than that dumpster fire in L.A.

I can live with that after last season I'm just hoping to get some more division wins and some closer losses. Honestly does anyone in Los Angeles fuck with the Rams? I only really see dudes rooting for the Raiders down there.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2016, 06:38:31 AM »
I wonder how insane some Raiders fans are going to be when they move to Nevada in the next year or two.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2016, 11:17:26 AM »
I wonder how insane some Raiders fans are going to be when they move to Nevada in the next year or two.
Im already bummed on it, I live in NY and its nice to take trip out to SF to see friends and go to a game in Oakland every other year, The Raiders are a CA. based team, they shouldn't leave the state!
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2016, 11:37:11 AM »
All this raiders talk man... Too many NFL teams some should be cut.

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -378
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2016, 10:40:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Another classic Tracer prediction. 28- 0 Niners. Stoked on a shut out victory to start off week 1, wasn't too hyped on Gabbert last season but but he made some great decisions today and fits well playing in Chip's style of offense. On to Carolina who are probably gonna be pissed after losing against Denver last Thursday, hopefully we stand a chance.
[close]

If the Niners stay on the ground and keep running the ball they can beat Carolina. It was pretty obvious in their first game against Denver that they can't stop the run.
[close]

great way to start the season for the niners.. i'm not convinced of anything quite yet, but the o-line and the defense looked MUCH improved from last year.  it's gonna take a game against a solid team to see what they are made of, so hopefully next week we see a good game.
[close]
The general consensus is that the 9ers are still terrible, just better than that dumpster fire in L.A.
[close]

I can live with that after last season I'm just hoping to get some more division wins and some closer losses. Honestly does anyone in Los Angeles fuck with the Rams? I only really see dudes rooting for the Raiders down there.
rams are the og la team. there are a lot of older folks in la who like the rams and a lot of people my age who didn't grow up with a team have been drawn to the rams. all this talk of the raiders moving has me feeling uneasy. i have serious reservations about calling myself a las vegas raiders fan. having said that, even with hometown pride i would never be caught dead as a los angeles rams fan.
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2016, 06:05:41 AM »
It will be weird calling them the Las Vegas Raiders. Finally the best day of the week. Can't wait to watch Baltimore shit on the Browns today. Lots of good divisional games today. I think the biggest upsets will be the Dolphins taking the W and possibly the Rams taking the W.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2016, 02:09:27 PM »
Some bright spots during that 4th quarter rally against Carolina just couldn't capitalize. Hopefully a better week against the Seachickens

Can't wait to watch Baltimore shit on the Browns today.
They indeed shitted on the Browns, they blew the fuck out of that first quarter lead.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2016, 04:58:12 AM »
Some bright spots during that 4th quarter rally against Carolina just couldn't capitalize. Hopefully a better week against the Seachickens

Expand Quote
Can't wait to watch Baltimore shit on the Browns today.
[close]
They indeed shitted on the Browns, they blew the fuck out of that first quarter lead.

That game was a trip. Cleveland came out real hot and luckily Baltimore pulled it together. I hope the 49ers beat the Seahawks next week. I hate that team.

jomeara1

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2016, 08:11:29 AM »
Hope that dude Williams on the Saints is alright that shit was scary

jomeara1

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2016, 08:58:28 AM »
Its not fair  >:(.  The pats dont even have Brady or 2 starting offensive lineman, Gronk 'easing' his  way back into it, down to their third string QB and they're still killing it.  I'm really convinced that Belicheck just sprinkles magic on all of his players and they become super stars all of the sudden.

WantSomeSlaw

• Rep: -26
  • bohica
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2016, 10:17:35 AM »
Genuinely surprised the Pats won against the Texans. The Texans have a decent defense, and I'm surprised they weren't able to contain the Pats. Especially with a third string QB and Gronk barely playing.
Shit could be worse

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2016, 10:46:36 AM »
LOL 27-0 no surprise the Pats keep rolling. JJ Watt is great and all, but Houston looked like trash totally out coached.

Gotta believe Green Bay will drop the hammer on Detroit Sunday after losing to em last year.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2016, 12:56:43 PM »
JJ watt has only had 1 sack ever on the Pats. They prepare for him every time. Bill Billichek is an amazing coach. Pats will always be in the post season. The Texans are an ok team. Remember last year when they got smoked by the chiefs in the first game of the playoffs? 30-0.

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2016, 01:04:33 PM »

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2016, 02:30:12 PM »
JJ watt has only had 1 sack ever on the Pats. They prepare for him every time. Bill Billichek is an amazing coach. Pats will always be in the post season. The Texans are an ok team. Remember last year when they got smoked by the chiefs in the first game of the playoffs? 30-0.

Yeah with a QB that threw 5/6 interceptions. The defense didn't allow Kansas City an offensive touchdown last week so you can't
Put this loss on the defense. Out coached and a stagnant offense. Plus two special teams fumbles. You just can't do that shit.

I can't fathom being shut out in an offensive friendly NFL. Even the Cleveland fucking Browns can put up at least a field goal.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Tracer

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2016, 02:47:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah with a QB that threw 5/6 interceptions. The defense didn't allow Kansas City an offensive touchdown last week so you can't
Put this loss on the defense. Out coached and a stagnant offense. Plus two special teams fumbles. You just can't do that shit.

I can't fathom being shut out in an offensive friendly NFL. Even the Cleveland fucking Browns can put up at least a field goal.
It's better to get smoked as it gives the team a chance to reflect, figure out who they are and move forward. Losing close games can instill false confidence with the "what ifs" and shit. Houston is a good team, lots of teams have bad starts, address the problems and go on to win the super bowl. 3rd string QB though, ouch  :-X

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 565
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2016, 04:32:21 PM »
fitzpatrick is the worst and he keeps finessing stupids teams to think he's a starter.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 04:36:48 PM by Big Skatefase »

Tracer

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2016, 05:01:10 PM »
Today has me wondering if Cleveland actually tries to lose these games. 3 missed FG, and they KICKED OFF in OT! Why the fuck would you do that in any scenario?

Station cut to the Pitt game, shortly after back to Tanehill running in the walkoff TD  ;D

snickers

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2016, 05:53:40 PM »
the raiders looked so fucking ugly. they won, but they sure as fuck didn't deserve it.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2016, 09:25:30 PM »
The Seahawks ran all over the Niners today, pretty bummed to lose the team I despise the most

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2016, 04:42:32 AM »
Is Carson Wentz elite?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2016, 06:02:08 AM »
Carson Wentz is just fucking good. I did not expect that at all. The steelers are definitely feeling bad today. Baltimore 3-0 which is cool but our defense won't keep winning these games. Trestman needs to start coming up with some good plays so flacco can utilize that cannon of an arm he has. O line needs to protect him better as well. If the Ravens want to beat the Raiders next week they need to get points on the board on more drives. So many teams won yesterday that I wasn't expecting. The Eagles shat on Big Ben. The Vikings defense and Sam Bradford took down the dab daddy. Rex Ryan with his back against the wall took out the Cardinals. Trevor Siemian finally showed everyone he can unleash the aerial game and they beat the bengals. The Redskins hung on by the skin of their teeth and won. I'm enjoying football a lot this year. So far the prime time games have been whatever, but they get better in November. How sick is it that on Christmas this year football is on that Thursday, Two games on Friday, Christmas Eve which is Saturday there are games on all day, and Sunday I get the best gift of all which is getting to watch the Ravens play the Steelers.

jomeara1

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2016, 08:14:17 AM »
fitzpatrick is the worst and he keeps finessing stupids teams to think he's a starter.

That was so fucking embarrassing yesterday.  Typical JETS, they play really good one week and then the next week its like they're a completely different team.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2016, 09:39:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Raiders mang. But really, if they didn't convert we'd be calling for Del Rio's head right now and already be writing the season off.
[close]
I am a Die hard Raiders fan, every win makes you feel like your going to the super bowl, and every loss makes you think its going to be another 14 years until we get there. 

Looking forward to this season!  Hoping to Get to over .500 for a change!

i think its pretty possible. got a nice schedule and things seem to be clicking a little better this year. denver looking unfortunately good again though

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2016, 06:00:57 AM »
Was not expecting the Falcons to win last night.

snickers

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2016, 06:31:40 AM »
Was not expecting the Falcons to win last night.

eh, the w was expected to go to NO, but so far, their defense has been nonexistent.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2016, 06:36:45 PM »
Wow, Chargers just can't hold onto a 4th quarter lead.
You're welcome Saints fans.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2016, 11:06:17 PM »
My team fucking choked away a 14- 0 lead
Worst of all Bowman left the game today after what looked like a achilles injury, so fucking bummed and after all that dude went through to make it back from his horrible leg injury in Seattle a few years back just to go down again. Hoping for the best.