Author Topic: Over/underrated pros & why  (Read 14699 times)

Howie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
Re: Over/underrated pros & why
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2016, 01:02:31 PM »
Wieger deserves to be talked about more.

Deucifer

• Rep: 10
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2016, 01:59:43 PM »

True. But no one can say his name
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

Lasernaut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2016, 02:05:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

True. But no one can say his name
To me it seems like no one makes an effort. So that's an evil circle, I guess.

Cougarloverhaha

• Rep: -8
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2016, 04:16:47 PM »
Expand Quote
I would rather watch Ben nordberg than Riley hawk any day. 
[close]
Wrong

Alrighty then

Tyson

• Rep: 1
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2016, 04:34:23 PM »
Dane Vaughn's been killing it on IG recently.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2016, 06:51:05 PM »
every time there is a thread like this I feel the need to shout out ron deily

also we all love antoine asselin but the industry sleeps on him big time

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2016, 08:25:35 PM »
Justin Strubing is extremely underrated.

To go with the GX discussion, I feel like Brian Delatorre deserves more attention as well.

jaesi25

• Rep: -153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2016, 07:48:13 AM »
Fred Gall is overrated and definitely has a fat butt. the great brown suciu is overrated. Malto is better than his released footage. Fred Gall is overrated.
what i want when i want with who i want how i want.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2016, 08:10:40 AM »
Expand Quote
I don't know if this counts because as far as I know he's not pro anymore (was pro for Traffic but demoted to am for Chocolate, and that's criminal), but, Yonnie fuckin Cruz
[close]

Does the Crailtap camp know how much they blow it on potentially revamping their brands? They sleep on fucking everybody and how they talked Yonnie into demoting himself is beyond me
While on the subject of GX and Crailtap, Tyler Pacheco is one of my new favorite skaters, solely based on his 10-12 tricks in the GX1000 video. Making Yonnie and Manchild the faces of Chocolate and Girl would be a great move.

Massimo should have been pro years ago.

Chad Tim Tim deserved way more love. Nate Broussard, too.

Collin Provost has been running the same video part for a few years now.

Dakota Servold is very overrated. Cool, another 50-50.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2016, 08:13:21 AM »
Dane Vaughn is absolutely one of the best skateboarders out there these days.

And to whoever said Antoine Asselin....didn't he hit the Dime lottery? I thought he was one of the owners, and when Dime struck gold, so did he, making the whole board sales issue irrelevant.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1231
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2016, 08:15:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't know if this counts because as far as I know he's not pro anymore (was pro for Traffic but demoted to am for Chocolate, and that's criminal), but, Yonnie fuckin Cruz
[close]

Does the Crailtap camp know how much they blow it on potentially revamping their brands? They sleep on fucking everybody and how they talked Yonnie into demoting himself is beyond me
[close]
While on the subject of GX and Crailtap, Tyler Pacheco is one of my new favorite skaters, solely based on his 10-12 tricks in the GX1000 video. Making Yonnie and Manchild the faces of Chocolate and Girl would be a great move.

Massimo should have been pro years ago.

Chad Tim Tim deserved way more love. Nate Broussard, too.

Collin Provost has been running the same video part for a few years now.

Dakota Servold is very overrated. Cool, another 50-50.

Manchild seems to be on the Girl and Lakai Instagrams a lot, but is he officially on the teams? I don't recall seeing anything for him or Yonnie yet. Hopefully they have something official in the works.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -7
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2016, 08:26:38 AM »
Ronnie Creager......it seems like everyone loves him but he never gets the shine he deserves.

Good call. Ronnie Creager - most underrated skater of the century. Also a good example of what happens to you if you refuse to play the fashion game.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 376
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2016, 08:49:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Ronnie Creager......it seems like everyone loves him but he never gets the shine he deserves.
[close]

Good call. Ronnie Creager - most underrated skater of the century. Also a good example of what happens to you if you refuse to play the fashion game.

And ride for Blind throughout the entirety of their "grim reaper" phase...and Tensor...and then start a brand called "High School Drop Out".

Dude is a god, though. He had my favorite part in menikmati, which is saying a lot. I re-watched that thing so many fucking times. Those mirrored 180 trashcan/krook pinic table lines...straight fire.

He seems so nice too, always posting pics on instagram of stacks of used boards and is like "don't ever hesitate to ask me for a board if you need one!" that's sick.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2016, 10:57:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And to whoever said Antoine Asselin....didn't he hit the Dime lottery? I thought he was one of the owners, and when Dime struck gold, so did he, making the whole board sales issue irrelevant.

Just because he's part of a successful company doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to have his name on a board and be put in the mags

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2016, 11:23:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Just because he's part of a successful company doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to have his name on a board and be put in the mags
I didn't mean deserve, I meant want. You can't be hungry with a full belly.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -304
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2016, 11:27:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

true but he blew it by not staying on blind. He jumped the gun by quitting.  He should of stayed on for the steady check and developed his brands.  Im afraid kids are not going to recognize the greatness of ronnie.

jomeara1

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2016, 11:31:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

true but he blew it by not staying on blind. He jumped the gun by quitting.  He should of stayed on for the steady check and developed his brands.  Im afraid kids are not going to recognize the greatness of ronnie.

Well then fuck em lol.  Its their fault for not doing something about it, right?

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2016, 11:36:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Well then fuck em lol.  Its their fault for not doing something about it, right?
yeah true but his close friends and industry colleagues who made money off of him should of told him those graphics and the name high school dropout sucks.  Didn't he complain about blind graphics only to do the same shit. Blind is looking way better than HSD and thats saying a lot

Pine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2016, 11:56:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

true but he blew it by not staying on blind. He jumped the gun by quitting.?  He should of stayed on for the steady check and developed his brands.?  Im afraid kids are not going to recognize the greatness of ronnie.

He left Blind for exactly that reason. Years ago he told Weiss that he was eventually going to want to start his own thing and asked Weiss if he had his back. According to him Weiss agreed to that. Years later, it came time Ronnie wanted to do his own brand and Weiss wasn't down for it so Ronnie left and started the brand on his own.

Slappydarkslide

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2016, 11:57:19 AM »
Ronnie and Daewon should've been on Girl and Chocolate respectively

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2016, 12:03:56 PM »
Heard from a reliable source that Creager didn't leave Blind but was actually let go...I always thought that seemed weird though so I dunno.

Pine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2016, 12:13:06 PM »
Heard from a reliable source that Creager didn't leave Blind but was actually let go...I always thought that seemed weird though so I dunno.

Ummm more reliable than the man himself?

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2016, 12:13:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

true but he blew it by not staying on blind. He jumped the gun by quitting.?� He should of stayed on for the steady check and developed his brands.?� Im afraid kids are not going to recognize the greatness of ronnie.
[close]

He left Blind for exactly that reason. Years ago he told Weiss that he was eventually going to want to start his own thing and asked Weiss if he had his back. According to him Weiss agreed to that. Years later, it came time Ronnie wanted to do his own brand and Weiss wasn't down for it so Ronnie left and started the brand on his own.

He wanted ownership in blind from what i was told from a few people he hung with and they weren't willing to do so. Im not sure whats true at this point.  Someone get ronnie on the forum and straighten this out. Crob where you at? bring him on 9 club
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:17:32 PM by Aatila »

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2016, 12:19:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ummm more reliable than the man himself?

I don't doubt it, but do you have a source? All I saw was an instagram post that said "free at last" which doesn't say one way or the other about his departure.
I didn't really follow any of this saga and just assumed he left on his own accord too but then heard otherwise.

straight

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2016, 12:20:54 PM »
 creager has horrible taste - - i.e. pine

straight

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2016, 12:22:22 PM »
in before pine says he got anally probed by NKA

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2016, 12:23:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

true but he blew it by not staying on blind. He jumped the gun by quitting.� He should of stayed on for the steady check and developed his brands.� Im afraid kids are not going to recognize the greatness of ronnie.
Yeah dude, he was only on them for what? 15 years? What a sponsor hopping turncoat!

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2016, 12:25:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

true but he blew it by not staying on blind. He jumped the gun by quitting.� He should of stayed on for the steady check and developed his brands.� Im afraid kids are not going to recognize the greatness of ronnie.
[close]
Yeah dude, he was only on them for what? 15 years? What a sponsor hopping turncoat!

closer to 20, lol

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2016, 12:25:34 PM »
I never understood why daewon and rodney didnt pick him up at almost. Would be a perfect fit...

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2016, 12:29:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
haha ok sure i guess thats what I'm saying huh? I'm saying there should have been more thought into his brand before leaving or getting kicked off when you have the means.  You can't deny the fact his brand looks rushed and i doubt its keeping him afloat.