Author Topic: VX1000 General Discussion (gear/set-ups, filming/editing, tips/advice, etc.)  (Read 82804 times)

Mac Berg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
  • VX1000 SLC, UT
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Are you guys using tadashi filters on your mk1s nowadays or are they not very good/not worth it
[close]
Nope, the lens flare looks terrible. Probably should but mine's already slightly scratched so..
[close]

Agreed. Weird flare on the perimeter, and the plastic is hard to keep dust free. Sometimes itís ok but if direct sunlight hits the lens itís hard to get a clean image.
[close]

And it's so rare to be able to control the direction of sunlight. Not sure how great it would look during nighttime/with a video light, either.

http://youtu.be/zl4H5eplt0Q

Here's a little 3 min edit shot with the Tadashi filter on at all times. Half of it is at night with a light on the VX. Honestly, the filter is even less noticeable at night. You do get the perimeter flare in direct sunlight, but like someone mentioned, it's a small tradeoff for keeping your MK1 pristine.

Side note: I've gone through probably 30+ Tadashi filters, no exaggeration. Once they get too scratched, or I scuff them from impact, I swap out. I have noticed that using a real microfiber cloth or blowing air to remove dust particles keeps them scratch-free longer than using the little cloth pouch they ship with.

Hope this helps anyone on the fence!
Is there any money in skateboarding film anymore?
I dunno about money, but the fun is boomin.

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 32
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
Side note: I've gone through probably 30+ Tadashi filters, no exaggeration. Once they get too scratched, or I scuff them from impact, I swap out. I have noticed that using a real microfiber cloth or blowing air to remove dust particles keeps them scratch-free longer than using the little cloth pouch they ship with.

Hope this helps anyone on the fence!

I swear the amount of ones I've had savage lens hits with and come away with nothing has made whatever I've paid for how many of those filters worth it.
i donít think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Garth Marenghi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
The small static dot in the center doesn't look to bad, neither the night footage but whatever is going on in the upper right corner on that last 5050 looks wild. All in all not as bad as I thought. Cheers for the reference!

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
    • tumblr avatar image
Someone posting the 25th anniversary for 5k.
Looks like it got removed off eBay? No way it actually
Sold for 5k.
Who ever listed it and removed it hope they got the eBay fees.
Nerd.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
mk1ís are going up for sale again Monday 27th at noon.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E