Author Topic: HOW AMERICA FAILED SCOTT BOURNE  (Read 8832 times)

violentpizza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
Re: HOW AMERICA FAILED SCOTT BOURNE
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2016, 07:04:23 AM »
Scott is the proto MJ. Pseudo intellectual who really speaks to people who don't know shit.

drewdown

• Rep: -28
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2016, 07:29:48 AM »
Scott is the proto MJ. Pseudo intellectual who really speaks to people who don't know shit.

haha!! my thoughts as well. 

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2016, 08:14:33 AM »
this isn't some new thing for Bourne, he's always expressed his disappointment with the US.  Also, I know people that know him and I was under the impression that he had been in France for much longer than just since 2014. 

Anyone remember his Unbelievers board that had the Statue of Liberty in the water, basically walking from NY back to France?  It was a pretty sick. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2016, 08:45:24 AM »
What's so ironic about this guy is that he chose a country that is just as fragmented as the US... Marine Le Pen is their version of Trump, they have major issues regarding their immigrant integrations, safety is becoming an issue, etc etc.

It's not like the guy moved to Iceland.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2016, 08:55:43 AM »
I think it's cool that he gives a lot of thought to these things and issues, but it sucks that he's ranting against the internet and smart phones, just like every other person in their late 30s who is given an outlet.  People do realize that it is possible to forge connections and communities online, right?  And it's super myopic to treat online and offline existence as if they're incompatible.

Also, what Julz said.  France is not a utopia and while it's cool that he seemed to acknowledge that he's still looking at it with rose-colored glasses, you don't need to live there for 30 years to be aware of and turned off by a lot of sketchy stuff going on there right now.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 08:59:24 AM by oyolar »

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2016, 08:57:59 AM »
I have always liked Scott. He had...not a Pro Spotlight, but some sort of interview in Transworld, and I got hyped on him at a young age.

Has anyone read his novel? Wonder if it's any good.

I have it but have yet to read it. I bought it Dec. 2013, found out I was going to be a dad on January 1st 2014, and have yet to get to it. I'm psyched on it except in one interview I believe he said he stretched some truths. That kind of bummed me out but I still hope it's entertainment. I believe I saw one on ebay currently.

Still love his Consolidated parts and his part in that Pontus video. I actually really enjoy the "No Tomorrow " video the most. I like the scenery of the traveling scenes (train stuff the most) and it made me want to travel across country. Plus using 2 Lungfish songs was cool.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2016, 08:59:39 AM »
What's so ironic about this guy is that he chose a country that is just as fragmented as the US... Marine Le Pen is their version of Trump, they have major issues regarding their immigrant integrations, safety is becoming an issue, etc etc.

I don't have the time to answer in detail, so quickly:

- France is not as fragmented as the US by a long shot. There are more mixed marriages for instance.
- Marine Le Pen is the candidate for a fringe party, not the main conservative party.
- safety: yes we had several terrorist attacks but homicide rate is 4 times less than in US

But like I said before.......Not everything is perfect in France, far from it.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1226
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2016, 09:00:34 AM »
this isn't some new thing for Bourne, he's always expressed his disappointment with the US.  Also, I know people that know him and I was under the impression that he had been in France for much longer than just since 2014. 

Anyone remember his Unbelievers board that had the Statue of Liberty in the water, basically walking from NY back to France?  It was a pretty sick. 

Pretty fucking cool graphic.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2016, 09:06:32 AM »
!!!!!!!!! thank you !!!!!!!!

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2016, 09:16:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

- France is not as fragmented as the US by a long shot. There are more mixed marriages for instance.
- Marine Le Pen is the candidate for a fringe party, not the main conservative party.
- safety: yes we had several terrorist attacks but homicide rate is 4 times less than in US

No one is perfect, of course. We all have our issues. But, you can't deny that France is also going through a rough patch. But, would you go to a ''Banlieue'' ? Are the subways in Marseille all safe ?

Sure, Le Pen won't win the election, but she is stiring alot of shit and creating alot of social tensions within the country (� la Trump).

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2016, 09:37:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Pretty fucking cool graphic.

yup.  i actually own the original drawing/painting of that graphic that Jeremy Fish did, and also have the original JR Neves one that's people drinking at Tattooed Mom's. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

shark tits

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2016, 09:41:50 AM »
Expand Quote

Still love his Consolidated parts and his part in that Pontus video. I actually really enjoy the "No Tomorrow " video the most. I like the scenery of the traveling scenes (train stuff the most) and it made me want to travel across country. Plus using 2 Lungfish songs was cool.
[close]
dude! him and ol boy on the grainer inspired yrs of wreckless travel in me. getting trains pulled over is pure stupidity but of course i've done it. i seen him in SF at like 8 in the am ollieing up the 2 stairs at pier 7 to manual then manualling the pad and maybe landing still in manual. he didn't care about what's cool. maybe he lays it on thick but skating would be boring w/out militant neo-luddite lovers or whatever he thinks he is. dude's a character not some idiot listening to rap and talking w/ a bunch of slang that will be outdated in 5 yrs.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2016, 09:48:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
dude! him and ol boy on the grainer inspired yrs of wreckless travel in me. getting trains pulled over is pure stupidity but of course i've done it. i seen him in SF at like 8 in the am ollieing up the 2 stairs at pier 7 to manual then manualling the pad and maybe landing still in manual. he didn't care about what's cool. maybe he lays it on thick but skating would be boring w/out militant neo-luddite lovers or whatever he thinks he is. dude's a character not some idiot listening to rap and talking w/ a bunch of slang that will be outdated in 5 yrs.
[close]
as much as i agree i have a hard time liking him after seeing this:

« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 10:07:32 AM by behavioralguide »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2016, 10:03:31 AM »
What does he do for a living?

shark tits

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2016, 10:26:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
as much as i agree i have a hard time liking him after seeing this:

you betta work!

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1226
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2016, 10:27:38 AM »

He provides the black bars for widescreen DVDs.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2016, 11:39:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

HO.LY.SHIT.

darkthrone

• Rep: 156
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2016, 11:44:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thats genius, he was working in a bar last time I was there.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2016, 11:54:16 AM »
beavis interviewing butthead

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2016, 01:03:08 PM »
I think it's cool that he gives a lot of thought to these things and issues, but it sucks that he's ranting against the internet and smart phones, just like every other person in their late 30s who is given an outlet.  People do realize that it is possible to forge connections and communities online, right?  And it's super myopic to treat online and offline existence as if they're incompatible.

Also, what Julz said.  France is not a utopia and while it's cool that he seemed to acknowledge that he's still looking at it with rose-colored glasses, you don't need to live there for 30 years to be aware of and turned off by a lot of sketchy stuff going on there right now.

He's probably thinking of community as more than sharing ideas or interests, but some I-Thou, inter-subjective, trans-personal connections. Something that requires more openness, vulnerability, and presence than the internet provides.

such

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2016, 03:38:58 PM »
explain to me why people are gonna leave before even seeing what trumps america is gonna be like. if its bad then yeah, but shouldnt you atleast give him a chance?

Mongoloid

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2016, 03:42:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fucking Brilliant!

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2016, 06:31:30 PM »
I still think the wigger Scott Bourne with the low rider Honda who wanted to beat up Mike Sinclair phase is the best
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2016, 09:25:18 PM »
If Scott Bourne were one-tenth as smart as he thinks he is, he'd still be an arrogant douche.

Zeep Zander

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2016, 09:45:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

HO.LY.SHIT.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2016, 10:00:02 PM »
this is extremely shitty but this is all i thought of everytime i opened this thread for some reason

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -625
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2016, 10:17:10 PM »
this dude needs to fuck off
where is home?

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
  • Free Max B
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2016, 10:41:00 PM »
Has his arm been blacked out his entire career? i know all the rumors but there's gotta be photos of him skating with whatever dumbass tattoos he had covered up somewhere. Regardless dudes always been a cornball. Free Max b
FREE MAX B

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2016, 11:42:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

No one is perfect, of course. We all have our issues. But, you can't deny that France is also going through a rough patch. But, would you go to a ''Banlieue'' ? Are the subways in Marseille all safe ?

Sure, Le Pen won't win the election, but she is stiring alot of shit and creating alot of social tensions within the country (� la Trump).

well I said in my first post France is fucked right now. Actually I wonder how much Bourne understands of what's going on politically in France...
Anyways, I grew up in the "banlieue", south of Paris. My parents still live there. Sure there's some sketchy areas and being mugged in Marseille or some other place is a real possibility but believe me, it's nothing like US ghettoes where guns are readily available. I don't know where you live but France is safer than most places worldwide.

Now all that being said, WHAT THE FUCK AMERICA?? Trump is president for real??!!
After this and Brexit, I sure hope the French prresidential election doesn't provide the next shocker.

frontsideindy

• Rep: -122
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2016, 02:24:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

well I said in my first post France is fucked right now. Actually I wonder how much Bourne understands of what's going on politically in France...
Anyways, I grew up in the "banlieue", south of Paris. My parents still live there. Sure there's some sketchy areas and being mugged in Marseille or some other place is a real possibility but believe me, it's nothing like US ghettoes where guns are readily available. I don't know where you live but France is safer than most places worldwide.

Now all that being said, WHAT THE FUCK AMERICA?? Trump is president for real??!!
After this and Brexit, I sure hope the French prresidential election doesn't provide the next shocker.

France was like paradise for me 20 years ago, I spend time in
rural areas up in the north, skate sketchy places in paris and marseille and chill with chicks I meet in the streets
for free in villas in nizza, biarritz and the provence -  I enjoy all of that. Time of my live. For sure I never spend
more then 3 months over there - but I still go there once a year, and keep in touch with people I meet...

True economic and the vibes have changed -
but it's still a really nice place to go.

biggest problem is that the reality for old people in rural areas is completely
different then life in the urban areas for younger population.
Quite the same problem then in America- you have two seperated
societies with not much understanding for each others.

@julz but you are right if you are fed up with society
Paris is a bad choice - most expensive place to live- difficult
to raise a family as a novel writing bartender...